PDA

View Full Version : Interesting notes on Stoops and media

badger
7/26/2012, 02:58 PM
Apparently his latest contract had some media stipulations in it.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?Stoops_relationship_with_media_aff ects_Sooner_Nation_too/54-16240)

-Stoops weekly presser will now be 1 p.m. Monday (not Tuesday)
-Stoops *might* be available to media Tuesday after practice, *if* practice doesn't run long.
- Wednesdays are off limits to media (formerly used for player interviews, and coaches who were busy previous days, with Stoops giving last word before Saturday game)
-Six interview dates during training camp

This could have both positive and negative impacts on the team. First, the team might be less distracted by the media during the week and perform better in practice, the classroom and on gameday.

Or, this might result in the media (and the Internets, us included) to resort to whatever sources of info we can find - player tweets and facebook pages, cell phone camera photos and videos taken around campus at parties and such, rumors spread by bloggers and message boards... you name it.

Not sure how to feel about this.

cvsooner
7/26/2012, 03:41 PM
I'd say he's decided the media and subsequent attention have become too distracting for his staff and players. I suspect it also has a lot to do with better time management.

Keller Sooner
7/26/2012, 08:49 PM
I was thinking it also could have something to do with the OU Network.