PDA

View Full Version : As I said before, O'bummer is after your guns...

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2012, 01:31 AM
He just made it official at his Urban (do nothing) League speech. Plus he is creating an African-American czar...

Curly Bill
7/26/2012, 01:35 AM
Anyone who's honest knows that if the political climate would permit it Obammy would totally outlaw guns.

Speaking of which I meant to go today and buy a new assault rifle...just because. I may get a chance to go do it today.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2012, 01:42 AM
Yes, since when are semi-automatics "assault weapons"? I love the way they twist that. I wish I had a BAR, just for the history of it...Now thats an assault rifle.

Curly Bill
7/26/2012, 01:59 AM
No one in the media has a clue about guns. Even good ol conservative Bill O'reilly last night called an AR-15 "heavy weaponry," and insisted multiple times that you could buy a fully automatic machine gun by simple walking into a store. The congressman that was on with him tried to straighten him out but Bill wasn't having it.

diverdog
7/26/2012, 03:44 AM
No one in the media has a clue about guns. Even good ol conservative Bill O'reilly last night called an AR-15 "heavy weaponry," and insisted multiple times that you could buy a fully automatic machine gun by simple walking into a store. The congressman that was on with him tried to straighten him out but Bill wasn't having it.

I do not know what the answer is to be honest. This nation is seriously sick. Our deaths by firearms on a national bases looks like battlefield statistics. We average something like 11 deaths per 100,000 people. Those stats put us above most third world countries.

badger
7/26/2012, 08:30 AM
I've never fired a gun and the only time I held one was a hunting rifle unloaded and with the safety on. Guns kind of scare me.

At the same time, I love hearing about vigilante justice in the Tulsa area. People are not idly standing by anymore letting burglars and robbers enter and take.

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 08:47 AM
I've never fired a gun and the only time I held one was a hunting rifle unloaded and with the safety on. Guns kind of scare me.

At the same time, I love hearing about vigilante justice in the Tulsa area. People are not idly standing by anymore letting burglars and robbers enter and take.

You only fear what you dont know

Now as to Obammy wanting to take our Guns away . What was yer 1st clue? Him being a Dem.? Him being a Lib? Him Being from Chicago?

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2012, 10:14 AM
All of the above. Plus the Progressives want people disarmed so they can usurp power without ramifications.

KABOOKIE
7/26/2012, 10:20 AM
Yes because we all know how well those third world countries are with statistics.

badger
7/26/2012, 10:24 AM
All of the above. Plus the Progressives want people disarmed so they can usurp power without ramifications.

It might just be fear of the unknown, like vet said.

Tiptonsooner
7/26/2012, 10:55 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599345_420674521304748_542465210_n.jpg

Tiptonsooner
7/26/2012, 10:55 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/578829_420256088013258_359169634_n.jpg

badger
7/26/2012, 11:12 AM
Isn't it amazing that it only took till mankind's population reached 4 before we resorted to murder when No. 3 killed No. 4?

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 11:19 AM
It is nonsense to think that the Progressives or Obama can.
disarm the population. There's over 300 million guns (that we
know about) in the U.S. and, as long as the 2nd is in effect and
NRA is alive and well, there's not much gonna happen. Diver, I'm
with you about not knowing the solution. There are enough laws
in place, just find a way to highlight purchasers like Holmes, when
they buy AR-15 and two Glocks in a short time frame, along with
the 12 guage...no way IMO that that purchaser is up to any good.
Not that that's a solution but it is a start.

All the rhetoric is right, it takes a person to pull the trigger...maybe
some common sense...really now, a 100 round drum ought to be
some sort of red flag....

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 11:19 AM
Isn't it amazing that it only took till mankind's population reached 4 before we resorted to murder when No. 3 killed No. 4?

So let that be a lesson to some of Yall. Dont be pissin me off.:beaten:

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 11:20 AM
It is nonsense to think that the Progressives or Obama can.
disarm the population. There's over 300 million guns (that we
know about) in the U.S. and, as long as the 2nd is in effect and
NRA is alive and well, there's not much gonna happen. Diver, I'm
with you about not knowing the solution. There are enough laws
in place, just find a way to highlight purchasers like Holmes, when
they buy AR-15 and two Glocks in a short time frame, along with
the 12 guage...no way IMO that that purchaser is up to any good.
Not that that's a solution but it is a start.

All the rhetoric is right, it takes a person to pull the trigger...maybe
some common sense...really now, a 100 round drum ought to be
some sort of red flag....

Yup that whoever buys it is a total ****in idiot

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 11:23 AM
So let that be a lesson to some of Yall. Dont be pissin me off.:beaten:

Now, c'mon Vet, what caliber's yer rock?:glee:

C&CDean
7/26/2012, 11:24 AM
Funny. I just bought a Remington .223 varmint rifle yesterday afternoon that most liberal idiots would call an "assault rifle." It's got a 10, 20, and 30 round magazine, pistol grip, floating barrell, and I put a little 1x4 Leupold scope on it. Same round an AR-15 "heavy artillery" shoots. Jeez, media types/liberals are ****ing dilweeds.

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 11:26 AM
69 :couple_inlove:

Rock, Dean snuck in a post :glee:

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 11:41 AM
Nah, AR15 or Rem 223 ain't assault rifles or "heavy weaponry"...the M4, HK416
& M27 are assault & "heavy weapons". But, ya gotta admit a .223 with a 30 round
mag would handle a lot of varmits, even 2 legged kind:glee:

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2012, 12:50 PM
So is my M1 an assault rifle?

Any body with any gun knowledge would not have a 100 round drum, too many chances to fail. Thats why the Thompson in WW2 used the stick mags and not the more cooler looking drum mag used by the crime gangs in the 30s. Now the Thompson is a sweet beauty from aesthetics
Standpoint. A work of art.

C&CDean
7/26/2012, 12:56 PM
How is an M-4 heavy? It shoots the .223 doesn't it?

Heavy weaponry? My Ruger .480 mag. My Ruger 300 Win Mag. .223? Not so much.

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 12:58 PM
So is my M1 an assault rifle?

Any body with any gun knowledge would not have a 100 round drum, too many chances to fail. Thats why the Thompson in WW2 used the stick mags and not the more cooler looking drum mag used by the crime gangs in the 30s. Now the Thompson is a sweet beauty from aesthetics
Standpoint. A work of art.

Yeah, the Thompson would rattle yer teeth on full auto. If yer
talkin about the M1 carbine, then, yeah, it was considered an
assault weapon because of high capacity and delivery as fast
as you can trigger it, pales in comparison to today's weapons.

Position Limit
7/26/2012, 01:06 PM
he hates guns and freedom. businesses and money. you guys should really head to the gun shop and buy as many guns as you can now before it's too late. the gun lobby has lost control of the situation. well, control over everything but this crowd....carry on

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 01:10 PM
How is an M-4 heavy? It shoots the .223 doesn't it?

Heavy weaponry? My Ruger .480 mag. My Ruger 300 Win Mag. .223? Not so much.

You're right, it does shoot the .223. I got confused using the
NATO nomenclature...5.56mm

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 01:25 PM
You're right, it does shoot the .223. I got confused using the
NATO nomenclature...5.56mm
Ya just need Ole Position Limit to straighten ya out ,

XingTheRubicon
7/26/2012, 01:37 PM
Canada has more guns per person than we do.

Canada has about 80 gun related murders per year. (or July in DC)

The US has about 8,000 gun deaths per year. (with fewer guns per person)

maybe US citizens are just too f***ing stupid to own death toys

:confused

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 01:43 PM

Bro ya need to do a lil readin about Canada and its Gun Laws

Even the Canadian Cops dont carry off duty from what I read

badger
7/26/2012, 02:37 PM

I know that Michael Moore is a fat Meatchicken man, but he provided some interesting insight into the Canadian gun thing in Bowling for Columbine.

Moore attempts to contrast this with the attitude prevailing in Canada, where (he states) gun ownership is at similar levels to the U.S. He illustrates his thesis by visiting neighborhoods in Canada near the Canada-U.S. border, where he finds front doors unlocked and much less concern over crime and security.

In this section, a montage of possible causes for gun violence are stated by several social pundits. Many claim links with violence in television, cinema, and computer games; towards the end of the montage, however, the same people all change their claims to Marilyn Manson's responsibility. Following this is an interview between Moore and Marilyn Manson. Manson shares his views about the United States' climate with Moore, stating that he believes U.S. society is based on "fear and consumption", citing Colgate commercials that promise "if you have bad breath, [people] are not going to talk to you" and other commercials containing fear-based messages, and that the government-controlled media would certainly far rather point at him as a greater influence on the acts of Klebold and Harris than President Clinton, who ordered more bombings on Kosovo that specific day than any other. When Moore asks Manson what he would say to the students at Columbine, Manson replies, "I wouldn't say a single word to them; I would listen to what they have to say, and that's what no one did."

I used to live in a neighborhood like the one Moore visited in Canada, where people didn't lock their doors. It was very rural, very neighborly, very retired (read: old people everywhere that would give you tons of candy on Halloween even if they didn't recognize what you were dressed as)

Tiptonsooner
7/26/2012, 03:22 PM
Statistics of gun ownership, comparing Canada and U.S. are crap. I know of plenty of guns not registered or on any list of ownership. How can those statistics be even close to valid. Besides, population density is the factor most involved with violence. You put too many docile doves in a cage, they're gonna start killing each other.

Other people, especially the government, have no right to tell me what I should or should not own concerning firearms. 100rd drum mags, pretty worthless imho, but my right if I want one.(who would want to carry the damn thing?) Where do you draw the line? I guarantee you my line is different than yours.....

C&CDean
7/26/2012, 03:40 PM
I really don't care about statistics. What skews the stats on gun deaths in the USA are N word gangbangers. Yeah, I said it.

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 03:45 PM
I really don't care about statistics. What skews the stats on gun deaths in the USA are N word gangbangers. Yeah, I said it.

Ya need to throw in the Beaner Gangbangers alos Bro

Tiptonsooner
7/26/2012, 03:51 PM

Nail, meet hammer.......

Damn shame more people don't say whats on their mind, this country would be totally different if we didn't try to keep from hurting everyone's feelers.....

BetterSoonerThanLater
7/26/2012, 04:00 PM
how many backwoods canadians have guns that aren't registered? canada is a very large place...you think all of them register their guns? whats the population of canada vs the US?....statistics are crap that progressives and libs like to use to ignore reality.

the gov't can tell me that i can't have guns all they want..doesn't mean that my gun safe is gonna be empty, just because they want to throw gun statistic at me. everytime there's an incident involving guns that garners national attention, the gun control freaks get all reactive, and blame the guns and the gun companies...that holmes kid is just bat **** crazy...if he didn't have guns, he would have found some other way to carry out his deed. diesel fuel and fertilizer could have a much grander effect...see mcviegh. we gonna stop sellin' fertilizer and deisel?

you want'em, come try to take'em.

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 04:05 PM
No, didn't stop selling fertilizer but DID start putting
chemical markers in it to help trace the sale.

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 04:08 PM
Thats why I go else where to buy my mine

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 04:11 PM
Thats why I go else where to buy my mine

Buy yer what?:glee:

BetterSoonerThanLater
7/26/2012, 04:11 PM

true, but do you really think that putting markers on the sale would keep him from buying it? people are going to find a way whether you regulate it our not. infringing on the rights of others that have no desire to do bad things--in order to regulate a few--is not the answer.

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 04:17 PM
true, but do you really think that putting markers on the sale would keep him from buying it? people are going to find a way whether you regulate it our not. infringing on the rights of others that have no desire to do bad things--in order to regulate a few--is not the answer.

Nope, won't hinder them one bit but will help solve any mystery
and maybe lead to others that want to do bad things.

I agree about infringing on the rights of others 100%. Just like
it really ticks me off that I have to prepay cash for gas, cause
the station owners' experience drive off gas theft...hate the extra
walking and implied criminal behavior, BUT, I understand why.

Really nothing we can do...bad people are gonna do bad things...
no what.

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 04:20 PM
Nope, won't hinder them one bit but will help solve any mystery
and maybe lead to others that want to do bad things.

I agree about infringing on the rights of others 100%. Just like
it really ticks me off that I have to prepay cash for gas, cause
the station owners' experience drive off gas theft...hate the extra
walking and implied criminal behavior, BUT, I understand why.

Really nothing we can do...bad people are gonna do bad things...
no what.

When I go outta town to buy my fertilizer I just pay at the pump saves me all that walkin and ****.

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 04:23 PM
When I go outta town to buy my fertilizer I just pay at the pump saves me all that walkin and ****.

I do, too, ya know some stations put an extra hold on your card
for whatever reason....

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 04:26 PM
I do, too, ya know some stations put an extra hold on your card
for whatever reason....

If ya use a Debit Card. I use a stolen CC with a Bogus tag , when Im makin those kinda runs

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 04:28 PM
If ya use a Debit Card. I use a stolen CC with a Bogus tag , when Im makin those kinda runs

Heh...pretty crafty fer an Olevet:glee:

C&CDean
7/26/2012, 04:51 PM
Ya need to throw in the Beaner Gangbangers alos Bro

Everybody knows them guys use switchblades, not guns. Sheez.

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 05:19 PM
Everybody knows them guys use switchblades, not guns. Sheez.

You best come on up to the 20th century Bro
They be bad assed now

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah, the Thompson would rattle yer teeth on full auto. If yer
talkin about the M1 carbine, then, yeah, it was considered an
assault weapon because of high capacity and delivery as fast
as you can trigger it, pales in comparison to today's weapons.
M1 Garand, i would not call the clip of ammo as "high capacity".

marfacowboy
7/26/2012, 06:40 PM
Funny. I just bought a Remington .223 varmint rifle yesterday afternoon that most liberal idiots would call an "assault rifle." It's got a 10, 20, and 30 round magazine, pistol grip, floating barrell, and I put a little 1x4 Leupold scope on it. Same round an AR-15 "heavy artillery" shoots. Jeez, media types/liberals are ****ing dilweeds.

What's a "varmint?"

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2012, 06:40 PM
What I'm gonna do... Need an AK inmy collection. never would have bought one before, but since O'bummer thinks its bad, I'll get one now. Buy your ammo now, its only gonna get more expensive before the election.

marfacowboy
7/26/2012, 06:53 PM
Sounds to me like he's looking for tougher background checks so we can lunatics from getting their hands on guns and for a way to help improve education in the black community.
It's hard for me to understand why anyone would be against either measure, especially the latter, since you don't want to pay their way through life. If you want to get them off the welfare rolls you better let him find a way to improve their communities and educational opportunities.

LiveLaughLove
7/26/2012, 06:58 PM
I haven't owned a weapon since I was in the army, twenty five years ago, but my wife and I are probably going to soon.

Love the second amendment, just don't personally like firearms, but i'm coming around.

The kids are getting older, and my neighborhood, while newer is starting to have some problems.

I'm eating twice as much Chik-fil-a, so might a well buy some weapons too. :)

LiveLaughLove
7/26/2012, 07:05 PM
Sounds to me like he's looking for tougher background checks so we can lunatics from getting their hands on guns and for a way to help improve education in the black community.
It's hard for me to understand why anyone would be against either measure, especially the latter, since you don't want to pay their way through life. If you want to get them off the welfare rolls you better let him find a way to improve their communities and educational opportunities.

Background check wouldn't have found this guy. He was clean.

You can't stop everything. 14 illegals died in a crash about the same time as the shooting. Where's the dem outrage? The calls for strictly laws?

The very best outcome for the shooting would have been two or three guys with c &c to Havre popped him. May not have killed him, but a bullet hitting kevlar still hurts, bad. This guy was a wimp. He would have went down.

marfacowboy
7/26/2012, 07:30 PM
Background check wouldn't have found this guy. He was clean.

You can't stop everything. 14 illegals died in a crash about the same time as the shooting. Where's the dem outrage? The calls for strictly laws?

The very best outcome for the shooting would have been two or three guys with c &c to Havre popped him. May not have killed him, but a bullet hitting kevlar still hurts, bad. This guy was a wimp. He would have went down.

Might not have caught him since he apparently had no previous history of mental health treatment. But if tougher scans caught one and saved one child, I'd be for tougher screening.
And as for a couple of weekend warriors that have never pointed a gun at a human in their lives firing into a crowded, dark theatre filled with tear gas and children, no thanks. It's pretty hot in your hand when you're pointing at a human being, especially one that can shoot back. Most don't have the sand for it.
One of the first things you're taught is you are responsible for EVERY BULLET that leaves your weapon. You are not to fire unless you are 100% CERTAIN no innocents will be hurt. AND...you're only supposed to use your weapon to defend YOURSELF AND THOSE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR. If you can get out and away, you're supposed to do that. There's a chance your only option would be to get them on the ground, find cover and return fire, but that is supposed to be your last resort. So, all of these people talking about armed patrons firing in that situation sound like people that haven't been through the training.

Turd_Ferguson
7/26/2012, 07:53 PM
Might not have caught him since he apparently had no previous history of mental health treatment. But if tougher scans caught one and saved one child, I'd be for tougher screening.
And as for a couple of weekend warriors that have never pointed a gun at a human in their lives firing into a crowded, dark theatre filled with tear gas and children, no thanks. It's pretty hot in your hand when you're pointing at a human being, especially one that can shoot back. Most don't have the sand for it.
One of the first things you're taught is you are responsible for EVERY BULLET that leaves your weapon. You are not to fire unless you are 100% CERTAIN no innocents will be hurt. AND...you're only supposed to use your weapon to defend YOURSELF AND THOSE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR. If you can get out and away, you're supposed to do that. There's a chance your only option would be to get them on the ground, find cover and return fire, but that is supposed to be your last resort. So, all of these people talking about armed patrons firing in that situation sound like people that haven't been through the training.Really? Where is this rule written?

marfacowboy
7/26/2012, 08:05 PM
Really? Where is this rule written?

It's all over the printed material where I was trained and is part of the curriculum for most permit classes. The reason is liability. You have a right to protect yourself and those you're responsible for, but once you get outside of that area, you're placing yourself, and potentially others, at risk.

KABOOKIE
7/26/2012, 08:40 PM
It's all over the printed material where I was trained and is part of the curriculum for most permit classes. The reason is liability. You have a right to protect yourself and those you're responsible for, but once you get outside of that area, you're placing yourself, and potentially others, at risk.

In my neck of the woods I can draw down on anyone thats committing a violent felony even if my life is not endangered.

As for your theatre scenario, I'd rather have 20 nervous CCH'ers than 300 panicked unarmed liberals trampling over my children trying to save their pasty white asses.

marfacowboy
7/26/2012, 08:52 PM
In my neck of the woods I can draw down on anyone thats committing a violent felony even if my life is not endangered.

You can do there anywhere you have the legal right to carry a firearm. But if you make a mistake, you may face jail time or serious civil penalties. Guys, this isn't Coffeyville in the 19th century where the citizens run out and fill the Dalton's full of lead.
I just find it amazing that in that scenario, with all of the conditions I previously described, anyone thinks a citizen that's never pointed a gun at a human in their life is going to get off the shot of the century with an AR-15 spraying bullets around the place. You're going to be down, and will probably have to have the calm and knowledge to know when the shots are not coming your way (ever been in combat?), and then, in a nano-second, come up, and fire your weapon with complete assurance you're not going to hit a bystander and find the weak spot in his armor. Maybe a shot bouncing off his head will stagger him, but maybe not. He's crazy. Probably on psychotropic drugs. Come on. You shoot a kid and they match the slug to your .45 or whatever, guess what? You're going to get sued by the family. You may face criminal charges. Better be damn sure, that's all I'm saying.

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 08:53 PM
M1 Garand, i would not call the clip of ammo as "high capacity".

Nope, I think the Garand was an 8 shot clip, certainly not
high capacity. I thought you were talking about the carbine
that can have up to 30 round mags. I have 15 on mine but
I want to get some 25's...i think that's the most nowadays...

BetterSoonerThanLater
7/26/2012, 08:58 PM
Didnt nobody hearbout that guy that shot those robbers in an internet cafe last week? Pretty sure he could have ran away, but he sacked up and took care of business. He was mindin his own, when some hooligans came in. If he hadnt been packin, things might have turned out differently. In this case, the only ppl injured were the bad guys.

Good on'em. He has a permit, used it responsibly, and protected himself and others around him.
Prolly didnt hear. Out it on those bat **** crazy lib channels though. It would contradict their agenda

rock on sooner
7/26/2012, 09:12 PM
Didnt nobody hearbout that guy that shot those robbers in an internet cafe last week? Pretty sure he could have ran away, but he sacked up and took care of business. He was mindin his own, when some hooligans came in. If he hadnt been packin, things might have turned out differently. In this case, the only ppl injured were the bad guys.

Good on'em. He has a permit, used it responsibly, and protected himself and others around him.
Prolly didnt hear. Out it on those bat **** crazy lib channels though. It would contradict their agenda

Talked bout this earlier...Vet made a good point bout all the
innocents around...don know if he thought bout that but I
agree that the ol guy stepped up...

soonercruiser
7/26/2012, 09:24 PM

There are already plenty of background checks. The evil and lunatics will find a way to get their weapons when they want them!
Who would EVER think that they cannot!

BTW....there is another story coming out about a letter that he had mailed his psychologist about the details of his plan.
Seems it got delayed in the university postal system; or, so says the psychologist. :sleeping:
Hummmmm....sure sounds like OU.

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 09:26 PM
What's a "varmint?"

Folk like YOU

Curly Bill
7/26/2012, 09:38 PM
Folk like YOU

Dude, I got a 2-pt red card for calling him a dumas. You better be careful!

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 09:48 PM
Dude, I got a 2-pt red card for calling him a dumas. You better be careful!

Are ya gonna cry an whine about it? report every post by him and the other Dumas's ?

Curly Bill
7/26/2012, 09:49 PM
Are ya gonna cry an whine about it? report every post by him and the other Dumas's ?

Ima report every post where a lib calls someone an idiot, hillbilly, anything at all that hurts my sensitive feelers.

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 09:54 PM
Ima report every post where a lib calls someone an idiot, hillbilly, anything at all that hurts my sensitive feelers.

:glee:

Curly Bill
7/26/2012, 09:58 PM
I didn't even think we had mods over here anymore. They shoulda warned us if they were actually gonna start doing that again! ;)

soonercruiser
7/26/2012, 09:59 PM
One of the first things you're taught is you are responsible for EVERY BULLET that leaves your weapon. You are not to fire unless you are 100% CERTAIN no innocents will be hurt. AND...you're only supposed to use your weapon to defend YOURSELF AND THOSE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR. If you can get out and away, you're supposed to do that. There's a chance your only option would be to get them on the ground, find cover and return fire, but that is supposed to be your last resort. So, all of these people talking about armed patrons firing in that situation sound like people that haven't been through the training.

NOT EXACTLY TRUE in Oklahoma!

Oklahoma Self Defense Act

Page....Para II. E. 4. Deadly Force...b. Defense of Another: Usually, if a person witnesses another person in a threatening situation, the best course of action is to call the police. In limitred circumstances, however, a citizen may lawfully come to the aid of another person......But, there is a critical difference between protecting someone we have a relationship with, and acting on behalf of a stranger.
(1) The use of force may not exceed the amount of force a reasonable person, in the circumstances, and from the viewpoint of the person using defensive force, would have used to prevent bodily harm.
(2) Deadly Force - Defense of Another: Legal Standard, justifiable use: A person is justified....expands the use of force to protect....spouse, child, employer, employees from iminent danger or great bodily harm.

In fact, every week in Oklahoma we a new see story of someone pulling out their concealed weapon to fend off, or actually shoot armed robbers at a Quick Stop, when they themselves don't have gun directly in their own face. And, except for one recent high profile case where excessive force is at issue, no one has been held for prosecution.

*There is nothing in the Oklahoma Self Defense Act that mentions being 100% certain of ANYTHING!
But, you "may be held" responsible for anyone's injury if they are not the intended target.

Anyone who intends to "carry", has the responsibility to practice, practice, practice, so that they can react quickly, judge the situation quickly, and shot effectively when required to protect self or others!
Otherwise, maybe they shouldn't "carry".

diverdog
7/27/2012, 06:31 AM

I hope you are not serious.

olevetonahill
7/27/2012, 06:36 AM
I hope you are not serious.
Why not?If Marfa can be a whiney lil bitch so can CB

marfacowboy
7/27/2012, 07:24 AM

It was justified, because he probably couldn't get out, and he was faced with two men with weapons that put him in grave danger. It wasn't pitch black, filled with smoke or with dozens of children running.
But if you look at the video, he had extremely poor form. Horrible even, but he did run them off.

marfacowboy
7/27/2012, 07:36 AM
NOT EXACTLY TRUE in Oklahoma!

Oklahoma Self Defense Act

Page....Para II. E. 4. Deadly Force...b. Defense of Another: Usually, if a person witnesses another person in a threatening situation, the best course of action is to call the police. In limitred circumstances, however, a citizen may lawfully come to the aid of another person......But, there is a critical difference between protecting someone we have a relationship with, and acting on behalf of a stranger.
(1) The use of force may not exceed the amount of force a reasonable person, in the circumstances, and from the viewpoint of the person using defensive force, would have used to prevent bodily harm.
(2) Deadly Force - Defense of Another: Legal Standard, justifiable use: A person is justified....expands the use of force to protect....spouse, child, employer, employees from iminent danger or great bodily harm.

In fact, every week in Oklahoma we a new see story of someone pulling out their concealed weapon to fend off, or actually shoot armed robbers at a Quick Stop, when they themselves don't have gun directly in their own face. And, except for one recent high profile case where excessive force is at issue, no one has been held for prosecution.

*There is nothing in the Oklahoma Self Defense Act that mentions being 100% certain of ANYTHING!
But, you "may be held" responsible for anyone's injury if they are not the intended target.

Anyone who intends to "carry", has the responsibility to practice, practice, practice, so that they can react quickly, judge the situation quickly, and shot effectively when required to protect self or others!
Otherwise, maybe they shouldn't "carry".

That's mostly clear, but again, I never said it was against the law. I said you're trained to avoid it due to potential LIABILITY ISSUES. And notice they want you to FIRST call the police. It says in LIMITED circumstances. And also notice it emphasizes "spouse, child, employer, employees," in other words, people you are or may be responsible for.
It shouldn't have say you have to be responsible for not shooting innocent bystanders. That's clear to anyone that's ever taken a basic gun safety class.
Here's an excellent commentary (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/26/opinion/armed-but-not-so-safe.html?smid=pl-share) by a retired officer on how completely ludicrous it is to think citizens could have brought down that killer in the theater.

olevetonahill
7/27/2012, 07:43 AM
That's mostly clear, but again, I never said it was against the law. I said you're trained to avoid it due to potential LIABILITY ISSUES. And notice they want you to FIRST call the police. It says in LIMITED circumstances. And also notice it emphasizes "spouse, child, employer, employees," in other words, people you are or may be responsible for.
It shouldn't have say you have to be responsible for not shooting innocent bystanders. That's clear to anyone that's ever taken a basic gun safety class.
Here's an excellent commentary (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/26/opinion/armed-but-not-so-safe.html?smid=pl-share) by a retired officer on how completely ludicrous it is to think citizens could have brought down that killer in the theater.

So now we have a retired Lib cop and You saying it would be bad. Good Jorb My Love interest.

marfacowboy
7/27/2012, 07:45 AM
Why not?If Marfa can be a whiney lil bitch so can CB

All you fellas have to do is follow the rules. Why do you think you shouldn't have to follow the rules? And here you go again breaking them. What's the point?

marfacowboy
7/27/2012, 07:45 AM
So now we have a retired Lib cop and You saying it would be bad. Good Jorb My Love interest.

How do you know he's liberal? What difference does it make if he's liberal? He's got more experience than anyone on this forum, and he's right.

olevetonahill
7/27/2012, 07:47 AM
All you fellas have to do is follow the rules. Why do you think you shouldn't have to follow the rules? And here you go again breaking them. What's the point?

I dont know about anyone else But fore me it just comes naturally , Cause Im
http://adorability.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/rebelwithoutacause5.jpg

olevetonahill
7/27/2012, 07:49 AM
How do you know he's liberal? What difference does it make if he's liberal? He's got more experience than anyone on this forum, and he's right.

He's right in YHO. dont make it fact
I know hes a Liberal because he has a Purty Mouf like YOU

olevetonahill
7/27/2012, 07:59 AM
We break em, cause thats what we do, Plus we like to hear you Cry :pirate:

C&CDean
7/27/2012, 08:11 AM
The next mother****er that reports a post is getting a vacation. Oh wait, too late...

Play nice - or play ugly. Either way, if you're gonna dish it, be ready to take it. Without whining.

TIA.

rock on sooner
7/27/2012, 08:26 AM
He's right in YHO. dont make it fact
I know hes a Liberal because he has a Purty Mouf like YOU

Geez, Vet, I dint know any cops were lib...any I ever ran into sure
weren't open minded...:pirate:

olevetonahill
7/27/2012, 08:28 AM
Geez, Vet, I dint know any cops were lib...any I ever ran into sure
weren't open minded...:pirate:
Chicago cop,
Pay Tention

olevetonahill
7/27/2012, 08:34 AM
The next mother****er that reports a post is getting a vacation. Oh wait, too late...

Play nice - or play ugly. Either way, if you're gonna dish it, be ready to take it. Without whining.

TIA.
Didnt ST get a 3 day bain for reporting posts?
Since when cant we Laugh our butts off at some one crying and even be a little snarky in comments to em?:unconscious:

rock on sooner
7/27/2012, 09:17 AM
Chicago cop,
Pay Tention

Lessee, several in CO, OK, TX, AZ, NV,WY, ND n IA but none in
Chicago. N that don count the ones in furrin countries. Mind you,
wuz NOT doin anythin bad, jus encountered them in my travels &
and not a one would even smile..:pirate:

KABOOKIE
7/27/2012, 11:55 AM
It was justified, because he probably couldn't get out, and he was faced with two men with weapons that put him in grave danger. It wasn't pitch black, filled with smoke or with dozens of children running.
But if you look at the video, he had extremely poor form. Horrible even, but he did run them off.

He had 1000x better form than all the others standing around worried they're going to die. Yeah Mr. combat you should just STFU because your alternative is stupid.

Turd_Ferguson
7/27/2012, 12:05 PM
He had 1000x better form than all the others standing around worried they're going to die. Yeah Mr. combat you should just STFU because your alternative is stupid.

Marfa in action...

http://monstergirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/barney_fife.jpg

soonercruiser
7/27/2012, 02:16 PM
That would be one "blank"!

soonercruiser
7/27/2012, 02:19 PM

But, YOU SAID "100% sure.....and only to defend yourself."
Wrong on both counts!

soonercruiser
7/27/2012, 02:21 PM

Should we even bother to post 7 virgin opposing opinions?

Besides, Chicago doesn't even allow law-abiding citizens to defend themselves.
In Chicago, the gobment does everything for them

diverdog
7/27/2012, 07:02 PM

TIA.

I swear to god I hate RATs. I have been posting on internet message boards since the Weather Dudes and not once have I ever reported a post. People need to get a thicker skin.

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 09:01 AM
But, YOU SAID "100% sure.....and only to defend yourself."
Wrong on both counts!

You're saying you don't have to be 100% sure you're not going to hurt an innocent person when you fire your weapon? You're ok with being pretty sure you won't hit that child 3 feet away?
Licensed carry classes all, as I said before, teach you to only engage to defend yourself and those you are responsible for. That's what I said then, and that's what I'm saying now. You're free to do otherwise, and you can find yourself in court, facing a judgement and potential garnishments for the rest of your life.

LiveLaughLove
7/28/2012, 01:20 PM
Anyone serious enough to go for a C and C is someone serious enough to have done something in that theater even with the conditions. Could they have stopped him completely? Maybe not, but maybe so.

You act like it would have been worse with someone firing back at him. That's a ridiculous statement. It wouldn't have been worse than 12 dead and 50+ injured.

If the guy knows someone is firing back, he would have at least slowed down to take care of the danger to him. As I said before, he was a little guy. Bullets hurt even when they hit kevlar. Just one hit, would have slowed down the rampage and allowed more people to escape.

Could innocents have been hit by the C and C folks? Sure. Would it have been to the tune of 12 dead and 50+ injured? No freaking way.

An armed populace stops crime. I couldn't find it, but a recent study has guns being used to deter and stop crime something like 84% of the time. Maybe someone can find that study.

Not that it would change your mind.

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 01:50 PM
Anyone serious enough to go for a C and C is someone serious enough to have done something in that theater even with the conditions. Could they have stopped him completely? Maybe not, but maybe so.

You act like it would have been worse with someone firing back at him. That's a ridiculous statement. It wouldn't have been worse than 12 dead and 50+ injured.

If the guy knows someone is firing back, he would have at least slowed down to take care of the danger to him. As I said before, he was a little guy. Bullets hurt even when they hit kevlar. Just one hit, would have slowed down the rampage and allowed more people to escape.

Could innocents have been hit by the C and C folks? Sure. Would it have been to the tune of 12 dead and 50+ injured? No freaking way.

An armed populace stops crime. I couldn't find it, but a recent study has guns being used to deter and stop crime something like 84% of the time. Maybe someone can find that study.

Not that it would change your mind.

I didn't say it would have been worse. I said it would have been risky due to the environment, that you're trained to protect yourself and those you're responsible for, and there are potential liability issues. Every single one of those statements is true.

pphilfran
7/28/2012, 01:55 PM
12 dead and 58 others shot when another gun was not present...this statement is true...anything else is just conjecture...

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 02:22 PM
I'm interested in how many people that have participated in this thread have concealed carry permits.

LiveLaughLove
7/28/2012, 02:23 PM
12 dead and 58 others shot when another gun was not present...this statement is true...anything else is just conjecture...

Not exactly. Time and time again there are stories of bad situations stopped by an armed citizen. I can't think of one where the situation got worse because of an armed citizen.

There may be some but they are far fewer.

I don't think it is conjecture to say the situation would have been better. To what extent better I would agree that is conjecture.

olevetonahill
7/28/2012, 02:31 PM
I'm interested in how many people that have participated in this thread have concealed carry permits.

Just as you dont want to give up any personal Info about yourself No one else wnats to give you that info just to satisfy your nosiness

pphilfran
7/28/2012, 02:32 PM
Not exactly. Time and time again there are stories of bad situations stopped by an armed citizen. I can't think of one where the situation got worse because of an armed citizen.

There may be some but they are far fewer.

I don't think it is conjecture to say the situation would have been better. To what extent better I would agree that is conjecture.

Only Nostradamus could foresee the future...

pphilfran
7/28/2012, 02:33 PM

Not I...don't own a handgun...

pphilfran
7/28/2012, 02:36 PM
The shooter pops the guy with a CC 9 mm and now he has an extra weapon...

I do agree that things could have been shut down quicker...but we don't know that for sure..

olevetonahill
7/28/2012, 02:36 PM
Not I...don't own a handgun...

I have 3 with in reach right now, But then again I live in Indian country

LiveLaughLove
7/28/2012, 02:37 PM
I see Obama chose his political survival over his beliefs this week. The USA decided NOT to participate in the UN Gun Control Treaty.

A sure election loser had he followed through. Not surprised he chickened out.

He weighed 'em in his hand. Beliefs < Politics

Good to know he is a man of his convictions. LOL.

pphilfran
7/28/2012, 02:38 PM
I have 3 with in reach right now, But then again I live in Indian country

My place is surrounded by Indian land on three side...they used to have buffalo grazing on the land but one pregnant one got out and was killed on a major city street...now just horses and cattle...

olevetonahill
7/28/2012, 02:41 PM
My place is surrounded by Indian land on three side...they used to have buffalo grazing on the land but one pregnant one got out and was killed on a major city street...now just horses and cattle...

Not Talkin the Warpath injuns bro
Talkin the Bad guys that Like to steal everything that aint nailed down and locked up tight Meth head mother ****ers

LiveLaughLove
7/28/2012, 02:44 PM
Only Nostradamus could foresee the future...

Well, you study the past to find a reasonable prediction of what will happen in the future.

We do it every day in just about every aspect of our lives. We drive in our cars to Point A, because so far we have successfully done so every time. Could something tragic happen? Sure, but the past reveals the chances of that are slim.

We do our economics based almost solely on this, etc. etc.

As I said, it is reasonable to predict the outcome would have been more favorable because most of the outcomes involving armed citizens are.

100% accurate? Of course not. Nothing is.

pphilfran
7/28/2012, 02:56 PM
100% accurate? Of course not. Nothing is.

Exactly

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 03:00 PM
Just as you dont want to give up any personal Info about yourself No one else wnats to give you that info just to satisfy your nosiness

I've provided a ton of information about myself. Just not my name or my workplace. I have a permit. I'd think that most people here, if they had a permit, would be happy to say so.

cleller
7/28/2012, 03:01 PM
Not Talkin the Warpath injuns bro
Talkin the Bad guys that Like to steal everything that aint nailed down and locked up tight Meth head mother ****ers

Crossing my fingers, but I've got a great setup. The nearest neighbors N, S, and W of me are big ole honest farm men. Do anything for ya. E of me is a square mile of old school land.

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 03:04 PM
I see Obama chose his political survival over his beliefs this week. The USA decided NOT to participate in the UN Gun Control Treaty.

A sure election loser had he followed through. Not surprised he chickened out.

He weighed 'em in his hand. Beliefs < Politics

Good to know he is a man of his convictions. LOL.

It doesn't matter what Obama does. Republicans and conservatives will criticize every move, because that's the party line. They passed something like 25 tax cuts one year mostly for middle class Americans and small businesses, but no one will ever give them a single ounce of credit for that. It's comical.

pphilfran
7/28/2012, 03:11 PM
It doesn't matter what Obama does. Republicans and conservatives will criticize every move, because that's the party line. They passed something like 25 tax cuts one year mostly for middle class Americans and small businesses, but no one will ever give them a single ounce of credit for that. It's comical.

If unemployment had continued to drop he might have gotten an attaboy...

LiveLaughLove
7/28/2012, 03:15 PM

Yes, because we know liberals didn't criticize everything Bush did.

Besides I didn't criticize it. I simply laughed at his lack of conviction on his beliefs. You know he wants to disarm us badly, but he knows his re-election would be gone totally had he followed through.

pphilfran
7/28/2012, 03:15 PM
The bank bailouts did more to stop the slide than his tax rate reductions and stimulus...

Notice that the steep decline in employment slowed prior to any stimulus being spent...

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/unemploy-1.jpg

cleller
7/28/2012, 03:40 PM
There was a graph in the WSJ showing the cumulative growth of the economy over 3 years following all the recessions of the last 50 years. The growth out of this recession was the lowest, and markedly lower than most. Not a good position for the guy at the top, regardless the backstory.

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 03:44 PM
If unemployment had continued to drop he might have gotten an attaboy...

I'm beginning to wonder if there really is anything we can do to fix unemployment. This is off topic for this thread, but for what it's worth....I think we have too many people in the U.S. and a non-sustainable economic model. You can't grow infinitely in a world of finite resources, yet our economy is based on growth ad infinitum. The welfare state isn't sustainable, either.
I think our problems are really beyond the ability of either party, and I don't believe either party is looking long term. It's all about the next election.
I am terribly worried for my children and their children, assuming they have families at some point.

cleller
7/28/2012, 03:49 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if there really is anything we can do to fix unemployment. This is off topic for this thread, but for what it's worth....I think we have too many people in the U.S. and a non-sustainable economic model. You can't grow infinitely in a world of finite resources, yet our economy is based on growth ad infinitum. The welfare state isn't sustainable, either.
I think our problems are really beyond the ability of either party, and I don't believe either party is looking long term. It's all about the next election.
I am terribly worried for my children and their children, assuming they have families at some point.

What's exasperating is I see a steady stream of stories about the need for "skilled workers" and no one to fill the spots. electrical installers, machinists, etc. These machinists are operating computer driven machines, and start out around, $50k. After 10 years, $75k.

I still have a feeling whoever wins the next election will regret it.

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 04:03 PM
What's exasperating is I see a steady stream of stories about the need for "skilled workers" and no one to fill the spots. electrical installers, machinists, etc. These machinists are operating computer driven machines, and start out around, $50k. After 10 years, $75k.

I still have a feeling whoever wins the next election will regret it.

We could probably fix that if we started placing more of an emphasis on trade schools and quit pretending everyone that graduates from high school is college/university material. Seems the Germans have a much better system, a three tiered system that sends the brightest students to university, and then a second tier for average to above average students on a professional-middle class track, and then a trade school equivalent.

pphilfran
7/28/2012, 04:09 PM
We could probably fix that if we started placing more of an emphasis on trade schools and quit pretending everyone that graduates from high school is college/university material. Seems the Germans have a much better system, a three tiered system that sends the brightest students to university, and then a second tier for average to above average students on a professional-middle class track, and then a trade school equivalent.

Excellent post

olevetonahill
7/28/2012, 04:39 PM
I've provided a ton of information about myself. Just not my name or my workplace. I have a permit. I'd think that most people here, if they had a permit, would be happy to say so.
See the thing is, We've had this discussion and Most of us know who does and who dont,

LiveLaughLove
7/28/2012, 04:57 PM

Totally would concur with a program such as this. But then it would get politicized. People would scream racism, demand quotas, and the whole thing would become another bureaucratic nightmare.

In theory though, I do agree. In fact, I am training my 15 year old son to do what I do for a living and not even go to college. My daughter currently in college was valedictorian of a charter school for science and mathematics. Extreme brain. Going for a wonderful career in forensics. Sadly, I don't think she will ever come close to making what her slacker brother will.

cleller
7/28/2012, 05:07 PM
Totally would concur with a program such as this. But then it would get politicized. People would scream racism, demand quotas, and the whole thing would become another bureaucratic nightmare.

Yep, you could never get away with this unless everyone looked like...Germans.

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 06:50 PM

I'm sure there'd be some of that sort of thing. But a cruel truth is better than a comfortable delusion. At least in my book.

rock on sooner
7/28/2012, 08:56 PM
Here's an argument that I haven't seen on this board...

I retired a few years back right in the middle of the downturn. My employer
(Target) told me as a mid level manager that we needed to push our existing
staff to do more because we weren't going to bring on more people. This was
at the end of a fairly successful Christmas season. We went through each
seasonal staff member with a yea or nay. We had too many yeas so we had
to cull even further. The whole plan was to do more with less, which, my contention
is, firmly entrenched in ALL of corporate America. The jist of all this is that
mgment can push existing staff to pick up the "slack" or get forced out. Trust
me when I say this is real...all across the board...at every level...in every work
environment. This is an absolute fact that is not in question. I have many
friends all over the work place that reinforce this argument.

This has been avoided at almost every level since the term "jobless recovery"
was first floated. If anyone thinks otherwise, go find an honest HR person and
that'll be confirmed.

What is most interesting that both sides have not pursued this avenue. Yep, it is
certain that companies will wait till they see what's gonna happen, with ACA, interest
rates, gov't intervention, worldwide issues....all that stuff! But to ignore the real
facts is disengenious at the minimum, duplicitious is more likely and, fact is, both
sides have their collective heads where the sun does not shine. JMHO, all based
on a long time observation.

marfacowboy
7/28/2012, 09:09 PM
Here's an argument that I haven't seen on this board...

I retired a few years back right in the middle of the downturn. My employer
(Target) told me as a mid level manager that we needed to push our existing
staff to do more because we weren't going to bring on more people. This was
at the end of a fairly successful Christmas season. We went through each
seasonal staff member with a yea or nay. We had too many yeas so we had
to cull even further. The whole plan was to do more with less, which, my contention
is, firmly entrenched in ALL of corporate America. The jist of all this is that
mgment can push existing staff to pick up the "slack" or get forced out. Trust
me when I say this is real...all across the board...at every level...in every work
environment. This is an absolute fact that is not in question. I have many
friends all over the work place that reinforce this argument.

I think most people know this type of stuff goes on, but that's just life in corporate America. Particularly for large firms, although not always in ssmaller companies.
Corporations essentially one responsibility by charter, and that's to return shareholder value. No one is going to risk their own *** and stand up and say, "this is wrong and not even justifiable from a business standpoint." They're going to toe the company line and not risk their own bonus or performance appraisal.
I've been there, and it's one of the reasons why I finally started my own firm, so I'd never have to feel powerless and forced to send someone home that had done what was asked and that needed work. I was too soft for that kinda stuff.

StoopTroup
7/28/2012, 10:39 PM
It hit me in the 80's when I was in School to get my Accounting Degree and we received a visit from the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. I even remember asking him who makes sure that all the financial transactions they did are correct and legal. He stood right there and told us all that they were a self governed entity and that they were their own watchdog, however each Reserve Bank understood the importance of getting everything correct and notifying each other when anything seemed amiss or might require an additional oversight / audit. I was told that I should never worry as there was no way anything illegal or fraudulent would ever go unoticed.

I went on to work in Corporate Accounting handling Millions every quarter. I quickly realized what a blind eye Managing Directors used to keep the VPs and Senior VPs happy. They cut audits that were accounting standards that didn't yield recoveries that justified the audits which led to them breaking the rules of accounting that had been taught for decades. The results were an increase in the bottomline for one year and within 5 years of this becoming an industry Standard....we saw Enron, CFS and Anderson all make the news and effect many people's lives negatively.

I too was glad I got out of that but I still wish that the Fed wasn't left to police itself and that there were some oversight that would push to create a standard with teeth that would send offenders to prison for life as well as stop them long before a financial disaster takes place. What has gone on with White Collar Crime in Finance and Accounting shouldn't be handled lightly or even ignored. If there is no clear criminal to send to prison then the entire staff of the Corporation or Bank should all reviece felonies and jail time and have every credential including their High School Diploma revoked permanently. Once they have completed their time they can be trained to work on interstate road crews and shovel asphalt and tar to fill roadway cracks as their probation. Once completed they can apply to go back to get a GED so they can start a new career over and pay their way through College or Trade School again. We can't continue to allow such crimes to go unpunished in a Country that prides itself on being the best at Capitalism.

Bernie Madoff should do hard time in the yard at Angola IMO.

marfacowboy
7/29/2012, 08:20 AM
Stoop....great post. I couldn't agree more.

rock on sooner
7/29/2012, 12:33 PM
Stoop, I agree with you 100%. Careful, though, talking about
more oversight and more regulation on the board...lots of resting
heartbeats and blood pressures will increase..:glee:

olevetonahill
7/29/2012, 12:37 PM
And the Lefties once again deflect the discussion
Good Jorb

rock on sooner
7/29/2012, 12:43 PM
And the Lefties once again deflect the discussion
Good Jorb

Sorry, Vet, dint mean ta wake ya...:glee:

LiveLaughLove
7/29/2012, 12:51 PM
Stoop, I agree with you 100%. Careful, though, talking about
more oversight and more regulation on the board...lots of resting
heartbeats and blood pressures will increase..:glee:

Doesn't raise mine. Libs being wrong is an every minute of every day thing.

If one came on here and said, "you know what? We are kinda messed up in our thinking."

Now THAT, would raise my BP. :)

soonercruiser
7/29/2012, 02:21 PM
I thought that we were talking about the Left's attempt to take our guns away?
:sleeping:

And, BTW, NOBODY on the left would be sitting around trying to figure out how to "get more for less"....would they?
:couple_inlove:

sooner n houston
7/29/2012, 04:29 PM
Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for some consumers.

Shortly after the Cybersecurity Act gained Senate approval to proceed to filing proposed amendments and a vote next week, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), a sponsor of the gun control amendment, came to the floor to defend the idea of implementing some “reasonable” gun control measures.

The amendment was sponsored by Democratic Sens. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Bob Menendez (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.), Schumer and Dianne Feinstein (Calif.). S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.

http://thehill.com/video/senate/240657-cybersecurity-bill-includes-gun-control-measure

rock on sooner
7/29/2012, 04:35 PM
I thought that we were talking about the Left's attempt to take our guns away?
:sleeping:

And, BTW, NOBODY on the left would be sitting around trying to figure out how to "get more for less"....would they?

We were. I posted something about job growth because earlier posts
brought it up and it sorta took the thread in a different direction...Sides
all that, it woke up Vet from his nap, so, my bad....:glee:

olevetonahill
7/29/2012, 04:39 PM
We were. I posted something about job growth because earlier posts
brought it up and it sorta took the thread in a different direction...Sides
all that, it woke up Vet from his nap, so, my bad....:glee:
And That PISSED me off sompun fierce :sleeping:

rock on sooner
7/29/2012, 04:50 PM
And That PISSED me off sompun fierce :sleeping:

I learnt my lesson, let a sleepin Vet alone and be quiet!:glee:

olevetonahill
7/29/2012, 04:53 PM
I learnt my lesson, let a sleepin Vet alone and be quiet!:glee:

rock on sooner
7/29/2012, 04:58 PM

Watch it...this ain't Brokeback Mountain...

olevetonahill
7/29/2012, 05:15 PM
Watch it...this ain't Brokeback Mountain...
My Bad, Marfas my Cowboy :afro:

marfacowboy
7/29/2012, 05:46 PM
My Bad, Marfas my Cowboy :afro:

No, I dumped you after you gave me the finger. :hypnotysed:

olevetonahill
7/29/2012, 06:05 PM
No, I dumped you after you gave me the finger. :hypnotysed:
Bitch Please, you aint got the back bone to dump anybody :glee:

marfacowboy
7/29/2012, 07:07 PM
Bitch Please, you aint got the back bone to dump anybody :glee:

I can tell you one thing. You're no match for me in any endeavor except for maybe things like ignorance and stuffing your fat face with Cheetos.

olevetonahill
7/29/2012, 07:53 PM
I can tell you one thing. You're no match for me in any endeavor except for maybe things like ignorance and stuffing your fat face with Cheetos.

Its Ok Bitch I still love you

rock on sooner
7/29/2012, 09:05 PM
Its Ok Bitch I still love you

Ladies, now keep it civil...scuse me while get nother brew...

olevetonahill
7/29/2012, 09:39 PM
Ladies, now keep it civil...scuse me while get nother brew...

It be ok, She's just havin a PMS fit .

jkjsooner
7/30/2012, 01:25 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/578829_420256088013258_359169634_n.jpg

How about this, Tipton, if you can just as easily kill with a rock then why are you so protective of your gun?

I'm not against you protecting your second amendment rights but illogical crap like this just makes me cringe.

There's a lot of things I can kill with. I can use a rock, a knife, a firearm, a thousand pounds of fertilizer, a nuclear weapon, etc. All are inanimate. Your silly picture of the rock and the Cain an Abel story could apply to all of the above yet we find it imperative to limit your access (or monitor your purchases) of mass quantities of certain types of fertilizer and we sure wouldn't allow you to possess weapon grade uranium or plutonium.

Nobody ever said a gun or a rock or a fertilizer bomb was bad and chose to kill people. Some of these things make it easier to kill and to kill a lot of people.

Again, not arguing against your second amendment rights. Just against the childish argument that this image presents.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/30/2012, 02:04 PM
I've never seen vet eatin cheetos...

My wife has a C and C...I have a C&C named Dean.

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 02:12 PM
I've never seen vet eatin cheetos...

My wife has a C and C...I have a C&C named Dean.
They make my wanger ugly assed orange when i watch the pron

Dallasbabe
7/30/2012, 02:25 PM
I love Cheeto'd wanger.

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 02:33 PM
THIS oughta be good...

Dallasbabe
7/30/2012, 02:42 PM
It always is or at least what I am told.

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 02:44 PM
I love Cheeto'd wanger.
Babe, you like any wanger dont matter the color

Dallasbabe
7/30/2012, 02:56 PM
There is one color I like better than the other.

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 03:08 PM
There is one color I like better than the other.
Okay, Vet, what does THIS havta do with Obama bein
after our guns?:glee:

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 03:14 PM
Okay, Vet, what does THIS havta do with Obama bein
after our guns?:glee:
Babes a Dem and she is after every "GUN" she can get

Dallasbabe
7/30/2012, 03:23 PM
Just unload the gun where I tell you.

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 03:26 PM
Just unload the gun where I tell you.
How many did you "UNLOAD" after the A&M game last year?

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 03:28 PM
Babes a Dem and she is after every "GUN" she can get

Now, THAT'S some spin right there...heh!

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 03:29 PM
Now, THAT'S some spin right there...heh!
Get her drunk on OVJ and you can see some "Spin" allright

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 03:33 PM
Get her drunk on OVJ and you can see some "Spin" allright

Jus guessin, mind ya, but most anyone blasted on OVJ would "Spin"
if'n it's anythin like the J I remember in southern OK when I's growin
up...local sheriff wuz the major artist in residence....

soonercruiser
7/30/2012, 03:38 PM
Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for some consumers.

Shortly after the Cybersecurity Act gained Senate approval to proceed to filing proposed amendments and a vote next week, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), a sponsor of the gun control amendment, came to the floor to defend the idea of implementing some “reasonable” gun control measures.

The amendment was sponsored by Democratic Sens. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Jack Reed (R.I.), Bob Menendez (N.J.), Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.), Schumer and Dianne Feinstein (Calif.). S.A. 2575 would make it illegal to transfer or possess large capacity feeding devices such as gun magazines, belts, feed stripes and drums of more than 10 rounds of ammunition with the exception of .22 caliber rim fire ammunition.

http://thehill.com/video/senate/240657-cybersecurity-bill-includes-gun-control-measure

Just the fact that Lautenburger, Gillibrand, Boxer, Frankenfeinstein sponsored a bill..... has got to tell you they are up to no good. What happenmed to Barney's Frank? Was he busy in the "cloaked room"?

I might be wrong....but didn't the framers of the Constitution intend for us to have guns that were equal in capability to fight an oppressive gobment?
A .22 just ain't ginna do the job!
:beaten:

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 03:38 PM
Jus guessin, mind ya, but most anyone blasted on OVJ would "Spin"
if'n it's anythin like the J I remember in southern OK when I's growin
up...local sheriff wuz the major artist in residence....
Where ya grow up?

TheHumanAlphabet
7/30/2012, 03:59 PM
We ordered a bigger "assault rifle" just in case...

By the way, those of you who aren't gun enthusiasts - please tell me the meaning of "AR" that is so famously bounced around...

P.S. I know and just want to know how many people out there are really smart on the issue...

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 04:04 PM

By the way, those of you who aren't gun enthusiasts - please tell me the meaning of "AR" that is so famously bounced around...

P.S. I know and just want to know how many people out there are really smart on the issue...
I know, I know, But I aint giving it away :stung:

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 04:06 PM
Where ya grow up?

Carter county...north of Ardmore out in the sticks, lived on an
oil lease...never did know fer sure the location of the sheriff's
"canvas"...those "artists" were kinda private...

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 04:11 PM

That would be "Armalite"

okie52
7/30/2012, 04:12 PM
Carter county...north of Ardmore out in the sticks, lived on an
oil lease...never did know fer sure the location of the sheriff's
"canvas"...those "artists" were kinda private...

Lived on an oil lease?

Springer?

Skysooner
7/30/2012, 04:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-gives-cool-welcome-bill-restricting-online-182934423.html

The White House gave a cool welcome on Monday to Democratic legislation that would effectively ban online or mail-order purchases of ammunition in the aftermath of the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater.

"I haven't seen the specific piece of legislation that has been offered up today," spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters at the daily press briefing. "But as that and other pieces of legislation make their way through the legislative process, we'll evaluate them."

The proposal, crafted by Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg and Democratic Representative Carolyn McCarthy, aims to restrict the ability of Americans to buy unlimited quantities of ammunition over the Internet, or by mail order, anonymously.

President Barack Obama has called for a common sense response to the slaughter in Aurora. But the White House has played down his appetite for new legislation as opposed to tightening or toughening existing measures—such as background checks—to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals or the mentally ill. And the president has underlined his support for the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

"He believes in the second amendment of the constitution, in the right to bear arms," Earnest said again Monday. "But he also believes that we should take robust steps, within existing law, to ensure that guns don't fall in the hands of criminals or others who shouldn't have them.

The new legislation, dubbed the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act, rests on four pillars, according to Lautenberg's office:

It requires anyone selling ammunition to be a licensed dealer.

It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to maintain records of the sale of ammunition.

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days.

Obama wants your guns? Not so much.

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 04:19 PM
Lived on an oil lease?

Springer?

Nope, there was a shallow well lease east of the little
town of Wilson, in Wheeler School district. Had a wheel
house in my back yard that controlled the rod lines to, I
think, at least six wells. Had collection tanks south of the
house...kinda noisy and smelly...lots of sterile ground where
the spills happened...

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 04:21 PM
the spills happened...

Had a guy who was my accountant back in the early 80s who was raised in Wilson
Cant member his Last name But he went bear huntin with me in 81

okie52
7/30/2012, 04:23 PM
Had a guy who was my accountant back in the early 80s who was raised in Wilson
Cant member his Last name But he went bear huntin with me in 81

Old Chuck Norris was born in or around Wilson.

okie52
7/30/2012, 04:27 PM
the spills happened...

Always thought of Wilson as being West of Ardmore.

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 08:32 PM
Always thought of Wilson as being West of Ardmore.

Okie, it's been 52 years since I was there but, I think, I-35, as it goes by
Ardmore is going west and Hwy 70, which goes north of there toward
Wilson and then to Ringling and Healdton. Wilson is west of Hwy 70
by a couple of miles...at least that's how I'd look for it if I ever went
back. I could be wrong, in which case, I'd get lost. I spose, technically,
Wilson is west of Ardmore but ya gotta go north first.

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 08:33 PM

Never heard that...too bad...terrible actor, terrific martial
artist...

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 08:42 PM

Never heard that...too bad...terrible actor, terrific martial
artist...

Wiki says he was borned in Ryan , Oklahoma, Where ever the hell that is

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 08:43 PM
Wiki says he was borned in Ryan , Oklahoma, Where ever the hell that is

Not too fer away...

AlboSooner
7/30/2012, 08:49 PM
Although he is an inept president, he is not an inept politician.

He will not mess with the guns in an election year. Maybe after he is reelected, we will see the true Obama.

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 08:49 PM
Not too fer away...
From what?

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 08:55 PM
From what?

The city triad of Wilson, Ringling and Healdton, best I can member.

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 08:56 PM
Although he is an inept president, he is not an inept politician.

He will not mess with the guns in an election year. Maybe after he is reelected, we will see the true Obama.

Hey, why you talkin bout the thread topic?:glee:

olevetonahill
7/30/2012, 08:59 PM
The city triad of Wilson, Ringling and Healdton, best I can member.
Lived and worked in Healdton fer a few months back in the early 70s, Halliburton was a hell of a job back then
Nice little town if I remember right

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 09:06 PM
Lived and worked in Healdton fer a few months back in the early 70s, Halliburton was a hell of a job back then
Nice little town if I remember right

I graduated from high school there in '63 (same high school as
Sherri Coale). Lots of well servicing outfits around there, up to
Fox and north...worked on a couple of 'em during high school
summers..roustabout stuff..pipeline, rod tailing, clean up, dirty
jobs but money was okay.

soonercruiser
7/30/2012, 09:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-gives-cool-welcome-bill-restricting-online-182934423.html

The White House gave a cool welcome on Monday to Democratic legislation that would effectively ban online or mail-order purchases of ammunition in the aftermath of the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater.

"I haven't seen the specific piece of legislation that has been offered up today," spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters at the daily press briefing. "But as that and other pieces of legislation make their way through the legislative process, we'll evaluate them."

The proposal, crafted by Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg and Democratic Representative Carolyn McCarthy, aims to restrict the ability of Americans to buy unlimited quantities of ammunition over the Internet, or by mail order, anonymously.

President Barack Obama has called for a common sense response to the slaughter in Aurora. But the White House has played down his appetite for new legislation as opposed to tightening or toughening existing measures—such as background checks—to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals or the mentally ill. And the president has underlined his support for the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

"He believes in the second amendment of the constitution, in the right to bear arms," Earnest said again Monday. "But he also believes that we should take robust steps, within existing law, to ensure that guns don't fall in the hands of criminals or others who shouldn't have them.

The new legislation, dubbed the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act, rests on four pillars, according to Lautenberg's office:

It requires anyone selling ammunition to be a licensed dealer.

It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to maintain records of the sale of ammunition.

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days.

Obama wants your guns? Not so much.

That's a really nice narrative Sky!
But, the reality is, if Obama and Hillary had their way, they WOULD TAKE OUR GUNS!
You have to attentive enough to remember all the stuff that they have said and done in the past, reference guns.

It's just not a good time for Obama to show his real colors....it's election time, you know!
Just like he told the Russians...."I'll have more flexibility after the election".
:hypnotysed:

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 09:30 PM
That's a really nice narrative Sky!
But, the reality is, if Obama and Hillary had their way, they WOULD TAKE OUR GUNS!
You have to attentive enough to remember all the stuff that they have said and done in the past, reference guns.

It's just not a good time for Obama to show his real colors....it's election time, you know!
Just like he told the Russians...."I'll have more flexibility after the election".
:hypnotysed:

Hey, Cruise, understand your thoughts but, really, those points
really ARE common sense. Don't see anything to the contrary.
Hell, 1000 rounds? C'mon...

soonercruiser
7/30/2012, 09:37 PM
Such as......and from no less than the Huffington Post!

Barack Obama And Guns: How A Vocal Advocate Went Quiet
Posted: 07/23/2012 8:17 pm Updated: 07/24/2012 11:55 am

WASHINGTON -- In the midst of his first run for national office in 1999, then-state Senator Barack Obama held a rally at the Park Manor Christian Church to draw attention to the epidemic of gun violence in his home city of Chicago.

At the time, Obama was launching a primary election challenge against Congressman Bobby Rush and it was something of a professional prerequisite that he have a hard line on guns. He chose the church because, as he noted, an 84-year-old woman had recently been killed nearby when young men invaded her home believing she had won the lottery.

"Community residents throughout the 1st Congressional District are tired of violence and death," Obama told the Chicago Independent Bulletin at the time.

Among the prescriptions Obama put forward that day, according to a Dec. 13, 1999 Chicago Defender article, were increasing penalties for the interstate transportation of firearms, increasing the federal tax on the sale of firearms, requiring federally licensed gun dealers to sell firearms in their storefront, restricting gun purchases to one a month, increasing school funding for anger management programs, banning the sale of firearms at gun shows except for "antiques," and increasing licensing fees.

It was a comprehensive platform. But it was also one that Toni Preckwinkle, the current Cook County Board pesident and former alderman who was with Obama on that day, called "typical" for a Chicago pol. "I think the violence ebbs and flows, but the concern about the abundance of handguns and now larger weapons in our community remains," Preckwinkle told The Huffington Post.

It would prove to be the high-water mark for Obama's advocacy on gun control.

Obama lost that primary. But as he won later elections and moved up the national political ranks, gun policy would become less of a focus. Part of it was a byproduct of the offices he occupied: being the young, rising politician requires deference to elder
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/barack-obama-guns_n_1696708.html

rock on sooner
7/30/2012, 09:43 PM
Not gonna argue with you...that was a long time ago
and, given what's happened lately, you gotta expect
SOME efforts to get a handle on this stuff. Has to
be a solution somewhere, not sure what it is, tho...

soonercruiser
7/30/2012, 10:04 PM
When I watch this Democratic Primary debate from 2008, I am not convinced to believe that Obama wouldn't ban hand guns.....like he justifies in CHicago!

MWajf5RkDJ8&feature=related

soonercruiser
7/30/2012, 10:12 PM
And, of course there is the classic...."how do you really feel about it Mr. Obama" .....from Pennsylvania...

Obama on small-town Pa.: Clinging to religion, guns, xenophobia
Huffpo's Mayhill Fowler has more from Obama's remarks at a San Francisco fundraiser Sunday, and they include an attempt to explain the resentment in small-town Pennsylvania that won't be appreciated by some of the people whose votes Obama's seeking:

You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.