PDA

View Full Version : Pools in Tulsa

CobraKai
7/25/2012, 08:32 PM
Has anyone ever built a pool in Tulsa area? I'm trying to decide between 3 builders (Baker, Pool Creations, and Jody Crosby) and wanted to see if anyone has had good/bad experiences with any.

Breadburner
7/26/2012, 12:42 AM
Give JP Pools a call as well.....

badger
7/26/2012, 10:19 AM
"pools in Tulsa"

reminded me how fast older community ones are closing. Really too bad, it sounds like our city's parks used to be awesome back when there was free running oil money to fund everything. Alas, that all dried up, along with the pools :(

The splash pads look hella fun though. Can't wait till baby badger is old enough to play in one :)

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 10:24 AM
Dont know a thing about those companies Do konow that IF i were gonna enter a contract to have work done I would check how long they have been in business then check with the BBB see if they have any unresolved complaints against em then ask for extensive references .

Now another posdibility is a Young company just starting out, Id want to talk to the people the New owner dude worked for in the past , Id want to talk to people whos Pools he worked on.
Some times you will get a superior product at a better price from an eager young man wanting to make his mark

CobraKai
7/26/2012, 03:09 PM
Dont know a thing about those companies Do konow that IF i were gonna enter a contract to have work done I would check how long they have been in business then check with the BBB see if they have any unresolved complaints against em then ask for extensive references .

Now another posdibility is a Young company just starting out, Id want to talk to the people the New owner dude worked for in the past , Id want to talk to people whos Pools he worked on.
Some times you will get a superior product at a better price from an eager young man wanting to make his mark

Yes. I've checked the BBB on all of these and they have A+ ratings. I actually looked at a few upstarts too. I really liked one of them, but then his bid came in higher than most of the older established builders. Baker and Crosby have 35+ years in business. Pool Creations is newer (7-8 years or so). I think if I am going to go away from the established builders I would want some sort of price break, but maybe that's not realistic.

IB4OU2
7/26/2012, 03:11 PM
We have a pool in Tulsa but I'm not sure who built it? What size are you wanting?

olevetonahill
7/26/2012, 03:14 PM
Yes. I've checked the BBB on all of these and they have A+ ratings. I actually looked at a few upstarts too. I really liked one of them, but then his bid came in higher than most of the older established builders. Baker and Crosby have 35+ years in business. Pool Creations is newer (7-8 years or so). I think if I am going to go away from the established builders I would want some sort of price break, but maybe that's not realistic.

2 ways to look at it
1 a New company prolly aint gonna have the Overhead that an established company will.
2 a New company aint gonna have the number of jobs to spread that Over head cost around to
Yea a nOOb company should give ya some break or at least some thing the others dont , Like a slide er sompun

badger
7/26/2012, 03:17 PM
Not sure if these guys (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-swimming-pool-company-in-deep-trouble-with-state-tax-commission/article/3693941) work Tulsa or just OKC, but you might wanna stay away from them.

CobraKai
7/26/2012, 08:44 PM
We have a pool in Tulsa but I'm not sure who built it? What size are you wanting?

Somewhere around 18x32 (20,000 - 25,000 gallons).

CobraKai
7/26/2012, 08:45 PM
2 ways to look at it
1 a New company prolly aint gonna have the Overhead that an established company will.
2 a New company aint gonna have the number of jobs to spread that Over head cost around to
Yea a nOOb company should give ya some break or at least some thing the others dont , Like a slide er sompun

That's kinda what I thought too. If I'm paying full price I'll go with the proven commodity.

CobraKai
7/26/2012, 08:47 PM
Not sure if these guys (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-swimming-pool-company-in-deep-trouble-with-state-tax-commission/article/3693941) work Tulsa or just OKC, but you might wanna stay away from them.

I don't think they are in Tulsa, but this kind of thing happens everywhere. 2 friends in Rulsa had this happen to them last summer when their builder went bankrupt halfway through construction.

cleller
7/27/2012, 01:07 PM
Say, shouldn't you have been having this discussion a few months ago? You could be updating us while floating around and staying cool.

CobraKai
7/28/2012, 01:50 AM
Say, shouldn't you have been having this discussion a few months ago? You could be updating us while floating around and staying cool.

No kidding. As usual my timing sucks.