PDA

View Full Version : Single game OU home football tickets

nighttrain12
7/24/2012, 09:06 PM
http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FB&linkID=ou&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

I know there is more than one way to buy a ticket to a college football game but I find it somewhat interesting that of the 6 home games we are playing this season, one of the games is not available to buy through normal channels. I'm not referring to the OSU game but the Notre Dame one. I am sure the OSU game will sell out the first day of the single game sale, but do the Fighting Irish fans really travel that well to other game sites?

soonerboy_odanorth
7/25/2012, 10:46 AM
Well first of all... yes, they travel very well because they really don't necessarily have to travel. ND fans are national. And this is a huge game for them as well, so they for sure will eat up all of their allotment.

Beyond that, your chances are even fewer because Sooners fans have been waiting since the 60's for a return game from ND. So season ticket holders, particulary of the long tenured and big donation variety, will have asked for as many extras to this game as they can get their hands on.

In short, joe blow, you are SOL. (At least at face value, unless we screw the pooch early and often this season. Then you might have a shot.)

MichiganSooner
7/25/2012, 10:50 AM
Yes, ND fans travel well. I know a few from Bartlesville who will be traveling the whole 2 hour 45 minutes to Norman. Soonerboy said it well.

badger
7/25/2012, 11:49 AM
I called ND's ticket office just for lulz on this game. They said that they are not selling tickets to the @ OU game to the public and that I should contact the OU ticket office instead. Hehe.

SOL to everyone that is not a donor or season ticket holder, basically. I even heard that Domer requested more beyond their allotment.

colleyvillesooner
7/25/2012, 02:07 PM
I called ND's ticket office just for lulz on this game. They said that they are not selling tickets to the @ OU game to the public and that I should contact the OU ticket office instead. Hehe.

SOL to everyone that is not a donor or season ticket holder, basically. I even heard that Domer requested more beyond their allotment.

They did. I don't know anyone who got em, and my parents points is usually enough to get them 2 to anything. Haven't missed yet.

Edit: Reading Phil's post ion the linked thread below, the cutoff for TCU was 324. We snuck in at 342 and got 2.

Here is the thread talking about them getting more according to someone at the sooner club:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?168643

badger
7/25/2012, 02:10 PM
People who want tickets are Steve Martin. OU/ND ticket office lady...
Z5hVMFjDAA8
And yes, NSFW.

C&CDean
7/25/2012, 03:22 PM
I've got a catlick neighbor who has never been to an OU game. All he asks me these days is "will you be able to get me some tickets to see Notre Dame?" Them catlicks are a strange bunch.