PDA

View Full Version : Arkie's John L Smith

ouwasp
7/24/2012, 12:49 PM
I like the guy. Just saw an interview with him on ESPNU. Doesn't seem like the typical blowhard SEC coach.

I've despised the pigs since the '78 Orange Bowl. And since then I've learned how most Arkie fans can't stand the Sooners, for whatever reason. That's okay with me.

So I guess I wish Coach Smith well while hoping his team stinks up the pig-sty? Doesn't seem right. I guess it'll be okay with me if they do "okay"... just don't want 'em close to the MNC.

badger
7/24/2012, 01:09 PM
So there really are one and dones in college football just like college basketball, eh?

It takes a blowhard to coach in the SEC. The nice guys get fired after not winning a national title every few years.

Scott D
7/24/2012, 01:22 PM
John L Smith is bat**** crazy, that is pretty much all anyone needs to know. He has some "classic" quotes from his time in charge at Michigan State, and of course led to the Mike Valenti radio rant.

badger
7/24/2012, 01:30 PM
the Mike Valenti radio rant.

Are you talking about pucker pucker pucker?

This one?
yWmXe1w6XBk

soonerboy_odanorth
7/24/2012, 02:32 PM
Nuttier than squirrel poo under an oak tree.

"Arkansas... Akansas... over here! Hire me... me me me! I'm a GREAT coach!"

"Plus I'm broke."

badger
7/24/2012, 03:13 PM
Nuttier than squirrel poo under an oak tree.[/SIZE]

http://www.sundriesshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/I-See-What-You-Did-There-Fry.jpg

soonerboy_odanorth
7/24/2012, 03:21 PM
Methinks this will not end well for Arkie or John L. Smith.

Good on the former. Too bad on the latter. There's a certain charm to the ol' grandfather cuckoo clock. (Kinda like Jim Wacker back in the day.)

goingoneight
7/24/2012, 07:19 PM
Isn't he the guy who slapped himself at a press conference? :D

Notice how his coaching career is so relevant, I picked THAT to reference him?

agoo758
7/25/2012, 10:44 AM
The OP IS POSTING HIS HEART OUT, AND THE MODS ARE SCREWING IT UP!!!!! :P

Scott D
7/25/2012, 04:58 PM
Are you talking about pucker pucker pucker?

This one?
yWmXe1w6XBk

indeed I am. That guy is the biggest ********* on Detroit sports radio. He's the primary reason that I don't listen to 97.1 The Ticket anymore and listen to ESPN Radio 1090 now.