PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis says that KU football is virtually the same as Notre Dame football

badger
7/24/2012, 12:08 PM
Holy sh1t, Charlie. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?Weis_Kansas_football_is_virtually_ the_same_as_Notre_Dame/54-16188)

“The Jayhawk fans, you couldn’t get any more exuberant fans than the Jayhawk fans. At the end of the day, they all want the same thing. They want to win.”

Well, now all you Domer haters can find someone else to hate that we play on an annual basis, I guess...

SoonerAtKU
7/24/2012, 12:17 PM
He's not entirely wrong, but of course a large part of why they are similar now has to do with how poor a job Weis did as the coach at ND.

badger
7/24/2012, 12:26 PM
Charlie's drivel continues here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20120724_231_0_DALLAS224211)

I was offered other jobs for a lot more money, just so you know that," Weis said. "Let's look at it from my perspective. Not so long ago, they're playing in the Orange Bowl and winning it.

I wonder if one of those jobs was keeping his Notre Dame coaching contract payout rather than return to work.

Mississippi Sooner
7/24/2012, 12:32 PM
So, did he have victory celebration practice at Notre Dame, too?

badger
7/24/2012, 12:38 PM
So, did he have victory celebration practice at Notre Dame, too?

Well, they weren't celebrating for realz those last few seasons, heh :P

Widescreen
7/24/2012, 01:39 PM
Jayhawk fans are exuberant about basketball. Weis does not coach the basketball team. He's in for a rude awakening in a few weeks.

badger
7/24/2012, 01:45 PM
Jayhawk fans are exuberant about basketball. Weis does not coach the basketball team. He's in for a rude awakening in a few weeks.

It's an elightening read on recruiting at a basketball school for football. Derp derp, these fans are capable of making loud noises in an indoor enclosed building when they are sitting so close to the playing surface... so of course they are also capable of doing the same thing in an outdoor wide open stadium sitting on their hands farther away from the playing surface.

picasso
7/24/2012, 02:20 PM
He's not entirely wrong, but of course a large part of why they are similar now has to do with how poor a job Weis did as the coach at ND.
Bwahaha!

BoulderSooner79
7/24/2012, 02:49 PM
KU needs to build a touchdown-Jesus within sight of the stadium.

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2012, 03:01 PM
If by "same as Notre Dame," he means "vast quantities of Krispy Kreme shops nearby," then yah...he's right.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/24/2012, 03:08 PM
He's not entirely wrong, but of course a large part of why they are similar now has to do with how poor a job Weis did as the coach at ND.And for that, we will always appreciate coach Charlie here in Soonerville. We(I) wish he would have been able to keep his job at the domer.

badger
7/24/2012, 03:19 PM
Charlie Weis: I know we haven't won yet this season, but I have a GREAT IDEA on how we can really, REALLY hammer those Navy Midshippies after our first victory of season. Sure, we'll pitch it as a great new tradition as part of our historic rivalry, but really, I wanna be celebrating ALL OUT and make those Midshippies endure our celebration. I'm sick of only celebrating in practice. Let's do this! LET'S MAKE EACH TEAM STAND IN FRONT OF EACH OTHER'S BAND AS THEIR ALMA MATER PLAYS!!!!!!

^^^what probably happened.^^^

Navy: 46 Notre Dame: 44 (3OT)

^^^what actually happened^^^

85sooners
7/24/2012, 04:07 PM
Fu charles

Jason White's Third Knee
7/24/2012, 07:18 PM
KU needs to build a touchdown-Jesus within sight of the stadium.

I wouldn't set my sights so high. Maybe a First Down Jesus would suffice.

SoonerMarkVA
7/24/2012, 09:30 PM

FTW.

Curly Bill
7/24/2012, 09:54 PM
Charlie is the fat kid that's just trying to make friends, in this case with the KU fans.

swardboy
7/25/2012, 05:07 AM

Heh...or Touch Down Judas

tomtom
7/25/2012, 06:33 AM
ND has always recruited better than KU and he couldn't win there.

boomersooner28
7/25/2012, 06:55 AM
Charlie Weiss = Howard Scnellenburger when it comes to spouting stupid comments.

tycat947
7/25/2012, 08:40 AM
Charlie Weis = Buffoon!

budbarrybob
7/25/2012, 04:29 PM
KU > ND. Look closely at the buffet line.

Salt City Sooner
7/25/2012, 08:49 PM
If I were a KU fan, I'd be more alarmed at the recruiting aspect of his game than his coaching. He got ND into BCS games his first 2 years there (heavy insinuation on it being w/ Willingham's players) so I have a hard time believing he's a bad coach (after all, he brings a decided schematic advantage :) ). Thing is, once his rosters started carrying a majority of the guys HE brought in, well, not so much.

SoonerMarkVA
7/25/2012, 09:40 PM
After which he said, "We're on a collision course with the National Championship; the only variable is time."

soonerboy_odanorth
7/25/2012, 10:46 PM
Finally. His failure at Notre Dame explained.

Fat-*** honky smokin' some mad crack!

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Pantscrapper2/Weirdo.jpg

SoonerBread
7/26/2012, 12:46 AM
KU more like ND, North Dakota, than Noderdame

badger
7/26/2012, 08:27 AM
KU more like ND, North Dakota, than Noderdame

Didn't North Dakota beat KU during the Turner Gillweed years?

Salt City Sooner
7/26/2012, 04:34 PM
Didn't North Dakota beat KU during the Turner Gillweed years?
It was actually North Dakota State (coached by Craig Bohl, NU's DC under Solich). Screwy thing about that one is that the very next week, KU turned around & beat #15 Georgia Tech, which was pretty much the extent of TG's Lawrence highlight film.

King Crimson
7/26/2012, 07:48 PM
It was actually North Dakota State (coached by Craig Bohl, NU's DC under Solich). Screwy thing about that one is that the very next week, KU turned around & beat #15 Georgia Tech, which was pretty much the extent of TG's Lawrence highlight film.

i remember that, weird. Colorado lost to Montana State at home in the Dan Hawkins debut game and should have beat UGA in Athens the next week. a year later, we all know the highlight of the Dan Hawkins era at Colorado.

Charlie is a dickhead stealing a paycheck from KU for a few years. he's right about one thing, they did win the Orange Bowl a few years back. Glen Mason had a top 10 team not so so long ago. you can win there. i doubt Charlie does it for some reason. he's got i win 6 games, love me written all over him.

C&CDean
7/27/2012, 08:22 AM
Charlie Weis = Mark Mangino Lite

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/27/2012, 11:04 AM
Charlie Weis = Mark Mangino Lite= 6-6 or 7-5?

badger
7/27/2012, 11:51 AM
Charlie Weis = Mark Mangino Lite

I bet they're still paying Mark off from his contract. And Turner's. So unless they've already finished paying off Mark, they're paying three monster head coaching contracts out in football. Good thing they have basketball revenue to pay for crappy football, heh

Dio
7/27/2012, 12:35 PM

I bet their wheat aggie cousins could teach them a really neato cheer for first downs...

badger
7/27/2012, 12:48 PM
I bet their wheat aggie cousins could teach them a really neato cheer for first downs...

Wheat firing!

Farmers: Nooooooo not my wheat! We're already in a drought :(:(:(

;)

BBQ Man
7/27/2012, 03:42 PM
I think Weiss sees Kansas as a safe job without a lot of pressure and when he does fail he can blame it on a bad football school, not himself. I don't usually see things that way, but people don't give him any credit any more. If he can get to a bowl game every few years at Kansas, he'll be a hero and can stay there 20 years.

SoonerNomad
7/27/2012, 04:02 PM
Saying Kansas football is virtually the same as Notre Dame football is definitely more of an indictment on the current status of the program in South Bend than it is a compliment to the Jayhawks personnel and talent.