PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Dvoracek and Teddy Lehman's radio show

badger
7/23/2012, 08:41 AM
Not in OKC. Anyone listen to their radio show? How is it?

Linky (http://newsok.com/dusty-dvoracek-teddy-lehman-are-in-a-rush/article/3694496)

mojorisen2014
7/23/2012, 08:53 AM
Not in OKC. Anyone listen to their radio show? How is it?

Linky (http://newsok.com/dusty-dvoracek-teddy-lehman-are-in-a-rush/article/3694496)

I think they are damn good.

NMSooner'80
7/23/2012, 10:13 AM
I think they are damn good.

And it's a TON better than listening to guys ramble about movies and vacations, instead of talking about OU football....

Salt City Sooner
7/23/2012, 11:52 AM
Best 3 hours of radio in that area & it's not close, IMO.

badger
7/23/2012, 01:12 PM
Anyone have a link where I can listen to it online? Thinking about checking it out now that you are all endorsing it. :)

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2012, 01:28 PM
Anyone have a link where I can listen to it online? Thinking about checking it out now that you are all endorsing it. :)

http://sportstalk1400.com/listen-live/

sooneron
7/23/2012, 02:01 PM
I just hope that Teddy doesn't say anything that pisses Dusty off! :D

badger
7/23/2012, 02:08 PM
http://sportstalk1400.com/listen-live/

It sounds like Bob Stoops is on now. And they said that Dusty and Teddy are both part of the intro video for this upcoming season :)

badger
7/23/2012, 02:11 PM
Aaron Franklin and Frank Shannon. Who can tell me who they are and why Bob just name dropped them as having good springs?

C&CDean
7/23/2012, 02:15 PM
I watch/hear them live a couple times a week. I'll say this about them: Dusty is louder than hell. All the internet girls in the offices close their doors when those guys get started. Teddy is pretty quiet. I don't really listen to what they say though.

Mississippi Sooner
7/23/2012, 02:33 PM
Aaron Franklin and Frank Shannon. Who can tell me who they are and why Bob just name dropped them as having good springs?

Young linebackers. I think there has been some talk of using Shannon at DE in the future.

cccasooner2
7/23/2012, 04:35 PM
I listen to it all the time. The best thing about it is that unlike all other sports programs I have given up on listening to, they treat those that call in with respect. I can't understand why anyone would waste their time listening to screaming monkeys that do nothing more than insist their own view is the correct one.

SoonerAtKU
7/24/2012, 11:49 AM
I listened yesterday up until they took their first call. It was brutal. There's no way they're going to be able to continue treating callers with respect if that level of caller is what they get. The guy clearly calls often, too.

I'd rather they read tweets or emails instead of having to listen to that awkward nonsense on the air. The guy asks an insanely stupid question, then Dusty and Teddy have to collect themselves for a moment before replying with a standard non-answer. Then it happens TWO MORE TIMES. Then the caller closes by saying he'll call back later in the show to talk about the Rangers. Please don't.

Sports talk radio doesn't have to be terrible, but when it is, it's the absolute worst.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/24/2012, 12:23 PM
They are on AM 1340 in OKC. I listen to them on my handy iheartradio app on the iphone. The shows a little rough at times but all in all I like listening to them. They are not screaming monkeys trying to be outrageous.

I agree with KU about local sports talk in general. I don't know why these shows don't screen calls and keep these horrible callers from getting on the air over and over.

SoonerAtKU
7/24/2012, 12:29 PM
I think the real problem is that normal, sane, well-adjusted individuals don't normally call in to local sports talk shows.

badger
7/24/2012, 12:40 PM
I think the real problem is that normal, sane, well-adjusted individuals don't normally call in to local sports talk shows.

Anyone here care to volunteer to call in to save them from taking nothing but crazy callers during their show?

Seriously now. Someone find the number and we can all take shifts. We can even write out and prepare the questions here so that you don't have to worry about drawing a blank when you go on the air. :)

There's tons to work with from the Big 12 media days. For example, Mack Brown bringing cheerleaders to his presser. WTF, Mack. And Charlie Weis saying that he had better paying offers elsewhere but chose KU. WTF, Charlie.

Seriously, if we are as fond of these guys as we claim, perhaps it's time to step up and save them form the calling doldrums. If you're stuck in traffic anyways, go ahead and give them a call. :)

Bourbon St Sooner
7/24/2012, 12:46 PM
That raises the philosophical question: How do you know you are in the sane catogory?

Maybe I just crossed the line to SO territory.

Mississippi Sooner
7/24/2012, 01:07 PM
I will say that none of the sports radio shows I've heard in Oklahoma come near the volume of stupidity that you'll hear on the Paul Finebaum Show during football season. But then, Finebaum is taking callers from throughout all of SEC country.

SoonerAtKU
7/24/2012, 01:13 PM
That raises the philosophical question: How do you know you are in the sane catogory?

Maybe I just crossed the line to SO territory.
If you're asking the question, you're good to go. Those people never even think there might be a reality in which listeners wait all day to hear the nuggets of wisdom they dispense.

cccasooner2
7/29/2012, 01:05 PM

Here are The Rush podcasts for shows you may have missed. http://sportstalk1400.podomatic.com/

SoonerorLater
7/29/2012, 04:39 PM
I hope these guys are able to hang in there ratings-wise. Though they are a little unpolished at this point the basic construct of their show is spot on. Get knowledgeable people to come on air and talk about what they know best. No ad-hominem attacks. No screaming over callers. No unwarranted interruptions. Within those constraints they need to develop more defined on-air personalities and work on the follow up questions. In an era of ubiquitous obnoxious on-air personalities these guys are a breath of fresh air.

cccasooner2
7/29/2012, 05:39 PM
There's tons to work with from the Big 12 media days. For example, Mack Brown bringing cheerleaders to his presser. WTF, Mack. And Charlie Weis saying that he had better paying offers elsewhere but chose KU. WTF, Charlie.

Seriously, if we are as fond of these guys as we claim, perhaps it's time to step up and save them form the calling doldrums. If you're stuck in traffic anyways, go ahead and give them a call. :)

Jerry Springer crowd. Reminds me of a wonderful satirical Springer cartoon where the wife dog confesses on air that she has been sniffing another dog's a$$ for the last 6 months.

8timechamps
7/29/2012, 05:57 PM
I will say that none of the sports radio shows I've heard in Oklahoma come near the volume of stupidity that you'll hear on the Paul Finebaum Show during football season. But then, Finebaum is taking callers from throughout all of SEC country.

Some of the funniest things I've ever heard have been clips from the Finebaum show. Not sure if they are still up, but if you go to the show's website, you may be able to find the archives. It just shows the complete craziness the is the heart of the SEC.