PDA

View Full Version : Fogo de Chao in Dallas???

Curly Bill
7/22/2012, 06:20 PM
Have any of you been to Fogo de Chao in Dallas/Addison or anywhere else for that matter? If so I'd like to hear what you thought about it.

For those of you just dropping in and want to know what a Fogo de Chao is, it's a Brazillian steakhouse. :biggrin:

virginiasooner
7/22/2012, 06:56 PM
It's an all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse! And not just steak, but chicken, lamb, pork. And a killer salad bar. But be prepared to drop $100 for lunch!

Curly Bill
7/22/2012, 07:50 PM
Talked to a few peeps that have been. They've all said it was awesome! I know it's somewhat costly! ;)

Anyway, my plans came together quickly so I have reservations for Saturday. I'd still welcome hearing from anyone else that's been there what their impressions are.

diverdog
7/22/2012, 08:03 PM
Talked to a few peeps that have been. They've all said it was awesome! I know it's somewhat costly! ;)

Anyway, my plans came together quickly so I have reservations for Saturday. I'd still welcome hearing from anyone else that's been there what their impressions are.

I flew on one of the missions that took Bill Clinton to the Earth Summit in Rio. They had us stage out of Brazilia since Rio did not have space for us. I ate day and night at a Brazillian steak house called Spatas. It was wonderful. When I got home I told my wife that we should go to Brazil and learn how to run one of their steak houses.....i was sort of joking. Five years after I went theses restaraunts started showing up in Miami, NYC and Dallas. Boy did I miss the boat. The cool thing about their steakhouses is that they also serve game.

trwxxa
7/22/2012, 08:16 PM
I have been to the one in Houston a couple of times, though it has been a few years.

It is a nice place with very good food, though expensive. I did not feel I got my money's worth.

Curly Bill
7/22/2012, 08:29 PM
I have been to the one in Houston a couple of times, though it has been a few years.

It is a nice place with very good food, though expensive. I did not feel I got my money's worth.

I'm sure I'll feel like this. No matter how good the food is I don't see how I can eat $50 of anything....unless I swallow a gold coin. But I've never been and it's a bit of a celebration so what the hell?!

Curly Bill
7/22/2012, 08:30 PM
I flew on one of the missions that took Bill Clinton to the Earth Summit in Rio. They had us stage out of Brazilia since Rio did not have space for us. I ate day and night at a Brazillian steak house called Spatas. It was wonderful. When I got home I told my wife that we should go to Brazil and learn how to run one of their steak houses.....i was sort of joking. Five years after I went theses restaraunts started showing up in Miami, NYC and Dallas. Boy did I miss the boat. The cool thing about their steakhouses is that they also serve game.

I don't think this one serves game? I know some of them do, but I think Fogo de Chao is beef, pork, chicken, lamb, and more beef.

Curly Bill
7/22/2012, 08:31 PM

This must be where you picked up your politics?!?! ;)

diverdog
7/22/2012, 10:07 PM
This must be where you picked up your politics?!?! ;)

Actually,I thought Clinton's White House Staff was a bunch of pricks. The trip was cool and I got to see the Amazon and rain forest.

I did support the Earth Summit and I still have a poster from the event. Brazil has great beef. The other souvenir I got was some of the swords the used to grill the meat. After 22 years I still have not used them.

When are you going there?

Skysooner
7/22/2012, 10:09 PM
Do yourself a favor and try Rafain on North Dallas Tollway about 4 miles north of Belt Line. It is less expensive and as good if not maybe better. They also have fried pineapple which is great too.

Curly Bill
7/22/2012, 10:10 PM
Actually,I thought Clinton's White House Staff was a bunch of pricks. The trip was cool and I got to see the Amazon and rain forest.

I did support the Earth Summit and I still have a poster from the event.

I'm not a Clinton fan, detested him while he was in office in fact. I think his presidency greatly added to the moral decay of the country, but after 8 years of Bush and 4 of Obammy, my hatred of all things Clinton has been tempered somewhat. And seeing the Amazon would be amazing!

Curly Bill
7/22/2012, 10:11 PM
Do yourself a favor and try Rafain on North Dallas Tollway about 4 miles north of Belt Line. It is less expensive and as good if not maybe better. They also have fried pineapple which is great too.

I'm gonna go ahead and do Fogo on Saturday, but I may look into this.

diverdog
7/22/2012, 10:13 PM
I'm not a Clinton fan, detested him while he was in office in fact. I think his presidency greatly added to the moral decay of the country, but after 8 years of Bush and 4 of Obammy, my hatred of all things Clinton has been tempered somewhat. And seeing the Amazon would be amazing!

It is a big f***ing river. Huge. I have seen both the Nile and Amazon and the Amazon was more impressive.

Curly Bill
7/22/2012, 10:17 PM

Just checked some reviews - you might be right. Their dinner is $7.50 less, so not a huge deal for a special occasion, but something to keep in mind.

Chuck Bao
7/23/2012, 12:34 AM
The key thing in these type of restaurants is to have plenty of time. And, get your fill of what you really like. Don't feel obliged to take some chicken or pork or lamb when it comes around if you really only want the beef. Also, if you like your beef a bit rare, let them slice off the well-done outside to others and bring you the more pinkish inside slices. The Brazilian style restaurant in Bangkok used to serve the best beef that I've ever tasted, anywhere in the world. No need for any steak sauce and it would offend me if anyone did with that quality of beef.

Curly Bill
7/23/2012, 12:53 AM
My plan is to try all the beef - ribeye, filet mignon, top and bottom sirloin, try the lamb, both chops and leg of lamb, and maybe try the chicken breast.

I don't have any big plans to try the ribs - beef or pork, nor the pork loin, I might try the sauage.

Once I find what I like best I plan to eat about 20 pounds of it! :biggrin:

Chuck Bao
7/23/2012, 01:10 AM
My plan is to try all the beef - ribeye, filet mignon, top and bottom sirloin, try the lamb, both chops and leg of lamb, and maybe try the chicken breast.

I don't have any big plans to try the ribs - beef or pork, nor the pork loin, I might try the sauage.

Once I find what I like best I plan to eat about 20 pounds of it! :biggrin:

Ohhhh, so you have no plan. Dude! It is all you can eat STEAK!!! And very, very good steak at that. Eat your veggies and your fried pineapple, etc. at another place and another time. Don't even think about ordering beer. A red wine if you got a date or bourbon on the rocks if you don't. You can also hydrate later.

Curly Bill
7/23/2012, 01:20 AM
Ohhhh, so you have no plan. Dude! It is all you can eat STEAK!!! And very, very good steak at that. Eat your veggies and your fried pineapple, etc. at another place and another time. Don't even think about ordering beer. A red wine if you got a date or bourbon on the rocks if you don't. You can also hydrate later.

Oh yeah, no rabbit food for me! It's straight on carnivore! And it's a celebration, not really a date. I'm taking a buddy, and his two daughters - they're both totally beautiful but about 25 years my junior!

cantwait48
7/23/2012, 12:02 PM
I went to one in Atlanta a few years back and it was horribly expensive but the meat was amazing, steak and pork was incredible. the salad bar was fancy but just leave it alone. Follow the Joey Chestnut routine for preparing for the hot dog eating contest so you can get your money's worth.

ouleaf
7/23/2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah, everyone's said it. It's definitely a special occasion type place. Definitely have to have a hefty appetite to get your money's worth, but the food is always good in my experience.

IMO a notch above their competition Texas de Brazil, but essentially the same.

ouleaf
7/23/2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah, everyone's said it. It's definitely a special occasion type place. Definitely have to have a hefty appetite to get your money's worth, but the food is always good in my experience.

IMO a notch above their competition Texas de Brazil, but essentially the same.

trwxxa
7/23/2012, 09:43 PM

^^^^This

Enjoy!

Skysooner
7/23/2012, 10:00 PM
Don't do Texas de Brazil in Dallas. It is very nearby Fogo but way below the normal standard for that restaurant. The one in Denver is great.

Curly Bill
7/23/2012, 10:08 PM
Don't do Texas de Brazil in Dallas. It is very nearby Fogo but way below the normal standard for that restaurant. The one in Denver is great.

Yeah, I saw some mentions of this place, and there were some good reviews, and some not as good, so yeah, Fogo sounded like a better option.

MsProudSooner
7/30/2012, 09:44 PM
We went there for Mother's Day this year. Yes, it's pricey, but it's very good - and they are very accommodating as well. My 2 year old grandson (I think under 5 eats free) wasn't a fan of a lot of the food. The waiter asked his mom if there was anything they could fix that he would like. At the time, he was quite fond of cooked baby carrots, sweetened with a little bit of sugar. A few minutes later, they delivered the carrots. I was impressed that they went to all that trouble.

Curly Bill
7/31/2012, 01:17 PM
Fogo was a huge hit. $243 for 4 people which isn't cheap, but definitely worth it as a special occasion dealio. Food was really good, my preference prolly being the bottom sirloin. The girls loved the rolls they bring out at first most of all -I'm like: save room for the real food! It was a great time, and seeing the Bentley pull into the parking lot as we were leaving made me feel like I was a high roller!

olevetonahill
7/31/2012, 01:20 PM
Fogo was a huge hit. $243 for 4 people which isn't cheap, but definitely worth it as a special occasion dealio. Food was really good, my preference prolly being the bottom sirloin. The girls loved the rolls they bring out at first most of all -I'm like: save room for the real food! It was a great time, and seeing the Bentley pull into the parking lot as we were leaving made me feel like I was a high roller!
Dayum, I can eat well , for a month or better on that much
Glad ya enjoyed it Bro

Curly Bill
7/31/2012, 01:27 PM
Dayum, I can eat well , for a month or better on that much
Glad ya enjoyed it Bro

I can too, but this was a special occasion. And yeah, it was a great time!

yermom
7/31/2012, 01:52 PM
never heard anything bad about that place. been meaning to go there for like 8 years now :O

Curly Bill
7/31/2012, 01:57 PM
never heard anything bad about that place. been meaning to go there for like 8 years now :O

You definitely should, at least once to see how you like it. I'll definitely go back. I've already got people I didn't take this time asking when I'm taking them? :)

olevetonahill
7/31/2012, 03:26 PM
You definitely should, at least once to see how you like it. I'll definitely go back. I've already got people I didn't take this time asking when I'm taking them? :)
So when ya takin the Posse?:glee:

Curly Bill
7/31/2012, 03:54 PM
So when ya takin the Posse?:glee:

I'm about to be pretty busy for the next 10 months, so.....say about June 2013. ;)

Curly Bill
7/31/2012, 03:54 PM
I'll pay for the food if you get the likker bill! ;)

olevetonahill
7/31/2012, 03:57 PM
I'll pay for the food if you get the likker bill! ;)
Oh ****, You gona get the better end of this deal :stung:

Curly Bill
7/31/2012, 04:01 PM
Oh ****, You gona get the better end of this deal :stung:

Yup, cause if you thought the food was expensive you shoulda seen the booze prices. If I remember correctly they had some port that was $275 a glass. Plus the standard $650 bottles of Dom Perignon.

olevetonahill
7/31/2012, 04:29 PM
Yup, cause if you thought the food was expensive you shoulda seen the booze prices. If I remember correctly they had some port that was $275 a glass. Plus the standard $650 bottles of Dom Perignon.
Hell Ill make everyone that wants to drink carry in their own Mason jar

Skysooner
8/1/2012, 01:41 PM
I usually only eat there when on the company expense account. My former supervisor took us there, and the ice wine was $35/glass for what is basically 1/2 glass of wine. It isn't even that good, but I don't like dessert wines.

Curly Bill
8/1/2012, 02:54 PM
Hey Vet! Can we get a posse expense account? I could go there more often if I was on the company dime.

Lott's Bandana
8/4/2012, 09:07 AM
I usually only eat there when on the company expense account. My former supervisor took us there, and the ice wine was $35/glass for what is basically 1/2 glass of wine. It isn't even that good, but I don't like dessert wines.

This!

It is a great place, with tasty morsels. But only if you aren't footin the bill.