PDA

View Full Version : JuCo OL Will Latu has fallen off the grid.

8timechamps
7/22/2012, 04:55 PM
Lot's of reports out there that JUCO transfer Will Latu (OT) has not completed the academic requirements to enroll at Oklahoma. Latu wasn't an essential need for the 2012 recruiting class, but was expected to be a nice bonus to the depth chart. There were a lot of questions about whether or not Latu could complete his academic requirements, and apparently those questions have been answered.

Stoops will probably make it official tomorrow at Media Day.

BoomerJ
7/23/2012, 01:12 PM
Any chance for 2013, or is that unlikely now?

Salt City Sooner
7/23/2012, 07:25 PM
He's already redshirted so I doubt he'll want to blow a year of eligibility just sitting around twiddling his thumbs if he can at all avoid it.

8timechamps
7/23/2012, 08:22 PM
The only thing Stoops would confirm today is that Latu hasn't qualified yet. It is interesting that he didn't say he wasn't going to be at OU in the fall, just that he hadn't qualified.

8timechamps
7/30/2012, 06:08 PM
It's been confirmed that Latu will not be eligible to play for the Sooners this year. Don't know whether he will greyshirt or go a different direction.

JiuJitsuSooner
8/3/2012, 05:08 PM
Heard he got accepted into Arkansas State and will finish out his career there

cccasooner2
8/3/2012, 05:29 PM
Heard he got accepted into Arkansas State and will finish out his career there

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=205564587

I don't understand the rules obviously, but why does he qualify at Arky State and not OU? I could understand it if each university had different admission standards for GPA/ACT/SAT, but is this really the case? It seems the admission standard to get into Arky State is a 98.6 deg. F body temp.

OU_Sooners75
8/3/2012, 05:56 PM
He qualifies through the ncaa because he did gain his associates degree. But his problem was he didn't make enough credits toward his degree at ou.

He made it into arky state because they accepted his credit hours.

OU is a little tougher to get into than arky state.

Its something ou could have attempted...but admissions said no because he didn't have enough credits toward his degree. Apparently compliance didn't want to take a chance with him.

OU_Sooners75
8/3/2012, 06:39 PM
Correction on my will latu post.

He didn't obtain his degree from juco but arky state accepted his credits saying they were good toward his degree.

Arky state has filed an exemption from the ncaa to make him eligible. And he will likely have to go through the clearinghouse to get eligible to play. But he was accepted to enroll at arky state.

OU_Sooners75
8/11/2012, 08:40 PM
Update on Will Latu:

OU didn't make amistake with him after all.

Although he is enrolled at Arky State, he will not be on scholarship or eligible to play this year.

The only way he can hope to play D1 now is by paying his own way at ASU and then hoping he gets the grades and classes he needs to be eligible in 2013.

OU_Sooners75
8/13/2012, 02:49 PM
Well, here is the final update for will latu...

Since he was found ineligible at arkansas state, he decided to take his services to the lower divisions.

Apparently he will be attending and playing at Abilene Christain University. ACU has put players into the NFL in the past, so his situation isn't looking bad at all. He gets to play and be on scholarship.

I genuinely hope he does well and fullfils his future goals. Good luck will latu.