PDA

View Full Version : Where's Courtney Gardner?

PalmBeachSooner
7/17/2012, 01:23 PM
Any news on his status? I know he had like 300 classes to complete this summer before he could enroll. Hadn't heard nuffin bout it in awhile and there ain't a whole lot of summer left. I have high expectations...I mean hopes...for him this coming season.

Boomer.....
7/17/2012, 01:36 PM
He's listed on the latest roster, so that's a good sign.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/okla-m-footbl-mtt.html

starclassic tama
7/17/2012, 04:51 PM
supposed to be here around the 26th or 27th..

goingoneight
7/17/2012, 05:42 PM
Is this dude really like Metoyer 2.0 (big, dominant) prospect? Makes me wonder how much different of an offense we'll see this year that Merv Johnson hinted at when he said they were changing things.

8timechamps
7/17/2012, 05:47 PM
Is this dude really like Metoyer 2.0 (big, dominant) prospect? Makes me wonder how much different of an offense we'll see this year that Merv Johnson hinted at when he said they were changing things.

For the first time since Stoops arrival in Norman, we'll have two big/talented receivers on the field at the same time. If Stills can get back to his freshman form, and Gardner/Metoyer play to their ability, we will soon forget the worries at WR.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/17/2012, 09:00 PM
Look peeps. Everyone on here is all flustered about will they or won't they when it comes to the WR. That ain't where the money gonna be boys n girls.

Dom was rushing for 5.9 a pop when he went down. People then weren't all that impressed with Finch. How I have no idea since he continued on averaging 5.5 a pop.

How many ypc did Blake Bell produce? Who has the most dominant lead blocking back who can also carry the rock in the conference? (See number 33). Who wants to face Rip and Millard coming down the pipe at them when it is 3rd and short?

Landry went to see a qb guru over Spring Break, and I thought I heard for a bit this summer. The guru that tutored Luck. Luck of the NFL pro-style passing game. To read: tons of motion and play action based off of a run-at-will offensive attack. Which probably fits Landry to a T.

We signed three big physical backs in David Smith, Damien Williams, and Alex Ross on top of Whaley-Finch-Clay.

We gonna pound the rock, folks.

8timechamps
7/17/2012, 09:02 PM
Look peeps. Everyone on here is all flustered about will they or won't they when it comes to the WR. That ain't where the money gonna be boys n girls.

Dom was rushing for 5.9 a pop when he went down. People then weren't all that impressed with Finch. How I have no idea since he continued on averaging 5.5 a pop.

How many ypg did Blake bell produce? Who has the most dominant lead blocking back who can also carry the rock in the conference? (See number 33). Who wants to face Rip and Millard coming down the pipe at them when it is 3rd and short?

Landry went to see a qb guru over Spring Break, and I thought I heard for a bit this summer. The guru that tutored Luck. Luck of the NFL pro-style passing game. To read: tons of motion and play action. Which probably fits Landry to a T.

We signed three big physical backs in David Smith, Damien Williams, and Alex Ross on top of Whaley-Finch-Clay.

I hope so. Things go so much better when we can run the ball.

IBleedCrimson
7/17/2012, 09:21 PM

How many ypc did Blake Bell produce? Who has the most dominant lead blocking back who can also carry the rock in the conference? (See number 33). Who wants to face Rip and Millard coming down the pipe at them when it is 3rd and short?

Landry went to see a qb guru over Spring Break, and I thought I heard for a bit this summer. The guru that tutored Luck. Luck of the NFL pro-style passing game. To read: tons of motion and play action based off of a run-at-will offensive attack. Which probably fits Landry to a T.

This statement makes me soooo happy!

vtsooner21
7/18/2012, 03:51 PM
OMG...I love the idea of being able to control the line of scrimmage and average around 5 ypc...OK; perhaps the passing game is more thrilling, but I'll take the smash mouth rushing attack along with the "occasional" keep 'em honest pass play. Combine this with the hopefully revamped defense and I see a very good sooner team here.
Boomer

Breadburner
7/18/2012, 03:54 PM
Defense wins championships....

rock on sooner
7/18/2012, 04:03 PM

Ima thinkin bout 52% passing and 48% running unless and until
one offense or the other asserts itself. We ALL know Stoops will
go with what works,(methinks he remembers Sugar Bowl 4th quarter
calls by Chuck Short).

cccasooner2
7/18/2012, 04:13 PM
........We gonna pound the rock, folks.

Viking Kitten once called me a giver in a post. I just gave. :)

PLaw
7/18/2012, 10:38 PM
Look peeps. Everyone on here is all flustered about will they or won't they when it comes to the WR. That ain't where the money gonna be boys n girls. We gonna pound the rock, folks.

Preach it, SOONER brother!

Reminds me of an old ball coach from the SEC that came to the BIG 8 to figure out how to win championships. I believe Stoopsie has gone down South and seen the light. Pound the rock, control the clock - takes a lot of stress off of the D.

BOOM

picasso
7/18/2012, 11:10 PM
I've seen the film of Gardner in just shorts running routes. He's a monster with speed.

setem
7/19/2012, 12:11 AM
If we get Bester and Gardner this will be a monster group! Bester might RS though.

BoomerJ
7/23/2012, 01:38 PM
Bester or Gardner. One of them is taking a final this week and then submitting everthing to the clearing house. I just can't remember which one. The transfer from Fresno State is in Norman working out and watching film, but still waiting on the word from NCAA. Would be huge for WR depth to have all three.

setem
7/23/2012, 03:25 PM
Bester or Gardner. One of them is taking a final this week and then submitting everthing to the clearing house. I just can't remember which one. The transfer from Fresno State is in Norman working out and watching film, but still waiting on the word from NCAA. Would be huge for WR depth to have all three.

Bester is waiting for the NCAA it shouldn't be much longer before they let him lose. I have a pretty good connect in the media that says Gardner is going to qualify when he finished his class this week. Saunders(Fres Transfer) put in a appeal to transfer without restriction and from what I have heard it will not be granted. So he will be out this year.

Gardner
Bester
Stills
Metoyer
Neal
Shepherd

We are gonna be just fine at WR. Also OU has Gardner listed on the roster so take that for what it is worth.

KantoSooner
7/23/2012, 04:03 PM
God Dammit! I thought Sandra Bullock had this fully locked down. I'm going to have to call her in and discipline her THOROUGHLY!

cccasooner2
7/23/2012, 04:21 PM
God Dammit! I thought Sandra Bullock had this fully locked down. I'm going to have to call her in and discipline her THOROUGHLY!

Can I help? Or if you don't want my help, can I watch?

cccasooner2
7/23/2012, 05:26 PM
Bester is waiting for the NCAA it shouldn't be much longer before they let him lose. I have a pretty good connect in the media that says Gardner is going to qualify when he finished his class this week. Saunders(Fres Transfer) put in a appeal to transfer without restriction and from what I have heard it will not be granted. So he will be out this year.

Gardner
Bester
Stills
Metoyer
Neal
Shepherd

We are gonna be just fine at WR. Also OU has Gardner listed on the roster so take that for what it is worth.

You can add Tre Walker to the list. In the PDF transcript of the Stoops interview (within the link http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/2012_big12_media_day.html), Bob raves about the guy. :D

picasso
7/23/2012, 08:28 PM
Who is this Bester cat?

8timechamps
7/23/2012, 08:42 PM
Who is this Bester cat?

JuCo transfer. Late pick up after the suspensions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-TE_IsiEGc

8timechamps
7/23/2012, 08:45 PM
You can add Tre Walker to the list. In the PDF transcript of the Stoops interview (within the link http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/2012_big12_media_day.html), Bob raves about the guy. :D

When I saw that, I went right to SoonerSports to check the roster. Got all excited that we had a new WR that nobody had mentioned. It took me awhile to realize there is no "Tre Walker".

setem
7/23/2012, 08:59 PM
When I saw that, I went right to SoonerSports to check the roster. Got all excited that we had a new WR that nobody had mentioned. It took me awhile to realize there is no "Tre Walker".

I am not sure where the dude was going with this? There is a Tre Walker at KSU...???

85sooners
7/24/2012, 12:35 PM
Pound it down their throats!!!

SoonerNomad
7/24/2012, 01:03 PM
If the Sooners are going to "pound the rock" as has been suggested in this thread, does that mean the constant "hurry up" offense will either be eliminated or seriously curtailed?

BoulderSooner79
7/24/2012, 02:46 PM
If the Sooners are going to "pound the rock" as has been suggested in this thread, does that mean the constant "hurry up" offense will either be eliminated or seriously curtailed?

I don't see why. Many of the plays in a hurry-up series are running plays - at least they were under KW. It's tough to run hurry-up with pass plays because the receivers will get gassed real quick if they get downfield any distance and the pass is incomplete. Note I am not equating no-huddle with hurry-up.

8timechamps
7/28/2012, 10:09 PM
Courtney Gardner is showing up on the Soonersports.com roster. I am assuming that means he's at OU and enrolled. Anyone know anything?

LINK (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gardner_courtney00.html)

BoomerJ
7/30/2012, 12:17 PM
Still no word. We can't go by the Soonersports roster just yet. I believe Gary Simon is listed as well as Latu. Latu is out and we're still not sure about Simon.

PalmBeachSooner
7/30/2012, 12:36 PM
As of last week he was waiting on his grades. Until then he can't submit his transcripts to OU. He shouldn't have to go throught the clearing house, which is a good thing. If everything is hunky-dory with his transcripts he could be here this week.

prrriiide
7/30/2012, 01:51 PM
He was on Campus Corner earlier. He was wearing a red and white striped touk like this:

http://pictureimage.brinkster.net/imagegenerator/props/thumbs/hat-wheres-waldo.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
7/30/2012, 02:06 PM
I'll post it in this thread also..

How do you have trouble getting through a juco and it makes me doubt their ability to make it at OU if the community school is too much.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/30/2012, 02:29 PM
(@johnehoover): Courtney Gardner will grayshirt & be at OU in January

BoulderSooner79
7/30/2012, 04:06 PM

How do you have trouble getting through a juco and it makes me doubt their ability to make it at OU if the community school is too much.

Makes me wonder if Stoops took a chance on Gartner that he normally wouldn't given all the suspensions at WR.

PMKMDJ
7/30/2012, 05:52 PM

Mandatory study halls and tutors, if you fail at a big time football school you almost have to purposely fail.

8timechamps
7/30/2012, 06:07 PM
(@johnehoover): Courtney Gardner will grayshirt & be at OU in January

This seems to be the current thought on Gardner. However, (per Jake Trotter) nothing has been made official from the coaching staff or Gardner himself.

I'm thinking it's time to close the book on Gardner for this year.

Eielson
7/30/2012, 08:36 PM

If he's good enough, I'm sure we can pull some strings once we get him on campus. We've have some really, really dumb football players.

goingoneight
7/30/2012, 09:39 PM
Everybody has dumb football players. It's the lazy ones who won't do a little class work to remain eligible who run into these issues.

MichiganSooner
7/31/2012, 08:31 AM
Per the Tuesday Tulsa World, Gardner will not be joining the Sooners in Fall of 2012.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20120731_92_B5_Junior959652

picasso
7/31/2012, 01:25 PM
Lazy.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/31/2012, 01:33 PM
Bingo, the excuses I've heard about it today...It all points to ^.

8timechamps
7/31/2012, 06:04 PM
STEP really does bring up a good point (don't get a big head Mr. Laxative), if you struggle with academics at a JuCo, how the hell are you prepared for a 4 year institution?

Either these guys really don't understand the opportunity in front of them, or don't really care. Unfortunately, most of these guys (like Gardner and Latu) have gotten this far only on their athletic abilities. Probably never really passed a class in high school without some kind of assistance.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/1/2012, 10:11 AM
I guess it makes me think a little of ronnell lewis..

He was down to the last second to get eligible for the 2011 season..I told someone then get ready, this is his last year..He'll go NFL, because if he struggled that much this year, he isn't coming back..Him leaving early had equal parts of wanting to get paid and the inability to handle school work.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/1/2012, 10:12 AM
STEP really does bring up a good point (don't get a big head Mr. Laxative), if you struggle with academics at a JuCo, how the hell are you prepared for a 4 year institution?

Either these guys really don't understand the opportunity in front of them, or don't really care. Unfortunately, most of these guys (like Gardner and Latu) have gotten this far only on their athletic abilities. Probably never really passed a class in high school without some kind of assistance.

My head is already the ginormous.

SoonerDood
8/1/2012, 11:24 AM
Good job, Norvell. Can you recruit a stud receiver who will be eligible for his first season, please?

cccasooner2
8/1/2012, 11:41 AM
Previous articles on Gardner suggested his main problem was with math courses, he does fine with other classes. He may eventually do fine with grades but be prepared for a low Wonderlic that seems to emphasize arithmetic type of skills.

NormanPride
8/1/2012, 12:20 PM
I was utterly shocked that he was eligible for the bowl game.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2012, 12:04 PM

Yeah man...

Curly Bill
11/7/2012, 12:48 PM
Good job, Norvell. Can you recruit a stud receiver who will be eligible for his first season, please?

Sterling Shepard?

StoopTroup
11/7/2012, 01:29 PM
Did Jay actually get Shepard and notice...Saunders, in 4 games, has nearly what Shepard has amassed in 8 games. Sterling has had a few nice moments but he's dropped a lot of passes that stalled drives.

My point?

Your giving Jay Norvell credit for a kid who is about to become 4th in our WR lineup?

Widescreen
11/7/2012, 06:12 PM
So you're saying a Junior might be better than a Freshman. Who ever heard of such a thing!?!

Breadburner
11/7/2012, 08:03 PM
Did Jay actually get Shepard and notice...Saunders, in 4 games, has nearly what Shepard has amassed in 8 games. Sterling has had a few nice moments but he's dropped a lot of passes that stalled drives.

My point?

Your giving Jay Norvell credit for a kid who is about to become 4th in our WR lineup?

You are brain dead.....

CatfishSooner
11/7/2012, 11:23 PM

My point?

that's re-tard...