PDA

View Full Version : What will be the Congressional outcome of the November election?

badger
7/16/2012, 04:34 PM
Three days of anonymous voting. You cannot change your vote once cast.

badger
7/16/2012, 04:38 PM
I'm thinking status quo - Democrats control the Senate, Republicans control the House.

KantoSooner
7/16/2012, 04:39 PM
yup.

rock on sooner
7/17/2012, 01:44 PM
I'm thinking status quo - Democrats control the Senate, Republicans control the House.

You're right, I think. But I think that Dems will pick up a few seats in
the House and might lose a seat in the Senate, sooooo the gubment
will stay at loggerhead deadlock for the forseeable future, UNLESS,
If Obama wins by more than a few points.

KantoSooner
7/17/2012, 01:49 PM
I doubt if it's more than a 3-to-4% margin either way. And that, friends and neighbors, makes a relatively small number of precincts in a relatively small number of states veeeeerrrrrry important.
So, who's got the better researchers and vote counters? Romney will have more money, but not so much that he can blanket every market to the point of monopoly. Whoever guesses right on where to spend his time and money will take this one.

Unless of course outside events intrude and throw the whole thing one way or the other. And that could easily happen.

pphilfran
7/17/2012, 02:15 PM
I know it won't happen but I want a vote the incumbent down type election...House to Dems and Senate to Repubs...

badger
7/17/2012, 02:37 PM
I know it won't happen but I want a vote the incumbent down type election...House to Dems and Senate to Repubs...

Hey, I dunno about the rest of you, but my incumbent House representative got voted OUT IN THE PRIMARY!

Yes, referring to none other than 12-termie John Sullivan of Oklahoma's Congressional District 1. He'll likely get replaced by the Republican that defeated him in the primary, Frankenstein. Wait, sorry, that should read BRIDENstein. My bad.

Our state senators (Inhofe and Coburn) and not up for re-election (Coburn in 2014, Inhofe in just re-elected in 2010) so that's moot.

soonercoop1
7/17/2012, 06:03 PM

Dems had 2 years with a super majority (a complete disaster for America).... time to let the 'Pubs have their chance to fix things with a super majority....obviously the Dems will only make things much worse...Dems will lose too much of their power if they did the "right" thing....they would rather destroy the country instead...

AlboSooner
7/18/2012, 08:17 PM
I can't see how the Dems can hold the Senate.

rock on sooner
7/18/2012, 08:27 PM
Dems had 2 years with a super majority (a complete disaster for America).... time to let the 'Pubs have their chance to fix things with a super majority....obviously the Dems will only make things much worse...Dems will lose too much of their power if they did the "right" thing....they would rather destroy the country instead...

I think everyone overlooks the parliamentarian procedures the Pubs do
now and the Dems will do when/if they're in the minority. All this does
is screw the country in the name of party politics and it sucks. All these
smartasses do is posture themselves for reelection. It is too bad that
there isn't a way to erase the slate and put a complete and fresh view
in place...even the ones I like and I think do a good job need to go. Yup,
we'd stumble for a while but, in the long run, we'll be better for it. JMO...

landrun
7/18/2012, 08:38 PM
.... Romney will have more money, .....

I keep hearing democrats whine about this but it is absolutely false right now.
The democrats out raised the repubs in the last several election cycles.
Obama has out spent Romney every month so far and has a huge lead in cash right now.

The dems always say that. But it is never true. I guess I'll just believe that when I see it.

landrun
7/18/2012, 08:39 PM
btw, my prediction... Dems keep Senate, Repubs keep house... and Obama is re-elected.

pphilfran
7/18/2012, 08:43 PM
btw, my prediction... Dems keep Senate, Repubs keep house... and Obama is re-elected.

At the current time I am a lean that way...

Poor Obama...he is only going to have a billion or so to spend....

I think the pubs are beating the hell out of the dems in the superpac money race...