PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna get the tax cut extended?

badger
7/16/2012, 03:02 PM
It looks like there are three options at this point:

Dems option: Tax cut continues for everyone but the wealthiest

Reps option: Tax cut continues for everyone

Stalemate: The tax cuts expire

Please vote. And read this for some background (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=335&articleid=20120716_335_0_WSIGOh257041) too if you want.

PS: Just like my football offseason polls, votes are anonymous. You cannot change your vote once it is cast due to system functionality.

badger
7/16/2012, 03:06 PM
I personally think that because this is an election year, we are looking at absolutely no solution. Democrats don't want to give Republicans a "win" to use on the campaign trail, and vise versa.

Embrace yourself for higher taxes...

rock on sooner
7/16/2012, 03:23 PM
I personally think that because this is an election year, we are looking at absolutely no solution. Democrats don't want to give Republicans a "win" to use on the campaign trail, and vise versa.

Embrace yourself for higher taxes...

All depends on who wins November 6! Gonna be lotsa stuff back n forth then...

SanJoaquinSooner
7/16/2012, 03:28 PM
All depends on who wins November 6! Gonna be lotsa stuff back n forth then...

Yes, nothing will happen until after the election. Depends who wins.

pphilfran
7/16/2012, 03:30 PM
Won't happen..

Sooner5030
7/16/2012, 03:48 PM
wont happen....neither side will give in when their odds may increase post election......even with a lame duck session.

rock on sooner
7/16/2012, 03:52 PM
wont happen....neither side will give in when their odds may increase post election......even with a lame duck session.

Not sure how much more heat this knucklehead congress can handle...
last poll I saw Congress approval was 9%...NINE!:disgust:

Sooner5030
7/16/2012, 03:58 PM
Not sure how much more heat this knucklehead congress can handle...
last poll I saw Congress approval was 9%...NINE!:disgust:

That's a little misleading as I'd bet no individual congress person has that low of an approval rating in their district. I also think there is some inherent design that makes it difficult to get legislation out of committee, passed on the floor and worked with the other house to send to the prez. It limits what they can screw up.

badger
7/16/2012, 04:33 PM
Yes, nothing will happen until after the election. Depends who wins.

Will they have time to get this done before the deadline? If Obama is still president it doesn't really matter, but if Romney wins, he wouldn't take office till the new year.

Congress takes office before then if I recall correctly. Would the new Congress really be able to get to work immediately and get legislation passed?

Yes, yes, I know --- depends on the election outcome. Perhaps I should have made that the poll question.

HEY! Why not?

TheHumanAlphabet
7/17/2012, 09:58 AM
My guess is the Dims will screw me and many other Americans and go for the cliff...

landrun
7/18/2012, 08:42 PM
Well, if Obama isn't willing to stop the tax increase (the extension of the tax 'cut') then he's broke his pledge (again) and raised taxes on the middle class.