PDA

View Full Version : Logan's Roadhouse

C&CDean
7/16/2012, 11:33 AM
I'm driving in Alabama Saturday, and I pull into a Courtyard to get a room. It's raining like a 3-****ed cow pissing on a flat rock. There's a Logan's Roadhouse right in the parking lot of the hotel, so I think "why not?"

Biggest ****ing mistake I've made in a loooong time when it comes to food choices. I ordered a rare ribeye with mushrooms and blue cheese. After about 45-minutes, the bartender brings me this steak that is ice cold. I try to cut it, and I could not get the knife through one end of the steak. The other end was almost as bad, but I tried a bite anyhow. I had to spit it out in a napkin. It was bubblegum beef. The more I chewed, the bigger it got. Well-done gristle. Nasty.

I tell the chick "just get me a hamburger." She goes "ok, sorry, I'll make sure it's hot."

About another 45-minutes goes by and she brings me a hamburger. She goes "guarantee it's hot." She was talking about the fries, not the burger. Yes, I had piping hot french fries that were almost too hot to eat, and a cold, greasy, nasty hamburger. I couldn't even eat half of it.

My meal cost me $18, and I wasn't even full. Perhaps instead of worrying if the peanut buckets are full they oughta spend more time training their cooks/wait staff. Logan's Roadhouse is off the list forevermore.

mojorisen2014
7/16/2012, 12:07 PM
Logans. The McDonalds of the steak industry.

badger
7/16/2012, 12:33 PM
Consumer Reports recently did a review on restaurants and one of the biggest complaints on Logan's as I recall off the top of my head was that it was "dirty."

Well duh. There's peanut shells everywhere for a reason. Then again, that's probably just an excuse to allow dirt to fester.

If I ever open a restaurant, I'll have peanut shells on the floor (so I don't have to clean), self-grilling stations (so I don't have to cook) and self-serving stations so I don't have to pay a wait staff. The kiosks that you swipe your credit cards at the front of the restaurant will ensure that you don't still our restaurant due to having bad food. So that you keep coming back, I'll have the biggest giganta-screen television with the game on so that you are too distracted to notice was a cesspool you are dining in.

Bribes to the health department ought to be cheaper than actually giving people a sanity eating establishment.

PS: If anyone knows of any such place, please inform the board. I just made all that sh!t up off the top of my head. Except the peanut-on-floor thing of course.

GDC
7/16/2012, 05:44 PM
This is why I avoid chain restaurants as much as I can.

Boomer.....
7/17/2012, 07:14 AM
Not a big fan either. The rolls and cinnamon butter are legit though.

Hot Rod
7/17/2012, 07:39 AM
Not cool, after the wait on both of those items, I would've demanded having not to pay anything for wasting my time.

olevetonahill
7/17/2012, 07:44 AM
Not cool, after the wait on both of those items, I would've demanded having not to pay anything for wasting my time.
I dayum sho wouldnt have left a tip. if the yainch cant make sure to check on ya the second time and make sure everything is perfect then **** her and not in the fun way.

sooneron
7/17/2012, 09:57 AM
I thought this was about that bar on Campus Corner ( a place that I would NEVER picture :dean: ). Last time I was there, I swear I was slipped a roofy that was meant for one of my little sister's friends!

soonerinabilene
7/17/2012, 07:28 PM
The only time I went to one, I got the chicken fried steak. It was one of those frozen circle patties from the school cafeteria. Never been back.

Texas Roadhouse >>>>>>>>>Ryans>>>>>>>>Logans

rock on sooner
7/17/2012, 08:52 PM
Consumer Reports recently did a review on restaurants and one of the biggest complaints on Logan's as I recall off the top of my head was that it was "dirty."

Well duh. There's peanut shells everywhere for a reason. Then again, that's probably just an excuse to allow dirt to fester.

If I ever open a restaurant, I'll have peanut shells on the floor (so I don't have to clean), self-grilling stations (so I don't have to cook) and self-serving stations so I don't have to pay a wait staff. The kiosks that you swipe your credit cards at the front of the restaurant will ensure that you don't still our restaurant due to having bad food. So that you keep coming back, I'll have the biggest giganta-screen television with the game on so that you are too distracted to notice was a cesspool you are dining in.

Bribes to the health department ought to be cheaper than actually giving people a sanity eating establishment.

PS: If anyone knows of any such place, please inform the board. I just made all that sh!t up off the top of my head. Except the peanut-on-floor thing of course.

Never been to a Logan's or the like but in Kansas City's warehouse district
years ago, there were several establishments that featured peanut shells
on the floor and "meat on the hoof"...ah, the young crazy days.....:D

Chuck Bao
7/18/2012, 12:00 AM
There is a Logan's next to the Harley Davidson shop in Sherman. If I remember correctly, Curly Bill and I had lunch there several years ago and the food wasn't bad at all. Maybe it is a location thing and a steak house in Sherman needs to keep standards high to maintain repeat customers. Judging from the number of customers there, I guess that that is true.

Curly Bill
7/18/2012, 12:41 AM
There is a Logan's next to the Harley Davidson shop in Sherman. If I remember correctly, Curly Bill and I had lunch there several years ago and the food wasn't bad at all. Maybe it is a location thing and a steak house in Sherman needs to keep standards high to maintain repeat customers. Judging from the number of customers there, I guess that that is true.

I think I've only been back in there once since then, and yeah I'd say it was good. Ate at the Cheddars right there by it a coupla weeks ago - that wasn't especially good.

WILBURJIM
7/18/2012, 05:55 PM
Logan's is the only restaurant in 30+ years of dining out, that brought me my meal before the salad. I love the smell as I drive by but, have to remind myself their service sucks.

setem
7/22/2012, 11:19 PM
The wife and I have been thinking about going there and now I know!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!

colleyvillesooner
7/23/2012, 02:04 PM
I like it, but I get the same thing everything. Grilled chicken with peppercorn sauce.

kbsooner21
7/23/2012, 02:20 PM
Logan's sucks balls

CatfishSooner
7/24/2012, 05:01 PM
Logan's sucks balls

I agree...