XingTheRubicon
7/11/2012, 05:51 PM
anyone watching?

soonercruiser
7/11/2012, 10:36 PM
Apparently NOT !!

SicEmBaylor
7/11/2012, 10:44 PM
Too preachy even by Aaron Sorkin standards, and I usually love his work.

IBleedCrimson
7/11/2012, 11:12 PM
Couldn't make it past episode 2. Its snarky. Feels like a platform for sorkin's personal political diatribes. I don't need anyone to give me another liberal perspective on BP's oil spill or Arizona's immigration laws. I have my own opinions on those. I watch TV to be entertained, not get politics rammed down my throat from a ::shocked face:: lefty screenwriter/playwright.

rock on sooner
7/12/2012, 08:09 AM
Don't have HBO so don't watch it...

XingTheRubicon
7/12/2012, 09:29 AM
The co anchor chick (Munn?) is from Oklahoma.

Yeah, as far as the show goes...I love how the lead anchor is a Republican, but somehow he seems to loathe all elected Republicans. The 2 anchors pretending to desperately explain the debt ceiling to a newly elected Tea Party congressman pretty much describes the show. If only the media had time to educate everyone (ie: conservatives) on spending issues.

XingTheRubicon
7/12/2012, 09:30 AM
Couldn't make it past episode 2. Its snarky. Feels like a platform for sorkin's personal political diatribes. I don't need anyone to give me another liberal perspective on BP's oil spill or Arizona's immigration laws. I have my own opinions on those. I watch TV to be entertained, not get politics rammed down my throat from a ::shocked face:: lefty screenwriter/playwright.

Watch episode 3...bring a vomit bag

XingTheRubicon
7/12/2012, 03:01 PM
One great line in episode 3 (there are a lot of great lines, btw)

Scorned chick: "Here's a warning; these hot as hell women are all over you, only because of your wealth and fame."

Famous TV guy: "That statement should come with balloons, not a warning."

8timechamps
7/12/2012, 07:19 PM
Haven't watched the third episode yet, but so far it's not too bad. Lot's of set up in the first couple of episodes (which gets a little tiresome), but I'll probably give it a full season. I usually watch one HBO series with regularity, but haven't really picked a new one since Big Love (which wasn't great, but I got into it and finished it out).

Speaking of HBO series, did anyone else watch Summer Heights High? I thought that was really funny, but it didn't last long.