PDA

View Full Version : NAACP boos Romney

badger
7/11/2012, 02:28 PM
Some of the stuff he was quoted as saying really took balls to say in front of that audience.

yXsD6ZBDvwU

95 percent of black voters reportedly voted for Obama in 2008. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=335&articleid=20120711_335_0_HOUSTO824552) I would not be surprised if just as many, as a percentage, voted for him again in 2012. The difference is that I don't think as many will turn out to vote.

I was really happy to be voting alongside first-time voters in 2008, asking poll volunteers questions, bringing their voter registration cards (who else besides first-time voters do that? hehe) and actually having to stand in a little line to be able to vote for the only time since I've moved to Tulsa.

But I'm being realistic here: They aren't going to show up in November like they did in 2008. Now that the new car smell has worn off of voting for the first black president (or half-black, whatever who cares), will they turn up again, especially in a red-red-red state like Oklahoma?

Midtowner
7/11/2012, 02:47 PM
At the end, did they really have organ music???

lexsooner
7/11/2012, 02:47 PM
Did he say "Thank you for inviting me, you descendents of Cain!"

Position Limit
7/11/2012, 02:50 PM
Some of the stuff he was quoted as saying really took balls to say in front of that audience.

yXsD6ZBDvwU

95 percent of black voters reportedly voted for Obama in 2008. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=335&articleid=20120711_335_0_HOUSTO824552) I would not be surprised if just as many, as a percentage, voted for him again in 2012. The difference is that I don't think as many will turn out to vote.

But I'm being realistic here: They aren't going to show up in November like they did in 2008. Now that the new car smell has worn off of voting for the first black president (or half-black, whatever who cares), will they turn up again, especially in a red-red-red state like Oklahoma?

it wont matter. this guy is getting figured out too quick. empty suit full of platitudes. he will get called out non-stop. what is it with cubical working republican voters that have a fixation for well conncted rich kids? i thought they all bought into the hollywood underdog status? i pray for a very nasty election. this guy will give blacks even more motivation to show up in nov.

badger
7/11/2012, 02:56 PM
At the end, did they really have organ music???

Not sure if it was the end or not, perhaps that's the new cane to force acts off the stage --- blaring an organ? :D

Did he say "Thank you for inviting me, you descendents of Cain!"

Maybe, but what I was referring to was the fact that he said that they were looking at the guy who would serve the best interests of African-Americans.

this guy will give blacks even more motivation to show up in nov.
Just curious... has any presidential election ever been decided by certain voters not showing up? I've heard front runners worry about this, but I don't think I've ever heard it causing far and away the favorite candidate to lose.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/11/2012, 03:00 PM
Where all de white wimmen at?

dwarthog
7/11/2012, 03:26 PM
it wont matter. this guy is getting figured out too quick. empty suit full of platitudes. he will get called out non-stop. what is it with cubical working republican voters that have a fixation for well conncted rich kids? i thought they all bought into the hollywood underdog status? i pray for a very nasty election. this guy will give blacks even more motivation to show up in nov.

Of course Romney is getting vetted, as opposed to the "press" even bothering to read/investigate any of Barry's narcissistic "composite" constructions in his self stylized autobiographies. Hell it took them three years to even figure out he enjoyed a fine meal of rover along the way.

Position Limit
7/11/2012, 04:23 PM
Of course Romney is getting vetted, as opposed to the "press" even bothering to read/investigate any of Barry's narcissistic "composite" constructions in his self stylized autobiographies. Hell it took them three years to even figure out he enjoyed a fine meal of rover along the way.

you clowns are always clinging to the ol boogeymen. youre like the guy who blames a loss on the refs after your team gets stomped. the good ol liberal media excuse. trust me chief, media wont have to do much with romney getting monkey stomped. he will be the gift that keeps on giving. but you stick to your boogeyman excuse. by the way, after crying about the media for the last 25 years, why dont you smart republican businessmen do something about it? oh yeah you cant because it's bulls**t. you've just been duped all these years into gulping down that excuse. good luck though.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/11/2012, 04:32 PM
It looks like somebody needs a hug.

cleller
7/11/2012, 04:49 PM
I'm sure the NAACP leaders all showed up with an open heart, mind, and hand.

dwarthog
7/11/2012, 05:01 PM
you clowns are always clinging to the ol boogeymen. youre like the guy who blames a loss on the refs after your team gets stomped. the good ol liberal media excuse. trust me chief, media wont have to do much with romney getting monkey stomped. he will be the gift that keeps on giving. but you stick to your boogeyman excuse. by the way, after crying about the media for the last 25 years, why dont you smart republican businessmen do something about it? oh yeah you cant because it's bulls**t. you've just been duped all these years into gulping down that excuse. good luck though.

Bogey man?

Well "you clowns" display a distinct predilection for swallowing hook, line and sinker the fictional stories thrown out by every huckster that comes down the pike.

So "chief" continue to believe in unicorns and little pink fairies, it'll keep you warm while in the soup line after your boy gets done augering whats left of the economy into the dirt.

badger
7/11/2012, 05:07 PM
youre like the guy who blames a loss on the refs

Is it a bannable offense to post this photo?
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5773/allenpatrickwh8.jpg

Is it bannable to curse repeatedly for seeing that photo again for the first time in... oh, probably a year at least?

No? Ok then.

F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***! F***!

Sooner5030
7/11/2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.dol.gov/_sec/media/reports/asianlaborforce/images/1.jpg

If I was Romney I would have brought this UE chart and placed it next to the podium and offered them some free advice. Instead of relying on the political system to magically improve the metrics of your demographic why don't take a look at what is working for the other demographics. Whatever you are currently doing is not working.....so don't boo me.....you're the one that sucks.

okie52
7/11/2012, 05:47 PM
It looks like somebody needs a hug.

LOL.

He seems very upset.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/11/2012, 05:51 PM
You stay classy, NAALCP!

I bet Position Limit would build a monorail!

cleller
7/11/2012, 06:17 PM
To be fair Mitt didn't have a chance. Being the challenger, he is not able to show up with a steamer trunk full of taxpayer money.

Position Limit
7/11/2012, 06:40 PM
You stay classy, NAALCP!

I bet Position Limit would build a monorail!

yes i would build it with your "hard earned" money. i would build it for the sole benefit of the "welfare queens", "anchor babies" "illegal immigrants" the "queers" and everybody else that gives you so much teen angst. i would tax your 45k w2 earning azz to the gills. the monorail would be driven by both ken kesey and k.c. jones. in other words you would not want to be on that trip. youre not mentally ready. and way to insecure. it would be powered by solar panels provided by solyndra. it would be painted tie-dye. and all of you overachieving "50%ers" who carry the "tax burden" will enjoy hot dogs on the cul de sac. yes monorail. is this what you had in mind? your turn....

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2012, 06:48 PM
In other news...the KKK boo'd Obama today.

olevetonahill
7/11/2012, 07:05 PM

Thats Racist, Why you wanta call Obammy a Monkey?

cleller
7/11/2012, 07:47 PM
yes i would build it with your "hard earned" money. i would build it for the sole benefit of the "welfare queens", "anchor babies" "illegal immigrants" the "queers" and everybody else that gives you so much teen angst. i would tax your 45k w2 earning azz to the gills. the monorail would be driven by both ken kesey and k.c. jones. in other words you would not want to be on that trip. youre not mentally ready. and way to insecure. it would be powered by solar panels provided by solyndra. it would be painted tie-dye. and all of you overachieving "50%ers" who carry the "tax burden" will enjoy hot dogs on the cul de sac. yes monorail. is this what you had in mind? your turn....

What a productive bunch. The way to heaven for democrats: load up your welfare queens.

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/cs6000/Ken-Kesey.jpg

okie52
7/11/2012, 08:28 PM

Going full tard is a cry for help.

1-800-SUICIDE

rock on sooner
7/11/2012, 08:40 PM

Holy crap! Not sure of this but who let PL avoid his meds?
Ima left of center but aint sure WTF is goin' on here.....

olevetonahill
7/11/2012, 08:48 PM
Holy crap! Not sure of this but who let PL avoid his meds?
Ima left of center but aint sure WTF is goin' on here.....
You an fer the Most Part Diver are the 2 sanest Lefties here.

marfacowboy
7/11/2012, 09:03 PM
You an fer the Most Part Diver are the 2 sanest Lefties here.

And you and I had come so far together. This is a low blow (no puns intended).

olevetonahill
7/11/2012, 09:20 PM
And you and I had come so far together. This is a low blow (no puns intended).
But you are my favoritest little CS

marfacowboy
7/11/2012, 09:56 PM
But you are my favoritest little CS

Even though you think I'm insane and prolly ignerent? Touching....

olevetonahill
7/11/2012, 09:57 PM
Even though you think I'm insane and prolly ignerent? Touching....

But ya gots a Purty Mouf.

soonercruiser
7/11/2012, 10:16 PM

Sounds like a perfect "fit" - description of Obama there PL!
The fact that "you pray for a very nasty election" says it all!

I wonder if Obama would have the ball* to....let's say show up at an NRA Convention, be a guest at a USCCB Meeting, or even show up for questioning on a FOX program??? NO! That would take a real man!

soonercruiser
7/11/2012, 10:30 PM

People like YOU really take the cake!
The HYPOCRISY CAKE that is! Tell everyone else they are idiots and have no right to their opinions, let alone the truth that hurts.

**Point of order....the Drive-by Media is in the tank for Obama!
PROOF - FACT! Nearly every single program moderator/host or liberal guest on talk shows on the major networks and all the liberal cable channels....echoed the very same words and language over this past weekend accusing Romney of having secret bank accounts, and why he should not disclose more than one year's tax records!
NEARLY EVERY ONE!

DUH! HYPOCRISY!
First of all it is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that the WH...probably Axlebrain...is feeding talking points for a coordinated charcater attacks, on all the networks, at the same time, to saturate the airwaves with LIES!(YOU must be getting them too - you post them!)
The continued LW attack plan is to repeat lies far and wide, and repeat them enough to brainwash the uneducated and unthinking masses.

Has Obama release his grade transcripts yet?
Why did Obama claim Executive Priviledge over Operation Fast & Furious e-mails? Protecting himself; or who?
Who in the WH is leaking states secrets for politican gain?
We got any of those answers yet!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/hypocrisy.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
7/12/2012, 12:57 AM
Damn PL, who pissed in your Post Toasties?

sappstuf
7/12/2012, 05:00 AM
Romney was correct in giving the speech to the NAACP even when he knew it would be a hostile crowd. He didn't just get booed.. In the end, he received a standing ovation from them. They are not going to vote for him, but maybe he made them think a little.

This is a good segment of the speech:

If equal opportunity in America were an accomplished fact, black families could send their sons and daughters to public schools that truly offer the hope of a better life. Instead, for generations, the African-American community has been waiting and waiting for that promise to be kept. Today, black children are 17 percent of students nationwide – but they are 42 percent of the students in our worst-performing schools.

Our society sends them into mediocre schools and expects them to perform with excellence, and that is not fair. Frederick Douglass observed that, “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Yet, instead of preparing these children for life, too many schools set them up for failure. Everyone in this room knows that we owe them better than that.

The path of inequality often leads to lost opportunity. College, graduate school, and first jobs should be milestones marking the passage from childhood to adulthood. But for too many disadvantaged young people, these goals seem unattainable – and their lives take a tragic turn.

Many live in neighborhoods filled with violence and fear, and empty of opportunity. Their impatience for real change is understandable. They are entitled to feel that life in America should be better than this. They are told even now to wait for improvements in our economy and in our schools, but it seems to me that these Americans have waited long enough.

The point is that when decades of the same promises keep producing the same failures, then it’s reasonable to rethink our approach – and consider a new plan.

cleller
7/12/2012, 07:13 AM
Maybe the NAACP should concentrate more on whats happening in their families, and less on what the government will give them.

rock on sooner
7/12/2012, 08:03 AM
People like YOU really take the cake!
The HYPOCRISY CAKE that is! Tell everyone else they are idiots and have no right to their opinions, let alone the truth that hurts.

**Point of order....the Drive-by Media is in the tank for Obama!
PROOF - FACT! Nearly every single program moderator/host or liberal guest on talk shows on the major networks and all the liberal cable channels....echoed the very same words and language over this past weekend accusing Romney of having secret bank accounts, and why he should not disclose more than one year's tax records!
NEARLY EVERY ONE!

DUH! HYPOCRISY!
First of all it is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that the WH...probably Axlebrain...is feeding talking points for a coordinated charcater attacks, on all the networks, at the same time, to saturate the airwaves with LIES!(YOU must be getting them too - you post them!)
The continued LW attack plan is to repeat lies far and wide, and repeat them enough to brainwash the uneducated and unthinking masses.

Has Obama release his grade transcripts yet?
Why did Obama claim Executive Priviledge over Operation Fast & Furious e-mails? Protecting himself; or who?
Who in the WH is leaking states secrets for politican gain?
We got any of those answers yet!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/hypocrisy.jpg

Hey, Cruiser, you ask several really good questions...about the leaks, etc.
I don't have an answer, but, in fairness, if you go to Fox News or Beck or
Rush or Ms. Coulter you hear the same oh, same oh over n over about
whatever the topic of the day is...that's just the f*****g nature of the
election year beast. And, I bet if the NRA invited him Obama would go!

rock on sooner
7/12/2012, 08:06 AM
Oh, Cruiser, one more point about the LW attacks, they do
pale in comparison to what the righties/Tea Partiers do on
a daily basis...jes sayin...:cheerful:

badger
7/12/2012, 08:59 AM
Romney was correct in giving the speech to the NAACP even when he knew it would be a hostile crowd. He didn't just get booed.. In the end, he received a standing ovation from them. They are not going to vote for him, but maybe he made them think a little.

This is a good segment of the speech:

Like I said, he said a lot of ballsy things. But, like reports said, he wasn't speaking to the NAACP by speaking to the NAACP, if that makes sense. He was speaking to moderates and undecided voters that will see him speaking to diverse audiences, not just the... what did another thread call em? Old, fat and white? In any event, he needs to appear inclusive and progressive and such, not just confined to his primary voter base.

rock on sooner
7/12/2012, 11:53 AM
Like I said, he said a lot of ballsy things. But, like reports said, he wasn't speaking to the NAACP by speaking to the NAACP, if that makes sense. He was speaking to moderates and undecided voters that will see him speaking to diverse audiences, not just the... what did another thread call em? Old, fat and white? In any event, he needs to appear inclusive and progressive and such, not just confined to his primary voter base.

And who said this wasn't a political move? A number of talking
heads on tv said much the same thing..talking to the base and
trying to get the indies to listen....(cept he will continue with the
old, fat, white and wealthy...bet on it.)

badger
7/12/2012, 12:33 PM
(cept he will continue with the
old, fat, white and wealthy...bet on it.)

Is it really a bad thing that a candidate that wants to win would go for the old, fat, white and wealthy?

1- A majority of this country is old. Blame the Baby Boomers... and the Greatest Generation that spawned them.
2- A majority of this country is fat. Even the ones that are too young to vote. Blame a lot of things.
3- A majority of this country is white. Especially those of voting age. Especially those that register to vote. Especially those that actually go to vote after registering to vote.

I've got nuthin' for "wealthy," but I think the moral of the "It's a Wonderful Life" story was that it was better to have a wealthy friend like Potter than have to depend on many friends so that you would never consider suicide in the first place and need a crazy old, white, fat angel to rescue you.

Yeah, I just perfectly tied things up, didn't I? :D

Oh, and btw, Biden, not Obama, spoke to NAACP. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=335&articleid=20120712_335_0_HOUSTO859394) Forgive me for sounding Republican, but that's a slap in their faces for Obama to send his second-in-command and not himself.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/12/2012, 12:42 PM
I think you got it wrong badger. Listening to Biden's a lot more entertaining than listening to Obama.

badger
7/12/2012, 12:44 PM
I think you got it wrong badger. Listening to Biden's a lot more entertaining than listening to Obama.

tee hee

rock on sooner
7/12/2012, 12:50 PM
Is it really a bad thing that a candidate that wants to win would go for the old, fat, white and wealthy?

1- A majority of this country is old. Blame the Baby Boomers... and the Greatest Generation that spawned them.
2- A majority of this country is fat. Even the ones that are too young to vote. Blame a lot of things.
3- A majority of this country is white. Especially those of voting age. Especially those that register to vote. Especially those that actually go to vote after registering to vote.

I've got nuthin' for "wealthy," but I think the moral of the "It's a Wonderful Life" story was that it was better to have a wealthy friend like Potter than have to depend on many friends so that you would never consider suicide in the first place and need a crazy old, white, fat angel to rescue you.

Oh, and btw, Biden, not Obama, spoke to NAACP. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=335&articleid=20120712_335_0_HOUSTO859394) Forgive me for sounding Republican, but that's a slap in their faces for Obama to send his second-in-command and not himself.

Badg, absolutely nuthin wrong with going for whatever your
heart desires. It just SEEMS that old, fat,white and wealthy
wanted Bush and now Romney cause he wants to do what
Bush did.

Obama [I]said[I] he had a scheduling conflict (even with his
cape he can't be everywhere) and he did go there last year
Boubon is right, Biden if far more entertaining, as in loose
cannon!

Bourbon St Sooner
7/12/2012, 01:00 PM
Only old, fat, rich white guys "support" Romney. A bunch more people will vote for him because of the absolute train wreck that is the Obama administration. It's really hard for me to believe that this dooshbag with no political skill actually has a decent chance at winning the White House. If he does, he's the luckiest SOB evar.

badger
7/12/2012, 01:31 PM
Bush did.

What do old, fat white and wealthy people like?

Guy1: Sleep!
Guy2: Sexy dames and plenty of them.
Grandpa Simpson: Maaaaaaaat-looooooooock!

Mitt Romney: Well then, we'll just call it the "Matlock Expressway!"
Old farts: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sappstuf
7/12/2012, 01:40 PM
At least they showed up for Romney.. As for Biden? Well..

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/NAACP-Empty-Hall.jpg

rock on sooner
7/12/2012, 01:51 PM
Only old, fat, rich white guys "support" Romney. A bunch more people will vote for him because of the absolute train wreck that is the Obama administration. It's really hard for me to believe that this dooshbag with no political skill actually has a decent chance at winning the White House. If he does, he's the luckiest SOB evar.

Train wreck?! You're spot on...the Pub/Tea party engine collided with the
Dem engine and everybody stopped to watch the carnage, for over 3 years
now. As to "winning" the White House, nope, but, thanks to Citizens United
it will have been bought, if he is elected. And, if he is, then may God have
mercy on us all.

okie52
7/12/2012, 02:02 PM
At least they showed up for Romney.. As for Biden? Well..

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/NAACP-Empty-Hall.jpg

LOL

I heard CNN stating the auditorium was only about half full.

okie52
7/12/2012, 02:04 PM
mercy on us all.

Dems had total control for the 1st 2 years so they don't get a pass.

Thank God for Citizen United (but only if Obama loses).

sappstuf
7/12/2012, 02:05 PM
mercy on us all.

Once again, Obama ran the most expensive presidential campaign in the country's history in 2008. Dems didn't seem to care much back then.. Now suddenly money in politics is an issue because Romney is keeping up with Obama. Obama's campaign thought they would raise a billion dollars in 2012.....

The faux outrage is rather amusing.

LiveLaughLove
7/12/2012, 02:26 PM
Once again, Obama ran the most expensive presidential campaign in the country's history in 2008. Dems didn't seem to care much back then.. Now suddenly money in politics is an issue because Romney is keeping up with Obama. Obama's campaign thought they would raise a billion dollars in 2012.....

The faux outrage is rather amusing.

Exactly, has a Republican ever legitimately won an election to the left? Nope, they buy them or steal them. The man's got his foot on their throats!

LiveLaughLove
7/12/2012, 02:29 PM
Romney was going to be damned for not showing up, or damned for showing up. That is the MSM meme on these type things.

He did the best he could it sounds like, and he didn't go in to a faux black dialect that Obama does when he speaks to blacks. The level of patronization is disgusting.

If some American Indian politician addressed us with, "hmm, me wanna win heap big much!", he'd get ran out of town.

badger
7/12/2012, 02:44 PM
I heard CNN stating the auditorium was only about half full.
And here you dudes were saying that Biden would be most entertaining. Ah well, if you've seen his act once...

Obama ran the most expensive presidential campaign in the country's history in 2008.
Inflation, inflation, inflation. I expect every campaign from here on out to be the "most expensive ever" until the next campaign comes along to surpass it. And yes, the Dems have no room to complain. The Supreme Court has shown that it is not 100 percent politically motivated in its decisions, so if the Super PAC thing stood by the Supreme Court, then it's gonna stand.

Dems had total control for the 1st 2 years so they don't get a pass.
They could have done so much more during those two years than just Obamacare. They could have raised minimum wage, strengthened unions, made it harder for companies and private individuals to outsource labor and income to dodge taxes... you name it. Lost opportunity on their part.

To their credit, they did get something that I think will stand forever now: The repeal of DADT. Also to a very angry California audience's credit, they called Obama on it when he was making a campaign stop for some random Dem and wouldn't just let him roll past the issue and continue with his planned words. I think it was later that year that DADT was finally scrapped.

Ton Loc
7/12/2012, 03:39 PM
If Romney hadn't called it Obamacare, I guarantee he would not have been booed. Other than that, a lot of pandering to the audience. No wonder he got a standing ovation.

Funny that he says "we" when referencing where "we" send a lot black kids to school. Last time I checked, the parents made that decision.

okie52
7/12/2012, 03:43 PM
If Romney hadn't called it Obamacare, I guarantee he would not have been booed. Other than that, a lot of pandering to the audience. No wonder he got a standing ovation.

Funny that he says "we" when referencing where "we" send a lot black kids to school. Last time I checked, the parents made that decision.

How many times has Romney called it the ACA? He would seem pretty hypocritical to have changed it just for this audience...in fact I'm pretty sure he would have been called out on it.

cleller
7/12/2012, 05:09 PM
I think its too late for the NAACP to open their eyes and see the devastation 50 years of ever-increasing government reliance has done to their communities.
Their devil is their own best friend.

Wishboned
7/12/2012, 05:14 PM
And apparently Romney wanted to get booed on purpose to appeal to white racists.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/msnbc-romney-naacp-speech-part-of-racist-southern-strategy/article/2501948

okie52
7/12/2012, 05:54 PM
And apparently Romney wanted to get booed on purpose to appeal to white racists.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/msnbc-romney-naacp-speech-part-of-racist-southern-strategy/article/2501948

Lol

Well nothing like the unbiased opinion of msnbc.

C&CDean
7/12/2012, 08:25 PM
jeez. Is it football season yet?

rock on sooner
7/12/2012, 08:33 PM
jeez. Is it football season yet?

Almost...

soonercruiser
7/12/2012, 09:31 PM

Badger,
remember that Obama is only half black.
So, he only made a "half-hearted effort" to be there.
And, he sent the "half-brained" Biden!
:sneakiness:

soonercruiser
7/12/2012, 09:34 PM
Bush did.

Obama [I]said[I] he had a scheduling conflict (even with his
cape he can't be everywhere) and he did go there last year
Boubon is right, Biden if far more entertaining, as in loose
cannon!

Admit it Rock!
You've been stuck on the LW web sites and instead of the old mantra of "angry old white man", the new LW name-calling label is "old, fat, and white"!
Proud to be a card carrying member of that club!

REDREX
7/12/2012, 09:37 PM
mercy on us all.---I don't recall the Dems saying an election was bought when Barack outspent McCain 3-1

sappstuf
7/13/2012, 01:20 AM
And here you dudes were saying that Biden would be most entertaining. Ah well, if you've seen his act once...

Inflation, inflation, inflation. I expect every campaign from here on out to be the "most expensive ever" until the next campaign comes along to surpass it. And yes, the Dems have no room to complain. The Supreme Court has shown that it is not 100 percent politically motivated in its decisions, so if the Super PAC thing stood by the Supreme Court, then it's gonna stand.

They could have done so much more during those two years than just Obamacare. They could have raised minimum wage, strengthened unions, made it harder for companies and private individuals to outsource labor and income to dodge taxes... you name it. Lost opportunity on their part.

To their credit, they did get something that I think will stand forever now: The repeal of DADT. Also to a very angry California audience's credit, they called Obama on it when he was making a campaign stop for some random Dem and wouldn't just let him roll past the issue and continue with his planned words. I think it was later that year that DADT was finally scrapped.

Uh, no. It wasn't inflation, inflation, inflation. Obama was the first candidate to give up public financing since it was created. He did this because by accepting the money you accepted a limitation of how much money you could raise. Even though Obama had promised to accept the public financing, he broke it because he wanted to raise unlimited funds... And he did, raising almost $750 million compared to McCain, who did accept public financing with $240 million.

That is slightly above inflation....

So it is quite humorous to see Dems crying about money in politics when it was their guy that broke the mold and refused limitations on the amount of money he could raise in the first place. Romney is just following his lead... And doing it better.

cleller
7/13/2012, 07:37 AM
---I don't recall the Dems saying an election was bought when Barack outspent McCain 3-1

They really are squawking about this now.

pphilfran
7/13/2012, 08:02 AM
Phil --

We got outraised last month, and not by a little bit.

Part Two of getting outraised is getting outspent. That translates into a potentially devastating sweep of negative, misleading messaging that's going to flood the airwaves in swing states -- over and over and over -- until November 6th. It's already started, and it's only July.

Will you make a donation of $3 or more to help close this gap?

How this election plays out will define our democracy: Can super PACs and hundreds of millions of dollars from Republicans and the Romney campaign -- through the brute force of negative advertising alone -- drown out millions of voices?

Or can the politics of inclusivity -- asking supporters to chip in $5, $10, $25 at a time -- keep the margin close enough to win?

Please donate $3 or more today to close the gap:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Outraised

Thanks,

Julianna

Julianna Smoot
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

C&CDean
7/13/2012, 08:49 AM
Phil --

Part Two of getting outraised is getting outspent. That translates into a potentially devastating sweep of negative, misleading messaging that's going to flood the airwaves in swing states -- over and over and over -- until November 6th. It's already started, and it's only July.

How this election plays out will define our democracy: Can super PACs and hundreds of millions of dollars from Republicans and the Romney campaign -- through the brute force of negative advertising alone -- drown out millions of voices?

Or can the politics of inclusivity -- asking supporters to chip in $5, $10, $25 at a time -- keep the margin close enough to win?

Thanks,

Julianna

Julianna Smoot
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

You can't make this **** up. Sheez.

LiveLaughLove
7/13/2012, 11:15 AM
Phil --

Thanks,

Julianna

Julianna Smoot
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

The most amazing thing is they actually believe this crap.

Somehow hollywood big shots, George Soros, Unions, and Wall Street money (more went to Obama last election than the Republicans) is better than Koch Brothers money.

I've always thought George Soros, now there's a man that speaks for the people. :)

TheHumanAlphabet
7/13/2012, 12:27 PM
Maybe the NAACP should concentrate more on whats happening in their families, and less on what the government will give them.

^^^ Ding, Ding Ding!!!! This! I would also add, worry about working hard and keeping a job, and earning your way up, not expect a government hand out.

Whet
7/13/2012, 09:56 PM
MEDIA COVERS UP NAACP APPLAUSE FOR ROMNEY'S OPPOSITION TO SAME-SEX MARRIAGE

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/07/12/Media-Covers-up-Romney-same-sex-marriage-applause

badger
7/14/2012, 07:37 AM
MEDIA COVERS UP NAACP APPLAUSE FOR ROMNEY'S OPPOSITION TO SAME-SEX MARRIAGE

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/07/12/Media-Covers-up-Romney-same-sex-marriage-applause

To be fair, the only reason people are watching that (or at least most people) is to hear what Romney says, not what some random people are yelling in the audience at him. I think it's fairly normal for TV stations to mute/minimize audience noise for political speeches, sports events, live concerts, you name it.