PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Tickets?

vtsooner21
7/11/2012, 09:56 AM
I realize that our esteemed forum is not an outlet for Sooner's tickets, but looking for advice here. Heading out to the Sooner Nation in October and hope to catch the Sooners playing Kansas on 10/20...In years past I've spent a "boatload" on tickets so that I have the security of knowing that I have tickets in hand. Would the members here advise me to do the same this go round, or should I try to save some bucks by buying outside the stadium on Game Day. I know that it's only the Kansas Game and a week prior to ND, so perhaps interest isn't ratcheted up for the game, but kinda thinking if I go that far, I'd like to be comfortable in the fact that I have halfway decent seats and the security of knowing that it's a "sure" thing. Checked Craig's List, and seems most ads are posted by vendors really getting their profit in. Any ideas from the members here?

Boomer

soonerboy_odanorth
7/11/2012, 10:55 AM
Sooner Swap forum on this site. Also, for $25 you can joing the soonersports.com (official school site) Ticket Marketplace and pick up tickets for face in advance. In fact, you might just wait until August 1st or so, which is around the time OU offers general public tickets for some of the games. I'm sure there will be some KU tickets available.

But to your point, you can probably go sight unseen the day of the KU game and get a pair under face. Just depends on your personal comfort level.

yukonsooner
7/11/2012, 12:19 PM
I was on Soonersports earlier this week and the home tickets go on sale at 12:01 a.m. on August 1. I've done this before and had no problem getting extra tickets

olevetonahill
7/11/2012, 12:58 PM
Ive bot off Ebay, From folks at the TGs( thats out now) scalpers on the day of the game , or just browsing around dif, sites
Never had a Prob gettin good seats at decent prices , Most ive paid way under Face a few times I paid way over .

yermom
7/11/2012, 01:09 PM
it really depends on what "decent seats" means

soonerinlakehighlands
7/11/2012, 02:31 PM
Should be able to get decent seats day of the game for face or perhaps even lower depending on how each team's season is going.

vtsooner21
7/11/2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks all for the response. I remember in the past I have been surprised at how many tickets were being scalped on gameday. Just not certain if I want to bigball it and do that. And yes, I suppose "decent seats" is a matter of opinion. I hope to not be sitting in the boonies, nor have I any notions that someone will be offering me private booth seats. I guess that's the reason I termed it as "halfway decent seats" lol Thanks again, everyone...

Boomer

yermom
7/11/2012, 04:40 PM
worst experience buying tickets at the game was the BCS championship game against Florida.

only other game i paid over face for that comes to mind was @ Mizzou in 2010

i've almost never seen scarce tickets in Norman in the middle of the season

cleller
7/11/2012, 06:14 PM
Right on man! Those guys rock!

Carry on our wayward son to the point of know return with the people of the south wind and the dust in the wind.

FirstandGoal
7/11/2012, 06:43 PM
I can't imagine there not being tickets to this game. Its halfway through the season, its the week before ND and its freaking Kansas.

olevetonahill
7/11/2012, 07:11 PM
I can't imagine there not being tickets to this game. Its halfway through the season, its the week before ND and its freaking Kansas.

Yup. A game like this I have paid less than face for seats between the 40s

nativesooner
7/11/2012, 09:24 PM
You can probably get KU tix now for face but if you wait until game day or game week, you can probably get them cheaper.

olevetonahill
7/11/2012, 09:30 PM
I bot one last year for the A&M game think it was on the 40 somewhere Paid 60 bucks for it just before Game time

I had already made up my mind to just stay at the TG and watch it there, Got back to the TG and Badj was sittin there , I axed her why she wernt at the Game? She say she aint got a Ticket, I handed it to her and said Now ya do.

MyT Oklahoma
7/11/2012, 10:52 PM
I think it all depends upon just how bad KU sucks this year. Right now if I were you I would be inclined to just wait until game day and buy what you want at the stadium.

MamaMia
7/12/2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks all for the response. I remember in the past I have been surprised at how many tickets were being scalped on gameday. Just not certain if I want to bigball it and do that. And yes, I suppose "decent seats" is a matter of opinion. I hope to not be sitting in the boonies, nor have I any notions that someone will be offering me private booth seats. I guess that's the reason I termed it as "halfway decent seats" lol Thanks again, everyone...

BoomerI just happen to have 2 Kerr McGee Club seats for that game, with free VIP tailgate passes included, that I'll sell for what I paid.

nighttrain12
7/12/2012, 12:25 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/ot/boomer-blast-sign-up.html

Sign up for Boomer Blast and you can buy them before the general public. Wow, a lot of great home games coming up this season, much improved over 2011.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/12/2012, 01:06 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/ot/boomer-blast-sign-up.html

Sign up for Boomer Blast and you can buy them before the general public. Wow, a lot of great home games coming up this season, much improved over 2011.

Eh... FAMU and KU kind of suck the wind out a bit early. And I know KSU will be very good... I still just don't get that riled for them, though. I think Baylor will be the surprise game this year as far as demand by the time it rolls around. I think they are not going to have as much of a fall off as others do. Briles has done a heck of a job with that program, particularly recruiting. They've got the most talented depth they've had since the Taeff salad days.

Not sure what I think about next year's sched, though. No marquee non-conf game as we are @ ND (Tulsa is scheduled, date TBD- blech). Home games Iowa State, Texas Tech, TCU, West Virginia. I've gotten to the point of really despising Taco Tech. And looking forward to WVU. The rest is kinda sucky IMO.