PDA

View Full Version : Yet another traditional game down the toilet...

ouflak
7/11/2012, 03:17 AM
*sigh*

BYU/Utah to take a break. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/07/byu-utah-taking-two-years-off-holy-war-future-in-doubt/1)

soonerboy_odanorth
7/11/2012, 11:34 AM
No room for it when BYU joins the BigXII with Florida State. :)

badger
7/11/2012, 11:42 AM
OU can charge $50 or so for the Florida A&M game because people have to buy it in order to get the Notre Dame game, the conference games and a chance at RRS tickets. Same goes for other programs -- put up with the crappy schedule parts to get to the better games.

If teams drop rivals in favor of cupcake opponents and join new conferences for more money, will fans continue to shell out the same standard price for the crap-tier games that they do now?

If these teams start to suck (laws of physics or something determine that for one team to be win, another team must lose), will fans put up with crap-tier opponents AND a crap-tier home team?

And when the newfound playoff revenue goes straight to bigger coaching salaries (and perhaps new player salaries), but ticket and concession prices remain high (or go higher) while fans aren't permitted to bring in full water bottles, will fans keep showing up, or will they elect to stay home for a cheaper and perhaps more enjoyable experience.

I am not liking a lot what I'm seeing in college football lately and it has nothing to do with OU not winning the title since 2000.

BillyBall
7/11/2012, 11:53 AM
*sigh*

BYU/Utah to take a break. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/07/byu-utah-taking-two-years-off-holy-war-future-in-doubt/1)

The tailgates at those games are awesome...

badger
7/11/2012, 12:04 PM
Church picnic? :P

SoonerorLater
7/11/2012, 03:26 PM
Sadly this is the direction College Football is taking in the name of the almighty "Playoff". Yep I guess everybody will be happy when we make this just like the NFL.

sooneredaco
7/11/2012, 03:59 PM
Sadly this is the direction College Football is taking in the name of the almighty "Playoff". Yep I guess everybody will be happy when we make this just like the NFL.

I for one like having an undisputed champion.... Yes like the NFL

Jeronimo
7/11/2012, 04:41 PM
I'm not fond of it either Badger. My wallet has been begging me to enjoy OU football at home for over a decade now. Its like pulling teeth for me to even think of not being in the stadium on gamedays.

stoopified
7/11/2012, 08:26 PM
No room for it when BYU joins the BigXII with Florida State. :)

Please Dear God,no BYU.Clemson would be so much better.

BoulderSooner79
7/11/2012, 09:38 PM

Lot's of mean games of root-beer pong.

8timechamps
7/11/2012, 10:18 PM

Not just yet it hasen't. A lt will depend on how much SOS matters. If, like most believe it will, it means a big part of the overall selection process, then we'll start seeing good games again. No longer will you be rewarded for whipping up on three or four cupcakes a year.