PDA

View Full Version : Romney donations top Obama's again

badger
7/9/2012, 03:20 PM
Linky (http://newsok.com/romney-bests-obama-donations-with-help-of-rich-few/article/feed/401903)

I think Obama probably would have beaten McCain in 2008 even if he just used public financing. What a weapon that could have been had he decided to do that in 2008, when he could have demanded a "fair fight" once again, rather than a money fight. But, he didn't (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2008/02/mccain-attack-1-2/). He raised more money than McCain and decided to use it.

Now that the shoe's on the other foot, not much you can do but kick dirt with your bare foot.

pphilfran
7/9/2012, 03:24 PM
He did step in it...

They have been pounding me for donations...I get one a day begging for money...Romney sends out about a quarter of the number...here is the Obama one from today...

Phil --

Well, I've got some good news and some bad news.

Good news first: June was our best fundraising month yet. We exceeded expectations -- more than 706,000 people like you stepped up and pitched in for a grand total of $71 million raised for this campaign and the Democratic Party.

Bravo. That's seriously impressive.

Bad news? We still got beat. Handily. Romney and the RNC pulled in a whopping $106 million.

So, to recap: We had our best fundraising month yet, and we still fell about $35 million short. We can win while being outspent -- but we need to keep it close.

You know what that means. We've got some work to do.

Pitch in $3 or more right now to start closing the gap.

This is no joke. If we can't keep the money race close, it becomes that much harder to win in November.

But this election isn't about how much money our campaigns can raise -- none of us would be fighting this hard just to win a money war. We're here because we believe in something bigger -- because none of us wants to see this country go back to the policies that drove our economy into a ditch, which is exactly what the other side wants to do.

Whatever it is that brings you to this fight, what happens next is up to you. Donate today:

https://donate.barackobama.com/June-Numbers

- Ann Marie

Ann Marie Habershaw
Chief Operating Officer
Obama for America

This one is from Sat

Phil --

Mitt Romney and the Republican Party raised more than $100 million last month.

Yeah, that's a hell of a lot of money.

We can't match that amount, but we have to close this gap as much as we can. If we don't start right now, we risk falling irreversibly behind.

Will you make a donation of $3 or more today to help close the gap?

We're building our campaign the right way, small donors chipping in what they can when they can. Mitt Romney has done the opposite: During the primary, his campaign raised more than three-quarters of its money from people giving $1,000 or more.

But it means the gap between what we raised and what they raised is growing.

Look, we already knew we were going to be outraised and outspent by the outside groups and super PACs.

But $100 million to the Romney operation alone? It's a steeper climb than anyone thought.

We've got to do something about it. And right now the only one in a position to do anything about it is you:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Close-the-Gap

Julianna

Julianna Smoot
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

This one is from Friday

Phil --

The Romney campaign just announced that together with the Republican Party, they raised more than $100 million last month.

We'll have more to say in the coming days about our own numbers for June as we tally them up.

But for context, $100 million is about what we raised in April, May, and June combined in 2008.

It's an astronomical sum that fundamentally changes the math of this race.

We will need to raise more resources from more people than we realized even a few days ago.

Please donate today to help close the gap:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Close-the-Gap

More soon,

Messina

Jim Messina
Campaign Manager
Obama for America

pphilfran
7/9/2012, 03:27 PM
To be fair...the latest from Romney

Today

Friend,

The stakes are too high this election to sit idle -- that's why we're inviting you to get involved and become a MyMitt member. MyMitt members will make all the difference this election as we take on Obama's campaign machine.

Become a part of Team Romney by signing up for a MyMitt account here http://www.mittromney.com/action.

As a MyMitt account member, you can find out about campaign events in your area, sign up to volunteer, make calls from home to get out the vote, fundraise online, and so much more.

This is a critical election -- and with your help and support, we will be ready to take back the White House.

Thanks.

Zac Moffatt
Digital Director
Romney for President
http://twitter.com/ZacMoffatt

PS: By creating a MyMitt account today, you will receive a coupon to use at our online store.

Friday

Friend,

I just wanted to remind you that entries close tonight for this "Day on the Road" contest. We've done these sorts of things a few times already during the campaign, and it's always a lot of fun. Enter to win a chance to hit the campaign trail with me.

I hope to meet you soon.

Mitt Romney

badger
7/9/2012, 03:29 PM
Daaaaang. And I thought it was bad when I was getting robo-called by local candidates before primaries just because I was a registered voter :mad:

But seriously --- if you are registered with either party, especially Republican in this state, don't answer your land line in the month before ANY election. :(

pphilfran
7/9/2012, 03:39 PM
I signed up as an experiment...I wanted to see what they had to say...

So I got about 20 with 18 of the 20 wanting money...

I wanted some actual facts on the issues....so I donated three bucks (that is what they were asking for)...this is the email the day after I donated the three dolla.

Phil,
Thanks so much for your generous donation of $3.00.

You have been entered to win Dinner with Barack.

Any additional donation you make before the deadline will automatically enter you again: https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinne...ne-Enter-Again

We've always depended on supporters like you -- not special-interests or lobbyists -- for every dollar we get. Your donation will help pay for new offices, organizer trainings, and resources like phones and clipboards to support our hard-working staff and volunteers.

If you're interested in finding other ways to get involved with this campaign in your own community, please click here: http://www.barackobama.com

Thanks again for your generous support,

Rufus Rufus Gifford National Finance Director Obama for America

P.S. -- If you'd like to set up a recurring donation so that you can sustain this campaign automatically month after month, click here: https://donate.barackobama.com/2012-Launch-Recur

*There may be a minor delay in the processing of your contribution as it will be subject to review.

Then the next day I get this one...since I donated three bucks they are now asking for $25...

Phil --

If you've been waiting to get invested in President Obama's campaign, you should know that Mitt Romney and the corporate interests and right-wing ideologues backing him want you to keep waiting.

They're counting on you to be tuned out for as long as possible -- until it's too late to make up the ground lost this summer without you.

Then they'll tune you out when President Romney is in the White House.

They're not running the kind of campaign that depends on ordinary people wanting a say in the political process.

President Obama is -- and you could literally have his ear at an upcoming dinner with you and a few other guests.

Pitch in $25 or more now, and you'll be automatically entered for that chance:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Your-Dinner-with-Barack

The President's been hosting these dinners with supporters like you for the last year or so because they're what this entire campaign comes down to: ordinary Americans having conversations about where we've been and where we need to go.

No corporations in the room. Just people.

Don't pass up your chance to be at the next one.

- Julianna

Julianna Smoot
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

badger
7/9/2012, 04:11 PM
No corporations in the room. Just people.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/i-see-what-you-did-there-261.jpg
^^^movie sux reason NP won't see new spidey is this eff you tobey^^^

soonercruiser
7/9/2012, 10:12 PM
Dang!
I guess my donation didn't make it in to the reporting yet.
That would have bumped it up for Romey a couple of Million more.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/10/2012, 12:58 PM
I like that the Obama guy is name Rufus. Ru-Ru-Ru-Ru-Ru

MyMitt - does that make anybody else want to puke?

badger
7/10/2012, 01:27 PM

I kind of smiled a bit. Reminded me of MySpace. Remember that site? The one that people used to visit before they all wised up and got a simple facebook page instead?

KantoSooner
7/10/2012, 01:56 PM
looking at the example of MySpace and the now dying 'Blackberry', how long do you think, Badger, that Facebook will survive?
I'm personally betting about 5 years and that 20 years from now people will be asking at dinner parties, "Oh, you know, that website where you had a pagie kind of thing and your friends could leave you notes and stuff. What was that called, anyway?"
Anyone remember Wang Laboratories? Or the original silicon valley giant, Fairchild Industries?

badger
7/10/2012, 02:22 PM
looking at the example of MySpace and the now dying 'Blackberry', how long do you think, Badger, that Facebook will survive?
I'm personally betting about 5 years and that 20 years from now people will be asking at dinner parties, "Oh, you know, that website where you had a pagie kind of thing and your friends could leave you notes and stuff. What was that called, anyway?"
Anyone remember Wang Laboratories? Or the original silicon valley giant, Fairchild Industries?

Well Kanto, there's something that BlackBerry and MySpace have that Facebook doesn't yet, and that's a viable successor.

BlackBerry has had tons of smartphones copy and better it, from the iPhone to anything Android-based. MySpace had Facebook.

What does Facebook have?

I'd say Google+, but that really hasn't taken off yet.

Wishboned
7/10/2012, 03:04 PM

To be fair the opposition's plan is called YoBama.

rock on sooner
7/10/2012, 03:09 PM

MyMitt conjures up the image of the preppy with the sweater
draped over the shoulders with the sleeves in front, chinos and
tassled loafers....

badger
7/10/2012, 03:09 PM
To be fair the opposition's plan is called YoBama.

There isn't enough caffeine in this world to make this election get over with faster :mad:

KantoSooner
7/10/2012, 03:12 PM
My bet would be something we aren't imagining yet. Mebbe something in the way of bio-interface so you could literally share emotions with friends. You'd want to be awfully careful who you 'friended' but what an awesome party you could have. Think about 6 or 8 people hanging out in a hot tub, drinking champagne and being linked so that you all could experience, at some level, each others' emotions.
and I don't think that sort of interface should be too much of a technical leap.
Gadzooks! the probable outcomes would be truly mindblowing. For one thing, you'd get an almost instantaneous and very 'true' read on compatibility. You'd know immediately if someone else responded to stimulae as you did and thus was compatible. The whole process of finding and relating to friends and lovers would be completely transformed.

But the whole world would shut down for about three years while everyone went home to play with their new neural transmission units.

Massage oil sales would skyrocket! <note to self: think this thing through, there's money to be made here.>

KantoSooner
7/10/2012, 03:13 PM
tassled loafers....

Then they got the right ad-man, didn't they?

rock on sooner
7/10/2012, 03:18 PM
Then they got the right ad-man, didn't they?

Yup, sure did. Now to go clean up the "puke".

Wishboned
7/10/2012, 03:21 PM
There isn't enough caffeine in this world to make this election get over with faster :mad:

I just got an email today:

Dear Friend,

Our campaign is in dire need. Yobama is so poor, it can't even pay attention. Yobama is so poor, it's wrestling a squirrel for a peanut. Yobama is so poor, our campaign commercials are on an etch a sketch...

Bourbon St Sooner
7/10/2012, 03:23 PM
tassled loafers....

I see where this is going though. After he's done with this hopeless running for President thing, he can travel to state fairs all over the country and literally be My Mitt and people can pay a few bucks to throw baseballs at him.

rock on sooner
7/10/2012, 03:28 PM
I see where this is going though. After he's done with this hopeless running for President thing, he can travel to state fairs all over the country and literally be My Mitt and people can pay a few bucks to throw baseballs at him.

I fervently hope yer right! I'd even take the pain in my right
shoulder implamt to throw my fastball...

okie52
7/10/2012, 09:53 PM
I just sent Mitt $100. I wanted to make to sure to give 33 times what Hussein supporters donate.

Power to the people!!!!

Position Limit
7/11/2012, 03:10 PM
I just sent Mitt $100. I wanted to make to sure to give 33 times what Hussein supporters donate.

Power to the people!!!!

youre not what we call on wall street a big swinging d**k. more like the weak hand.

pphilfran
7/11/2012, 03:15 PM
youre not what we call on wall street a big swinging d**k. more like the weak hand.

It was a joke...Obama begs for three bucks in his emails...many, many, emails wanting just three more dollars...

I would say Obama is a weak hand...

okie52
7/11/2012, 03:26 PM

Pretty weak hand that can't find a capital letter. But you've got the dik part down.

soonercruiser
7/11/2012, 10:55 PM

Power to the people!!!!

Cheapskate!

badger
7/12/2012, 09:00 AM
Pretty weak hand that can't find a capital letter. But you've got the dik part down.

SF.com must have really high taxes. We have the grammar police, the spelling police and now... the CAPITALIZATION POLICE!

We need a tax cut. Too much regulation. :P

okie52
7/12/2012, 12:47 PM
SF.com must have really high taxes. We have the grammar police, the spelling police and now... the CAPITALIZATION POLICE!

We need a tax cut. Too much regulation. :P

I'm glad you can afford a keyboard that contains them. Evidently PL is too poor. But that could his explain anger.