PDA

View Full Version : From the "Not Worth the Bullet It Would Take to Kill Her" Files...

Viking Kitten
7/9/2012, 11:18 AM
http://newsok.com/serenity-deals-mother-files-3-million-claim-against-state/article/3690910

The imprisoned mother of Serenity Deal is seeking $3 million from the state in a tort claim that blames DHS for the girl's murder.Samantha Deal, 22, is seeking $1 million for herself and $1 million each for her two remaining daughters.

(http://newsok.com/serenity-deals-mother-files-3-million-claim-against-state/article/3690910)http://cdn2.newsok.biz/cache/r620-c_8507184a9fab48a5c658d305ebf94fe8.jpg

So basically, this ugly, pig-faced bitch molested a kid and was awaiting trial. Her own child was placed with her grandparents (pigface's parents) who violate a court order and let the child spend the night with the molester pig-face mother. So DHS, in the (admittedly stupid) spirit of keeping families together, places the little girl with her violent biological father, who kills her. So now pig face, who was convicted and is serving a 15-year sentence, thinks "ka-ching!" and is suing DHS for $3M. The idiotic grandparents, whose actions indirectly got the little girl killed, are also thinking "ka-ching!" and are suing DHS (although the amount isn't specified in this article.)

Did DHS screw up? Oh yes. Is this woman a scum sucking worthless POS who should have her ovaries ripped out before she ever even thought about reproducing? Definitely. Do the grandparents also deserve to be hit in the face with a heavy, blunt instrument? Absolutely.

If they actually get this money awarded to them, I hope they spend it on a batch of meth with extra drano in it and they all keel over and die.

C&CDean
7/9/2012, 11:20 AM
So, tell us how you really feel.

Position Limit
7/9/2012, 02:13 PM
So, tell us how you really feel.

no really, dont hold back.

Viking Kitten
7/9/2012, 02:23 PM
The Daily Oklahoman has disabled commenting for this article, so I couldn't post my rant about it there. But yeah. They should really die.

badger
7/9/2012, 02:45 PM
I don't think taxpayers can be held liable for $3 million in a single case. Isn't there a cap on this type of lawsuit when it's the taxpayers footing the bill?

Midtowner
7/9/2012, 03:10 PM
I don't think taxpayers can be held liable for $3 million in a single case. Isn't there a cap on this type of lawsuit when it's the taxpayers footing the bill?

I disagree that she can get $3MM here.

Maybe the mother and each of her two daughters have tort claims, but they can only get $175K for any loss arising out of a single act, accident or occurrence. There's a cap of $1MM for any number of claims arising out of a single accident or occurrence. It'll be interesting to see how the Petition is worded. I'm guessing they're stating at least 5-6 causes of action per Plaintiff, but that's not going to work unless they can construe the different activities by the state leading to those separate claims as arising out of different acts, accidents or occurrences. In no event do I see all of these claims together being worth more than $1MM. If this goes to the appellate courts on summary judgment (and I hope it does), we might get some helpful case law as to what constitutes a single act or occurrence.

It'll also be particularly thorny is if (and I'm assuming this has happened) mother's rights were terminated, how does she have standing to sue and whether the siblings of a parent whose rights have been terminated have the standing to sue for whatever they're suing for.

Of course, that's my opinion without reading any of the court filings or checking to see whether I even remember the liability limits correctly off the top of my head.

As far as the facts go, I don't think it'll be hard at all to prove DHS was negligent as hell. As to who should get paid and how much, that's a lot more interesting.

cleller
7/9/2012, 07:17 PM
As far as the facts go, I don't think it'll be hard at all to prove DHS was negligent as hell. As to who should get paid and how much, that's a lot more interesting.

I think all the taxpayers in Oklahoma should get a portion of the award back as a tax credit for having to support and live in the same state with these fools.