PDA

View Full Version : My Time in Afghanistan is Done

sappstuf
7/9/2012, 07:48 AM
Don't believe what you see on the news...

I've fixed everything. ;)

diverdog
7/9/2012, 08:11 AM

LOL

Have a safe return home my friend.

okie52
7/9/2012, 08:30 AM

Outstanding Sapp.

Give me a shout when you get back this way.

dwarthog
7/9/2012, 08:47 AM
Safe travels!

olevetonahill
7/9/2012, 09:25 AM
Fandayumtastic
Grats and Welcome home
Beers on me if ya ever in my neck of the woods.

sappstuf
7/9/2012, 10:00 AM
Takes the Navy about 10 days to get us back home.. We do all the post deployment stuff before getting back stateside. So I'm not home yet, but I am off the NATO base.

It sure was nice eating American food even if it is Army American food.

Okie, I should be up your way at the end of the month visiting the family.

C&CDean
7/9/2012, 10:58 AM
Congrats, and well done.

okie52
7/9/2012, 11:04 AM
Takes the Navy about 10 days to get us back home.. We do all the post deployment stuff before getting back stateside. So I'm not home yet, but I am off the NATO base.

It sure was nice eating American food even if it is Army American food.

Okie, I should be up your way at the end of the month visiting the family.

Look forward to it Sapp.

BetterSoonerThanLater
7/9/2012, 11:13 AM
CONGRATS AND WELCOME BACK!

Semper Fi

Midtowner
7/9/2012, 12:47 PM
Welcome home.

rock on sooner
7/9/2012, 12:49 PM
Congrats! Safe journey home aaaaaannnnnnnddddddd...

WELCOME, BY GOD, HOME!!!

Boomer.....
7/9/2012, 01:13 PM
Welcome home! Thanks!

soonercruiser
7/9/2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks again for your service.
Happy Homecoming!

BTW - talk to the Air Force! They can get you back in 3 days!
:cheerful:

TUSooner
7/11/2012, 08:28 AM
Well done & Thank you!

Curly Bill
7/11/2012, 08:30 AM
Glad you straightened everything out over there! Welcome home.

pphilfran
7/11/2012, 08:31 AM
Great news!

if you are ever at Sill I will by ya dinner and booze...

olevetonahill
7/11/2012, 08:31 AM
Glad you straightened everything out over there! Welcome home.

Yea But Obammy just **** it up again.

sappstuf
7/12/2012, 05:02 AM
Kuwait was 119 yesterday... That is too damn hot. Milk was a bad choice..

Petro-Sooner
7/12/2012, 10:15 AM
Thank you for your service!!!!!!

Sooner5030
7/12/2012, 12:23 PM
Kuwait was 119 yesterday... That is too damn hot. Milk was a bad choice..

The last time I traveled from BAF to Ali it was a ghost town......of course I was an individual re-deployer. Make sure your orders have the updated FY amendment.

sappstuf
7/12/2012, 12:35 PM
The last time I traveled from BAF to Ali it was a ghost town......of course I was an individual re-deployer. Make sure your orders have the updated FY amendment.

It is still a ghost town. Of course I was there at 1500 and no one was walking around.

Tell me more of this FY amendment...

Sooner5030
7/12/2012, 12:39 PM
It is still a ghost town. Of course I was there at 1500 and know one was walking around.

Tell me more of this FY amendment...

I deployed with a FY10 fund site and redeployed in FY11. Luckily my S1 included the amendment with the FY11 fund site I just didn't realize it at first. So when I went to the desk to get on a flight they said I can't fly until I get my orders amended. Since I had to PCS like 10 days later (and I am not a dirt bag) I searched for the amendment. However, if I was a dirtbag I could have just sat at that AB and got paid til someone figured out I was there.

Individual redeployment can be chaotic.

sappstuf
7/12/2012, 12:45 PM
I deployed with a FY10 fund site and redeployed in FY11. Luckily my S1 included the amendment with the FY11 fund site I just didn't realize it at first. So when I went to the desk to get on a flight they said I can't fly until I get my orders amended. Since I had to PCS like 10 days later (and I am not a dirt bag) I searched for the amendment. However, if I was a dirtbag I could have just sat at that AB and got paid til someone figured out I was there.

Individual redeployment can be chaotic.

The Navy is pretty good at the IA thing and they actually grab us and sorta redeploy us back to the States all together. They handle all of our arrangements for travel and we have our own tents with free Wifi that I am using to make this post. In December all Navy IAs will redeploy through Germany.. It would almost be worth extending for... Almost.

When we landed at Ali there were 155 Army and 5 Navy. A Navy guy grabbed us out and checked us in before the Army guy could finish his initial brief.

8timechamps
7/12/2012, 07:21 PM
Hope you have a safe trip home! Outstanding work!

Semper Fi

olevetonahill
7/12/2012, 07:29 PM
Different time and War but I bet the sentiment is the same, My eyes still get wet when I listen to this . Welcome home when Ya get here Bro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy6Tbz1Ne_Q

Tulsa_Fireman
7/12/2012, 09:08 PM
In December all Navy IAs will redeploy through Germany.. It would almost be worth extending for... Almost.

I hear they're rolling up Weisbaden and moving a large amount of stuff down to Heidelberg. Heard anything like that?

And thanks. Sincerely.

sappstuf
7/13/2012, 10:56 AM
Different time and War but I bet the sentiment is the same, My eyes still get wet when I listen to this . Welcome home when Ya get here Bro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy6Tbz1Ne_Q

I appreciate it Vet. I am coming up to Norman with my kids for the home opener.. Maybe we can get together and have a few beers if you are up there as well.

sappstuf
7/13/2012, 10:59 AM
I hear they're rolling up Weisbaden and moving a large amount of stuff down to Heidelberg. Heard anything like that?

And thanks. Sincerely.

I surely appreciate it.

Not sure about the move... I know that Army 5th Corps is deactivating as soon as they come back from Afghanistan.

LiveLaughLove
7/13/2012, 11:03 AM
Don't know you sapp, but respect the heck out of you. Saying thanks is woefully inadequate, but thanks for all you AND your family have gone through for mine.

via con juevos mi amigo! (it's a joke from a movie)

olevetonahill
7/13/2012, 11:27 AM
I appreciate it Vet. I am coming up to Norman with my kids for the home opener.. Maybe we can get together and have a few beers if you are up there as well.

Since we aint doing a Board TG anymore I prolly only make a coupla games this year

Where Ya live?

sappstuf
7/14/2012, 10:37 AM
Since we aint doing a Board TG anymore I prolly only make a coupla games this year

Where Ya live?

Down in San Antonio... But only for a couple of more months. Got orders to Italy, so the family and I will be heading out towards the end of September.

rock on sooner
7/14/2012, 10:56 AM
Sapp, your tours sound reminiscent of when I was in the AF.
a good tour then a not good tour, only yours is in reverse. If
mine had been that way I'd prolly have stayed in.

olevetonahill
7/14/2012, 11:03 AM
Down in San Antonio... But only for a couple of more months. Got orders to Italy, so the family and I will be heading out towards the end of September.
Is the Home opener the only Game yer gonna make?

sappstuf
7/14/2012, 12:50 PM
Is the Home opener the only Game yer gonna make?

If I can make it, yes. I've been scanning for tickets, but will look in earnest once I get back. By the KSU game, we will probably be heading east to catch our plane, so it really is our only chance.

olevetonahill
7/14/2012, 01:08 PM
If I can make it, yes. I've been scanning for tickets, but will look in earnest once I get back. By the KSU game, we will probably be heading east to catch our plane, so it really is our only chance.

Let me know if ya need help with tickets, How many?

sappstuf
7/14/2012, 02:21 PM
Let me know if ya need help with tickets, How many?

Well my wife has decided she would rather go to a Marc Anthony concert that night. You marry a woman and try to bring some class into her life and this is what you get...

So the number would be 3 for myself and the kids.

olevetonahill
7/14/2012, 02:37 PM
Well my wife has decided she would rather go to a Marc Anthony concert that night. You marry a woman and try to bring some class into her life and this is what you get...

So the number would be 3 for myself and the kids.

Ill see what I can do, Its a bit early right now, Not many sellers yet.
Be MY treat as a Welcome home gift

SoonerBread
7/15/2012, 01:05 AM
Welcome home, and thanks for your service!

diverdog
7/15/2012, 04:57 AM

Naples?

sappstuf
7/15/2012, 06:44 AM
Naples?

Sigonella.

diverdog
7/15/2012, 07:18 AM
Sigonella.

So let me get this straight. You are finishing your tour in Afghanistan and you took a voluntary assignment to Sicily? Are you f*** ing nuts.

sappstuf
7/17/2012, 03:08 AM
So let me get this straight. You are finishing your tour in Afghanistan and you took a voluntary assignment to Sicily? Are you f*** ing nuts.

The Cosa Nostra owe me a few favors... ;)

sappstuf
7/17/2012, 03:10 AM
I'm not sure which is worse: The jet lag waking me up at 3 in the morning... Or the humidity. I had grown accustom to the 5500 feet elevation of dry air.

olevetonahill
7/17/2012, 05:32 AM
I'm not sure which is worse: The jet lag waking me up at 3 in the morning... Or the humidity. I had grown accustom to the 5500 feet elevation of dry air.
be glad its this late in the year, The humidity is lower now than it was a month er 2 ago

diverdog
7/17/2012, 06:29 AM
The Cosa Nostra owe me a few favors... ;)

With friends like that who needs enemies.

Make sure you take advantage of your tour and see Europe. Sicily can be fun. The trip up the volcano is really cool. Great food there as well. We use to fly to sig all the time and I explored as much of the island as I could.