PDA

View Full Version : Hot college girls and recruiting

Big D Sooner
7/8/2012, 07:12 PM
I came across an article talking about these recruiting clubs (almost exclusively beautiful females) who host parties and provide certain "services" to some recruits. They mentioned Tennessee, Oregon, Texas, Colorado... I assume we have a group like this, although I went to OU for 5 years and had friends or dates in multiple sororities and never heard anything about this. Anyone have any inside info? I'm just curious. If we do, I hope our girls at least have some morals (probably a naive thought, I know)

Seamus
7/9/2012, 12:49 AM
Morals. LOL

sooneredaco
7/9/2012, 09:39 AM
Morals. LOL

^^ this ^^

badger
7/9/2012, 10:24 AM
Q: What type of college football player has zounds of off-field issues and makes selfish decisions involving drug use, accepting cash from boosters and other things detrimental to a college team?

A: The type of recruit that chooses a college based on fast, sleazy chicks.

Boomer.....
7/9/2012, 10:40 AM
I do recall seeing a group of good looking girls (I think wearing the same thing) that were setting with the recruits during football games.

badger
7/9/2012, 10:44 AM
I do recall seeing a group of good looking girls (I think wearing the same thing) that were setting with the recruits during football games.

The athletes of Sooner sports teams sit near the parents and recruits next to the band. You probably saw the volleyball team or something :P

yermom
7/9/2012, 10:57 AM
if you were going to employ current students to meet with prospective students, i would imagine they would likely be somewhat attractive, just sayin'

now telling them to be a little fast and loose with dem draws, that's another story

allanace16
7/9/2012, 10:57 AM
We have one, though I would say it doesn't seem like they engage in SEC-level recruiting tactics. I knew a couple of the girls that did it. (this was around 08-09). I can also confirm that they were all very attractive. That's all I really remember at the moment.

BetterSoonerThanLater
7/9/2012, 11:08 AM
TTIWWOP....;)

BajaOklahoma
7/9/2012, 11:28 AM
My hairdresser, a very straitlaced woman, is very proud that her daughter was chosen to greet recruits at Arkansas a couple of years ago. There was never any indication that Mom had an idea/clue/suspicions of anything "unusual" going on. Not a person I could ask if I want my hair to continue looking good.

Position Limit
7/9/2012, 02:06 PM
where are the white women at?

Soonerjeepman
7/9/2012, 07:22 PM
cousin was a manager in the 90's...yes there was a group..not sure if they still do. He didn't say if the girls preformed any special services..but I'm sure in the 90's things happened.

Sabanball
7/9/2012, 07:33 PM
All I will say is that when it comes to trotting out the coeds, Ole Miss has everyone beat ....

SoonerAtKU
7/9/2012, 08:58 PM
I have to imagine this kind of thing is somewhat self-selecting. If there's an official group of greeters and chaperones, then those people get chosen for their appearance and personality, since it's for the express purpose of creating a welcoming environment to attract athletes to school. Then, only a certain type of person would actively pursue that sort of arrangement, namely people who would want to be in close proximity to athletes. Then, a subset of THOSE would want to be close for reasons...carnal. Then, after a period of time, the persons in that group who DON'T want to fool around with athletes remove themselves from the group after seeing what the others do.

There, you have a group of girls who get together for the ultimate intent to entice recruits to school via sex and the administration has nothing to do with it. I can guarantee that instances of these girls being recruited by the school and expressly told to have sex with recruits are almost zero.

LA.SoonerFan
7/9/2012, 10:04 PM
cousin was a manager in the 90's...yes there was a group..not sure if they still do. He didn't say if the girls preformed any special services..but I'm sure in the 90's things happened.

The greeters must not have been very HOT during the 90's, with the exception of 99.

olevetonahill
7/9/2012, 10:08 PM
The greeters must not have been very HOT during the 90's, with the exception of 99.
Boo gave em their assignments

Seamus
7/10/2012, 12:17 AM
Boo gave em their assignments

Yeah:

"Left hand on yellow."

stoopified
7/10/2012, 10:04 AM
I know during Switzer's tenure we had the Crmson and Cream hostesses, and I assume we still do.

jkjsooner
7/10/2012, 11:43 AM
All I will say is that when it comes to trotting out the coeds, Ole Miss has everyone beat ....

So you're saying it isn't a very effective way to get talented players...

PalmBeachSooner
7/10/2012, 12:34 PM
Depending on the age of the participants there could be huge legal ramifications. It would not look good for the school or the prospective student athlete if someone wanted to make an issue out of it.

So, while there is no doubt that hostesses exist I'm positive they have to abide by a very strict code of conduct.

This does remind me when the SOONER NATION was having a panic attack when Adrian Peterson came back from his UCLA visit and all he talked about was Monica.

badger
7/10/2012, 12:49 PM
So you're saying it isn't a very effective way to get talented players...

The Klan probably scared them away :(
ezkvRywf4vw
(that video is NOT SAFE FOR WORK)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/10/2012, 03:15 PM
I came across an article talking about these recruiting clubs (almost exclusively beautiful females) who host parties and provide certain "services" to some recruits. They mentioned Tennessee, Oregon, Texas, Colorado... I assume we have a group like this, although I went to OU for 5 years and had friends or dates in multiple sororities and never heard anything about this. Anyone have any inside info? I'm just curious. If we do, I hope our girls at least have some morals (probably a naive thought, I know)haha good post!

Dan Thompson
7/10/2012, 03:53 PM
Maybe some Klan types should show up at Texas when someone we are interested in makes a visit:)

lasooner123
7/10/2012, 04:14 PM
pics or it didnt happen

8timechamps
7/10/2012, 04:26 PM
"Do we have a group like that?"

HAHAHAHAHAHA,

If attractive girls having sex with popular athletes is a recruiting tactic, then there's a lot of recruiting going on year round at every school in the country.

SoonerInLubbock
7/10/2012, 04:44 PM
This thread is a bit of a let down. The title is "Hot College Girls and Recruiting". And so far I haven't seen one pic posted of a hot college girl.:fatigue:

rock on sooner
7/10/2012, 04:45 PM

I thought LSU was leading the SEC in that category...

badger
7/10/2012, 04:46 PM
This thread is a bit of a let down. The title is "Hot College Girls and Recruiting". And so far I haven't seen one pic posted of a hot college girl.:fatigue:

As a Sooner in Lubbock, do you see any pictures of hot girls without worrying that they have... what's that you call it? RRR?

Herr Scholz
7/10/2012, 05:03 PM
This thread sucks.

BlownGP
7/10/2012, 06:06 PM
pics or it didnt happen

x2

was just going to post that

rock on sooner
7/10/2012, 08:25 PM
Ahhhhh, the visually challenged.......

fadada1
7/10/2012, 08:42 PM
while at UF, had a girl in one of my classes that was a "Gator Hostess"... or whatever they were called. she was exceptionally easy to look at... so i'm told. because as her teacher, i would have never entertained such ideas towards a female student.:triumphant:

to what extent she "greeted" incoming athletes, i have no idea. all i can say is that she was an excellent representative for the University of Florida.

ouflak
7/11/2012, 02:08 AM
I've met a couple of the hostesses. Nice girls, obviously attractive. There are no real strict rules or anything. You're just meeting people (recruits) and showing them around. The NCAA doesn't care as long as it doesn't involve money, as in them not getting the biggest cut.

bluedogok
7/13/2012, 10:04 PM
SMU had quite the crew during the early 80's.

GDC
7/16/2012, 05:48 PM
SMU had quite the crew during the early 80's.

Craig James killed five of them.

SoonerInLubbock
7/17/2012, 10:43 AM
As a Sooner in Lubbock, do you see any pictures of hot girls without worrying that they have... what's that you call it? RRR?

Ha "Red Raider Rash". Nothing some antibiotics can't fix (eeewww).

NormanPride
7/17/2012, 06:43 PM
Wasn't there a big thread on shag about this? They looked up some girls payroll and everything.

Also, one of the big reasons we landed that DT from Texas was the fact that we didn't do this as much. I think he listed UT and LSU as the worst offenders.