PDA

View Full Version : Dog the Bounty Hunter cancelled

cleller
7/8/2012, 06:50 PM
Just read that A&E has pulled the plug on Dog the Bounty Hunter. I haven't watched regularly in a long time, but occasionally get a kick out of Dog and his crew. What little I have gleaned from the internet is that Beth felt Duane Jr was a lazy slackard, then Leland teamed with Duane Jr, and both left. They've now severed ties with the family.

The show needs its own DNA map to document how the family ties run. Lots of Doggie mama's along the path. Dog seems to have scattered kids all across the US and Pacific during his heyday. I always thought Leland and Baby Lyssa were pretty sharp. Baby Lyssa. Shame to see things go up in smoke. Baby Lyssa.

Is anyone a big enough fan to fill us in on the behind the scenes soap opera that led to this unfortunate demise. Something tells me Dog may not have planned for the future as well as he might have.

olevetonahill
7/8/2012, 07:12 PM
Think I watched maybe 3 times

Thot the show was a DOG. (Pun intended)

tulsaoilerfan
7/8/2012, 08:11 PM
Good maybe more of the idiotic reality shows will be next to be cancelled

SoonerStormchaser
7/8/2012, 09:34 PM

jk the sooner fan
7/8/2012, 09:42 PM
i watched it occasionally, but only because it was a train wreck

IBleedCrimson
7/9/2012, 01:07 AM
umDr0mPuyQc

can't believe how casual some of you are about this. thank goodness I still have Real Housewives...

Curly Bill
7/9/2012, 02:52 AM
My mom will be sad. I on the other hand thought it contended with Jersey Shore for the trashiest, most worthless crap on television.

...and that's saying something!

olevetonahill
7/9/2012, 02:56 AM
My mom will be sad. I on the other hand thought it contended with Jersey Shore for the trashiest, most worthless crap on television.

...and that's saying something!

I tried to watch 'Lizard Lick Towing' once . think was worse.

Curly Bill
7/9/2012, 03:01 AM
My highbrow television entertainment is Duck Dynasty and American Guns.

cleller
7/9/2012, 07:01 AM
I hadn't watched much in several years, but I got a kick out of Dog mainly because of its "trailer trash makes good" theme. Also, Dog does have a knack when it comes to dealing with people. The guy can schmooze and hound his way thru life.

He also made good on his promise to capture Andrew Luster, the playboy drug-rapist in pretty spectacular fashion.

Penguin
7/9/2012, 06:49 PM
There was only one question that went unanswered. How does a bounty hunter get paid? I know how bailbondsmen make their money. They get to keep the 10% payment when someone needs to be bailed out. So, does the bailbondsman pay the bounty hunter a cut of that money? They certainly don't pay them the entire amount. So half? So that would mean going after somebody who skipped out on a $20,000 bond, the bounty hunter would get a whopping $1,000. That's not enough to pay his whole staff who just risked life and limb to catch the bad guy. Also, don't forget all that freaking gas for their huge SUVs. Somebody explain this to me!

olevetonahill
7/9/2012, 06:56 PM
The hunter usually collects 10% of the toatl bond skipped on
So yea in yer scenario The Hunter gets the 2k
Its a Numbers game
The Bonds man collects and gets to keep everything from say 90 5 of the bonds he writes, Then pays the fee to a hunter for the capture

Did a Little of that back in the early 90s
Several of the Bondsmen did their own captures if they could . When they called, ya upped yer price cause ya knew it wouldnt be easy

cleller
7/9/2012, 07:13 PM
Dog also had tanning, hair, and feathers covered in his contract with A&E.

Whet
7/9/2012, 08:17 PM
This is a picture I took last year.
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/awanderlust/IMG_0633.jpg

MamaMia
7/10/2012, 03:00 PM
Some companies pay more, plus expenses. You can negotiate, especially if its a hard catch. I did some bounty hunting when I was getting my PI firm off the ground. I did the finding and hired two former cops I knew to pick them up. We learned the hard way that you don't take them back to jail until you get paid.

Wishboned
7/10/2012, 03:05 PM
The one thing he couldn't track down was ratings.

rock on sooner
7/10/2012, 03:24 PM
The one thing he couldn't track down was ratings.

Wasn't cause he dint try...for a while he was on a LOT of
mainstream talk shows....

kbsooner21
7/10/2012, 05:07 PM
About 10 years too late...

Hot Rod
7/11/2012, 01:38 PM
I always enjoyed how they dressed like they were going to war to capture unharmful people.

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2012, 01:45 PM
I always enjoyed how they dressed like they were going to war to capture unharmful people.

yes, the pepper spray holsters were always good for a laugh

8timechamps
7/11/2012, 10:34 PM
They bonded folks out for the company they owned (DaKine), so in those cases, it was more economical. Plus however the monies were split when they did it for other people.

Also, and this is the BIG also, don't discount the cash infusion from A&E. I'd venture a guess that is what made up about 80% of their income.

cleller
7/12/2012, 07:10 AM
Plus merchandise, dvd's, re-run payments. I think Dog will be OK.

Leland and Baby Lyssa can go on Dancing with the Stars.

BigJerm7
7/12/2012, 07:49 AM
It seemed like every episode was the same, they were just chasing a different crackhead.