PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING BAD Last season

Pages : [1] 2

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/7/2012, 09:08 PM
Well, they say the last season is actually 2 seasons of 8 episodes apiece. IT STARTS A WEEK FROM TOMORROW! I expect Walt to be the new Drug Lord of Albuquerque, although I really haven't yet seen a write-up of any kind on it. I can only assume Gus actually is dead. He sure looked as if death was imminent after having half his head blown off. Will we be seeing more, or at least hearing more of Lily of the Valley?

soonerhubs
7/7/2012, 09:53 PM
Hurray! I can't wait!

7/7/2012, 11:54 PM
Will Hank discover that Walt is Heisenberg? Will Jesse discover that Walt prolly gave his little boy Lilly of the Valley? Will Jesse ever find out how Jane died? Will Marie go nuts on a shoplifting spree? Will the Mexican drug cartel rebound somehow? Will Sheriff Joe stop arresting illegals?

Jacie
7/8/2012, 09:07 PM
I felt that final close up of the plant would have been a great ending to the series. What more can they do? They killed off all the bad guys. Who among the recurring characters are left? Walt, Jesse, Skylar, Hank, Marie, Walt Jr., Sal and Mike. Don't see any conflict there. Is there enough time to introduce new characters central to the plot? Gus was on long enough that we learned his back story, essential to understand his motivation, where he was coming from and realized that his dealings with Walt and Jesse were based on business while his enmity towards the cartel was personal. One season is not long enough to develop another bad guy to play off of Walt.

I like this show and look forward to more episodes. I just can't see where the writers can take it from here.

7/8/2012, 09:16 PM
I felt that final close up of the plant would have been a great ending to the series. What more can they do? They killed off all the bad guys. Who among the recurring characters are left? Walt, Jesse, Skylar, Hank, Marie, Walt Jr., Sal and Mike. Don't see any conflict there. Is there enough time to introduce new characters central to the plot? Gus was on long enough that we learned his back story, essential to understand his motivation, where he was coming from and realized that his dealings with Walt and Jesse were based on business while his enmity towards the cartel was personal. One season is not long enough to develop another bad guy to play off of Walt.

I like this show and look forward to more episodes. I just can't see where the writers can take it from here.Well, THAT'S NO FUN! (they'll think of something cool, betcha)

Curly Bill
7/9/2012, 02:53 AM
I've never seen it, and look forward to continuing my streak. For those of you that like it carry on with your discussion. :)

cleller
7/9/2012, 07:09 AM
I've never seen it, and look forward to continuing my streak. For those of you that like it carry on with your discussion. :)

Oh man, you've missed out. I'm as straight laced as they come, and have loved it from the first episode. It really hooks you, then sets you up to root for the characters, who have gone bad. All the while, the undertone of the show is that crime is a bad thing to dabble with.

You're hoping against hope and reason something good will come of all this.

7/9/2012, 10:38 AM
Oh man, you've missed out. I'm as straight laced as they come, and have loved it from the first episode. It really hooks you, then sets you up to root for the characters, who have gone bad. All the while, the undertone of the show is that crime is a bad thing to dabble with.

You're hoping against hope and reason something good will come of all this.Well said! I doubt they will disappoint!

Curly Bill
7/10/2012, 12:41 AM
I don't like what I consider dark shows/movies that involve "bad characters," lots of drug culture and the like. I was pretty sure that was what this was gonna be from the start and never got interested in it. I even flip the channel when previews for it come on. Obviously this is some folks cup of tea, and that's more than cool by me, but it's not for me.

Jacie
7/10/2012, 07:02 AM
I don't like what I consider dark shows/movies that involve "bad characters," lots of drug culture and the like. I was pretty sure that was what this was gonna be from the start and never got interested in it. I even flip the channel when previews for it come on. Obviously this is some folks cup of tea, and that's more than cool by me, but it's not for me.

The premise, a man just turned 50, with a wife, a son and another child on the way, is dying and now conflicted over how to provide for them after he's gone is one ordinary people must deal with everyday. What is not ordinary is how the man chose to deal and that is the draw. Over the course of the show we have watched this ordinary man change from mild mannered high school teacher to a hardened criminal. He manufactures drugs, has killed, committed fraud but his focus remains the same. It is the transformation that has kept us transfixed on this show.

For me, part of the attraction was the actor Bryan Cranston. Previoulsy he played the bumbling father on Malcolm In The Middle so it represented a huge change for him. It is similar situation to that guy who was the main character in The Shield who previously played The Commish and the actress who played Peg Bundy now the wife of the head of a motorcycle gang in Sons of Anarchy, playing characters so different from what we had associated them with as to be unrecognizable in the new role.

Curly Bill
7/10/2012, 07:18 AM
I "get" why people watch it, but I just don't like what I consider "dark" shows. This is going to be blasphemous to many, but for that same reason I don't like the Godfather movies.

7/10/2012, 12:19 PM
I "get" why people watch it, but I just don't like what I consider "dark" shows. This is going to be blasphemous to many, but for that same reason I don't like the Godfather movies.

Too bad for you, and what you've missed. I agree with you on the Godfather (and the Sopranos, for that matter) BB is cool to me because of what Walter White came from, and the curiousity of WTF is coming next. Of course, it also appeals because it is so well done. I doubt whether many folks expect you to get interested now, and catch up. If you won't tolerate the violence, this one ain't for you.

Jacie
7/11/2012, 12:32 PM
My guess is this season, Hank gets drawn into it and becomes just as conflicted as Walt and Sky. He wouldn't turn in his brother-in-law knowing it would ruin the lives of his wife's sister and their children would he? And it is not like Hank hasn't already flirted with stepping over the line having bailed out Marie and Hank, while seeing his career advance more on sheer luck than his own wherewithall. As Walt, Skylar and Marie before him, Hank is ripe to break bad.

7/16/2012, 01:26 AM
7-15-12
Well, it's off and running! I have a few questions. 1) Will the people at the salvage yard have any way of identifying or connecting to Walt, Jesse and Mike? 2) a)what was that written on the corner of the laptop the cops got from Gus Fring's office?b) Who was it in the photo they showed in the evidence room that came from Fring's office? 3)Why is Walt so certain they got the job done of messing up the evidence? 4) is Ted's as* grass? How will he bite the dust? 5)Did the IRS get the $600K that Ted was to give them? 6) would Mike be just fine with offing Walt?7) when and how does Hank re-enter the picture?

yermom
7/16/2012, 01:46 AM
Ted signed the paperwork for the IRS, all that needs to happen is his keeping quiet

what they saw in the picture was information about an account in the Caymans

the junkyard guys were a little odd. how did Walt know he could trust them?

7/16/2012, 12:04 PM
Ted signed the paperwork for the IRS, all that needs to happen is his keeping quiet

what they saw in the picture was information about an account in the Caymans

the junkyard guys were a little odd. how did Walt know he could trust them?I've a feeling Walt is about to turn even BADDER. I think Walt will be on Ted like youknowhat. He could even engineer a big "accident" at the salvage yard, too.

7/16/2012, 12:50 PM
Skyler must have gotten an earfull about her weight last season. No telling how much weight she's lost. Also, she actually seems to look more like her on-screen sister Marie, than she used to?

Jacie
7/16/2012, 01:32 PM
If I remember correctly, Ted blew through the cash Skylar gave him to get square with the IRS.

Now that Walt knows how she gave away $600k, she has more reason to be afraid of him.

And it looks like even Mike might be a afraid of Walt now. Sal certainly is.

Poor old Hank is walking around looking like he is in over his head and has been all along.

In the opening sequence, did Walt buy himself an M-60 and whatever for would he need that kind of hardware?

7/16/2012, 01:49 PM
If I remember correctly, Ted blew through the cash Skylar gave him to get square with the IRS.

Now that Walt knows how she gave away $600k, she has more reason to be afraid of him.

Poor old Hank is walking around looking like he is in over his head and has been all along.

In the opening sequence, did Walt buy himself an M-60 and whatever for would he need that kind of hardware?EVERYBODY now has ample reason to be askeert of Walt. He's Heisenberg, and has the confidence of Ben Franklin.

Hank has the surveillance cameras on his mind, it seems, but it's unlikely that will help him, now.

Ted is SO cooked. I'm sure he realizes it. Skyler has to be totally frantic, as well. I have a feeling next show will have a little violence in it.

yermom
7/16/2012, 02:26 PM

In the opening sequence, did Walt buy himself an M-60 and whatever for would he need that kind of hardware?

he spent some of it, but was trying to use it to get the business going again and look successful. the thugs went to his house to convince him otherwise, and there was an "act of god" as Saul said. reminded me of Fargo a little.

GDC
7/16/2012, 05:44 PM

He spelled out "52" with his bacon, so that opening sequence was two years later on his birthday. Hard to say what the gun was for, but we now know Walt survives, at least to that point.

soonerhubs
7/16/2012, 05:47 PM
I waited until today to post because we watch this show every following Monday.

Holy cow! The confidence of Walt is so powerful! He's certainly getting somewhat of a god complex, and it's intriguing!

7/16/2012, 07:17 PM
I waited until today to post because we watch this show every following Monday.

Holy cow! The confidence of Walt is so powerful! He's certainly getting somewhat of a god complex, and it's intriguing!He certainly didn't seem very worried about Mike blowing him away in the middle of nowhere, out on the Mexican desert.

7/22/2012, 04:59 PM
Testing one, two three...I am believing this website is working again. Well, the show is on again tonight, 2nd episode of the season.(Longmire is too. I completely forgot about that show last Sunday) I'll try to catch both shows tonight.

I predict Walt will take down at least one person tonight, and will make an attempt at making/distributing drugs, or at least acquiring some for resale, in this episode.

7/23/2012, 01:16 AM
Poor Saul, he just wants to be over with all this crap, and it's not anywhere near close. SO many questions and developments in this episode!

Jacie
7/23/2012, 07:34 AM
So wanted to see Mike waste the b*tch . . .

7/23/2012, 12:15 PM
So wanted to see Mike waste the b*tch . . .She's a good addition to the list of sleezeballs in this show. Somebody else to be worried about.

yermom
7/23/2012, 12:17 PM
Mike is not to be ****ed with.

7/30/2012, 01:15 AM
7-29 show:

Things are SO messed up, I feel like every person in the show now is a big potential for screwing up everything for everybody!

BTW, I wonder if Jesse's 2 buddies that got those rectangular bins for the portable lab realize the seriousness of the danger they are now in. It seems that subject wasn't very well covered in the show.

7/30/2012, 01:03 PM
In the past, Hank was looking hard at Jesse for potential drug making. They can have him return to that quest, and put more heat on Walt and Jesse. That would give Walt even more incentive to want to get rid of Jesse...

Jacie
7/31/2012, 08:07 AM
Get rid of him? Jesse is like a son to Walt. Walt is way beyond being afraid. The person in danger who doesn't know it is Hank. If he even sniffs the Walt-Jesse-Mike operation I think Walt would take him out himself.

The obvious weak link in the chain now is Skylar. Her strength, which helped get the money laundering business started, is gone.

Jess's buddies are okay. An operation that big needs people the primaries trust. Mike was simply appraising them the way he does everyone. Look what he is doing for the guys who worked for him before. If Mike vets em, the only thing they have to fear is the law.

7/31/2012, 10:34 AM
Get rid of him? Jesse is like a son to Walt. Walt is way beyond being afraid. The person in danger who doesn't know it is Hank. If he even sniffs the Walt-Jesse-Mike operation I think Walt would take him out himself.

The obvious weak link in the chain now is Skylar. Her strength, which helped get the money laundering business started, is gone.

Jess's buddies are okay. An operation that big needs people the primaries trust. Mike was simply appraising them the way he does everyone. Look what he is doing for the guys who worked for him before. If Mike vets em, the only thing they have to fear is the law.You are right about Hank. Seems to me just about anybody is a potential hit anymore. (I'm not quite as sold on Jesse's safety as you are) It will be very interesting to see how Skyler behaves now.

jk the sooner fan
8/6/2012, 07:47 AM
Skyler behaved poorly and she is going to be Walt's undoing

great episode last night - a lot of "stuff" going on

Jacie
8/6/2012, 10:50 AM
I can see her point what with hitmen dropping by, Walt cooking meth, building bombs to blow people up, the money laundering scheme and she recognizes that she is in it too. So who can blame her for wanting to shield the kids from all of this? That she is acting erratically does not help her make the case, however, and only serves to give Walt the excuse he needs to have her put away.

Hank trips and manages to fall up the stairs instead of down, lands himself a job that will get him off the case.

And maybe we'll get to see Mike shoot Lydia after all!

GDC
8/6/2012, 12:24 PM
Should have let Skyler drown...

8/6/2012, 12:35 PM
I can see her point what with hitmen dropping by, Walt cooking meth, building bombs to blow people up, the money laundering scheme and she recognizes that she is in it too. So who can blame her for wanting to shield the kids from all of this? That she is acting erratically does not help her make the case, however, and only serves to give Walt the excuse he needs to have her put away.

Hank trips and manages to fall up the stairs instead of down, lands himself a job that will get him off the case.

And maybe we'll get to see Mike shoot Lydia after all!Skyler has a great role here, the gal who's easy to dislike, but you're right, she's caught in a shi*-storm, for sure. She has plenty of reasons to be terrified. I was surprised that Hank was offered to go to El Paso for work, again. Lydia DOES need to go!

8/11/2012, 11:39 PM
Who dies on 8-12-12?

I'm calling for Lydia, but I don't feel real strong about it. She's quirky and interesting enough that they might want to string her along. Also, she is the only known person who can get the Methlomine for cooking the blue Meth.

SCOUT
8/12/2012, 01:31 AM
If we were voting to decide, I vote for Skylar.

cleller
8/12/2012, 08:25 AM
It seems a little TOO clear that Mike should have hit Lydia. So obvious. Lydia is a mess, Jesse is traumatized by all the killing and has lost his nerve, and Walt has an absolute power syndrome going on. Just foreshadowing the inevitable fall of the empire. A little sad. I just hope when its all in ashes Sol walks away. Mike, too, but that seems a long shot.

My wife has an interesting theory on Skylar's future plans.

Oh, on the Hank promotion, I thought Hank was staying, and the other guy going to El Paso....

8/12/2012, 12:14 PM
It seems a little TOO clear that Mike should have hit Lydia. So obvious. Lydia is a mess, Jesse is traumatized by all the killing and has lost his nerve, and Walt has an absolute power syndrome going on. Just foreshadowing the inevitable fall of the empire. A little sad. I just hope when its all in ashes Sol walks away. Mike, too, but that seems a long shot.

My wife has an interesting theory on Skylar's future plans.

Oh, on the Hank promotion, I thought Hank was staying, and the other guy going to El Paso....Interesting that you(we) seem to like Mike and Saul! They have done some very criminal things on the show. All have broken bad, with the possible exception of Hank.

yermom
8/12/2012, 01:29 PM
Hank was certainly off the reservation with some of the stuff he was doing to catch Heisenberg/Fring

he was in a strange place for a while

Mike just has a different set of rules he goes by.

Saul is shady, but knew he was lucky to have survived and was ready to get out. Walt wasn't having it though.

jk the sooner fan
8/12/2012, 07:58 PM
this series is famous for foreshadowing - when the ASAC announced he was stepping down - because Fring was "right under his nose the whole time"......makes me wonder if Hank wont give that comment some thought later on this season

8/12/2012, 11:45 PM
this series is famous for foreshadowing - when the ASAC announced he was stepping down - because Fring was "right under his nose the whole time"......makes me wonder if Hank wont give that comment some thought later on this seasonI think Hank even commented about the ASAC's saying he was missing Fring as a suspect. It lead me to believe Hank MIGHT be thinking about Walt's involvement again. It starts in 15 minutes!

8/13/2012, 12:33 AM
Holy WOW! Walt is REALLY BAD, ain't he? and fearless, wiring up Hank's office and all! And, Jesse's developing some brains!

jk the sooner fan
8/13/2012, 08:43 AM
stupid kid.....

Jacie
8/13/2012, 08:06 PM
I think Jesse is going to lose it over this.

8/13/2012, 11:44 PM
I think Jesse is going to lose it over this.What do you think SHOULD HAVE been done about the kid?

8/14/2012, 12:32 AM
Here's a bunch of interesting comments from folks who joined in on the AMC web page:
http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/sneak-peek-episode-506-breaking-bad-buyout

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2012, 01:20 AM
What do you think SHOULD HAVE been done about the kid?

Nothing. The kid wasn't there for the entire train robbery. He pulled up right at the end. The kid didn't have the slightest clue what was going on. They should have just acted cool and the kid likely would never have thought a thing of it.

8/14/2012, 01:26 AM
Nothing. The kid wasn't there for the entire train robbery. He pulled up right at the end. The kid didn't have the slightest clue what was going on. They should have just acted cool and the kid likely would never have thought a thing of it.That's what we THINK happened, isn't it? I believe that's what our 4 robbers prolly thought, too. BUT, nothing is certain...

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2012, 02:07 AM
That dude that shot him is Landry from FNL.

jk the sooner fan
8/14/2012, 10:34 AM
Nothing. The kid wasn't there for the entire train robbery. He pulled up right at the end. The kid didn't have the slightest clue what was going on. They should have just acted cool and the kid likely would never have thought a thing of it.

well i think thats what the producers want you to think - but there was also a great deal of uncertainty on the part of Walt, Jesse, etc on how long he was there or how much he actually saw

8/14/2012, 12:57 PM
That dude that shot him is Landry from FNL.Tom Landry of Football National League...why, THAT'S RIGHT!

yermom
8/14/2012, 02:02 PM
i'm assuming Friday Night Lights

Landry seems like a believable name for a kid from Texas that plays football (or New Mexico, i guess)

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2012, 04:14 PM
Aye, Friday Night Lights.

cleller
8/15/2012, 08:00 AM
Spoiler Alert:

I did not like that ending, but it did fit with the way the show has progressed. Just as I was thinking their new recruit (Todd?) was a pretty cool customer, he does something unbelievable stupid. That desert is going to be crawling with people searching within hours. Not time enough to remove their work.
The only logical option is to take the kid and bike somewhere he will quickly be found, but I bet they don't do it. Shoot, what if he's still alive? Even more hysteria, and worse outcome.

Frustrating as heck.

jk the sooner fan
8/15/2012, 09:06 AM
if they shot the kid they sure as heck are going to dispose of the body

i cant imagine a scenario where they dont

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2012, 09:17 AM

Walt would never let a loose end like leaving the body of a small body who was shot in the middle of the desert.

Jesse is going to flip the hell out though. He's sentimental about this kind of thing. Just as Jesse finally becomes somewhat mentally stable, something like this happens that sends him over the edge.

yermom
8/15/2012, 11:04 AM
i'm thinking there is likely going to me more gunplay in the next few minutes of show time. they'll likely be digging two holes

jk the sooner fan
8/15/2012, 12:57 PM
yep and i think Skyler is going to fill one of them

8/15/2012, 02:15 PM
yep and i think Skyler is going to fill one of themShe WILL come unglued(again) when she finds out about the murdered boy.

cleller
8/15/2012, 03:28 PM

I think they should move him somewhere he will be found fast. If he disappears, there will be searchers combing that desert for days. No way to get their buried tanks emptied or moved, and the site put back to normal. They're already had heavy equipment in there, hard to erase all signs or that. If they move him somewhere else, where he is found quickly, the investigation with focus there, and not where Walt, Jesse and company were at work.
Further, if he is found near the location that the dump truck was stalled, you've got two more potential witnesses in the train crew.

Lastly, this IS a young boy after all. Jesse certainly and even Walt probably would not want him dumped into a shallow grave in the desert.

Maybe move the boy, if he is indeed dead. a couple miles away, and set up a decoy amateur looking meth lab that he may have stumbled onto?
I'm beginning to think the boy is not dead, that would really be impossible to deal with.

achiro
8/15/2012, 04:10 PM
I thought the preview for next week showed them burying the kid?

cleller
8/15/2012, 07:24 PM
I thought the preview for next week showed them burying the kid?

Ah, I have Dish Network, which dropped AMC, so now I have to buy the episodes from Amazon. No previews. Dang, all that work I put into my hypothesis.

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2012, 07:27 PM
Ah, I have Dish Network, which dropped AMC, so now I have to buy the episodes from Amazon. No previews. Dang, all that work I put into my hypothesis.
Torrents can be your bestfriend.

cleller
8/16/2012, 08:35 AM
Torrents can be your bestfriend.

A few years ago I tried some of that, but found it too slow and unreliable. Maybe its changed. Also thought viruses got passed that way.

Kinda forgot how to do it now, too.

soonerhubs
8/16/2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izXVSSyyW1Q

8/16/2012, 12:51 PM
Oh that Walter...he's so BAD!

Jacie
8/16/2012, 08:38 PM
I think they should move him somewhere he will be found fast. If he disappears, there will be searchers combing that desert for days. No way to get their buried tanks emptied or moved, and the site put back to normal. They're already had heavy equipment in there, hard to erase all signs or that. If they move him somewhere else, where he is found quickly, the investigation with focus there, and not where Walt, Jesse and company were at work.
Further, if he is found near the location that the dump truck was stalled, you've got two more potential witnesses in the train crew.

Lastly, this IS a young boy after all. Jesse certainly and even Walt probably would not want him dumped into a shallow grave in the desert.

Maybe move the boy, if he is indeed dead. a couple miles away, and set up a decoy amateur looking meth lab that he may have stumbled onto?
I'm beginning to think the boy is not dead, that would really be impossible to deal with.

It is somewhat disturbing that you so readily think of these details . . . almost as if . . . naw, no way you've done this before.

cleller
8/17/2012, 02:13 PM
It is somewhat disturbing that you so readily think of these details . . . almost as if . . . naw, no way you've done this before.

I took a course in elementary Arthur Conan Doyle thinking.

jk the sooner fan
8/17/2012, 02:50 PM
I took a course in elementary Arthur Conan Doyle thinking.

i think the character development on this show is on par with the Sopranos - having said that - i think its also easy to speculate about what will happen - or could happen with any of these characters - simply because of how the writers have laid out the last 4 seasons

8/18/2012, 05:52 AM
well i think thats what the producers want you to think - but there was also a great deal of uncertainty on the part of Walt, Jesse, etc on how long he was there or how much he actually saw

Another crime scene and that much more law enforcement are on them now. What a great show!

cleller
8/18/2012, 09:00 AM
The way these writers manipulate you into pulling for people doing awful things, then inject some "what goes around" morality at crucial moments is gut wrenching. Not often a TV show can leave you thinking and talking about it all week.

I think Mannix, or Banaby Jones was the show that affected me this way.

jk the sooner fan
8/18/2012, 09:22 AM
there have been a few shows in recent years that featured "likeable *********s".......Dexter was a serial killer that most people like......Tony Soprano, there are others

but your point about the karma morality is spot on

GDC
8/18/2012, 01:24 PM
This show is unique in that Walter has actually changed so much over the course of the entire story. In most series the characters are pretty much the same from the first season to the last.

jk the sooner fan
8/18/2012, 03:31 PM
This show is unique in that Walter has actually changed so much over the course of the entire story. In most series the characters are pretty much the same from the first season to the last.

yeah i dont see Walt as likeable at all......Jesse is another story - and he was the turd in the first season

8/20/2012, 02:22 AM
8-19-12 Episode:

I was looking on the AMC site, and there was a comments section for Breaking Bad, in which someone offered the following, that I thought was pretty interesting:

"Didn't catch this at first but ....
Skyler and Walt PLANNED THAT DINNER WITH JESSE !!!
She (was acting), then did what Walt wanted her to do and left the table at exactly the right time so Walt could work his magic on Jesse.
Walt insisted Jesse stay for dinner so they could play their mind game on his head. Walt's playing on Jesse's sympathy telling him, "Kids are gone .... This business is all I have".
Previews show Walt getting a little stronger with Jesse too ....
Jesse is stuck, and Walt gets what he wants."

jk the sooner fan
8/20/2012, 09:54 AM
i'm not sure that i'd agree with that - but who knows

last nights episode left me scratching my head a bit...

8/20/2012, 11:36 AM
i'm not sure that i'd agree with that - but who knows

last nights episode left me scratching my head a bit...I'm not sure about that either, but you gotta believe it's a possible scenario.

jk the sooner fan
8/20/2012, 11:39 AM
well my thoughts from last night were that Jesse has now witnessed first hand that Skyler and Walt dont see eye to eye - whether he is smart enough to translate that into a problem for the team - remains to be seen

if he were to tell Mike there was a problem,i think Mike would take Skyler out in a heartbeat

i didnt think Skyler was acting at all or that it was a put on -i'm not sure what benefit they'd get from that

8/20/2012, 01:50 PM
i didnt think Skyler was acting at all or that it was a put on -i'm not sure what benefit they'd get from thatIt's just something to think about. That's all. We'll prolly never know. Remember that Skyler had told Walt in an earlier episode that she would do ANYTHING he asked, if he would agree to keep the kids away from the house.

yermom
8/20/2012, 02:15 PM
did they ever explain why he left Gray Matter? it certainly seemed like a love triangle thing

his ego is all he has left. how can someone be planning on hundreds of millions of dollars from meth instead of cashing out for a quick five million now? who is he going to impress with his meth empire at the end? it's not like he's going to have enough time to spend that much money, most likely.

8/20/2012, 02:29 PM
did they ever explain why he left Gray Matter? it certainly seemed like a love triangle thing

his ego is all he has left. how can someone be planning on hundreds of millions of dollars from meth instead of cashing out for a quick five million now? who is he going to impress with his meth empire at the end? it's not like he's going to have enough time to spend that much money, most likely.He wants to WIN! That is, beat his former buddies and business partners at empire building. I don't hink he cares much how it's done, or how many lives have been ruined, or even the murders. Walt has done broke bad!

jk the sooner fan
8/20/2012, 02:29 PM
what season was that whole Gray Matter in - 2? i was kind of surprised that came up again

8/20/2012, 02:38 PM
what season was that whole Gray Matter in - 2? i was kind of surprised that came up againYes, early in the series, prolly 2nd season.

8/20/2012, 07:12 PM
Yeah, he was not far into his diagnosis being public.

Jacie
8/21/2012, 02:13 PM
Walt is fearless in the way only a man who is already staring Death in the face can be. Twice this season Mike has had a gun pointed at Walt ready to shoot him dead and Walt was cool as a cucumber.

As for hanging on instead of selling out, certainly it would be the best thing for Jesse and Mike but Walt done passed the point of caring. He has lost everything he cared about before he got into the business. The business is all he has left so why not go for $300 million instead of a measly 5? Heck, a kid died so they make could that kind of money, might as well make it mean something.

jk the sooner fan
8/21/2012, 02:38 PM
moral relativism is alive and well!

yermom
8/21/2012, 03:06 PM
well, looking back, you know Walt isn't going to flinch on that kid. after Lily of the Valley, and Jesse's junkie girlfriend, he has not exactly shown too much concern for human life, even kids. he's come a long way from killing the dude that crashed through Jesse's bathtub

8/21/2012, 03:10 PM
Well, the previews showed Walt meeting with Decklan out in the desert, so the cooking presumably goes on. I'm looking forward(kinda) to Skyler's coming unhinged upon finding out about the 14 yr old boy who was killed by the star's team. Also, WTHeck will Todd do next?!?!?

yermom
8/21/2012, 03:34 PM
some of us don't watch previews

cleller
8/22/2012, 09:12 AM
Well, the previews showed Walt meeting with Decklan out in the desert, so the cooking presumably goes on. I'm looking forward(kinda) to Skyler's coming unhinged upon finding out about the 14 yr old boy who was killed by the star's team. Also, WTHeck will Todd do next?!?!?

Ah, the previews for the non-Dish privileged again. So that may partially explain Walt's plan. Maybe he's going to contract with the Decklan guy somehow, getting the money fronted for Mike and Jesse? Doesn't quite fit with Walt's empire plan, though. He's got to be at the top now.

I guess Walt could pitch it like "You are now MY customer." Buy out my partners and divide the profits someway.

8/23/2012, 02:22 PM
Ah, the previews for the non-Dish privileged again. So that may partially explain Walt's plan. Maybe he's going to contract with the Decklan guy somehow, getting the money fronted for Mike and Jesse? Doesn't quite fit with Walt's empire plan, though. He's got to be at the top now.

I guess Walt could pitch it like "You are now MY customer." Buy out my partners and divide the profits someway.The big question is "what's his plan". If he gets tied in with someone else, he's a potential for being killed by them, too. It gets darker and badder.

8/23/2012, 02:24 PM
The big question is "what's his plan". If he gets tied in with someone else, he's a potential for being killed by them, too. It gets darker and badder.That is, he signs on with perpetual production of blue meth, or better, and can't leave or disrupt the business, or he's in big trouble.

cleller
8/23/2012, 02:47 PM
One thing he does have going for him is the expertise of the blue meth, which right now is his lifeline.

8/23/2012, 02:59 PM
One thing he does have going for him is the expertise of the blue meth, which right now is his lifeline.so does Jesse!!!!!!!!

GDC
8/23/2012, 06:18 PM
I'm guessing that in this season's first episode flash forward, Walt is getting geared up to take on the Phoenix crew.

Phil
8/27/2012, 01:08 AM
RIP Mike. Damn.

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2012, 06:29 AM
yeah that was a helluva an episode.....did not see that coming at all

8/27/2012, 11:36 AM
Mike WAS a likeable scoundrel. So, I guess Walt is now going to dispatch the 9 guys in prison, after he gets their names from Lydia?(maybe add the lawyer who just got arrested at the safe deposit box vault.)

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2012, 11:40 AM
i think chasing down Mike's 9 will be Walt's final undoing

he's still herding cats - and the herd just got A LOT bigger

8/27/2012, 11:47 AM
i think chasing down Mike's 9 will be Walt's final undoing

he's still herding cats - and the herd just got A LOT biggerNext season will be wild for sure. Could be some or all of the 9, or 10 now, don't know about him, and that would provide some cover. And...he's Heisenberg! He's achieved a tremendous amount, and escaped death.

yermom
8/27/2012, 12:18 PM
there is no "next season"!

i figured as soon as they showed Walt opening Mike's bag and seeing the gun, that it wasn't going to end well for Mike

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2012, 12:23 PM
there's one more show - and then the second half of season 2 starts after the new year - it's like having 2 mini seasons.......sort of like the Sopranos

8/27/2012, 12:32 PM
there is no "next season"!

i figured as soon as they showed Walt opening Mike's bag and seeing the gun, that it wasn't going to end well for MikeIf you wanna be unctious you could say there's no next season...or, you could accept that this season is but 8 episodes long. Call it 5A if you want.

achiro
8/27/2012, 12:38 PM
there's one more show - and then the second half of season 2 starts after the new year - it's like having 2 mini seasons.......sort of like the Sopranos

If you wanna be unctious you could say there's no next season...or, you could accept that this season is but 8 episodes long. Call it 5A if you want.
All I know is that it sucks that this batch of shows is already over after Sunday. It feels like it barely got started up again.

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2012, 12:46 PM
All I know is that it sucks that this batch of shows is already over after Sunday. It feels like it barely got started up again.

+1

yermom
8/27/2012, 01:47 PM

i didn't realize that... it's like Lost :(

SapulpaSooner
8/27/2012, 06:23 PM
I think Mike was going give up Walters name to hank because between Hank and Walter they were both pissing mike off. If they would've caught mike and interrogate him he would've said to Hank hey dumbass your brother-in-law is Heisenberg

cleller
8/29/2012, 08:11 AM
I thought it was good the way Walt was Mr Big Tuff Guy at the start with all the "say my name" bravado, then at the end his true colors showed. He flinched in the showdown with Mike, then acted like a rash, insecure goof.

We all know terrible stuff has to happen, but still (like suckers) hoped all would turn out OK for Mike. Now I'm worried for Saul. Maybe he'll be the one person oily enough to slip thru.

SapulpaSooner
9/2/2012, 10:08 PM
W W you got me. You can fool hank once Heisenberg but not twice

jk the sooner fan
9/2/2012, 10:10 PM
holy crap - was not expecting that ending

9/3/2012, 01:35 AM
W W you got me. You can fool hank once Heisenberg but not twiceIt wasn't smart of Walt to have ANYTHING that was from Fring. Hank had to wonder where Walt got that book of poetry. (I don't believe Hank gave it to him, did he?)

jk the sooner fan
9/3/2012, 07:45 AM
that book was not from Fring - it was from the chemist that they killed - gale boetticher

jk the sooner fan
9/3/2012, 07:55 AM
dont read this article if you havent seen last nights episode

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maureen-ryan/breaking-bad-finale_b_1851214.html

9/3/2012, 12:58 PM
Given that Walt knew Hank had discovered some potential evidence from Gale's residence, or at least something of curiosity, the info about WW from Gale, that Walt associated with Walt Whitman when talking with Hank about it, it remains a mystery how Walt could have kept the Leaves of Grass around the house.

9/3/2012, 01:08 PM
Given that Walt knew Hank had discovered some potential evidence from Gale's residence, or at least something of curiosity, the info about WW from Gale, that Walt associated with Walt Whitman when talking with Hank about it, it remains a mystery how Walt could have kept the Leaves of Grass around the house. Certainly not a smoking gun, but a new focus of investigation.

SapulpaSooner
9/3/2012, 01:11 PM
Given that Walt knew Hank had discovered some potential evidence from Gale's residence, or at least something of curiosity, the info about WW from Gale, associated with Walt Whitman, it remains a mystery how Walt could have kept the Leaves
of Grass around the house.. Not really think about it Walter wasn't even at home for
a year or so he could've easily forgotten about that book

9/3/2012, 01:14 PM
. Not really think about it Walter wasn't even at home for
a year or so he could've easily forgotten about that bookI would have expected Walt to throw out that book after Gale had been killed, and certainly after Hank talked with Walt about what was found in Gale's residence.

jk the sooner fan
9/3/2012, 03:29 PM
it just goes to show how arrogant Walt is - that he would leave that book laying around

it's been seen in other episodes, on walt's night stand - and in other areas of the house

9/3/2012, 05:24 PM
This comment made by someone from another internet conversation I read:

"Hmm… her name is Gretchen Schwartz. Indeed, Schwartz is “black” auf Deutsch, but would she refer to herself as “GB”? Anyone know this character’s maiden name?

Todd has been taking detailed notes, and his loyalty is to his uncle, not Walt. I think the big gun is for the well-armed white supremacists, who (along with Todd) decide Walt needs to go."

People were saying Walt got the book from Gretchen Schwartz, from the Gray Matter connection. Walt could have just spaced about that book, if its origin was not really noted by him. IOW, the content of the book forgotten about.

jk the sooner fan
9/3/2012, 06:02 PM
dude, - GB is Gale Boetticher - the chemist that helped Walt in the lab - the chemist that Jessie murdered with a gunshot to the temple

do you even watch this show?

When Hank was talking to Walt a couple of seasons ago about the writings found in Gale's book - he mentioned a W.W. and Hank asked who he thought that meant - Walt's famous "you got me" - then he says Walt Whitman

the inscription in the book said 'it was an honor to work with you"....

9/3/2012, 06:18 PM
dude, - GB is Gale Boetticher - the chemist that helped Walt in the lab - the chemist that Jessie murdered with a gunshot to the temple

do you even watch this show?

When Hank was talking to Walt a couple of seasons ago about the writings found in Gale's book - he mentioned a W.W. and Hank asked who he thought that meant - Walt's famous "you got me" - then he says Walt Whitman

the inscription in the book said 'it was an honor to work with you"....You're precious, and consistent, at least. You have decided that I don't think it's from Gale, for some reason. I'm only pointing out that it's possible it's from Gretchen. I never said it was likely, but found the comment interesting. Maybe even something you might have found interesting, if you weren't such a hateful guy. Are you still hanging out on that other board, as well?

and to think, I was about to commend you for appearing not to be such an angry loose cannon lately.

jk the sooner fan
9/3/2012, 07:45 PM
oh geez, was i really that close to a commendation from you? boohoo

it cant be from Gretchen, it doesnt even make sense and isnt remotely consistent with past episodes

Jacie
9/4/2012, 08:50 AM
Once again, Hank through dumb luck, gets a break. By my count, this blind pig has found four acorns so far? (Coming up on an angry Tuco who is armed with an M16 and killing him, surviving the bomb blast that killed the rest of the DEA agents, besting the Twins and now this).

My long-range story prediction, Hank will end up killing Walt.

Has any casino posted odds on the survival to the end of the series for the remaining characters?

jk the sooner fan
9/4/2012, 09:26 AM
i cant imagine a scenario where Walt beats the DEA - whether its represented singularly by Hank - or an army of agents....that said, i also cant see where they end the show without Walt taking a few characters down with the ship

my original thoughts before the ending was that Skyler was going to be his main antagonist - but that's changed now. The show will likely become a spin off of The Fugitive

i'm racking my brain trying to figure out what Hank's next step is.....if he goes right to the DEA management with this news - he risks the same fate of his former boss for being shown the door because Fring was "right under his nose the whole time".....well hell, Hank and Walt are related - they break bread together, etc etc...the relationship is even worse in the eyes of the DEA than the one was with Fring and the former ASAC

so does Hank address it directly with Walt - putting Walt on the run? all sort of scenarios are likely - can't wait to see how it plays out

yermom
9/4/2012, 11:17 AM
i think Hank has to start watching Walt now, off the record

would Walt go as far as taking Hank out if it comes down to it?

what would Hank see if he starts watching him now?

you could tell the episode was building to something. something had to go wrong. Walt can't just make a clean break from that world. someone is going to drag him back in and Hank is going to be there to watch.

can Walt convince him he was only cooking? does Hank know that Heisenberg is the boss now? i think if he thinks he was only cooking for Fring and to pay for cancer, etc... he might look the other way. if he figures out the truth, it's on.

9/4/2012, 01:21 PM
i think Hank has to start watching Walt now, off the record

would Walt go as far as taking Hank out if it comes down to it?

what would Hank see if he starts watching him now?

you could tell the episode was building to something. something had to go wrong. Walt can't just make a clean break from that world. someone is going to drag him back in and Hank is going to be there to watch.

can Walt convince him he was only cooking? does Hank know that Heisenberg is the boss now? i think if he thinks he was only cooking for Fring and to pay for cancer, etc... he might look the other way. if he figures out the truth, it's on.As long as there are folks out there still guilty and unapprehended, there are possibilities of illegal drug activity and murder. Todd, Jesse, Jesse's uncle and cohorts, Lydia, the exterminators, the auto salvage yard, and the Phoenix drug operation. Maybe more?

Jacie
9/4/2012, 01:35 PM
The snizz is, Skylar is in it up to her neck, too. Once Hank uncovers everything, is he going to turn in half his family? He stands to lose Marie if he busts her sister and Hank Jr. as well. Now Hank must become complicit.

SapulpaSooner
9/4/2012, 03:05 PM
Hank needed treatments because of Walter. Hank will go after walter with force and has evey right to be pissed

9/4/2012, 03:05 PM
The snizz is... Now Hank must become complicit.haha. wouldn't that be something!

jk the sooner fan
9/4/2012, 03:15 PM
Hank needed treatments because of Walter. Hank will go after walter with force and has evey right to be pissed

this - he's realizing that all the crap he went thru - physically and professionally - is because of Walt - i dont see him ignoring it in any way

SapulpaSooner
9/6/2012, 10:47 AM
Now hank can put the pieces together the 2nd cell phone the gambling Money the car wish the two new cars and walts wife going nuts

yermom
9/6/2012, 11:03 AM
he was getting a little loose with the ego stuff when Hank was talking about Heisenberg in the past as well

it's not like he doesn't know he knows the **** out of chemistry

Jacie
9/7/2012, 07:30 AM
Now hank can put the pieces together the 2nd cell phone the gambling Money the car wish the two new cars and walts wife going nuts

It's not like Hank has not had the pieces of the puzzle in front of him already. The clues have been all over the place but, in his defense, it simply never occurred to him that his own brother-in-law could be a involved in the manufacture of crystal meth. Still, about all Walt has not done is jump up and down in front of Hank yelling, "I'm Heisenberg!" and you have to wonder if that would have been enough.

Hank's story from here on out will be, what does he do now that he knows?

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2012, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately, we won't know for another year. The next episode isn't due to air until next summer.

jk the sooner fan
9/7/2012, 12:47 PM
It's not like Hank has not had the pieces of the puzzle in front of him already. The clues have been all over the place but, in his defense, it simply never occurred to him that his own brother-in-law could be a involved in the manufacture of crystal meth. Still, about all Walt has not done is jump up and down in front of Hank yelling, "I'm Heisenberg!" and you have to wonder if that would have been enough.

Hank's story from here on out will be, what does he do now that he knows?

yep - he has to be really careful how he goes about this

you know - it just dawned on me that Hank has been told by his boss to lay off the Heisenberg case....only because of his doggedness did he start tailing Ermantrout's lawyer to circumvent his supervisors directive

now he's got an out at work - he can ignore the heisenberg case - and pursue Walt personally on his own dime/time

9/7/2012, 01:35 PM
The boss said specifically to not do any more surveillance of Ermentrout. Hank then pursued surveillance on the lawyer that represented one or more of the guys in jail that they had apprehended in the Fring case. (who were later executed by Walt's hitmen in jail)

But yes, Hank has to deal with all thinking he too looked stupid or negligent if he prosecutes his BIL Walt. He prolly CAN become complicit, if he wants.

WA. Sooner
9/7/2012, 03:41 PM
Has to watch out because his wife took drug money to pay for hanks medical needs. That would cast a shadow on hank and his wife

9/7/2012, 06:49 PM
Has to watch out because his wife took drug money to pay for hanks medical needs. That would cast a shadow on hank and his wifeTrue, although she & Hank both thought it was gambling money.

SapulpaSooner
9/9/2012, 01:28 PM
W W you got me

cleller
9/12/2012, 09:00 AM
W W you got me

Yeah, I read one analysis that Walt is so big headed he keeps the book around out of arrogance. But putting the thing in the bathroom when you have a DEA agent for a brother-in-law? A pretty big reach, not worthy of the rest of the show.

We had to get to this stage somehow, I guess.

Jacie
9/12/2012, 09:27 PM
If you were Walt (with his ego) and your brother-in-law was Hank, you'd figure the guy couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the T so leaving the book lying around was no big deal.

jk the sooner fan
9/12/2012, 09:46 PM
If you were Walt (with his ego) and your brother-in-law was Hank, you'd figure the guy couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the T so leaving the book lying around was no big deal.

yeah i tend to agree with this - Walt toyed with - and used Hank relentlessly - duped him on several occasions

the embarrassment he could create for Hank....not good

SapulpaSooner
9/13/2012, 09:20 PM
Look here's the thing about the book with everything that's been going on Walt could have easily forgot about the book and he may not have seen the page that Hank seen hank needs to play this really cool he can't afford to lose his temper like he did with Jessie

9/14/2012, 12:19 AM
Look here's the thing about the book with everything that's been going on Walt could have easily forgot about the book and he may not have seen the page that Hank seen hank needs to play this really cool he can't afford to lose his temper like he did with JessieWe don't know who put the book in the bathroom, nor how long it had been in there. So, we don't know for sure if Walt even knew it was there.

jk the sooner fan
9/14/2012, 06:44 AM
do you really think Skyler is reading Walt Whitman poetry while taking a dump???

9/14/2012, 12:49 PM
do you really think Skyler is reading Walt Whitman poetry while taking a dump???Go on

sooneron
9/14/2012, 09:19 PM
Srsly?

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2012, 09:28 PM
This is utterly absurd. His lab assistant was a fan of 'Leaves of Grass' so clearly the book was from him. It boggles my mind the **** some of you people come up with.

9/14/2012, 10:35 PM
This is utterly absurd. His lab assistant was a fan of 'Leaves of Grass' so clearly the book was from him. It boggles my mind the **** some of you people come up with.Looks like you're needing to read through the thread again.

SCOUT
9/14/2012, 10:43 PM
I think rosebud was the name of his sled.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/14/2012, 11:10 PM
Not reading this thread. I'm way behind the curve. Just starting on season 4 tonight.

SapulpaSooner
9/18/2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4D1ogavjk OMG it was Willy Wonka and George bush all this time

9/18/2012, 03:00 PM
OMG it was Willy Wonka and George bush all this timeWOW! you have proven that George Bush AND Hank in BB are RILLY RILLY STEWPID! Superb post!

SapulpaSooner
9/20/2012, 03:15 PM
Breaking Bad - Mentos Commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQG5_rR4hog&feature=related

9/20/2012, 03:36 PM
Breaking Bad - Mentos Commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQG5_rR4hog&feature=relatedGreat find, srsly. I clicked on the Breaking Bad bowling video too, after watching the mentos one. Betsy Brant is hawt fershure.

SapulpaSooner
9/20/2012, 08:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFClc7pe2KA where is it

9/21/2012, 01:00 AM
You gots the blue stuff?

jk the sooner fan
9/23/2012, 08:09 PM
Saw Aaron Paul interviewed on the Emmy's red carpet tonight and he said the show was going to get 'a lot darker' and would not have a fairy tale ending

Jacie
9/26/2012, 07:17 AM
Saw Aaron Paul interviewed on the Emmy's red carpet tonight and he said the show was going to get 'a lot darker' and would not have a fairy tale ending

If it gets any darker they won't be able to show it at all and as for the ending, we knew from episode 1 this show was not going to end well for any of the major characters.

jk the sooner fan
9/26/2012, 07:29 AM
well the first season - Walt was likeable, even thru season 2 as he was just a hapless/extremely lucky sap

now he's turned pure evil...no redeeming qualities to speak of

cleller
9/26/2012, 07:45 AM
Want to speculate on Walt's demise? Someone mentioned the new kid's prison ties might boomerang on Walt.

My guess is he makes it to the top of his ladder, being the meth king, then one of his new low level enforcers or a common street thug kills him for some negligible reason.

jk the sooner fan
9/26/2012, 08:07 AM
yeah i tend to agree - i think he'll die a rather inglorious death

who it comes from - no clue...the writers will do it with a major twist, i'm sure of that!

if i had to go to vegas on who puts him in the ground - i'd go with Jesse

jk the sooner fan
9/26/2012, 08:08 AM
or maybe Skyler???

SapulpaSooner
9/26/2012, 11:48 AM
My money is on hank

Jacie
9/26/2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I think it has to be Hank but the consequences are too grim to consider.

yermom
9/26/2012, 05:19 PM
how does Hank prove it?

Hank will go crazy/lose his job/die in the process, and Walt will just let it happen.

9/26/2012, 05:25 PM
Somewhere, Skyler might have a receipt or another record of her rental payments to the self-storage locker. It could be difficult investigating the Whites without either of them knowing about it. Keeping Marie and Walt jr in the dark could be hard, too.

SapulpaSooner
9/29/2012, 03:26 PM
My name is Walter H White to all law enforcement entities this is not an admission of guilt I'm speaking strictly to my family now there are going to be some things. things you come to learn about me in the next few days I just want you to know that No matter how it may look. I did it all for the money bitches

10/12/2012, 09:14 PM
Any other Stern fans out there? This week, Cranston said he has no idea how the show will end. Of course, later he flashed his moobs, confessed cheating on every relationship he has had, confessed to anal, and praised Howard. So who knows how accurate it was.

SapulpaSooner
12/9/2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLsfj0RgaVo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SapulpaSooner
12/13/2012, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY5pxc__UJE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SapulpaSooner
7/20/2013, 02:18 PM
Three weeks to go it is going to be crazy Awesome

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2013, 04:18 PM
i watched some reruns on AMC last night - the episode where Walt goes to Jesse when he's all strung out on heroin with the girl - he's trying to wake Jesse up - who's out of it and non-responsive

then the girl starts choking on her own vomit - he thinks about saving her but knows she's a problem - he stands there and watches her die

so cold that Walt

sooneron
7/21/2013, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY5pxc__UJE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

HOLY ****!! That is awesome!

SapulpaSooner
7/29/2013, 09:47 PM
13 days to go:cool:

Jacie
7/30/2013, 08:50 AM
i watched some reruns on AMC last night - the episode where Walt goes to Jesse when he's all strung out on heroin with the girl - he's trying to wake Jesse up - who's out of it and non-responsive

then the girl starts choking on her own vomit - he thinks about saving her but knows she's a problem - he stands there and watches her die

so cold that Walt

Letting her die was yet another of Walt's calculated moves. It was the only way he could distract her father to cause the crash of the planes over Albuquerque. This season it will be revealed that a DEA informant with information about Heisenberg was a passenger on one of the planes . . .

jk the sooner fan
7/30/2013, 09:30 AM
Letting her die was yet another of Walt's calculated moves. It was the only way he could distract her father to cause the crash of the planes over Albuquerque. This season it will be revealed that a DEA informant with information about Heisenberg was a passenger on one of the planes . . .

well the girl was starting to black mail Walt for money -it was a quick fix to a dirty problem

7/30/2013, 02:17 PM
Letting her die was yet another of Walt's calculated moves. It was the only way he could distract her father to cause the crash of the planes over Albuquerque. This season it will be revealed that a DEA informant with information about Heisenberg was a passenger on one of the planes . . .haha

8timechamps
7/30/2013, 07:04 PM
I am late to the party.

I decided to start watching Breaking Bad about a month ago, and last weekend ended up watching almost 3 seasons on NetFlix (yeah, waste of an entire weekend...but so worth it).

I can't imagine how much darker the series can go.

jk the sooner fan
7/30/2013, 08:56 PM
I am late to the party.

I decided to start watching Breaking Bad about a month ago, and last weekend ended up watching almost 3 seasons on NetFlix (yeah, waste of an entire weekend...but so worth it).

sooooooooo much darker

keep watching!

SanJoaquinSooner
7/30/2013, 09:28 PM
I am late to the party.

Oh man, don't stop. Season 4 is the best.

8timechamps
7/31/2013, 02:43 PM
Oh man, don't stop. Season 4 is the best.

I'm hooked, there is no stopping now.

I'm trying to get all of them in before the series starts up again for the final run. I don't think I'll make it, but with the magic of my DVR, I'll be in good shape.

The change in Walt from season one to now (the start of season four) is incredible. I think since I've watched the episodes so close together, it's even more apparent.

SapulpaSooner
8/4/2013, 08:05 PM
11 months of Waiting comes down to one week. Cannot wait to see what hanks does now. He will not be happy with W. W. AKA Heisenberg SHOULD ALSO BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW WALTER JUNIOR AND MARIE REACT TO THE NEWS

8/5/2013, 12:16 AM
I'm looking forward to their dealing with that HUMONGOUS pile of money in that storage room.

jk the sooner fan
8/5/2013, 06:09 AM
the first half of season 5 is now on netflix - for those of you trying to catch up

SapulpaSooner
8/7/2013, 06:26 PM
3 days to go

SanJoaquinSooner
8/7/2013, 08:32 PM
3 days to go

Don't you mean four days to go?

8/7/2013, 08:44 PM
Don't you mean four days to go?by the time he answers, he'll be able to honestly answer no.

SapulpaSooner
8/8/2013, 06:34 PM
Say my name

SanJoaquinSooner
8/9/2013, 05:49 PM
Who is rooting for Hank? Do you think he is the hero/protagonist of the show?

8timechamps
8/9/2013, 06:12 PM
Who is rooting for Hank? Do you think he is the hero/protagonist of the show?

I like Hank. But he can't get his **** together long enough to be the hero.

8/9/2013, 07:54 PM
2 days, bitches!

SapulpaSooner
8/9/2013, 08:52 PM
Roll me further, bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2uubirwWGo&feature=youtu.be

SapulpaSooner
8/10/2013, 03:24 PM
1 day yeah bitch

8/10/2013, 03:39 PM
Hell on Wheels season premiere tonight (2 hours show), also on AMC.

SapulpaSooner
8/10/2013, 03:57 PM
D E A AGENT brother-in-law on your case better call Saul

8/10/2013, 04:08 PM
Walt could snuff Hank, and make it look like an accident. Sorta surprised he hasn't yet done that.

8timechamps
8/10/2013, 05:10 PM
Finally caught up (just in time).

Prior to watching the fourth season (and knowing that it was going to be ending), I could see how they were going to tie up some of the storylines. Now, I don't have a clue.

Part of me thinks that Walt walks away, Hank never realizes, and it ends. The other part of me (that has witnessed how dark things have gotten) thinks that everyone except Hank Jr gets shot in the head.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/10/2013, 05:50 PM
Spoiler Alert for Season 5, Part 1.

When Walt killed Mike, I wasn't pissed at Walt. I was pissed at the screenwriters.

8/10/2013, 06:46 PM
You mean Walt Jr., no?

SanJoaquinSooner
8/10/2013, 07:29 PM
You mean Walt Jr., no?

Spoiler Alert for Season 5 Part 1.

Walt Jr. didn't kill Mike, Walt did.... unless they're airing a different version in California.

Remember, Walt demanded Mike name names, and he refused -- so Walt shot and killed him.

Mike was a great character and it pissed me off that the writers did that.

Turd_Ferguson
8/10/2013, 08:49 PM
Mike was a great character and it pissed me off that the writers did that.+1

8timechamps
8/10/2013, 08:57 PM
You mean Walt Jr., no?

Yeah, I meant Walt, Jr.

8timechamps
8/10/2013, 09:04 PM
Who has been the best character (other than Walt) to appear?

While I still think Tuco was one of the best, he wasn't on long enough. I may have to say Gus.

SapulpaSooner
8/10/2013, 09:15 PM
Who has been the best character (other than Walt) to appear?

While I still think Tuco was one of the best, he wasn't on long enough. I may have to say Gus. Skyler has been good amost everybody hates her so she must be doing something right

Turd_Ferguson
8/10/2013, 09:16 PM
Skyler has been good amost everybody hates her so she must be something right

I'd like to see her titties...although, I'm afraid she may have bologna nipples.

8/10/2013, 10:08 PM
"bologna nipples."...'splanation,senor.

SapulpaSooner
8/11/2013, 09:50 AM
10 hours to go

SanJoaquinSooner
8/11/2013, 12:56 PM
The HD version is on at 6:00, 8:30, and at 10:30 where I am. Can't decide which one to watch. Probably wait until 8:30.

Low Winter Sun premieres in between those times - about Detroit homicide detectives and the Detroit underworld.

SapulpaSooner
8/11/2013, 06:51 PM
1 hour to go

SanJoaquinSooner
8/11/2013, 07:57 PM
3 minutes to go.

Jacie
8/11/2013, 08:17 PM
Skylar looking good this season.

SapulpaSooner
8/11/2013, 08:23 PM
Hank had not been pissed since he Beat the crap out Of Jesse

Jacie
8/11/2013, 08:26 PM
Why are the pics of Mike blurred?

Turd_Ferguson
8/11/2013, 08:54 PM
Have an A1 day!

8timechamps
8/11/2013, 09:05 PM
HOLY ****!

Hank: "I don't know you..."

Walt: "If that's true, and you don't know me. Then your best course of action might be to tread lightly."

BAM!

SapulpaSooner
8/11/2013, 09:07 PM
It's personal now

8/12/2013, 12:49 AM
Never fails to deliver. Lydia's all haywire, and now she has Skyler on her case, as well as the drug people. Jesse's all loose canon, and is saying "I'm evil, folks". Hank's near sure about Walt. Skyler and Marie have yet to get at each other's throats, but that's sure to happen soon. Bundles of cash landing all over suburban Albuquerque. 7 more hours of drug insanity.

8/12/2013, 12:50 AM
Skylar looking good this season.and Marie, as always.

8/12/2013, 12:53 AM
Hardcore fans don't miss the "Talking Bad" discussion show at the conclusion of the new Detroit cops show, which is right after the Breaking Bad episode of the week.

cleller
8/12/2013, 08:31 AM
HOLY ****!

Hank: "I don't know you..."

Walt: "If that's true, and you don't know me. Then your best course of action might be to tread lightly."

BAM!

I didn't much like that part. After all, Hank is the one that dealt the deathblows when the two bad-*** hitmen came around. Anyway, it didn't ring right for me.

I have a feeling that wrapping things up isn't going to be as entertaining as when the show was expanding every week.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/12/2013, 10:58 AM
Series creator Vince Gilligan will likely opt for a climax that's unexpected yet somehow makes sense. Gilligan told TV critics last month that "I think most folks are going to dig the ending."

hmmmm

SanJoaquinSooner
8/12/2013, 11:00 AM
I didn't much like that part. After all, Hank is the one that dealt the deathblows when the two bad-*** hitmen came around. Anyway, it didn't ring right for me.

I have a feeling that wrapping things up isn't going to be as entertaining as when the show was expanding every week.

Hank did deal deathblows to them, but isn't this situation complicated by the fact that Walt is his brother-in-law?

Jacie
8/12/2013, 11:42 AM
Walt's body count is much higher than Hank's and does not include the times he has dealt with the hard cases when he didn't have to kill anyone. Hank was always the buffoon who fell up the career ladder and only after surviving the turtle bomb and getting shot up came to grips with how dangerous is the job of DEA agent.

Walt is not in danger, Walt is the danger.

8timechamps
8/12/2013, 04:47 PM

I think it speaks to how evil/crazy Walt really has become.

He's so ego driven that it crazy. Even in that situation, where it's clear he's "caught", he couldn't keep his ego in check.

It's just like Mike told him (right before Walt shot him), if he would have just kept his ego in check and his mouth shut, he could have made as much money as he wanted (and it never would have gotten to this point).

Hank see's himself as the "Godfather", and even in the face of guilt he can't help but to flex his muscle.

I actually thought it was an amazing moment in the show.

Hank has been my favorite character pretty much from the start, so the thought that the remaining episodes will have this crazy tension/story-line excites me.

8timechamps
8/12/2013, 04:49 PM
Walt's body count is much higher than Hank's and does not include the times he has dealt with the hard cases when he didn't have to kill anyone. Hank was always the buffoon who fell up the career ladder and only after surviving the turtle bomb and getting shot up came to grips with how dangerous is the job of DEA agent.

Walt is not in danger, Walt is the danger.

Hank is a goofball, no doubt about it. He tries so hard to be "hard", but his anxiety is eating him from the inside out. I think I like Hank so much because as hard as he tries to be a badass (and in some ways he is), he's a big softy that thinks he's the funniest guy in the room.

yermom
8/12/2013, 06:34 PM
Hank has good instincts and really, has come out of a lot of **** as well. i think they are good as adversaries.

the fact that they just can't kill each other makes it so much more complicated. there is a lot at stake in their personal lives. one can't just kill the other and go home like nothing happened.

8timechamps
8/12/2013, 08:35 PM
Hank has good instincts and really, has come out of a lot of **** as well. i think they are good as adversaries.

the fact that they just can't kill each other makes it so much more complicated. there is a lot at stake in their personal lives. one can't just kill the other and go home like nothing happened.

I think that relationship is also going to ultimately prevent Hank from busting Walt.

I thought that the White's might end up in witness protection (as it seemed plausible that Walt could make a deal to flip on anyone/everyone), but given the sheer bodycount, I don't think that's even possible.

Then, with the way they did the beginning of the show, and Walk looking like a homeless guy, I have no idea what the hell is going to happen. Also, when he said "hi" to the neighbor, and she looked like she saw a ghost makes me think he may have staged his death. Then there's the whole ricin thing, I have no idea where that's going...

SanJoaquinSooner
8/12/2013, 08:55 PM
I think that relationship is also going to ultimately prevent Hank from busting Walt.

I thought that the White's might end up in witness protection (as it seemed plausible that Walt could make a deal to flip on anyone/everyone), but given the sheer bodycount, I don't think that's even possible.

Then, with the way they did the beginning of the show, and Walk looking like a homeless guy, I have no idea what the hell is going to happen. Also, when he said "hi" to the neighbor, and she looked like she saw a ghost makes me think he may have staged his death. Then there's the whole ricin thing, I have no idea where that's going...

Admit it , 8tc, you don't know much.

8/13/2013, 12:38 PM
They have a discussion of this show's final season over at LT as well. Some interesting observations and predictions. http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?59389-Breaking-Bad-final-season-discussion

8timechamps
8/13/2013, 07:50 PM
Admit it , 8tc, you don't know much.

What?! Let me tell you something...

nevermind, I really don't know ****.

Spray
8/14/2013, 07:27 PM
I love how they shifted Walt's exact moral dilemma that is the basis of the show onto Hank for the final season. Beautiful.

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2013, 07:44 PM
What?! Let me tell you something...

nevermind, I really don't know ****.

I don't think she looked shocked and horrified because he faked his death -- I think she looked shocked and horrified because he's a wanted man. That fence around the house looked like something law enforcement may have put up.

I think she was scared ****less when she saw him because the truth about him is out in the public by that point.

8timechamps
8/14/2013, 08:02 PM
I don't think she looked shocked and horrified because he faked his death -- I think she looked shocked and horrified because he's a wanted man. That fence around the house looked like something law enforcement may have put up.

I think she was scared ****less when she saw him because the truth about him is out in the public by that point.

Could be. The first reaction I had was "she looked like she just saw a ghost", but something happened that caused them to put up a fence around the house.

8/14/2013, 08:09 PM

I think she was scared ****less when she saw him because the truth about him is out in the public by that point.she was fearing for her life. Like you're walking along in rural India, and you look up, and there stands a bengal tiger.

Jacie
8/14/2013, 08:20 PM
The graffiti in the house (HEISENBERG) was the clue that the house was empty because Walt was a wanted man. It also suggests that Skylar is in jail.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/15/2013, 09:39 AM
... Like you're walking along in rural India, and you look up, and there stands a bengal tiger.

I hate when that happens.

8/15/2013, 01:23 PM
I hate when that happens.Dropping your bag of groceries would be inevitable.

SapulpaSooner
8/18/2013, 11:57 AM
Do not forget about Ted he is a wild card

SanJoaquinSooner
8/18/2013, 12:41 PM
Do not forget about Ted he is a wild card

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m746givlZY1qh4zc4o1_500.jpg

8/18/2013, 12:48 PM
Lydia's drug connections, and Tod's prison connections are possible players, too. The remaining episodes are sure to be wild and wooly.

SapulpaSooner
8/18/2013, 06:02 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-24648-Hank-punches-Walt-gif-Breaking-WXzw.gif

SapulpaSooner
8/18/2013, 09:11 PM
That was one of the best episodes of the series so far

8timechamps
8/18/2013, 09:22 PM
That was one of the best episodes of the series so far

Felt like it only lasted 10 minutes!

Turd_Ferguson
8/20/2013, 11:05 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Entertainment/660/371/prep%20h%20cranston%20660.jpg?ve=1

SapulpaSooner
8/21/2013, 10:21 AM
Todd is creepy

8timechamps
8/22/2013, 11:39 PM
I'm telling you...somehow, Todd is going to get the quality of the meth back up to an "acceptable" level, and Hank is going to realize that even though he knows it's Walt, the operation is still alive. Walt is going to agree to rat everyone out in exchange for witness protection.

Or not.

8timechamps
8/22/2013, 11:41 PM
Here's a question:

What (if anything) will Jessie tell Hank? I don't think he'll agree to turn on Walt, but I wonder if he says anything...