PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING BAD Last season

Pages : 1 [2]

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/22/2013, 11:49 PM
I'm telling you...somehow, Todd is going to get the quality of the meth back up to an "acceptable" level, and Hank is going to realize that even though he knows it's Walt, the operation is still alive. Walt is going to agree to rat everyone out in exchange for witness protection.
Or not.Hank has already told Marie about Walt, and Marie sees that Skyler is involved in some way. So, Marie's a loose end, out there twisting in the wind. Also, as Hank has said, how incompetent will he look to the DEA if it's discovered Hank's BIL was the monster Heisenberg all along.

The interrogation of Jesse by Hank will prompt us to ask a new set of questions, fershur.

Jacie
8/24/2013, 09:52 AM
Walt is going to agree to rat everyone out in exchange for witness protection.

Or not.

You saw the house and the reaction of the neighbor lady. It was a crime scene so the law was onto him. Walt was heading for some kind of showdown with that big machine gun. The series cannot possibly end well for Walter White.

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 02:19 PM
Alright, you're both right. Damn, I forgot about Marie and the house being a crime scene (well, didn't really forget about the house, just though maybe it was quarantined and fenced off for demolition).

Plus, I remembered that Hank is planning to talk to his boss after the Jesse interrogation.

But, what I do think is going to happen is this: During the interrogation, Jessie is going to reveal that Walt is the reason Jessie didn't go after Hank (after Hank beat his ***). That's going to create an issue in Hank that keeps him from informing his boss.

8/24/2013, 04:46 PM
But, what I do think is going to happen is this: During the interrogation, Jessie is going to reveal that Walt is the reason Jessie didn't go after Hank (after Hank beat his ***). That's going to create an issue in Hank that keeps him from informing his boss.good point. That could easily happen, and tomorrow we will know. that could save Walt's butt for 5 more episodes, somehow.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/24/2013, 05:27 PM
I don't see how it can end well for anybody except Walt Jr. and the toddler.

Walt and Jessie probably helped destroy a gazillion lives and families with the meth they manufactured. Even if Jessie has remorse over dead people and gives money away, he's still a very bad person.

It's gotta end badly for Skyler too, since she's mastered money laundering.

And it shouldn't end well for Hank because he has been an unlikeable dick for 5 seasons.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2013, 05:59 PM
Where the hell is Walt Jr?

8/24/2013, 11:51 PM
Where the hell is Walt Jr?Clandestinely in process of Breaking Even.

SapulpaSooner
8/25/2013, 09:11 PM
Walter had me so pissed off I was ready to Punch the damn TV

cleller
8/25/2013, 09:16 PM
Well, pretty good tonight, but that whole video confession thing is BS, just a ploy to get you to turn against Walt more easily.

It was ridiculous to ever suggest that Hank would have unpaid medical bills out of his shooting; now they've brought it up a second time. In that type of situation, obviously every cent would have been paid by Uncle Sam plus a handsome workers comp/disability payout to Hank on top of it all.

Nothing at all to point at Hank being involved in any hanky panky, but Walt is living with no visible support, and paying for houses, cars, car washes, etc. A rare instance of having to suspend disbelief for this show.

Phil
8/25/2013, 09:44 PM
It was ridiculous to ever suggest that Hank would have unpaid medical bills out of his shooting; now they've brought it up a second time. In that type of situation, obviously every cent would have been paid by Uncle Sam plus a handsome workers comp/disability payout to Hank on top of it all.

He was suspended for his beatdown on Pinkman when the cousins came for him with the shiny ax. He wasn't on the job. It was limitations on his health insurance that resulted in Walt paying for the extra treatment.

8timechamps
8/25/2013, 10:32 PM
Well, pretty good tonight, but that whole video confession thing is BS, just a ploy to get you to turn against Walt more easily.

Nothing at all to point at Hank being involved in any hanky panky, but Walt is living with no visible support, and paying for houses, cars, car washes, etc. A rare instance of having to suspend disbelief for this show.

Marie said that the specific treatment he needed wasn't covered. That's as real life as it gets, there are plenty of insurance companies that will cover the essential treatment, but won't go the extra mile. So, I didn't give it a second thought after that. Of course I have no real life experience with that kind of situation, so it didn't stand out to me.

I thought about the Hank involvement plot, and here's how I see it; Hank has known now for a while (at least a few days), and he's even been to work (and spoken with his boss) without saying anything. That alone could put some fault on him, and would certainly end his career (as he alluded to). Then there's the "who would you believe" issue. Walt, a cancer ridden high school chemistry teacher, or the guy that knows everything there is to know about the DEA and it's drug enforcement process (as well as every known player in the Meth business). Since there's no hard evidence to put this on Walt, it would take a loooong time (and probably be a longer shot) to even charge Walt. In the meantime, the DEA would be investigating Hank (which would take him off of the case). Hank's ego is the biggest driving force in his life, and there is NO WAY he's going to succumb to that kind of shot to his ego.

EDIT (to add one thing): The one thing that I thought was a little iffy was Jessies quick connection when he saw the cigarettes. He was able to put all the pieces together in a matter of seconds. But, then again, that's been on his mind non-stop, so it's possible.

achiro
8/25/2013, 11:01 PM
I'm a little confused by Jesse's reaction. He knows Brock was poisoned by Lily of the Valley berries and not the Ricin. Why is he having such a huge response? Also didn't he find the vial (fake, but he didn't know) later?

8timechamps
8/25/2013, 11:13 PM
I'm a little confused by Jesse's reaction. He knows Brock was poisoned by Lily of the Valley berries and not the Ricin. Why is he having such a huge response? Also didn't he find the vial (fake, but he didn't know) later?

****!

Now I'm confused.

I forgot that it was the plant that poisoned Brock, not the Ricin. Jessie knows that too, because the doctor's told him that at the hospital. He wouldn't (shouldn't) have any reason to think Walt used Ricin, especially since the only part of that story that was 'dangling' was the cigarette, and Jessie found that in the Roomba (that's what he believes anyway).

Good call.

8/26/2013, 12:21 AM
****!

Now I'm confused.

I forgot that it was the plant that poisoned Brock, not the Ricin. Jessie knows that too, because the doctor's told him that at the hospital. He wouldn't (shouldn't) have any reason to think Walt used Ricin, especially since the only part of that story that was 'dangling' was the cigarette, and Jessie found that in the Roomba (that's what he believes anyway).

Good call.I didn't notice the bag full of money on Jesse, while he stood there waiting for his ride. Did he not take it with him?(guess I have to watch the last part of the show again)

cleller
8/26/2013, 12:48 AM
Marie said that the specific treatment he needed wasn't covered. That's as real life as it gets, there are plenty of insurance companies that will cover the essential treatment, but won't go the extra mile. So, I didn't give it a second thought after that. Of course I have no real life experience with that kind of situation, so it didn't stand out to me.

That's what makes it so unbelievable. It would not be an insurance issue, as it occurred as a result of his employment. The employer, the federal govt, would then be on the hook. Hank's insurance would never even see a bill. Do you really believe Uncle Same would deny Hank any treatment? Never. $170k is small potatoes compared to the worker's comp lawsuits Hank could file, and win.

The first thing the DEA would do in its internal investigation would be to polygraph Hank, which he'd pass. There's also the issue of the meth itself that suddenly appeared when Walt's life turned strange. With Walt's background, he'd been one of the few people in area capable of producing something like that.

Phil
8/26/2013, 07:05 AM
That's what makes it so unbelievable. It would not be an insurance issue, as it occurred as a result of his employment. The employer, the federal govt, would then be on the hook. Hank's insurance would never even see a bill. Do you really believe Uncle Same would deny Hank any treatment? Never. $170k is small potatoes compared to the worker's comp lawsuits Hank could file, and win.

The first thing the DEA would do in its internal investigation would be to polygraph Hank, which he'd pass. There's also the issue of the meth itself that suddenly appeared when Walt's life turned strange. With Walt's background, he'd been one of the few people in area capable of producing something like that.

Again, he was suspended at the time he was attacked. He was not on the job. Workers' comp wouldn't figure into the equation.

cleller
8/26/2013, 08:26 AM
Again, he was suspended at the time he was attacked. He was not on the job. Workers' comp wouldn't figure into the equation.

Didn't remember that. Was it over punching Jesse? Still, he was an employee, and injured due to his job. He'd have been covered unless he had already been fired.

achiro
8/26/2013, 08:33 AM
Didn't remember that. Was it over punching Jesse? Still, he was an employee, and injured due to his job. He'd have been covered unless he had already been fired.

1. You must not have much experience with work comp.
2. You must not have much experience with gubment work comp.
3. Tell the victims of "workplace violence" at Ft Hood that the gubment will do everything to take care of them.

cleller
8/26/2013, 09:01 AM
1. You must not have much experience with work comp.
2. You must not have much experience with gubment work comp.
3. Tell the victims of "workplace violence" at Ft Hood that the gubment will do everything to take care of them.

What I do have lots experience with is working in law enforcement, and I can tell you for certain Hank would have never seen a medical bill under those circumstances.
Over the years I personally had a few injuries, and knew many guys that did. None of us ever saw a bill. The guys I've known that were actually shot were taken care of extremely well, denied nothing.

lubbocksooner
8/26/2013, 10:01 AM
What I do have lots experience with is working in law enforcement, and I can tell you for certain Hank would have never seen a medical bill under those circumstances.
Over the years I personally had a few injuries, and knew many guys that did. None of us ever saw a bill. The guys I've known that were actually shot were taken care of extremely well, denied nothing.

Maybe so but I have seen plenty of the other when dealing with the feds. I have seen several cases where we had send people to a different facility for the feds to pay and outcomes were bad. I think from my experience Hanks situation is possible especially given that he was suspended at the time.

yermom
8/26/2013, 10:13 AM
****!

Now I'm confused.

Good call.

he could have just figured out that he got played with the cigarette thing, but yeah, it's a bit weird that jumped all the way there. i feel like Walt will have to tell him about the girlfriend at some point, but like Jesse himself said, Walt probably has to kill him now

achiro
8/26/2013, 10:13 AM
So this is my speculated end to the series(spoiler alert if you don't like speculation).
Jesse goes in and tries to burn the house, house ends up condemned. Somehow the White family ends up "dead". Hank gets in trouble with the new meth crew, Walt comes back to save him using the big *** gun and the ricin. Walt saves Hank, Hank forgives and they ride off over double rainbows on unicorns.

SapulpaSooner
8/26/2013, 11:04 AM
I'm a little confused by Jesse's reaction. He knows Brock was poisoned by Lily of the Valley berries and not the Ricin. Why is he having such a huge response? Also didn't he find the vial (fake, but he didn't know) later? the ricin was a A distraction so Walt could Poison Brock With lily of the valley Walt made it like one of Gus's guys took the Ricin Cigarette out of Jesses locker at the lab Jessie Was thinking Gus had Brock poisoned with ricin and The symptoms were Similar to ricin Poisoning and that's before he know about Lily-of-the-valley

achiro
8/26/2013, 12:03 PM
the ricin was a A distraction so Walt could Poison Brock With lily of the valley Walt made it like one of Gus's guys took the Ricin Cigarette out of Jesses locker at the lab Jessie Was thinking Gus had Brock poisoned with ricin and The symptoms were Similar to ricin Poisoning and that's before he know about Lily-of-the-valley
Yes but then Jessie found what he thought was the ricin later, combined with the fact that it was the berries that made the boy sick I have a hard time thinking he'd come to that conclusion.

8/26/2013, 12:20 PM
Yes but then Jessie found what he thought was the ricin later, combined with the fact that it was the berries that made the boy sick I have a hard time thinking he'd come to that conclusion.I believe Jesse is just sorta losing it(as if the throwing away money from the car episode wasn't enough of a clue). He could think ricin is in that pack of cigarettes...or not. But he stood there on the curb and obsessed over Walt being evil, killing Mike and now prolly coming after him(Jesse)

It wasn't clear that Jesse had that pack of cigarettes on him when he was at Saul's office earlier, arranging the disappearing act.(at least, I didn't see that cig pack before Jesse pulled it out on the curb.)

8timechamps
8/26/2013, 06:12 PM

Yeah, but you're reading too much into it. I don't think it's a stretch to think that Marie wanted the best treatment possible, and insurance said "no, we will only cover [whatever treatment they covered], if you choose to partake in another treatment option, it will not be covered."

Marie wanted the best of the best, so she accepted money from the Whites to get the treatment she thought was the best.

As for the bills, I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a bill from a doctor (for services that were completely covered by my insurance). Weeks, and in some cases months passed before the doctor's billing office and the insurance company got on the same page, and it was paid. Marie isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and it's plausible that she got a bill and thought it wasn't going to be covered, then accepted money from the Whites.

(Wow, we're really dissecting this...THAT'S how good this show it!)

8timechamps
8/26/2013, 06:23 PM
Here's how I see the timeline:

Walt makes Ricin to poison Tuco
Walt puts Ricin in Meth and gives it to Tuco (which failed)

Second batch of Risin is made to kill Gus.
Walt gives Ricin to Jesse since Gus isn't meeting with Walt
Jesse "loses" Ricin

Brock gets poisoned by Walt (lily of the valley)
Jessie realized cigarette is missing, thinks he did it.
Doctor's inform Jesse that it wasn't Ricin that poisoned Brock
Walt sees Jessie freaking out over "what if" scenarios regarding the lost cigarette, plants original cigarette in Roomba
Jesse finds lost cigarette in Roomba, all is well.

Walt takes Ricin and hides it behind outlet plate.

Fast forward to last night's episode:

Huell frisks Jesse (taking his pot)
Jesse goes to meet the guy that's sending him to Alaska
Looks for his weed, can't find it but the cigarette box jars his memory.
He immediately realizes when Huell frisked him, he took his weed...then realizes it had been done previously.
Jesse then realizes that he didn't lose the cigarette, it was taken, and puts all the pieces together that lead him to Walt.

The last part is where I'm having trouble. Jesse has no reason to think the cigarette he found in the Roomba wasn't the original cigarette. Add to that the fact that the doctors told him it was not Ricin that poisoned Brock, and I don't see how he immediately realizes Walt was behind Brock's poisoning.

Am I missing something?

SapulpaSooner
8/26/2013, 07:45 PM
Here's how I see the timeline:

Walt makes Ricin to poison Tuco
Walt puts Ricin in Meth and gives it to Tuco (which failed)

Second batch of Risin is made to kill Gus.
Walt gives Ricin to Jesse since Gus isn't meeting with Walt
Jesse "loses" Ricin

Brock gets poisoned by Walt (lily of the valley)
Jessie realized cigarette is missing, thinks he did it.
Doctor's inform Jesse that it wasn't Ricin that poisoned Brock
Walt sees Jessie freaking out over "what if" scenarios regarding the lost cigarette, plants original cigarette in Roomba
Jesse finds lost cigarette in Roomba, all is well.

Walt takes Ricin and hides it behind outlet plate.

Fast forward to last night's episode:

Huell frisks Jesse (taking his pot)
Jesse goes to meet the guy that's sending him to Alaska
Looks for his weed, can't find it but the cigarette box jars his memory.
He immediately realizes when Huell frisked him, he took his weed...then realizes it had been done previously.
Jesse then realizes that he didn't lose the cigarette, it was taken, and puts all the pieces together that lead him to Walt.

The last part is where I'm having trouble. Jesse has no reason to think the cigarette he found in the Roomba wasn't the original cigarette. Add to that the fact that the doctors told him it was not Ricin that poisoned Brock, and I don't see how he immediately realizes Walt was behind Brock's poisoning.

Am I missing something? the one in roomba was a fake one

8timechamps
8/26/2013, 10:15 PM
the one in roomba was a fake one

I didn't list that, but I did remember it. Still, I'm not getting the connection (or how the connection was made by Jesse).

SapulpaSooner
8/26/2013, 10:49 PM
the one in roomba was a fake one

I didn't list that, but I did remember it. Still, I'm not getting the connection (or how the connection was made by Jesse). Huell took the weed out of jesses Pocket and he was looking for it Found his Cigarettes and it all come came Together

SanJoaquinSooner
8/27/2013, 02:03 AM
8UUD3zyu7Ek

achiro
8/27/2013, 06:23 AM
Huell took the weed out of jesses Pocket and he was looking for it Found his Cigarettes and it all come came Together

Heh, that's the question...how? There was no connection to make.

achiro
8/27/2013, 06:25 AM
8UUD3zyu7Ek

Hahaha! That's really great!

SapulpaSooner
8/27/2013, 07:00 AM
Heh, that's the question...how? There was no connection to make. watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do19-dITUxc&feature=youtu.be

SapulpaSooner
8/27/2013, 09:03 PM

this video explains it all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9496wqFKvE&sns=em

SapulpaSooner
8/30/2013, 03:06 PM
I Think Walter jr. will walk in when When Jessie's trying to burn the house down. I do not thank Jessie will hurt JR. but he may Tell JR. that Mr. white is the Devil

Jacie
8/31/2013, 10:45 AM
Before the series ends, I would like to see Marie get busted for shoplifting one more time, say caught walking out of Walmart with an AK-47 . . .

SanJoaquinSooner
9/2/2013, 12:31 AM
Hank's got to go.

9/2/2013, 01:06 PM
Here's the latest from Laura Hudson at Wired. Thanks again, Traxx!

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/09/breaking-bad-recap-rabid-dog/

SanJoaquinSooner
9/3/2013, 12:01 AM
Five episodes are left, is that correct?

So much stuff could happen between now and the end, who knows how this plays out.

9/3/2013, 12:25 AM
4 episodes. Be sure to read the linked article from Laura Hudson. Her stuff on BB is Superb, IMHO.

cleller
9/3/2013, 02:04 PM
Breaking Bad Middle School Musical: Only for the hardcore.

9nWjNgV_6yc

SapulpaSooner
9/3/2013, 10:15 PM
Jesse may try to take the credit for being Heisenberg and that may Drive Walter nuts

8timechamps
9/4/2013, 06:50 PM
I thought Jessie jumping from the pack of cigarettes to Walt poisoning Brock was a stretch. Now, Walt knows that Jessie is after him because he figured it out? Am I the only one having trouble with all of that??

Anyway, somehow, Walt is going to get to Jessie. Not sure how, since Jessie is now with Hank, but he'll find a way.

cleller
9/8/2013, 07:52 PM
I thought Jessie jumping from the pack of cigarettes to Walt poisoning Brock was a stretch. Now, Walt knows that Jessie is after him because he figured it out? Am I the only one having trouble with all of that??

Anyway, somehow, Walt is going to get to Jessie. Not sure how, since Jessie is now with Hank, but he'll find a way.

Yeah, in some ways like trying to remember a soap opera storyline.

I think Walt must either fake his own death, or emerge from something where everyone expects he is dead, then will drive off into the sunset.

cleller
9/8/2013, 09:08 PM
So Walt is going to escape this without being shot to pieces by the GPS powered rednecks who can get to any point in NM in 5 minutes?

SapulpaSooner
9/8/2013, 09:11 PM
Hank was doing his job And doesn't deserve to die and even Walter knows that

cleller
9/8/2013, 09:35 PM
It really was a good show, but pretty unbelievable in some key areas.

Walt spilling his guts on the phone, Hank's tear jerking "I love you, be home soon", great cell reception, the wholly improbably bunch of cranksters that are more reliable and faster than a SWAT team, Hank and Gomez not screaming "Federal Agents" at the top of their lungs....

9/9/2013, 01:50 AM
It really was a good show, but pretty unbelievable in some key areas.

Walt spilling his guts on the phone, Hank's tear jerking "I love you, be home soon", great cell reception, the wholly improbably bunch of cranksters that are more reliable and faster than a SWAT team, Hank and Gomez not screaming "Federal Agents" at the top of their lungs....being outnumbered 2-6 and the 6 have automatic weapons, WHY WOULDN'T Hank and Gomez produce the cop badges that Tod's uncle asked/told them to produce?

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2013, 05:48 AM
Holy crap, none of them can shoot for ****.

cleller
9/9/2013, 07:03 AM
8UUD3zyu7Ek

Heh, at the end did you see the video of a young Aaron Paul as a contestant on The Price Is Right?

9/9/2013, 12:36 PM
Holy crap, none of them can shoot for ****.It WILL be curious how the writers deal with that. Perhaps EVERONE has on bulletproof vests? unrealistic, I know. We'll see, won't we?

9/9/2013, 01:17 PM
Here's the laura Hudson article from Wired today, about last night's episode:

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/09/breaking-bad-pink-motif/

sooneron
9/9/2013, 02:53 PM
Some people have a LOT of time on their hands...

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2013/08/enhanced-buzz-wide-3005-1376399580-31-660x475.jpg

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2013, 03:14 PM
It WILL be curious how the writers deal with that. Perhaps EVERONE has on bulletproof vests? unrealistic, I know. We'll see, won't we?
Vest or no vest, nobody was even getting hit. And a vest wouldn't stop those high caliber rounds.

cleller
9/9/2013, 04:24 PM
The problem with a show that has been so gripping and realistic is that it spoils you. The few times it show a sliver of Hollywood, we (I) jump on it.

The sweet goodbye on the phone with Marie, the rifles vs the Glock and 12 gauge, it looks like the end for Hank. Maybe (I hope) that is just what they want us to think, and another twist is in store.

However, Walt has to somehow manage to survive, and stay out of jail....That fits in with my feeling that Walt is presumed dead at some point. Hard to explain that if Hank survives.

And what about Jesse? Kidnapped for now? Even though it was he that Walt originally wanted dead?

9/9/2013, 04:25 PM
Sicem, how do you like Bohannon in Hell on Wheels siding up with Ulysses Grant? I'm guessing they writers put that in just for you. haha.

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 06:12 PM
The problem with a show that has been so gripping and realistic is that it spoils you. The few times it show a sliver of Hollywood, we (I) jump on it.

The sweet goodbye on the phone with Marie, the rifles vs the Glock and 12 gauge, it looks like the end for Hank. Maybe (I hope) that is just what they want us to think, and another twist is in store.

However, Walt has to somehow manage to survive, and stay out of jail....That fits in with my feeling that Walt is presumed dead at some point. Hard to explain that if Hank survives.

And what about Jesse? Kidnapped for now? Even though it was he that Walt originally wanted dead?

That's the downside to a show that has been so good, it really raises the bar on expectations.

Nonetheless, there's no way Hank and Gomez survive, especially since Hank said his goodbye to Marie. The interesting part will be how Walt deals with Jessie.

Walt is on the run now. Marie knows that Walt was with Hank, and as soon as Hank comes up missing, Walt is the guy the DEA will look for.

yermom
9/9/2013, 07:13 PM
well, we know that Walt has a showdown with someone with that bigass gun in the trunk

i'm guessing Todd's Uncle's gang to either rescue Hank, or avenge him. i'm guessing Marie spraypainted and burned his house

i'm not sure who the ricin is for though.

i think if Jesse survives, Walt will still protect him

9/9/2013, 07:56 PM
i'm guessing Marie spraypainted and burned his house

i think if Jesse survives, Walt will still protect himya been eating those magic mushrooms again?

SanJoaquinSooner
9/9/2013, 07:57 PM
I don't have any idea what will happen next.

All I can do, is think about if I were writing the rest of the script, given what has already happened.

I think I'd have the neo-Nazi gang capture Hank, Gomez, Walt, and Jessie. Their motivation is to get Walt and or Jessie to make the pure blue stuff.

It might make sense to have Hank and Gomez die now, but they could set up an opportunity for Walt to save Hank's life before he himself dies.

achiro
9/9/2013, 07:58 PM
Gomez dies, hank survives but wants revenge. Revenge gets him in trouble and Walt goes to help him. Hank can't die because crazy eyes still knows everything and would go to the authorities and sing like a canary.

cleller
9/9/2013, 08:01 PM
If Hank dies, and Walt does NOT somehow disappear into the NM sunset, I predict that Marie will somehow kill him, and say:
"Have an A-1 Day in Hell, Walt."

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 09:58 PM
I hadn't thought about Marie taking Walt out....that's making some sense.

I do believe Walt Jr. may off someone before it's all over.

SicEmBaylor
9/10/2013, 04:32 PM
Sicem, how do you like Bohannon in Hell on Wheels siding up with Ulysses Grant? I'm guessing they writers put that in just for you. haha.
I haven't caught up with the last few episodes, jerk! Thanks for ruining it.

Having said that, Gen. John Singleton Mosby "The Gray Ghost" was the campaign manager for Grant in Virginia and later became ambassador to Japan. Gen. James Longstreet also supported Grant. Lee didn't outright support Grand, but he called for reconciliation.

I'm hoping that since this show is, of course, fictionalized that Bohannan is only doing so in order to shoot the war criminal son of a bitch.

9/10/2013, 06:38 PM
I haven't caught up with the last few episodes, jerk!
Sorry, didn't think you would lose interest in watching it. Was only kidding, anyway. He didn't really side with Grant.

sooneron
9/10/2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah, cuz a Schwarzenegger line would make a nice ending for such a well written show!
If Hank dies, and Walt does NOT somehow disappear into the NM sunset, I predict that Marie will somehow kill him, and say:
"Have an A-1 Day in Hell, Walt."

Yeah, cuz a Schwarzenegger line for the ending would make a summation for such a well written show! :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
9/10/2013, 09:06 PM
Sorry, didn't think you would lose interest in watching it. Was only kidding, anyway. He didn't really side with Grant.

I haven't lost interest; I just haven't had a chance to get to it yet.

GDC
9/11/2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah, cuz a Schwarzenegger line would make a nice ending for such a well written show!

Yeah, cuz a Schwarzenegger line for the ending would make a summation for such a well written show! :rolleyes:

Speaking of the Austrian Oak I watched The Last Stand the other night and it was surprisingly entertaining.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/11/2013, 09:09 PM
Better Call Saul!!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/the--breaking-bad--spin-off-series---better-call-saul---it-s-happening-220639774.html

grrrrreat news!

8timechamps
9/12/2013, 04:35 PM
Better Call Saul!!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/the--breaking-bad--spin-off-series---better-call-saul---it-s-happening-220639774.html

grrrrreat news!

Since AMC is doing it, I have high expectations that it will be good. Saul was/is one of the better characters, and I would definitely be interested in watching.

Turd_Ferguson
9/13/2013, 06:08 PM
Good stuff...

duKL2dAJN6I

SapulpaSooner
9/15/2013, 08:22 PM
I don't think there is any way to cheer for Walter after that

cleller
9/15/2013, 08:40 PM
Dang, the holidays are gonna be awful this year.

Jacie
9/15/2013, 08:41 PM
Did not expect them to kill Hank.

Walt giving up Jesse, he is over the father/son complex.

On the surface, it appears they have everything in hand to get away with it all, just have to retrieve the taped confession.

8timechamps
9/15/2013, 09:12 PM
Walt is full-blown evil.

The only thing left to know is how he ties back in to the scene where he came back to the house for the ricin.

Oh, and Todd is in love with the chick that sells to the Czech republic. He's trying to get the meth levels back up, so she'll like him more.

cleller
9/15/2013, 09:15 PM
Are we all in agreement that the phone call to Skylar was Walt's way to try and assume all the guilt possible? An attempt do whatever little bit he could to pull her out of the fire? Obviously he knew the police would be there, etc.

achiro
9/15/2013, 09:25 PM
Are we all in agreement that the phone call to Skylar was Walt's way to try and assume all the guilt possible? An attempt do whatever little bit he could to pull her out of the fire? Obviously he knew the police would be there, etc.

Agreed

cleller
9/15/2013, 09:47 PM
Todd is in love with the chick that sells to the Czech republic. He's trying to get the meth levels back up, so she'll like him more.

I would do the same.

9/16/2013, 02:00 AM
check out this little gem of a comment:

by Dawn Karpoff

"New Hampshire is the Granite State that must be where the guy who gives you a new ID is taking Walt. I hope Skylar remembers that he was going to do that for all 4 of them but she gave money to Ted so his plan fell through. She will figure out that Walt at his essence has gone back to being the man she knew before he turned 50. She will get Saul to relocate the rest of the family. Feeling grateful to have another chance."

For me, at this point, very hard to predict the next 2 episodes. Some time must pass, in order for Walt to grow out his hair, or is it just a wig? Are Tod and his nazi criminal band in new Hampshire? how does Walt's house in Tucson get so trashed? etc. etc.

9/16/2013, 11:57 AM
today's take from Laura Hudson:

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/09/breaking-bad-recap-ozymandias/

yermom
9/16/2013, 01:58 PM
well, we know that Walt has a showdown with someone with that bigass gun in the trunk

i'm guessing Todd's Uncle's gang to either rescue Hank, or avenge him. i'm guessing Marie spraypainted and burned his house

i'm not sure who the ricin is for though.

i think if Jesse survives, Walt will still protect him

ok, i still think Walt will try to bury the hatchet with Jesse. i think that's how he gets it in the end though.

cleller
9/16/2013, 02:55 PM
I'm leaning toward the hope that we are somehow led to believe that time has passed, and Walt has returned to Albq to reign vengeance upon Todd's uncle. Then leave it there.

They may want to revisit the whole thing in 15 years. That could be a trip. Holly in HS somewhere. Walt and possibly Jesse roaming the badlands. Walter Jr beating any man that so much as looks at Skylar....

Phil
9/16/2013, 02:55 PM
The M-60 is for the Nazis and the ricin is for Walt. He's gonna save Jesse.

Turd_Ferguson
9/16/2013, 05:15 PM
I could be totally wrong, but for some reason I think Marie is going to die...

9/16/2013, 06:38 PM
I could be totally wrong, but for some reason I think Marie is going to die...only Walt, Flynn and Marie know about Skyler's involvement in Walt's Methery...Marie is NOT in a good position.

yermom
9/16/2013, 07:44 PM
she doesn't know THAT much, and she's after Walt, not Skylar

the Nazis are the ones that are in a bad spot. they have Jesse AND Walt's money. not to mention Hank's blood on their hands

SanJoaquinSooner
9/16/2013, 08:37 PM
I could be totally wrong, but I really have no ****ing idea how this ends.

9/16/2013, 08:43 PM
she doesn't know THAT much, and she's after Walt, not Skylar

the Nazis are the ones that are in a bad spot. they have Jesse AND Walt's money. not to mention Hank's blood on their handsMarie knows that Skyler lied a lot, and aided Walt in his methery, RESULTING IN HANK'S DEATH. Marie is NOT even close to okay with her sister, and COULD cause trouble. I agree that she might not be a target by Skyler, but it could break that way.

9/16/2013, 08:45 PM
I could be totally wrong, but I really have no ****ing idea how this ends.of course. The BB family has done a great jorb of concealing details.

SapulpaSooner
9/16/2013, 09:18 PM
Holly even knows something is not right with her DAD.

8timechamps
9/16/2013, 10:15 PM
The M-60 is for the Nazis and the ricin is for Walt. He's gonna save Jesse.

I thought about that, but he seemed pretty solid in his decision to end Jessie. Walt put Hank's death on Jessie.

8timechamps
9/16/2013, 10:23 PM
I've never liked Marie. I know Skylar's involvement is a big time criminal issue, but she's no church lady herself. She's so quick to jump on Skylar, but when she was doing her clepto stuff, she wouldn't hear anything from anyone. She's so devastated by Hank's death, I don't think she'll factor in to the end much (of course that means she will).

Walt's phone call was absolutely an attempt to take all heat off of Skylar. He's way too smart to believe the cops weren't there.

I don't for a minute think he's going to let the Nazi's keep his money. So, somehow I think the ricin is for Todd's uncle. Once he dies, then Walt can pretty much take the money back without too much interference from the lemmings.

Did anyone else think Walt was going to stab Skylar when they were wrestling? Damn Vince Giligan and his excellent concepts.

SicEmBaylor
9/16/2013, 11:28 PM
I don't have a huge problem with Marie, but I f-in hate...let me repeat...I f'n HATE Skylar. I have wished to see her death on every episode of Breaking Bad. I don't care what else happens so long as that wench gets her card punched.

I have no clue what's going to happen, and I hate to even speculate. Marie is definitely going to hold Skylar accountable for Hank's death because of her voluntary participation in Walt's activities. I think Hank will find some way to give the money to his kids. I suspect he'll make an arrangement with Saul or perhaps give it to his mother who will leave the money to the kids in her will. Far fetched I know...

I think it's pretty clear that from here on out there is no more Walt...there is only Heisenberg and Heisenberg is going it alone.

9/17/2013, 12:31 AM
I thought about that, but he seemed pretty solid in his decision to end Jessie. Walt put Hank's death on Jessie.Jesse had vowed to kill Walt, as well. Hence, Walt's decision to have Jack kill Jesse.

cleller
9/17/2013, 07:46 AM
I hope they are not going to play up the old good vs evil concept using Jesse vs Walt. Two sleazy dopers at each others throats is more realistic.

Jacie
9/17/2013, 09:19 AM
The look on Skylar's face at the end of the phone call was priceless. After all that has gone down between her and Walt, she knew at that moment he really was acting on behalf of her and the kids.

So what will she do about Marie?

We already have seen the ice in her veins when she calmly told Walt that he had to deal with Jesse.

Will she find it in herself to extend that cold-blooded attitude to her own sister?

Something has to happen there.

The other storyline seems clear, a showdown between Walt and Todd's Uncle, either over keeping Jesse alive to cook, killing Hank, Walt's money or that they are threatening Sky and the kids in an effort to get Walt back on board with them and no doubt, the dragon lady will be there too cause no one is going to left standing at the end of this series.

achiro
9/17/2013, 09:59 AM
Dragon lady get the ricin in her tea

9/17/2013, 10:54 AM
The look on Skylar's face at the end of the phone call was priceless. After all that has gone down between her and Walt, she knew at that moment he really was acting on behalf of her and the kids.

So what will she do about Marie?

We already have seen the ice in her veins when she calmly told Walt that he had to deal with Jesse.

Will she find it in herself to extend that cold-blooded attitude to her own sister?

Something has to happen there.

The other storyline seems clear, a showdown between Walt and Todd's Uncle, either over keeping Jesse alive to cook, killing Hank, Walt's money or that they are threatening Sky and the kids in an effort to get Walt back on board with them and no doubt, the dragon lady will be there too cause no one is going to left standing at the end of this series.Aaaaaaargh! I don't know if i can take all the killing that's going to happen in JUST 2 EPISODES!

8timechamps
9/17/2013, 05:06 PM
I hope they are not going to play up the old good vs evil concept using Jesse vs Walt. Two sleazy dopers at each others throats is more realistic.

I don't think they'll go that direction. Whatever happens, it's going to be different than what any of us thinks.

achiro
9/23/2013, 10:34 AM
So now we know for sure that he is very sick(dying), with one more episode I've about given up guessing what is going to happen. Pretty sure he's going after the crew and they've made them badder than bad at this point so we should all be hoping Walt goes all chuck Norris on their arsses but does he get his sons forgiveness? Does Jesse survive? Looking forward to it but I have been pretty disappointed in both the series finales I've watched this month.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/23/2013, 11:23 AM
Most people were disappointed in the Seinfeld finale, but I enjoyed it.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/23/2013, 11:24 AM
They spent lots of the early seasons making Walt a sympathetic character - so that no matter how evil the guy becomes, I still have some feeling for the guy.

achiro
9/23/2013, 11:45 AM
Watched talking bad with Hank on it the other day, I kind of found his conversation about the pro Walt vs anti Walt folks interesting. I've always(and still am) a pro Walt guy. My perfect ending is him in remission, his family with him, off together with the money to live a long and happy life together. That train left the station real early in the season though and with him so sick now, I only see one way it ends for him.

9/23/2013, 12:17 PM
The Ozymandia episode was perhaps too gruesome, and the one last night was possibly too tame, so overall, I can't say I'm disappointed. I think the clash between Marie and Skyler (and Flynn) should be dealt with more before the series ends, but little doubt in my mind that Walt is coming for Jack and Tod and the gang. I am still curious about the ricin. That is, I think Lydia will be hard to meet with, and fool into consuming it. Oh well, no telling what will happen.

8timechamps
9/23/2013, 03:11 PM
I was fairly disappointed in last night's episode.

If that had been a mid-season episode, I don't think I would feel the same way. But, the second to last episode?! It just felt like the whole cabin in the woods arc didn't fit.

I'm with you RLIMC, I would have liked to see more of the Skylar/Marie issue.

As for predictions, I think Walt shows up and takes out the gang to get his money back. He uses the ricin on Lydia. Jessie dies in the firefight, but he saves Walt in the process. Walt figures out a way to get the money (via Saul) to the kids/Skylar. In the end Walt Jr. puts aside his anger and forgives Walt just before he dies (of cancer).

9/23/2013, 04:03 PM
I predict Wendy the Crack Ho gives Walt Jr. "The Works" and he then gives every one left the AIDS, starting with Marie. Even though Walt objects to this behavior, he is happy to have the attention of Walt Jr. again and feigns his approval. Meanwhile, Brock and Holly have an illicit affair while Jesse and Todd become husband and husband in hopes to adopt the two children. Lydia moves to Kansas to give me back massages and do my bidding until I grow bored of her. The Nazis and Walt pool their resources to open Die Brüder Hühner to rave reviews.

They make Skyler clean the toilets.

9/23/2013, 06:02 PM
BEWARE! Lydia, while giving you a back massage, will thrust a very unwelcome needle into your back. :grumpy:

GDC
9/23/2013, 08:13 PM
I am still curious about the ricin. That is, I think Lydia will be hard to meet with, and fool into consuming it. Oh well, no telling what will happen.

Maybe in her chamomile tea?

9/23/2013, 08:24 PM
Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!:

I am still curious about the ricin. That is, I think Lydia will be hard to meet with, and fool into consuming it. Oh well, no telling what will happen.

GDC sez:
Maybe in her chamomile tea?

A: I don't think Lydia would even agree to meet with Walt. Even if she did, ALL her defenses would be up.

SicEmBaylor
9/24/2013, 02:38 AM
1)I don't believe this bizarre theory that Walt has it out for Lydia. Why? Why does he give a **** that his product is still out there? Walt sold his business to Lydia complete with his formula and how to make it. He knows she's producing because he sold his business to her. So why would he give a **** that she's making the product he sold to her in the first place? It makes no sense. Now, Lydia may do some **** in the final episode that gets her in Walt's way, but it won't be because she's producing his meth.

2)I don't have a clue what the ending will be, but I'm predicting that the very first scene in the last episode will be a flashback to Walt's days at Grey Matter that will show precisely why he left the company.

3)The M60 is for the Aryans, but I do believe he'll go after Gretchen and whatever the husband's name is.

9/24/2013, 03:11 AM
The ricen for Gretchen and Elliot... Interesting. I hadn't considered them, but with the Charlie Rose appearance and Walt's reaction, it makes sense.

9/24/2013, 03:13 AM
The only thing that would motivate Walt to go after Lydia would be if he felt Skyler was in danger from Lydia. Of course, Lydia would LIKE to take our Skyler, as she suggested to Todd. But, I believe Walt's 2 biggest targets are Jack's gang of Killers/Meth Cookers and the Grey Matter couple.

yermom
9/24/2013, 07:14 AM
if Walt gets a hint that Lydia wants Skyler dead, she's done

i still think Jesse makes it. not sure how him and Walter reconcile.

i do think Walt might see his day in the cameras just to set the record straight on Graymatter

SanJoaquinSooner
9/24/2013, 08:38 AM
It would be emotionally appealing for the audience to know that Todd and the Aryans get blown away, but the writers didn't really develop a storyline that created an emotional investment in the demise of the Grey Matter couple or Lydia. They may die, but that can't be the climax.

Jacie
9/24/2013, 09:05 AM
Todd belongs to Jesse now. Perhaps he will get to him while they are cooking and probably die himself but make no mistake, he has seen Todd shoot two innocent people without hesitation. Jesse is going to kill him.

Besides the rest of the Aryans, Walt will somehow find out about Lydia or just connect the dots and decide to take her out to protect Skylar.

He won't kill his old friends but has something in mind and it might be a way for him to secure a future for Sky and the kids, maybe a share of Greymatter.

The loose cannon in the mix is Marie. She isn't going to be left out of the finale considering they still haven't found Hank's body and what she knows. Will she show up at the wrong moment and get caught in the crossfire? That seems a bit trite. I briefly considered that she and Skylar would get into it but that would only work if there were a follow-up episode. So really, have no idea how she will affect the ending, only that there is still a surprise coming from somewhere and she might be it.

achiro
9/24/2013, 10:13 AM
Seems like there are still a lot of loose ends to close up in one episode. On talking bad they said that the timeline was Walt leaving the bar just a few days before we see him in the restaurant and buying the gun. We have no idea what Marie has been doing in that 8 months or so since she found out about Hanks death. BUT, Walt jr. Jumped up to take the call that he thought was her which could indicate that they are still talking.

achiro
9/24/2013, 10:17 AM
Oh, and I thought for sure the ricin would be for Lydia until this episode and now. I don't know. They didn't make her a threat like I thought they would.

9/24/2013, 11:50 AM
Oh, and I thought for sure the ricin would be for Lydia until this episode and now. I don't know. They didn't make her a threat like I thought they would.She's a threat if Walt thinks she is. We just don't know if he does...yet.

8timechamps
9/24/2013, 04:05 PM
What, exactly, does Grey Matter produce (if anything)?

I'm just wondering if the ricin is going to be used in a Grey Matter product, thus leading to public panic/outcry that sends the company in a financial tailspin.

As for Lydia, she's a loose end in Walt's mind (she's always been a concern, I think, for Walt). But, I'm not sure if she's important enough to be a target. IF she happens to be there when Walt storms the castle, she'll go too.

I still think Jessie saves Walts *** somehow. If yermom is correct, and Jessie lives, that'll be depressing. That dude has been through/seen enough to probably gladly accept death at this point.

Is the final episode going to be an hour, or longer? As mentioned, there are a crapload of loose ends to tie up in one episode. Of course some of them won't be closed out, that's what keeps fans speculating that they'll eventually pick the series back up or do a movie (it happens with all the great series, Saprano's, The Wire, etc.).

CowboyMRW
9/24/2013, 04:18 PM

I'm just wondering if the ricin is going to be used in a Grey Matter product, thus leading to public panic/outcry that sends the company in a financial tailspin.

As for Lydia, she's a loose end in Walt's mind (she's always been a concern, I think, for Walt). But, I'm not sure if she's important enough to be a target. IF she happens to be there when Walt storms the castle, she'll go too.

I still think Jessie saves Walts *** somehow. If yermom is correct, and Jessie lives, that'll be depressing. That dude has been through/seen enough to probably gladly accept death at this point.

Is the final episode going to be an hour, or longer? As mentioned, there are a crapload of loose ends to tie up in one episode. Of course some of them won't be closed out, that's what keeps fans speculating that they'll eventually pick the series back up or do a movie (it happens with all the great series, Saprano's, The Wire, etc.).

75 minutes just like the last episode.

9/24/2013, 05:12 PM
The only thing that would alarm Walt about Lydia at this point is her danger to Walt's family. Since his days are numbered due to cancer, he's not worried about himself anymore.

SicEmBaylor
9/25/2013, 05:15 AM

I suspect that Gray Matter is going to connect to Walt in ways we hadn't previously imagined. I think the first episode will start with a flash back to his days with GM and will explain why he departed the company. Does anyone suppose that it's at all possible that Gray Matter actually produced the chemicals that were then sold to that German based corporation which Lydia was stealing from for the chicken man and then Walt....thus bringing everything together?

I need to go back and re-watch the series, but it seems as if I remember they really put an emphasis on showing the logo on the barrels of methylamine. Maybe there was a reason...

Keep in mind that the other co-founder of Gray Matter is named Schwartz (German for black)....the guy is an American but clearly has a German connection....

SicEmBaylor
9/25/2013, 05:17 AM
As for what they produce....I'm pretty sure they're a chemical engineering company. Gretchen was Walt's lab assistant until he left her, and then they used his research to build the company. I think they're somewhat comparable to DuPont.

8timechamps
9/25/2013, 03:11 PM
I suspect that Gray Matter is going to connect to Walt in ways we hadn't previously imagined. I think the first episode will start with a flash back to his days with GM and will explain why he departed the company. Does anyone suppose that it's at all possible that Gray Matter actually produced the chemicals that were then sold to that German based corporation which Lydia was stealing from for the chicken man and then Walt....thus bringing everything together?

I need to go back and re-watch the series, but it seems as if I remember they really put an emphasis on showing the logo on the barrels of methylamine. Maybe there was a reason...

Keep in mind that the other co-founder of Gray Matter is named Schwartz (German for black)....the guy is an American but clearly has a German connection....

Now that I think about it, it's very possible Lydia has some sort of tie-in with Gray Matter. That would make closing that arc much easier.

Since I can't imagine Walt being able to use the ricin to kill someone in one episode (given the current situation), I really think he'll use it to damage Gray Matter's public persona.

Of course I've been absolutely wrong about every prediction I've made, so that means something else will happen.

SicEmBaylor
9/25/2013, 04:17 PM
Now that I think about it, it's very possible Lydia has some sort of tie-in with Gray Matter. That would make closing that arc much easier.

Since I can't imagine Walt being able to use the ricin to kill someone in one episode (given the current situation), I really think he'll use it to damage Gray Matter's public persona.

Of course I've been absolutely wrong about every prediction I've made, so that means something else will happen.

Exactly what I think. I don't think he'll get violent with Gretchen and whateverhisnameis, but I think he'll bring down their chemical empire and destroy the company from a financial point of view.

yermom
9/25/2013, 07:05 PM

i'm fairly certain he left Graymatter after a failed love triangle situation

i don't think he's wants to kill them, but i think he'll want to get credit for what was partially his

SicEmBaylor
9/25/2013, 07:15 PM
I don't believe so. When Walt had lunch with Gretchen, she said they went to visit her parents and he just sudden walked out of the home and out of her life and never went back. It was only afterward that she got together with the other bozo....supposedly. However, something had to have precipitated Walt abandoning his shares in the company and walking away.

In any case, I think Walt is going after Gray Matter, the Aryans, and possibly Lydia. And I think all of those things are linked together.

i don't think he's wants to kill them, but i think he'll want to get credit for what was partially his
I think he'll be able to kill two birds with one stone. By taking more credit for Gray Matter he can further discredit the company itself in the image of the public and investors. I think he intends to make his contributions at Gray Matter more widely known and at the same time destroy the company he co-founded.

8timechamps
9/25/2013, 07:25 PM

I always thought there was something that went awry with Walt/Gretchen. I remember the whole Gretchen conversation about Walt leaving her (at her parent's home), but the details surrounding that were never discussed. I think the other guy (Gretchen's husband now) had something to do with it, and that's ultimately why Walt left.

It's funny to think that if Walt would have sucked up his ego, and accepted the offer to go back to Gray Matter (at the dinner party), none of this would have happened. But then, there would be no show.

SicEmBaylor
9/25/2013, 08:18 PM
I always thought there was something that went awry with Walt/Gretchen. I remember the whole Gretchen conversation about Walt leaving her (at her parent's home), but the details surrounding that were never discussed. I think the other guy (Gretchen's husband now) had something to do with it, and that's ultimately why Walt left.

It's funny to think that if Walt would have sucked up his ego, and accepted the offer to go back to Gray Matter (at the dinner party), none of this would have happened. But then, there would be no show.

If 'buts' were 'ands' and 'ands' were 'buts' then the whole world would be an ***.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/29/2013, 10:45 AM
On NFL Network this morning, someone made a joke about Walter White, after tonight, will be available for the USC coaching job.

I never considered the possibility of him being alive at the end. I have no idea if the NFL guy knew something.

SicEmBaylor
9/29/2013, 04:43 PM
My prediction for the Breaking Bad Finale:

1)It will open with a flashback scene to Walt's days with Gray-Matter and delve deeper into why he suddenly left Gretchen.

2)Walt is not going to kill Gretchen and Elliot. He's going to destroy the company he co-founded.

3)Elliot and Gretchen/Gray Matter have a connection to Walt's empire in ways that have neither been explored nor considered by most. Gray Matter is a chemical engineering company. I believe the Methylene that Lydia has been stealing from the German conglomerate that owned Los Pollos was produced by none other than.......Gray Matter. This directly connects them to Walt's drug business, which they're aware of, which is why they've been so proactive in distancing themselves from Walt. It isn't just that Walt co-founded their company -- it's the fact that Walt has been using their product to produce his product.

4)Another connection to consider between Gray Matter and the German conglomerate is that the names Gretchen and Schwartz are both German. I definitely think that Gray Matter is knowingly involved beyond anything that has been considered.

5)Walt Jr. dies. And, no, he doesn't choke on a piece of bacon.

6)Marie lives and, in some way, is responsible for #7.

7)Walt dies.

8)Jesse lives.

9)I honestly don't know what will happen to Skylar, but she's a horrid woman who should have been offed a long long long time ago. I know that sounds terrible, but holy crap do I hate that wench.

10)Jesse will kill Todd.

11)Walt takes down the Aryans.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/29/2013, 09:10 PM
FU all. At the airport. Can't watch until 9 pdt.

8timechamps
9/29/2013, 09:28 PM
SPOILER ALERT!

I thought the final episode was awesome.

They pretty much answered all of the questions, and tied up the loose ends for the most part. One thing I hated about the way the Supranos ended, was how it left so much unanswered. They didn't do that.

I especially liked the way Jack died. "If you pull that trigger, you won't know where the money..."

I'm sure I'll realize more as I digest it, but all in all, I thought it was a great way to end the show.

sooneron
9/29/2013, 09:35 PM
Very apropos ending. What a series!

SicEmBaylor
9/30/2013, 04:40 AM
So 4/11 then. :D

SapulpaSooner
9/30/2013, 07:09 AM
Vince Gilligan you magnificent bastard

Jacie
9/30/2013, 10:17 AM
Todd belongs to Jesse now. Perhaps he will get to him while they are cooking and probably die himself but make no mistake, he has seen Todd shoot two innocent people without hesitation. Jesse is going to kill him.

Besides the rest of the Aryans, Walt will somehow find out about Lydia or just connect the dots and decide to take her out to protect Skylar.

He won't kill his old friends but has something in mind and it might be a way for him to secure a future for Sky and the kids, maybe a share of Greymatter.

The loose cannon in the mix is Marie. She isn't going to be left out of the finale considering they still haven't found Hank's body and what she knows. Will she show up at the wrong moment and get caught in the crossfire? That seems a bit trite. I briefly considered that she and Skylar would get into it but that would only work if there were a follow-up episode. So really, have no idea how she will affect the ending, only that there is still a surprise coming from somewhere and she might be it.

I called it.

Nice touch to include Skinny Pete and Badger in the finale.

9/30/2013, 01:35 PM
I called it.

pretty close! Contact Vince, to be on his writing team.

9/30/2013, 03:54 PM
This from Laura Hudson from WIRED(today)was the crux of her take on the episode:

"This episode sets up every single pin Walt has been dreaming about, and he knocks every single one of them down – including himself – in a single epic strike. In exchange, all he had to do was murder, manipulate, blackmail and either ruin or sacrifice everyone and everything in his life. And rather than concluding that this was a terrible, selfish mistake, Walt seems… mostly content with how it works out in the end, like it was really a pretty fair trade after all.

I can’t imagine a more tragic sentiment, or a more brutal indictment of Walt’s character. Personally, I wish the show had ended in “Granite State,” that bleak, attenuated death knell of an episode, back at the bar where Walt ordered one final whiskey before giving himself up. Not because I wanted to see Walt punished, but because I liked that Walt better – the one who realized that it was all for nothing, beheld the work of his hands, and despaired. It might not have been satisfying or easy, but it felt earned, like atonement from a man who was finally ready to face the consequences of his decisions.

Instead, the entire finale is a bit of a victory lap, one that ends with Walt walking fondly amongst his meth equipment like he’s goddamn Jean-Luc Picard on the bridge of the decommissioned Enterprise."

8timechamps
9/30/2013, 04:25 PM
Anyone watch Talking Bad last night?

They discussed the scene where Walt put his watch on top of the pay phone. VG said they did it because they had shot some other scenes (that were later in the episode), and Bryan Cranston didn't have the watch on in those scenes. So, they did it for consistency.

What's funny though, is I thought it was the Heisenburg in Walt, leaving a piece of evidence for the Feds to follow. Like a signature. VG had a different artistic take on it.

colleyvillesooner
10/4/2013, 06:18 AM
I really liked the finale. Summed it all up and the least "bad" of the characters lived to fight another day.

We started watching this show right after Labor Day, so we crammed 5 years into a month. Not bad for only being able to watch 2-3 a weeknight.

I think it does take away some of the greatness for me watching it that way. No suspense between seasons or weeks. Just press next episode.

I thought the watch was just a symbol for Walt is he knows it's the end, he's finally "out of time".

achiro
10/4/2013, 07:53 AM
I really liked the finale. Summed it all up and the least "bad" of the characters lived to fight another day.

We started watching this show right after Labor Day, so we crammed 5 years into a month. Not bad for only being able to watch 2-3 a weeknight.

I think it does take away some of the greatness for me watching it that way. No suspense between seasons or weeks. Just press next episode.

I thought the watch was just a symbol for Walt is he knows it's the end, he's finally "out of time".
Heh, that's how I got into the series(thank you Netflix). Lot of late nights though because sometimes you just can't put it down, just got to see what happens next.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/4/2013, 08:13 AM
I enjoyed Season 4 the most, with Chicken Emperor Gus and the Mexican connection.