PDA

View Full Version : Is Adrian Peterson in Jail?

mikee likee
7/7/2012, 01:30 PM
something in Houston..

sOUnder
7/7/2012, 01:36 PM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/07/vikings-star-adrian-peterson-arrested-in-houston/

nighttrain12
7/7/2012, 01:37 PM
Resisting arrest. He's out on bail now. In other AD news, he believes he will be 100% recovered from his injury to play opening day for the Vikings.

yermom
7/7/2012, 02:11 PM
cop was probably a wh0rn

or worse, a Packer fan

;)

8timechamps
7/7/2012, 03:45 PM
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was arrested in Houston early Saturday morning and charged with resisting arrest. He was arrested at 2:30 a.m. at Bayou Place, 534 Texas Ave next to the Bayou Music Center.

According to HPD data, Peterson spent the night in the city jail, posted bond and was released this morning. The listed offense is “resisting arrest/search unclassified.”

Police said he was at a bar with a group when an off-duty HPD officer working who was working security at the venue asked them to leave because the bar was closing. After being asked a second time to leave, Peterson’s group didn’t. Officials said Peterson pushed the officer then resisted arrest.

“We are aware of the situation. We will withhold further comment until more information is known,” the Vikings said in a statement.

Peterson, a native of Palestine in East Texas and former tailback for the University of Oklahoma, is recovering from a knee injury he suffered last Christmas Eve that required reconstructive surgery.

-Chronicle news services contributed to this report

AD needs football to start!

olevetonahill
7/7/2012, 03:49 PM
Ima waitin for the Video to be released.

Widescreen
7/7/2012, 04:15 PM
If this is true, I think it's another indicator that he's not what we thought he was. Especially after this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20043503-10391697.html

Everyone makes mistakes but sometimes what's in your heart comes out in what you say and do.

jkjsooner
7/7/2012, 05:29 PM
Police said he was at a bar with a group when an off-duty HPD officer working who was working security at the venue asked them to leave because the bar was closing. After being asked a second time to leave, Peterson’s group didn’t. Officials said Peterson pushed the officer then resisted arrest.

I'd like to know the details of how this altercation took place. Was Peterson adequately informed that the security guard was in fact an off duty police officer? Was this relayed to Peterson and the rest of the group prior to the physical confrontation? Would an average person have known that the security guard had arresting authority?

I'm not saying fighting with a bouncer is legal but it's not the same as resisting arrest.

This reminds me of the situation that occurred at a Blazers game about 20 years ago. Two players were fighting in the penalty boxes. An off duty officer (in plain clothes) jumped into the box and the players were charged with assaulting an officer. Forget the fact that lower minor league hockey is essentially as much fighting as hockey and the players are paid to entertain the crowd. Forget that a police officer had no business jumping into a hockey fight to begin with. How in the world would players, in the midst of a fight, know that the idiot jumping into the penalty boxes was a police officer. Even if he had jumped in with his badge showing it would be almost impossible for the players in the fight to notice.

swardboy
7/7/2012, 05:30 PM
On this we all surely agree: Alcohol brings down the wall of prohibitions. And I also agree with Grandma: "Nothing good happens after midnight."

jumperstop
7/7/2012, 05:37 PM
On this we all surely agree: Alcohol brings down the wall of prohibitions. And I also agree with Grandma: "Nothing good happens after midnight."

Idk, sleep is pretty good.

nighttrain12
7/7/2012, 09:18 PM
http://newsok.com/adrian-peterson-arrested-in-houston/article/3690652

Interesting that NewsOK.com is not allowing comments on this story on their website.

8timechamps
7/7/2012, 09:51 PM
I'd like to know the details of how this altercation took place. Was Peterson adequately informed that the security guard was in fact an off duty police officer? Was this relayed to Peterson and the rest of the group prior to the physical confrontation? Would an average person have known that the security guard had arresting authority?

I'm not saying fighting with a bouncer is legal but it's not the same as resisting arrest.

This reminds me of the situation that occurred at a Blazers game about 20 years ago. Two players were fighting in the penalty boxes. An off duty officer (in plain clothes) jumped into the box and the players were charged with assaulting an officer. Forget the fact that lower minor league hockey is essentially as much fighting as hockey and the players are paid to entertain the crowd. Forget that a police officer had no business jumping into a hockey fight to begin with. How in the world would players, in the midst of a fight, know that the idiot jumping into the penalty boxes was a police officer. Even if he had jumped in with his badge showing it would be almost impossible for the players in the fight to notice.

I'm think along those lines too, but in the end, he probably shouldn't have done anything but leave. In the grand scheme of things, this is just a blip, but one that probably could have been avoided. AD needs football to keep him mind focused on the goals ahead.

bluedogok
7/7/2012, 10:26 PM
Maybe players from Texas shouldn't go back there during the off season after they become pros....it seems too many things happen with them when it comes to the police. Not just the former UT players either.

LASooner
7/8/2012, 12:34 AM
If a guy working security in a bar told me he was a cop, I wouldn't believe him either,

badger
7/8/2012, 08:02 AM

Interesting that NewsOK.com is not allowing comments on this story on their website.

They don't allow comments on any crime-related stories.

Soonerjeepman
7/8/2012, 08:21 AM
If a guy working security in a bar told me he was a cop, I wouldn't believe him either,

prob but if the bouncer said it's time to go it's time to go. Honestly I COULD prob pick AD out in a group but doubt this guy picked on him because he was AD. Been in bars at closing time, most workers want to get their *** home and are tired.

just my 2 cents worth...

BoulderSooner79
7/8/2012, 10:46 AM

And how much intelligence is ever added by interweb comments?

Chuck Bao
7/8/2012, 11:20 AM
I've stayed in bars after closing, just flash a few Franklins and everything is okay. If the staff aren't interested then it really is time to leave. This obviously is going to cost AD more than a few Franklins and he should have already learned that star power is just going to get him into the newspaper headlines and message board fodder the next day. I have no sympathy, even if the off-duty policeman/bouncer said that the Vikings suck in front of his family.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/8/2012, 11:33 AM

But even if the guy isn't a cop, if Peterson pushed him when the guy told his group that it's time to leave, then it may be assault/battery. In any case, there is no excuse for not leaving when you're told by an employee to leave. If you think being asked to leave is unjustified, then ask to speak to the manager.

nighttrain12
7/8/2012, 11:44 AM
And how much intelligence is ever added by interweb comments?

Are you insulting the people on this message board? :) They do allow comments on most other stories there, I just think it is peculiar that this relatively minor incident is off limits. AD will pay a small fine and maybe apologize publicly and that will be the end of it. I don't think he will even get suspended by the league or team.

Breadburner
7/8/2012, 12:04 PM
Houston...What a ****-hole....!!

BigTip
7/8/2012, 12:15 PM
And I also agree with Grandma: "Nothing good happens after midnight."
lol, my brother in law, my frequent Vegas travel buddy, says this about 4am. That's when his judgement is sufficiently impaired for him to throw away money.

oudivesherpa
7/8/2012, 12:30 PM
I live in Houston and I agree Houston is a cesspool.The rouge cops here are outrageous. If they can't make it any where else they come to Houston. We simple don't know the whole story and AD, has had a clean record for the last 5 years. The one thing we do have here is great attorney's, it will probably cost AD some major bucks but he should get off with no majors penalties from the NFL.

MamaMia
7/8/2012, 12:47 PM
Its entirely possible thats he's innocent of any wrong doing.

rock on sooner
7/8/2012, 02:14 PM
Its entirely possible thats he's innocent of any wrong doing.

I'd go a little farther and say he is probably innocent and some
hotshot bouncer/off duty cop is trying to make a name for himself.

olevetonahill
7/8/2012, 02:31 PM
Who among us aint been drunk in a bar at closing time and got in a fight with the Bouncers and cops?
Sheesh Yall act like yer total innocents.

rock on sooner
7/8/2012, 02:51 PM
Who among us aint been drunk in a bar at closing time and got in a fight with the Bouncers and cops?
Sheesh Yall act like yer total innocents.

Vet, I'm thinkin the bouncer/cop mighta been the drunk one.
Last time I saw AD, he 'bout 20" biceps and wore a cape!

olevetonahill
7/8/2012, 02:53 PM
Vet, I'm thinkin the bouncer/cop mighta been the drunk one.
Last time I saw AD, he 'bout 20" biceps and wore a cape!
At least it took moren 1 to take him down .

Harris County Sooner
7/8/2012, 05:13 PM
I live in Houston and I agree Houston is a cesspool.The rouge cops here are outrageous. If they can't make it any where else they come to Houston. We simple don't know the whole story and AD, has had a clean record for the last 5 years. The one thing we do have here is great attorney's, it will probably cost AD some major bucks but he should get off with no majors penalties from the NFL.
Yup, the cops are rouge but we have the best defense lawyers. He should hire Dick DeGuerin or Rusty Hardin. They could have gotten the Nazis off at Nuremberg.

MamaMia
7/8/2012, 06:02 PM
Look, who here can possibly believe that an arrest would have been made if AD were really gulty of "resisiting" it? At the most, AD may be guilty of trying to talk some sense in to an overzealous power hungry cop.

Cheerin' 4 OU
7/8/2012, 10:52 PM
According to NBC, several videos exist of the altercation that led to AD's arrest, but only one had been brought up to the public. The video is pretty crappy, and it shows nothing except AD in handcuffs and some chick saying that she knew who he was.

Link Via TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/08/adrian-peterson-arrest-video/) This pretty much is the only thing I can find on the matter.

Seems like I read somewhere that AD later that night apologized for his actions, saying that he's just not much of a drinker.

*shrug*

TheHumanAlphabet
7/9/2012, 02:30 AM
Apparently, AD pushed said bouncer/cop after last call and was told to leave. After push, many friends in and out of uniform came in and hooked him up. He paid $1,000 bail and was out. My guess, after all bad press with Houston cops and athletes, the DA chooses not to accept charges and this goes away.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/9/2012, 07:43 AM
Watch out fer yer cornhole, bud.

sooneron
7/9/2012, 09:26 AM
And how much intelligence is ever added by interweb comments?You really should stop by deadspin, bud.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/9/2012, 01:10 PM
Houston Chronicle is reporting Adrian has hired Rusty Hardin of Roger Clemens not guilty fame... Adrian not fooling around. According to the latest story, off-duty copper in plain clothes told Adrians group who was talking amongst themselves to leave after the 2nd or third time Adrian told him they had heard him. Adrian then pushed him. After that, said copper tries to push Adrian onto the bar to cuff him telling him he is under arrest. 2 more followed and Adrian trying to wrestle away from off-duty copper and "assumed a threatening stance". I said before and I say again, this will likely go away quietly.

C&CDean
7/9/2012, 01:31 PM
I've stayed in bars after closing, just flash a few Franklins and everything is okay. If the staff aren't interested then it really is time to leave. This obviously is going to cost AD more than a few Franklins and he should have already learned that star power is just going to get him into the newspaper headlines and message board fodder the next day. I have no sympathy, even if the off-duty policeman/bouncer said that the Vikings suck in front of his family.

Well, the Viqueens do, indeed, suck. If I was stuck playing for those purple POS, I'd get arrested too.

yermom
7/9/2012, 01:37 PM
lol, my brother in law, my frequent Vegas travel buddy, says this about 4am. That's when his judgement is sufficiently impaired for him to throw away money.

if you are still out at 4am in Vegas your night was either really good, or really bad

badger
7/9/2012, 04:53 PM
Update (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=223&articleid=20120709_223_0_HUTNMn310433&allcom=1#3056165): AD hired Roger Clemens' attorney, who is now saying that the police are lying and that AD was the victim, not the coppers.

Here we go...

mainline13
7/9/2012, 07:45 PM

Yup, the cops are rouge but we have the best defense lawyers. He should hire Dick DeGuerin or Rusty Hardin. They could have gotten the Nazis off at Nuremberg.

I live near Houston, and have worked in Houston these past 20-something years. I never noticed that any of the cops were a reddish powder such as some folks apply to their cheeks.

Or is it that they are Native Americans, and you are using the French word for 'red' to avoid allegations of being non-PC?

Or have I simply had enough to drink tonight?

olevetonahill
7/9/2012, 08:03 PM
I live near Houston, and have worked in Houston these past 20-something years. I never noticed that any of the cops were a reddish powder such as some folks apply to their cheeks.

Or is it that they are Native Americans, and you are using the French word for 'red' to avoid allegations of being non-PC?

Or have I simply had enough to drink tonight?

Prolly need ya few more :sneakiness:

Harris County Sooner
7/9/2012, 08:08 PM
Yup, the cops are rouge but we have the best defense lawyers. He should hire Dick DeGuerin or Rusty Hardin. They could have gotten the Nazis off at Nuremberg.Patting self on back...Haw, I called it! With Rusty on the ball AD is golden.

ouflak
7/11/2012, 03:01 AM
I wonder what he and the police officer said to each other?

nighttrain12
7/11/2012, 10:16 AM
I bet this same kind of dispute happens all the time to non-famous males in bars every night. Adrian was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He doesn't need to be 'closing down bars'.

Midtowner
7/11/2012, 10:29 AM
Update (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=223&articleid=20120709_223_0_HUTNMn310433&allcom=1#3056165): AD hired Roger Clemens' attorney, who is now saying that the police are lying and that AD was the victim, not the coppers.

Here we go...

I used to play in a band which did gigs in bars from time to time. It's a unique perspective to close down a bar and be completely sober. I can say that the police officers there were often very unprofessional, acting like thugs, hitting on women, etc. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if AD's story checks out. I'm also sort of inclined to believe AD a little more since he's spending maybe north of six figures to defend something he probably could have taken a deferred sentence on and paid a fine.

nighttrain12
7/12/2012, 12:17 AM
Will he even get a deferred sentence? Sounds like a small fine and community service.

XingTheRubicon
7/13/2012, 11:03 AM
He probably just shook the dude's hand.

That ****er's got a grip.

SteelClip49
7/13/2012, 01:16 PM
this proves that AD is above all and has always been a prick, just like how he was with regular people during his time here. He is not nice.

Sooner70
7/14/2012, 09:12 AM
Adrian hired Rusty Hardin, same atty that defended Roger Clemens. Get out the checkbook. Rusty is good....he can convince a jury that a white horse is actually a zebra that on his own removed his black stripes.