PDA

View Full Version : WALTER E. WILLIAMS guest hosts on Limbaugh today

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/5/2012, 12:25 PM
"Black by Popular Demand". He's going to have Thomas Sowell on as guest during the second hour. Always interesting to hear these 2 conversing. Walter mentioned they are going to discuss judicial activism, among other things.

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2012, 12:31 PM
I like Walter Williams. Why he demeans himself by hosting for that gas bag is beyond me.

7/5/2012, 12:52 PM
sssszzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ

Guess you didn't know it, but Limbaugh has on like-minded people as guest hosts.

TUSooner
7/5/2012, 12:58 PM
These days "judicial activism" means any decision that is contrary to the speaker's political views. Conservatives say -- hypocritically -- that they abhor it. At least liberals don't pretend to.

7/5/2012, 01:03 PM
These days "judicial activism" means any decision that is contrary to the speaker's political views. Conservatives say -- hypocritically -- that they abhor it. At least liberals don't pretend to.Where have you been keeping your pinkish self?

7/5/2012, 01:10 PM
Thomas Sowell is now on the air.

KantoSooner
7/5/2012, 01:14 PM
That's an interesting topic, judicial activism. Since we have a legal system which is, by design, one in which judges interpret the law (since there is no way legislators can anticipate every possible set of factual circumstances), you could say, with some accuracy, that each and every decision is an example of a judge 'making law'. And yet we all to one degree or another have an 'I know it when I see it' standard for saying that a judge has gone too far.
Anyone care to take a stab at defining, in universal terms, what 'judicial activism' is?

SicEmBaylor
7/5/2012, 01:16 PM
Where have you been keeping your pinkish self?
TU is consistently moderate. He's hardly a pinko, and since you can't claim I'm 'medium-rare', I'll agree with what he just said.

There actually isn't a lot of true judicial activism going on anymore. I don't have a lot of respect for the Supreme Court as an institution, but not all bad decisions constitute judicial activism. The Warren court was judicial activism at its worst.

KantoSooner
7/5/2012, 01:21 PM
I'm not so sure they were any 'worse' than the Brandeis court or several others. What made the Warren court more activist than others? Serious question.

7/5/2012, 01:44 PM
TU is consistently moderate. He's hardly a pinko, and since you can't claim I'm 'medium-rare', I'll agree with what he just said.

There actually isn't a lot of true judicial activism going on anymore. I don't have a lot of respect for the Supreme Court as an institution, but not all bad decisions constitute judicial activism. The Warren court was judicial activism at its worst.To you pinkish =pinko=full blown, non part-time Leftist?

cleller
7/5/2012, 03:51 PM
Is Ken Hamblin still around? Several years ago I used to hear him occassionally. Thought he had a good message.

edit: I wikipedia'd him, and it says he abruptly left the air in 2003.
Crap.

cleller
7/5/2012, 03:59 PM
I'm not so sure they were any 'worse' than the Brandeis court or several others. What made the Warren court more activist than others? Serious question.

Not a scholarly-backed hypothesis, but I think it might have been due to the social upheaval going on at the time. From around 1964-72 or a little later there was always something wild and/or ridiculous going on. I guess the S. Court is not immune to getting caught up in the fervor.

My life and outlook was affected by some of their lawmaking from the bench. My aunt was murdered by a stranger shortly before their decision to vacate the death penalty. Has taken a heavy toll on many family members for 41 years. Have forgotten how many parole hearings we've endured. That responsibility has been passed to me

KantoSooner
7/5/2012, 04:26 PM
Sorry to hear you have to go through that misery.

Yeah, I think you're right that the times play a role. Partially the Warren court might be seen as more activist than most simply because they were handed so many hot button cases to decide.

TUSooner
7/5/2012, 04:27 PM
To you pinkish =pinko=full blown, non part-time Leftist?

If anyone cares to know why I have been staying away, there's their answer. A person can endure only so much of it at a stretch.

7/5/2012, 05:34 PM
If anyone cares to know why I have been staying away, there's their answer. A person can endure only so much of it at a stretch.Oh, no, say something conservative, or right of center, and all will be fine.

diverdog
7/5/2012, 09:16 PM
sssszzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ

Guess you didn't know it, but Limbaugh has on like-minded people as guest hosts.

Limbaugh has *** kissers on his show.

7/5/2012, 11:36 PM
Limbaugh has *** kissers on his show.You don't get it, or maybe just don't like it that some folks understand the many shortcomings of the authoritative nannystate. You have company. 15-33% of the US population.

SoonerBread
7/6/2012, 07:49 AM
"Black by Popular Demand". He's going to have Thomas Sowell on as guest during the second hour. Always interesting to hear these 2 conversing. Walter mentioned they are going to discuss judicial activism, among other things.

Was good stuff.