PDA

View Full Version : Amazingly Awkward Texas A&M Commercial

Frozen Sooner
7/3/2012, 11:33 AM
Overly Attached Aggie?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2012/video-tamu-sec-cheers/?utm_source=SDS&utm_medium=twitter

olevetonahill
7/3/2012, 11:44 AM
They can sure Aggie **** up cant they.

badger
7/3/2012, 11:45 AM
I saw an old fart wearing an SEC-themed A&M t-shirt at the swimming olympic trials on TV. It had the SEC logo over the A&M logo.

:rcmad: But, with as bad as their major sports have been lately, about all they can do is embrace their SEC-ness I guess.

7/3/2012, 11:48 AM
What are you talking about? Men's Golf and Equestrian rock!

Ruf/Nek7
7/3/2012, 11:57 AM
I want to know how many times the blonde had to say "cocks"? Funny the only halfway decent looking one gets the vulgar comment. Well played atm.

badger
7/3/2012, 12:11 PM
I want to know how many times the blonde had to say "cocks"? Funny the only halfway decent looking one gets the vulgar comment. Well played atm.

http://i50.tinypic.com/20959jd.png

Bourbon St Sooner
7/3/2012, 01:08 PM
If any school ever belonged in the sec it's aggie.

DarrellZero
7/3/2012, 01:57 PM
Ah Aggie, you magnificent bat****-crazy bastards.

Yeah, we won't miss you.

badger
7/3/2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah, we won't miss you.

What I will miss:
http://www.dominick.ws/photos/Fran%2077-0.jpg

8timechamps
7/3/2012, 02:02 PM
The best part is the comments below the video:

They have been in the SEC for 2 days and are already embarrassing our conference!

Mac94
7/3/2012, 02:27 PM
badger -

Easy fix .... talk the athletic dept into scheduling Texas State ;)

badger
7/3/2012, 02:30 PM
badger -

Easy fix .... talk the athletic dept into scheduling Texas State ;)

No offense, but if Kevin Sumlin doesn't lead you to the promised land (wherever that is), I hope he milks Aggieland for millions before coming back the warm embrace of Sooner Nation as a Stoops assistant again :rcmad:

If it were possible for Sumlin to win while the Aggies lose, I would be all for that. But, since that's now impossible, I'll cheer for him to make tons of money before leaving you all high and dry. Whoop whoop whoop! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mac94
7/3/2012, 02:36 PM
coming back the warm embrace of Sooner Nation as a Stoops assistant again

Of course ... he was an assistant at A&M under RC before he graced Norman ... he was our OC in 2002 when we pulled the shocking upset of Oklahoma in College Station.

OUstud
7/3/2012, 02:39 PM
Nice of them to find the few non-whites on campus to participate as well.

badger
7/3/2012, 02:55 PM
Of course ... he was an assistant at A&M under RC before he graced Norman ... he was our OC in 2002 when we pulled the shocking upset of Oklahoma in College Station.

I was about to strangle you for mentioning that, but then I thought of a good comeback line:

Why yes Aggie, you did win that game with RC at the helm. And then you stupid Aggies fired RC right after that. Thank you for beating OU, RC! Now GTFO!!!!! :rcmad:

badger
7/3/2012, 02:56 PM
Nice of them to find the few non-whites on campus to participate as well.

I am ashamed to admit that I giggle when someone in our viewing party says "Spot the minority!" when they flash shots of the Corps during Aggie games.

Aggie should be ashamed that it's hard to spot the minority. :rcmad:

Mac94
7/3/2012, 03:16 PM
Aggie should be ashamed that it's hard to spot the minority.

Lol ... the two main minority groups in the U.S. are black and Hispanic ... combined OU is roughly 10% B+H .... A&M is roughly 19%

Oklahoma does have a higher percentage of blacks ... A&M has a much larger percentage of Hispanics. Oklahoma also has a "large" Native American percentage at around 6% .... although not suprising considering the respective Native American histories of the two states.

In terms of "White" ... A&M has a percentage at 73% .... Oklahoma at 66% .... the suprise was that OU had a 9.6% "Unknown" category.

http://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg01_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=748

KantoSooner
7/3/2012, 03:25 PM
Not a surprise at all if you walk around campus corner on a Friday night. Lots of unknowns there.

Mac94
7/3/2012, 03:25 PM
I am ashamed to admit that I giggle when someone in our viewing party says "Spot the minority!" when they flash shots of the Corps during Aggie games.

Really not that hard actually ... the real trick is the "find a hot chick" in a Corps uniform game .... good luck with that ;)

Although did have a class once with a hot Waggie ... only hot Corps chick I've ever seen.

Mac94
7/3/2012, 03:27 PM
Not a surprise at all if you walk around campus corner on a Friday night. Lots of unknowns there.

Try downtown Austin and on the drag by UT ;)

KantoSooner
7/3/2012, 03:59 PM
to paraphrase Rumsfeld, "You see, you have the known unknowns (that'd be in Norman) and then you have the unknown unknowns (and that'd be Austin)", you're talking about a quantum jump up into the professional leagues when you move to Austin...in terms of people who can not rightly recall what species they were born into.

badger
7/3/2012, 04:23 PM
More Aggie lameness:
_qz17qBaHpA
You can view it all at aggieathletics.com

badger
7/3/2012, 04:38 PM
Aggie indoctrination, somebody call child services:
XHEJQdnKz1c
And they made the kids "uncover." texags probably had fits. :P

5nbd8WpJMCc
Yell Leaders would be much more fun if they were cute little kids, I guess :rcmad:

8timechamps
7/3/2012, 05:52 PM
to paraphrase Rumsfeld, "You see, you have the known unknowns (that'd be in Norman) and then you have the unknown unknowns (and that'd be Austin)", you're talking about a quantum jump up into the professional leagues when you move to Austin...in terms of people who can not rightly recall what species they were born into.

And then there's Boulder.

LVSOONER15
7/3/2012, 06:29 PM

This. Plus Lubbock.

LVSOONER15
7/3/2012, 06:30 PM

This. Plus Lubbock.

sooneredaco
7/3/2012, 07:07 PM
Wow!!! That's it! Just wow!!!!

soonerboomer93
7/3/2012, 08:40 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/20959jd.png
would smash

Ruf/Nek7
7/3/2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LenfTCVGnvg

I want to meet the people that made this parody. LMAO

IBleedCrimson
7/4/2012, 12:31 AM
Bad concept, worse execution. Kind of like how aggie was tired of losing in the big12... so they join a conference to lose games AND recruits. Well played aggie.

cleller
7/4/2012, 08:04 AM
I shudder at its badness. The Prez showing up looking like a bow tie wearing Poindexter Wallflower at the end sent it into an even deeper goofiness.

badger
7/4/2012, 08:23 AM

It reminds me of the KU fans parodying the Mizzy SEC music video. :)

badger
7/4/2012, 08:40 AM
5-o_reRD7NU

badger
7/4/2012, 09:08 AM
gKIQt3J7QLk

8timechamps
7/4/2012, 12:33 PM
gKIQt3J7QLk

That's the hardest l've laughed this week! Outstanding!

7/4/2012, 12:55 PM
That is some kind of funny.

BB37
7/4/2012, 01:57 PM
Hilarious! Anyone know the source of that clip? Obviously a tx sportstalk radio station...

salth2o
7/4/2012, 02:58 PM
Hilarious! Anyone know the source of that clip? Obviously a tx sportstalk radio station...

It Lance Zierline and he is on 790AM in Houston. He does lots of different impersonations and is great at them all. SEC Guy is one of his best.

Mack Brown on a mobile...

http://www.sports790.com/player/?station=KBME-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=OnaMobile.xml&mid=21689419

Tony "The Hatchetman" Valentine...

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/shows/tony-the-hatchetman-valentine-3-4961

Salt City Sooner
7/4/2012, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LenfTCVGnvg

'horn students. Some of the same ones are on that "Call me Maybe Longhorn Style" clip that comes up when this clip gets done playing.

SicEmBaylor
7/4/2012, 03:29 PM
I think they're co-op student employees.

LASooner
7/5/2012, 01:54 AM
http://alachuapolitix.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ky-jelly.jpg

WELCOME TO THE SEC A&M
The first box is free, the rest you have to buy yourself. Go Cocks.

badger
7/5/2012, 08:13 AM
I think they're co-op student employees.

angry texags posters said they were likely Fish Camp counselors. Texags hates fish camp, hehe

soonerboy_odanorth
7/5/2012, 10:45 AM
I always thought our home-grown LoSuRs were the most pathetic and weak collection of aggiedom in the nation.

Clearly, I never understood the depth and sincerity of aTm in their aggie endeavor. Honestly I thought they were more about engineering than sheep herding. Clearly, I was mistaken. I'm not even sure our LoSuRs are capable of such weak bleating. (Well, they probably are... but who can say for sure now?)

And can you ever imagine someone from Bama or Georgia or Florida shouting out another university's slogan? Chanting 'S-E-C' is one thing. But what they are engaging in is quite another.

Enjoy your butt rapes, aTm. You have well earned them.

Herr Scholz
7/5/2012, 10:52 AM
Ha ha, SEC. They're your embarrassment now. No take backs.

KantoSooner
7/5/2012, 11:13 AM
I only wish LSU would play a few games at Collie Station. My God, the first corpsman who began bitching about grass walking or improper clothing would be bayou-stomped in a New Orleans minute.

And THAT would be enjoyable to watch.

badger
7/5/2012, 11:20 AM
Ha ha, SEC. They're your embarrassment now. No take backs.

We'll murder you in your sleep if you go indy, btw. Same goes for if you ever let Mack retire :mack:

PrideMom
7/5/2012, 11:48 AM
Good news! Now the Big XII only has one team of Aggies! (those disguised as Cowboys)

Mac94
7/5/2012, 11:59 AM
I only wish LSU would play a few games at Collie Station. My God, the first corpsman who began bitching about grass walking or improper clothing would be bayou-stomped in a New Orleans minute.

And THAT would be enjoyable to watch.

Uh ... we played LSU home and home for around 10 years in the 1980's and 90's .... we are familiar with them. Biggest fight I ever saw was some LSU idiots harassing the band on the field after LSU beat us 17-3 in 1987. They got beat down by some tuba players and then were arrested for tresspassing. They are a roudy bunch ... and if you are so interested .... LSU @ Texas A&M October 20th.

Herr Scholz
7/5/2012, 02:30 PM
LSU @ Texas A&M October 20th.
I can't wait until this game moves to Thanksgiving. I'll be able to laugh at my aggie relatives after turkey.

KantoSooner
7/5/2012, 02:45 PM
Mac,
I really wasn't that interested, but thanks for the scheduling background. My comments were more on the order of a generalized slur meant to imply that A&M is not likely to enjoy much success in the SEC and will also more than likely have to endure truly sub-human behavior from many of your new found friends.
Enjoy

badger
7/5/2012, 02:58 PM
Uh ... we played LSU home and home for around 10 years in the 1980's and 90's .... we are familiar with them. Biggest fight I ever saw was some LSU idiots harassing the band on the field after LSU beat us 17-3 in 1987. They got beat down by some tuba players and then were arrested for tresspassing. They are a roudy bunch ... and if you are so interested .... LSU @ Texas A&M October 20th.

Those LSU boys probably had nothing on the SMU cheerleaders trying to make snow angels on your sacred Kyle Field following a pony victory, eh?

soonerboy_odanorth
7/5/2012, 03:09 PM
Mac,
I really wasn't that interested, but thanks for the scheduling background. My comments were more on the order of a generalized slur meant to imply that A&M is not likely to enjoy much success in the SEC and will also more than likely have to endure truly sub-human behavior from many of your new found friends.
Enjoy

Mac,

To echo Kanto...

And if you think LSU is bad, just wait until you get a load of the other "UT" louts. Sub-human indeed. In a few years after bumping into their stink a couple of times you'll pine for burnt orange as opposed to their shade.

Good luck with that.

-sbodn

Scott D
7/5/2012, 04:15 PM
did you guys go run off sabanboy I'm still waiting to see his spin on this.

badger
7/5/2012, 04:23 PM
did you guys go run off sabanboy I'm still waiting to see his spin on this.

Poor Sabanball. I think a lot of people here confuse him with the generally unbearable S-E-C! chanters of that conference and don't group him with the really cool Bammers that we got to meet during our home-and-home back in the early aughts. It would be like non-Oklahomans grouping us with Sally Kern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Kern) even if we have no idea who that is or what she's said lately to make national headlines :(

SoonerBread
7/6/2012, 11:08 AM
Someone call the whambulance. (houston.sbnation.com/texas-a-m-aggies/2012/7/6/3139862/texas-am-sec-traditions-video-football-2012)

Must be an SEC thing. There's a link in the story to a video of Missip State doing kinda-sorta the same thing. But not really. But this chick is hot.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/6/2012, 11:29 AM
Good news! Now the Big XII only has one team of Aggies! (those disguised as Cowboys)

The folks wearing purple up the road in the Animal Husbandry Dept. will be disappointed you didn't give them a mention.

badger
7/6/2012, 11:36 AM
The folks wearing purple up the road in the Animal Husbandry Dept. will be disappointed you didn't give them a mention.

Oh yes, how could we forget splinter butt stadium. :mad:

7/6/2012, 11:33 PM

Having witnessed THE Aggie experience, I doubt the kitties even noticed.

SoonerMarkVA
7/7/2012, 10:28 AM

Holy crap, the "Col Sanders" piece at the end was absolutely hysterical! Rest of it was good, but the end had my crying.

badger
7/7/2012, 11:03 AM
Overly Attached Aggie?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2012/video-tamu-sec-cheers/?utm_source=SDS&utm_medium=twitter

I think Texas A&M tried to remove the video from the Internet, much like the Yell Leaders once tried to remove 'tra la la.' Something tells me it's still out there :P

birddog
7/8/2012, 01:20 AM
yeah, says removed due to copyright infringement. can't wait to see it get handed to em game after game.

should be fun.

KantoSooner
7/9/2012, 09:34 AM
What's amazing to me is that they just keep on doing things like this down the years. It's as though they lack the essential sense of what is assinine that is possessed by the balance of humanity.
Aggie is as aggie does.

badger
7/9/2012, 10:25 AM
yeah, says removed due to copyright infringement. can't wait to see it get handed to em game after game.

should be fun.

What's funny is now the only version available on the Internet is the parody which makes fun of A&M and makes them look foolish, rather than the "sportsmanship" version, lol.

badger
7/13/2012, 11:27 AM
Oh and more A&M awkwardness:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb393/lynns65/4fc04b5d.jpg
Now that you don't have Tech and whorn to kick around, your rivals are... Georgia and Mizzou?!?! :rcmad:

Scott D
7/13/2012, 11:51 AM
Oh and more A&M awkwardness:
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb393/lynns65/4fc04b5d.jpg
Now that you don't have Tech and whorn to kick around, your rivals are... Georgia and Mizzou?!?! :rcmad:

well to be fair, Georgia is probably a good choice with their leading the way on the police blotter so far in 2012.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/13/2012, 01:19 PM
Let's cut to the chase: How long do you give them to be politicking their way back into the BigXII?

I keep hearing that as much excitement as there is, there has been a pretty strong backlash, too. They can put all the lipstick they want on this pig. But it is getting uglier by the minute. They are already grasping...

badger
7/13/2012, 01:32 PM
Let's cut to the chase: How long do you give them to be politicking their way back into the BigXII?

I keep hearing that as much excitement as there is, there has been a pretty strong backlash, too. They can put all the lipstick they want on this pig. But it is getting uglier by the minute. They are already grasping...

Something pretty big would have to make that happens, with as much as their fans hate "t.u."