PDA

View Full Version : Teammate of no 1 recruit transfers from Miss st to Clemson

Mazeppa
7/2/2012, 09:30 PM
Teammate of No. 1 recruit transfers from Miss. St. to Clemson
Posted by Ben Kercheval on July 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT

Though Grayson High School (GA) quarterback Nick Schuessler signed with and eventually enrolled early at Mississippi State this year, he’ll be going to Clemson instead.
Schuessler decided to leave Starkville last week, just a few weeks after enrolling in summer school, to play closer to home, and potentially, with his former high school teammates. Grayson running back Wayne Gallman, defensive back David Kamara and No. 1 recruit Robert Nkemdiche have all verbally committed to the Tigers for the class of 2013.
“Well, of course, Robert, David and Wayne all played a special role in me deciding to go to Clemson – they are family to me and I couldn’t turn down the opportunity to get to play with them again,” Schuessler told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Schuessler, a two-star recruit from 2012, will join Clemson as a preferred walk-on and could report to the school in time for fall camp.
“The way my release [from Mississippi State] is, I’m not allowed to have financial aid for like the first semester or something like that, so yes I will be a preferred walk-on until I earn my scholarship,” Schuessler said.