PDA

View Full Version : okie state picks up kicker (for those who care)

Mazeppa
7/2/2012, 09:25 PM
Ok. St. reportedly picks up former No. 1 kicker in transfer
Posted by Ben Kercheval on July 2, 2012, 5:16 PM EDT
Slow news day.
Be that as it may, Oklahoma State is undoubtedly happy to add a kicker who will likely succeed All-American and Lou Groza semifinalist Quinn Sharp.
The Oklahoman reports that former UCLA kicker Kip Smith has transferred to Cowboys and will sit out a year to satisfy NCAA transfer requirements. The school has yet to officially announce the addition.
The former No. 1 kicker in the country in 2010 according to Rivals.com, Smith earned the starting duties for the Bruins this past year before suffering a season-ending injury after just two games. Smith’s decision to transfer came earlier this spring.
Sharp will be a redshirt senior this year.

Curly Bill
7/2/2012, 09:37 PM
I guess it would have been too much for us to land a kicker who can, you know...actually kick?

badger
7/3/2012, 09:16 AM
I guess it would have been too much for us to land a kicker who can, you know...actually kick?

Meh, at least our kicker didn't cost us a perfect season.

D'OH HO HO! :stunned:
_Pg1rX-aPXc

goingoneight
7/3/2012, 06:48 PM
Knowing OSU's luck, this kid will be another 1st team AA as soon as Sharp is gone. Whatever happened to the day and age when OSU surrendered back-breaking punt return touchdowns and pushed last-second field goals wide right? :D

thecrimsoncrusader
7/5/2012, 07:46 AM

Kickoffs or field goals? I think the Sooners are in great shape in the latter department for the next few years barring a sophomore jinx this season. We don't need to talk about the former though.