PDA

View Full Version : Moving back to Utah

soonerhubs
7/1/2012, 01:27 PM
Well... We were to Laramie when our Tire checking found a severely damaged trailer Tire. Penske is sending a tire guy in 30. #boredinwyoming

SanJoaquinSooner
7/1/2012, 01:46 PM
Well... We were to Laramie when our Tire checking found a severely damaged trailer Tire. Penske is sending a tire guy in 30. #boredinwyoming

where was the starting point of the trip?

soonerhubs
7/1/2012, 11:08 PM
Stillwater, Oklahoma.

olevetonahill
7/1/2012, 11:21 PM
Hope ya have a safe trip Bro. Good luck to Yall

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/1/2012, 11:58 PM
Stillwater, Oklahoma.Now we know why you might have had some cranky moments in recent times!

7/2/2012, 11:50 AM
Say Hi to Uncle Rico from us.

GDC
7/3/2012, 08:33 PM
Did you make it?

olevetonahill
7/3/2012, 08:46 PM
Did you make it?

I hope so

Turd_Ferguson
7/3/2012, 09:20 PM
Say Hi to Uncle Rico from us.I thought Uncle Rico was in Preston, ID...anyway, Hope everything is well Hubs. If your following 80 into SLC pulling a trailer...be very careful. Starting around the Park City area is one of the worst grade slopes I've ever been down.

olevetonahill
7/3/2012, 09:46 PM
I thought Uncle Rico was in Preston, ID...anyway, Hope everything is well Hubs. If your following 80 into SLC pulling a trailer...be very careful. Starting around the Park City area is one of the worst grade slopes I've ever been down.
Yer to late bro
He done lost breaks and went over the side

soonerhubs
7/3/2012, 10:43 PM
Hope ya have a safe trip Bro. Good luck to Yall
Thanks! We made it Sunday night. So glad to be rid of that truck.

Now we know why you might have had some cranky moments in recent times!

Oh come now... It was a delightful place to live, in spite of all the rumors to the contrary. :)

Say Hi to Uncle Rico from us.
Will do. We like to make it to Preston a couple of times per year.

Did you make it?
Yeppers.

Yer to late bro

We avoided that steep grade as we took the I-84 route to Ogden.

It's strange, but I already miss our little country shack. :(

Turd_Ferguson
7/3/2012, 10:44 PM
Yer to late bro

First time I ever went that direction, I had a 12k# trailer behind me and pulled over at the Lone Tree parking area in Wyoming to pee. I noticed the trailer brakes didn't grab whenever I pulled in. Got out an pee'd and checked out the brakes. I couldn't find what the problem was, so I just meandered on toward SLC.

I had tears well'n up in my eyes by the time I got down from Park City. I bet all four rotor's were glowing...

Here's the Lone Tree...It was real foggy when I pulled in there. I pee'd right next to that sign.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_yvNO72dNE2Y/Sl9Bh6cr9EI/AAAAAAAAB1c/fI7iPQnBTsQ/1274 Lone Tree in median I 80 Mile 333 WY[2].jpg

Turd_Ferguson
7/3/2012, 10:46 PM
Great to hear Hubs. Did you move to Ogden? Pretty town.

soonerhubs
7/3/2012, 10:47 PM
First time I ever went that direction, I had a 12k# trailer behind me and pulled over at the Lone Tree parking area in Wyoming to pee. I noticed the trailer brakes didn't grab whenever I pulled in. Got out an pee'd and checked out the brakes. I couldn't find what the problem was, so I just meandered on toward SLC.

I had tears well'n up in my eyes by the time I got down from Park City. I bet all four rotor's were glowing...

Here's the Lone Tree...It was real foggy when I pulled in there. I pee'd right next to that sign.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_yvNO72dNE2Y/Sl9Bh6cr9EI/AAAAAAAAB1c/fI7iPQnBTsQ/1274 Lone Tree in median I 80 Mile 333 WY[2].jpg

We stopped at this tree for the first time this year. I've taken the Utah to Oklahoma route more times than I can count, but we'd never stopped to appreciate some of the little sites like this. It's even more meaningful now. ;)

soonerhubs
7/3/2012, 10:49 PM
Great to hear Hubs. Did you move to Ogden? Pretty town.

Yessir. I will be working at Weber State this fall. We close on a house in Washington Terrace (a suburb) this August.

Turd_Ferguson
7/3/2012, 10:59 PM
Yessir. I will be working at Weber State this fall. We close on a house in Washington Terrace (a suburb) this August.Congrats. Don't know what the winters are like over there, but the summer's are awfully pretty.

Curly Bill
7/3/2012, 11:02 PM

So, we should wait for the news story of how this tree is dying of mysterious causes?

Turd_Ferguson
7/3/2012, 11:07 PM
So, we should wait for the news story of how this tree is dying of mysterious causes?Well, now that you mention it, I think that tree was standing straight when I got there...:culpability:

cleller
7/4/2012, 08:44 AM
I took a leak outside last night and steam boiled up.