PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Dismisses Top Prep RB of 2010 and 2011 SEC Frosh O-Player/Yr Isaiah Crowell

Sabanball
6/30/2012, 08:13 PM
What is it with these kids coming up today to think they can get away with this kind of stupidity? In his case...for felony weapons charges. I really think Mizzou might make a run now in the SEC East and have a shot at getting to ATL in their first season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/poor-decisions-by-isaiah-crowell-gave-georgia-no-other-choice-but-dismissal-of-top-running-back-after-weapons-arrest-063012

marfacowboy
6/30/2012, 08:35 PM
Double dumb

Sabanball
6/30/2012, 08:43 PM
Yep. Especially the scratched off serial number on the gun. With that alone, being dismissed from school is the LEAST of his problems.

MyT Oklahoma
6/30/2012, 10:02 PM
"You have the right to remain stupid...." << The winner of this week's award.

kbsooner21
7/1/2012, 01:44 AM
Wasn't near as good at THUGA as he was touted to be. Not surprised at the caliber of athlete recruited by an SEC school. Prolly find a gray shirt for him...

HAMTTX
7/1/2012, 04:00 AM
He is exactly what is running through the SECSECSEC right now. They all have subscribed to the 80's Miami formula way of doing things, and are very successful at it. You have it from all of the contenders in that conference. I would venture a guess that overall not bad kids, but borderline. It does not surprise me, but I understand what it will take to beat them, and quite honestly I don't know that it is worth it. How they get them through the clearing house is what I really don't understand.

picasso
7/1/2012, 09:38 AM
Mizzou will need a few seasons to adapt to that SEC speed.

Sabanball
7/1/2012, 10:23 AM
Sometimes I think that I could start a thread about Jesus Christ on here and someone would turn IT into an SEC- bashing thread. Good lord....but back to the subject at hand. It just astounds me that these kids think that they can get away with this kind of stuff. A little surprising too because my understanding is that he comes from a pretty good background(one of both of his parents are educators). Looks like Mark Richt's 'dream team' is quickly becoming a bunch of thugs.

picasso
7/1/2012, 10:38 AM
Oh get over it. This is a stupid sports message board. If you WERE doing the Lord's work, I'd be in full support.
By the way, the Mizzou QB stays in the pocket waaaaaaaaay too long for that SEC speed on the edge.

marfacowboy
7/1/2012, 10:41 AM
Well, it gets back to something I was saying a week or so ago about schools and their willingness to take these kids. Not all schools, but a lot of them, and certainly some are more willing than others. The lure of money and the need for it to fund programs is apparently too much.
We had our own trouble with it during the Switzer years, but schools like LSU and Georgia seem filled to the brim with them.I remember watching Georgia's kids jump up and down on the "T" in the middle of Neyland stadium shortly after Richt's arrival in Athens. He stood and watched them behave like low rent, disrespectful jerks. I knew exactly what kind of kids he was taking then.

picasso
7/1/2012, 04:12 PM
Switzer had some brash players but Bosworth is the only one I can ever recall doing any sort of taunting.
There is a need for some of that to a lesser extreme, ala Torrance Marshall towards Weinke and Josh Scobey.

kbsooner21
7/1/2012, 04:23 PM
Sometimes I think that I could start a thread about Jesus Christ on here and someone would turn IT into an SEC- bashing thread. Good lord....but back to the subject at hand. It just astounds me that these kids think that they can get away with this kind of stuff. A little surprising too because my understanding is that he comes from a pretty good background(one of both of his parents are educators). Looks like Mark Richt's 'dream team' is quickly becoming a bunch of thugs.

Yea, go figure that on an OKLAHOMA, Big 12 board :disturbed:

Mark_in_Tulsa
7/1/2012, 06:04 PM
Sometimes I think that I could start a thread about Jesus Christ on here and someone would turn IT into an SEC- bashing thread.

Well He does hate the SEC.

Seamus
7/1/2012, 08:49 PM

If Jesus had gone to an SEC school, He would have risen in one day.

miesvander
7/2/2012, 07:40 AM
If Jesus had gone to an SEC school, He would have risen in one day.

Hold on a sec, what do you mean "IF"?!?! I thought he went to Florida and played quarterback for Urban Meyer. Am I missing something here?

budbarrybob
7/2/2012, 03:15 PM
Hold on a sec, what do you mean "IF"?!?! I thought he went to Florida and played quarterback for Urban Meyer. Am I missing something here?

HOLY S**T! Best post of the off-season!!!

badger
7/2/2012, 03:35 PM
Sometimes I think that I could start a thread about Jesus Christ on here and someone would turn IT into an SEC- bashing thread.

You have to admit, the Fulmer Cups have seemed to be full of SECness lately. I mean, TCU pretty much had the thing sewn up and Arky had to go and steal the Cup away from our poor little horny toads.

I don't think people intentionally are trying to hate on the SEC. Your recent success (and LSU's and Florida's and little sissy Auburn too, yes) is a recipe for coaches to take shortcuts to success or become ex-coaches. It is no longer good enough in the SEC to make bowl games and compete for divisional titles... your conference's fans seem to be demanding annual trips to the BCS Championship game!

As such, it seems that in college football and especially in the SEC lately, character is secondary to athletic ability... and sadly, the same (sub in "coaching" for "athletic") could be said about coaches that are grayshirt-happy and cutting players loose if they don't live up to their high recruit rankings (not for academic or disciplinary issues).

SoonerAtKU
7/3/2012, 11:16 AM

To be fair, if your fan bases wouldn't all chant about your conference, then you wouldn't get tarred with the same brush. That's why it doesn't reflect badly on OU when little brother pulls some shady ****.

ouflak
7/11/2012, 02:29 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/07/vince-dooley-georgia-isaiah-crowell-bad-apple/1

Sounds like this kid was just a lot of trouble. I hope he finds a path through all of this to maturity. But I think it's obvious that path does not go through college.