PDA

View Full Version : Mom gets billed for cost of cleaning dead sons blood off street?

Sooner5030
6/30/2012, 04:32 PM
I hope something is missing out of this story. I'm not sure what prudent person would send a bill to a parent for cleaning their deceased son's blood off the streets. Anyone ever worked for one of these outfits? Cant they just bill the city? Or just add some fluff to the towing bill rather than line item for cleaning the blood off the streets?

www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/25/mom-slapped-with-bill-to-clean-street-after-son-killed-by-illegal-immigrant/?intcmp=obinsite#ixzz1zHQthnlN

GREENVILLE, SC – A grieving mother told a South Carolina court she was slapped with several bills, including one to clean the street after her son was killed by a drunken driver last year.

Loretta Robinson spoke on June 19 of the emotional and financial toll her son Justin Walker's death had on her as the driver Anna Gonzales, who is an illegal immigrant, pleaded guilty in the case.

Robinson told the judge she has been unable to work due to the emotional impact of her son's death, and can't pay the bills she keeps receiving from the accident even though her son was not at fault, WYFF reports.

"I had to pay to have the vehicle towed," she said according to WYFF. "I had to pay for the vehicle removed and to clean up the street from Justin's blood on the ground."

Robinson said the $50 bill to clean the street stung the most.

"First of all, having to open the mail and look at the charge to the deceased, Justin Darryl Walker -- the deceased! It's just a hard thing to deal with in the context of your child," she said according to WYFF.

Robinson says she doesn't expect to get any money from Gonzales. The state's victim assistance fund has provided some money, but it primarily covers funeral, medical and counseling expenses.

Gonzales, an illegal immigrant who didn't have a South Carolina driver's license, was sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/25/mom-slapped-with-bill-to-clean-street-after-son-killed-by-illegal-immigrant/?intcmp=obinsite#ixzz1zJYQ3h3k

soonercruiser
6/30/2012, 07:15 PM
Will Ms. Gonzales not be able to pay her "fair share" from prison?
Or will all her pay in prison go to smuggled drugs?

C&CDean
6/30/2012, 08:46 PM
There's gotta be some racism going on up in this hizzouse, no? I mean otherwise, who gets billed for their kids' mess? Weird stuff.

olevetonahill
6/30/2012, 09:37 PM
There's gotta be some racism going on up in this hizzouse, no? I mean otherwise, who gets billed for their kids' mess? Weird stuff.

What Im thinkin bro. Hell the dude was 30, Why is his MOM gettin any kind a bill for anything unless it was her truck he was driving

Have a feeling we aint hearing the Paul Harvey version of this

okie52
7/1/2012, 09:10 AM
Instead of prison Ms Gonzales should be Mrs. Robinson's slave for the next 17 years.

cleller
7/1/2012, 11:55 AM
Since he was killed as a result of an auto accident, there would have been an accident report made out. In the old days here, the party listed as #1 was generally the one at fault in the accident. (its changed some now). A peculiarity of the form was that pedestrians always had to be listed as #1, also.

IF this were the case in South Carolina, its possible that some inexperienced city clerk got ahold of the report to see if there was anyone the city could bill. They might have just sent out bills to whoever was listed as #1.

Just a thought.

KantoSooner
7/2/2012, 10:53 AM
Excuse me for seeming cold, but $50? For what? Two buckets of water and voila! problem solved.
It's not like our streets are not pretty well soaked in:

1. Animal urine and excrement
2. Dear animal bodies - that then stew until scavengers or the wind disperse their remnants.
3. Crushed insects and bodily fluids of insects.
4. Tobacco product remnants, some mixed with human saliva.
5. Spit
6. Used diapers
7. Food leftovers/drink leftovers - which then ferment and decay in situ
8. Diesel soot
9.rain and snow-borne aerial pollutants
10. chewing gum and snot.
11. Old bandaids.

and, well, you get the picture. A couple quarts of nice, wholesome human blood? Washed down the storm drain with tap water? Not an issue. And not $50, either.

Bourbon St Sooner
7/2/2012, 12:57 PM
Down here in New Orleans, we just wait for the next rain to take care of that.

Midtowner
7/2/2012, 01:14 PM
What does it cost the city to employ clerks to comb through accident reports to send out bills to non-responsible parties?

pphilfran
7/2/2012, 01:23 PM
Excuse me for seeming cold, but $50? For what? Two buckets of water and voila! problem solved.

2. Dear animal bodies - that then stew until scavengers or the wind disperse their remnants.
5. Spit
6. Used diapers
8. Diesel soot
11. Old bandaids.

and, well, you get the picture. A couple quarts of nice, wholesome human blood? Washed down the storm drain with tap water? Not an issue. And not $50, either.

The $50 buck charge is because they use the hospital accounting method...

soonercruiser
7/2/2012, 02:39 PM

5. Spit
6. Used diapers
8. Diesel soot
11. Old bandaids.

You sayin' our streets are not OSHA compliant?

KantoSooner
7/2/2012, 03:16 PM
That would be a fair conclusion.

cleller
7/2/2012, 07:10 PM

5. Spit
6. Used diapers
8. Diesel soot
11. Old bandaids.

Probably because it was handled by the fire department, with the big fire truck, plus some haz mat type biodegradable solution. $50 actually sounds pretty cheap in that regard. The fire department would have been there anyway due to the wreck, probably knocked the cost down.

I guess citizens are tired of footing the bill for every accident, and want their city to bill someone responsible whenever possible. Unfortunately, this time they got it wrong. If they'd billed the illegal alien drunk, we'd all feel better. (If there was actually a way to make her pay)

Tulsa_Fireman
7/3/2012, 10:46 PM
Or a remediation service.

Some departments don't provide post-accident clean-up, leaving it to the vehicle removal services (AKA wrecker driver) to clean up the mess. And in situations where those departments DON'T do post-accident clean-up and the wrecker driver has a significant biohazard at the accident scene (AKA blood), that wrecker driver calls a remediation service to mitigate the biohazard because he's a wrecker driver, not a certified hazardous materials remediation technician.

The remediation service, being a private company, arrives on the scene, cleans up the mess, and has a bill to be paid for the services provided. Apparently the question at hand isn't why, but who should pay the bill because there's a bill that needs paying to pay the salaries of the workers of that private company responsible for remediating the scene. Is it unfortunate that mom got a bill for the fatality accident that took her son? Yes, and my prayers and heart go out to her.

But SOMEBODY has to pay it. Folks don't do that stuff for free.

Turd_Ferguson
7/3/2012, 11:03 PM
Hell, I've watched the Fire Dept. hose that **** down the curb and into a storm drain, with plain water...

Tulsa_Fireman
7/3/2012, 11:14 PM
Doesn't make it right. OR legal.

Curly Bill
7/3/2012, 11:26 PM
Obamacare doesn't have this covered?

Turd_Ferguson
7/3/2012, 11:46 PM
Obamacare doesn't have this covered?You'll have to pass it to find out whats in it...oh, wait.

Curly Bill
7/3/2012, 11:50 PM
You'll have to pass it to find out whats in it...oh, wait.

Maybe South Carolina will be one of the states that give the finger to Obama and Obamacare? If so, they'll have to go this one alone.

...but, why not take the illegal messican that killed the dude out there with a bucket of soap & water and put her to work?

Turd_Ferguson
7/4/2012, 12:14 AM
Maybe South Carolina will be one of the states that give the finger to Obama and Obamacare? If so, they'll have to go this one alone.

...but, why not take the illegal messican that killed the dude out there with a bucket of soap & water and put her to work?What? Make somebody be responsible for their actions? That just crazy talk right there...

Curly Bill
7/4/2012, 12:21 AM
What? Make somebody be responsible for their actions? That just crazy talk right there...

Yeah....I forgot!

cleller
7/4/2012, 07:54 AM

...but, why not take the illegal messican that killed the dude out there with a bucket of soap & water and put her to work?

Going straight to that inhuman right wing tactic of humiliation for the irresponsible, eh? Maybe we should try to examine the forces that caused her to make such poor decisions, and address them? Establish a support network? Feed and school her children, and fix their teeth?

Oh well, maybe she'll be in prison long enough to learn english, if she doesn't get out on bond and head south.

soonercruiser
7/4/2012, 11:33 AM
Going straight to that inhuman right wing tactic of humiliation for the irresponsible, eh? Maybe we should try to examine the forces that caused her to make such poor decisions, and address them? Establish a support network? Feed and school her children, and fix their teeth?

Oh well, maybe she'll be in prison long enough to learn english, if she doesn't get out on bond and head south.

Oh....here we go again....Boooosh's fault!
BTW - like we do here in OkieLand....they get their teeth fixed for free, even if they are undocumented!
Duh!

olevetonahill
7/4/2012, 11:35 AM
Oh....here we go again....Boooosh's fault!
BTW - like we do here in OkieLand....they get their teeth fixed for free, even if they are undocumented!
Duh!

You really dont understand sarcasm do ya?

Turd_Ferguson
7/4/2012, 12:00 PM
You really dont understand sarcasm do ya?I'm start'n to think SC drinks more than we do...

olevetonahill
7/4/2012, 12:06 PM
I'm start'n to think SC drinks more than we do...

Heh, He is retired Military i think.

Curly Bill
7/5/2012, 10:12 AM
You really dont understand sarcasm do ya?

I got it! :)

olevetonahill
7/5/2012, 10:20 AM
I got it! :)
Reckon we orta do a Drankin intervention er sompun fer Cruiser ?

Curly Bill
7/5/2012, 10:24 AM
Reckon we orta do a Drankin intervention er sompun fer Cruiser ?

Oh...I don't know??? I kinda like the way he's always fighting with the libs over here.

olevetonahill
7/5/2012, 10:27 AM
Oh...I don't know??? I kinda like the way he's always fighting with the libs over here.

:watermelon:

Curly Bill
7/5/2012, 10:32 AM
I like a guy that keeps the libs stirred up. I don't have the energy to try & enlighten those fools.