PDA

View Full Version : TCU party extravaganza

Ruf/Nek7
6/30/2012, 09:19 AM
TCU fans celebrating the entrance to the BIG XII tonight, in style. BIlly Bob's Texas (large country bar for those who know) has Waylan Jennings performing live and starting at midnight, they're hosting a huge party that includes fireworks for the announcement of their membership. Someone is excited.

Widescreen
6/30/2012, 10:48 AM
And the football season will start and they'll wish they were back in intramurals again.

OklahomaSooners
6/30/2012, 12:27 PM
Waylan Jennings has passed on, so ya think the party is dead too?

Ruf/Nek7
6/30/2012, 03:10 PM

Good job, you win the prize...I totally did that to see if someone would catch it. It actually is Merle Haggard.

picasso
7/1/2012, 09:39 AM
Actually that was Waylon. Waylan Jennings is probably alive and well.

badger
7/2/2012, 08:12 AM
DO NOT LICK THE HORNED FROG.

W84DLa0CLNE
XWN3OXTsMlw
lTfJIOU4MnA

PrideMom
7/2/2012, 09:08 AM
Wait till they play Kansas State, and see how late hits affect their program.....

Tear Down This Wall
7/2/2012, 01:28 PM
They can celebrate all they want, it doesn't make them suck any less. They will be pounded in the Big 12, and rightfully so. We'll see how much they celebrate after getting their tails kicked for a few seasons in a row. Hope they all have copies of their one Rose Bowl game because that was their zenith.

So embarrassing to be in a conference with TCU. Awful.

badger
7/2/2012, 02:11 PM
Wait till they play Kansas State, and see how late hits affect their program.....

I think the universe would implode... not from purple-on-purple violence, but rather, a program that purposefully has a non-conference schedule filled with cupcakes to make it through its big boy conference season meets a program that purposefully has a non-conference schedule filled with big boys to make up for it's conference season filled with cupcakes.

KantoSooner
7/2/2012, 03:05 PM
I think TCU will do much better than many assume. At last check, they could actually stop the run and didn't give up slant patterns and deep post routes as a matter of course 6-10 times a game. That will be something new they could bring to the Big12.

And, no, I am not a hater. I'm just damn tired of watching half assed defenses define our conference.

badger
7/2/2012, 03:06 PM
I think TCU will do much better than many assume. At last check, they could actually stop the run and didn't give up slant patterns and deep post routes as a matter of course 6-10 times a game. That will be something new they could bring to the Big12.

And, no, I am not a hater. I'm just damn tired of watching half assed defenses define our conference.

If they suck this year, don't blame big boy scheduling entirely. Remember that they have a Fulmer Cup incident (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2012/2/15/2800178/fulmer-cupdate-tcu-special-edition) in the offseason that has probably already doomed their 2012-13 season.

Tear Down This Wall
7/2/2012, 04:43 PM

Yes, because it's been difficult for everyone else in the country to figure out how to shut down the offenses of New Mexico, UNLV, and Colorado State over the last decade.

KantoSooner
7/2/2012, 04:57 PM
My point is that they've at least tried to dominate people. We've 'bent but not broken' to the point that it feels like we needed to put 35 on the scoreboard just to have a shot.

Widescreen
7/2/2012, 05:35 PM
I don't think TCU has the depth yet to compete at a high level week-in-and-week-out in the Big 12.

LVSOONER15
7/2/2012, 09:04 PM
Whoopty effin dooo.

ouflak
7/3/2012, 02:09 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1065917547111_2003/10/16/frog.jpg

Curly Bill
7/3/2012, 02:17 AM
TCU will be just fine in the Big 12. I'm not saying they're gonna win the thing, but those of ya that are saying they'll be dominated or not compete are clueless.

Tear Down This Wall
7/3/2012, 11:13 AM
My point is that they've at least tried to dominate people. We've 'bent but not broken' to the point that it feels like we needed to put 35 on the scoreboard just to have a shot.

You tend to bend more when the competition level is high. New Mexico, UNLV, and Colorado State don't bend anyone.

Look, TCU has spent a long, long time in crappy conferences. I don't care how many running backs they're switched to defensive linemen, the Big 12 is a different animal altogether than the WAC and MWC.

West Virginia is a horrible fit geographically, and TCU is a terrible fit competitively. The Big 12 was forced to take leftovers in the realignment game. The Big East was falling apart on West Virginia, and the MWC had no chance in hell of ever getting a decent TV deal for its members, so TCU split.

Our leadership had no idea what to do during the whole process. At one point, they sent Bob out to say the Texas game wasn't important. The whole thing was Longhorn-driven from the get-go, and our dolts running the show just drifted along.

And, so, we end up at a point where the best of our traditional Big 8 rivals are gone, and we're stuck with yet another crappy, former SWC school...plus far-flung West Virginia.

It's a joke. It's sickening that we stuck around for the punchline instead of getting the hell out.

We used to end the season playing Nebraska for conference titles and, many times, a chance to stay in a national championship hunt. Now, we end the season in Fort Worth playing a school that changes its uniform at Nike's whim. It's gross.

KantoSooner
7/3/2012, 11:31 AM
to which I'll simply reply, 'There, there, it's not that bad. We couild've taken on SMU...'

Petro-Sooner
7/3/2012, 03:28 PM

You tend to bend more when the competition level is high. New Mexico, UNLV, and Colorado State don't bend anyone.

Look, TCU has spent a long, long time in crappy conferences. I don't care how many running backs they're switched to defensive linemen, the Big 12 is a different animal altogether than the WAC and MWC.

West Virginia is a horrible fit geographically, and TCU is a terrible fit competitively. The Big 12 was forced to take leftovers in the realignment game. The Big East was falling apart on West Virginia, and the MWC had no chance in hell of ever getting a decent TV deal for its members, so TCU split.

Our leadership had no idea what to do during the whole process. At one point, they sent Bob out to say the Texas game wasn't important. The whole thing was Longhorn-driven from the get-go, and our dolts running the show just drifted along.

And, so, we end up at a point where the best of our traditional Big 8 rivals are gone, and we're stuck with yet another crappy, former SWC school...plus far-fung West Virginia.

It's a joke. It's sickening that we stuck around for the punchline instead of getting the hell out.

We used to end the season playing Nebraska for conference titles and, many times, a chance to stay in a national championship hunt. Now, we end the season in Fort Worth playing a school that changes its uniform at Nike's whim. It's gross.

Well put.

Mac94
7/3/2012, 03:34 PM
We used to end the season playing Nebraska for conference titles and, many times, a chance to stay in a national championship hunt.

Being in Austin don;t hear much on Sooner football rumors ... but ... honest question ... back in the day OU played Texas OOC and Nebraska in the Big-8 ... any talk, thoughts, anything on trying to get a long term OOC with Nebraska since Texas is a conference game? Greatest loss in the realignment mess is the loss of one of the greatest rivalries in college football. Miss the Sooner - Husker game.

8timechamps
7/3/2012, 05:58 PM

I can't help but to think that TCU will struggle more than they think they will. I get what you're saying, but TDTW made a good point. They simply haven't seen the level of talent they will face week in and week out. How will they do when they don't get a month to prepare for a good team (i.e. the Rose Bowl). In the Big XII, any team can knock you out (see Taco Tech and ISU in 2011). Well, maybe not KU, but the others can.

I would be more surprised to see TCU still in the hunt for the conference title when we visit Ft. Worth.

8timechamps
7/3/2012, 06:00 PM
Being in Austin don;t hear much on Sooner football rumors ... but ... honest question ... back in the day OU played Texas OOC and Nebraska in the Big-8 ... any talk, thoughts, anything on trying to get a long term OOC with Nebraska since Texas is a conference game? Greatest loss in the realignment mess is the loss of one of the greatest rivalries in college football. Miss the Sooner - Husker game.

There have been talks between the schools to renew the game, but nothing official yet. If SOS becomes an important factor in the playoff selection, it would benefit both schools to have the other on their schedule.

MamaMia
7/4/2012, 06:06 AM
Wait till they play Kansas State, and see how late hits affect their program.....That just might put a little damper on their tricky plays. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/smilies/giggle.gif

mainline13
7/10/2012, 07:00 PM
I think the universe would implode... not from purple-on-purple violence, but rather, a program that purposefully has a non-conference schedule filled with cupcakes to make it through its big boy conference season meets a program that purposefully has a non-conference schedule filled with big boys to make up for it's conference season filled with cupcakes.

I never thought of it that way. Hmm. It's like matter and anti-matter, I guess. I kinda like it.

ouflak
7/11/2012, 02:15 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again...

http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1065917547111_2003/10/16/frog.jpg