PDA

View Full Version : Diverdog vs Sapp

diverdog
6/30/2012, 07:32 AM
A day in the life of ole DD vs Sapp on the political boards for the past 5 years can be boiled down to this:

Sapp: I came here for a good argument.

DD: No you didn't, you came here for an argument.

Sapp: Well, an argument's not the same as contradiction.

DD: It can be.

Sapp: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements to establish a definite proposition.

DD: No it isn't.

Sapp: Yes it is. It isn't just contradiction.

DD: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.

Sapp: But it isn't just saying 'No it isn't'.

DD: Yes it is.

Sapp: No it isn't, Argument is an intellectual process ... contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

DD: No it isn't.

Sapp: Yes it is.

And so it goes :)

cleller
6/30/2012, 07:44 AM
At least its not going on in all caps.

diverdog
6/30/2012, 08:17 AM
At least its not going on in all caps.

Crap I knew I missed something.

Actually I like the really smart rightie posters. I consider you in that group and it makes for good honest tough debate. C&C Dean does as good of a job of cutting to the chase of an argument as anyone I have seen. I would not have wanted to be one of his kids.

Sapp is the best researcher on this board and he often kicks my *** but like a dog in a fight I do not know when to quit. Of course I am trying to win the Super Bowl with a team made up of umpa lumpas.

pphilfran
6/30/2012, 11:42 AM
lol

sappstuf
6/30/2012, 12:45 PM
Crap I knew I missed something.

Actually I like the really smart rightie posters. I consider you in that group and it makes for good honest tough debate. C&C Dean does as good of a job of cutting to the chase of an argument as anyone I have seen. I would not have wanted to be one of his kids.

Sapp is the best researcher on this board and he often kicks my *** but like a dog in a fight I do not know when to quit. Of course I am trying to win the Super Bowl with a team made up of umpa lumpas.

No I'm not..

yTl9zYS3_dc

soonercruiser
6/30/2012, 01:04 PM
When's the fight gonna start again.....it's gonna be a slow weekend!

Harry Beanbag
6/30/2012, 01:46 PM
Pfft. You people are all amateurs at Soonerfans political discourse. The good ol' days have come and gone, with nearly all of the participating posters either growing up or getting a life.

cleller
6/30/2012, 02:16 PM
Pfft. You people are all amateurs at Soonerfans political discourse. The good ol' days have come and gone, with nearly all of the participating posters either growing up or getting a life.

Oh yeah?

TitoMorelli
6/30/2012, 02:33 PM

...or getting banned.

Harry Beanbag
6/30/2012, 02:52 PM
...or getting banned.

They were always allowed to come back and cause trouble.

LiveLaughLove
6/30/2012, 05:19 PM

Ah, the good ol' days, when you used to have to post barefoot, uphill, 2 miles in the snow. ;)

soonercruiser
6/30/2012, 07:10 PM
Yah........and no asterisks for cussin'....!
It's a kinder and gentler time, isn't it?

diverdog
6/30/2012, 07:43 PM
No I'm not..

yTl9zYS3_dc

LOL

I got found out but I am not paying you ****.

C&CDean
6/30/2012, 08:49 PM

I do not resemble any of those remarks. The good ol' days were then, are now, and will be coming my brother. It's all about what you make/do about it all. Fixin' to hit the big 55. Senior citizen. Cheap coffee up at the McDonalds (where I never eat). Still about 17 going on 19 in my head...

C&CDean
6/30/2012, 08:52 PM
And in the good ol' days it was "**** you you ignorant faggot." "Oh yeah, well **** you you ignorant redneck." "Oh yeah, well **** you you ignorant Clingon lover" "oh yeah, well **** you Reaganite." It goes on and on. As the world turns. Some things never change.

rock on sooner
6/30/2012, 09:05 PM
I do not resemble any of those remarks. The good ol' days were then, are now, and will be coming my brother. It's all about what you make/do about it all. Fixin' to hit the big 55. Senior citizen. Cheap coffee up at the McDonalds (where I never eat). Still about 17 going on 19 in my head...

Gosh, Dean, I'm kinda new to the board but just turned 67 (tolt all
my friends, ummmm three or four, that 67 is the new 47). I've
been lurking on this board a whole bunch longer than anyone should
know bit I think Beaner is off the mark.

cleller
6/30/2012, 09:50 PM
I'm afraid all the folks that really lived in the good ole days can no longer remember them.

At the time they just called them the "I'm so hot I could melt, so cold I could freeze, so tired I could drop, and so hungry I could die" days.

Still wouldn't mind going back to see what it was like.

sappstuf
7/1/2012, 09:35 AM
LOL

I got found out but I am not paying you ****.

You offend me Sir! Thinking you could slide a Monty Python reference past me.. I blow my nose at you!