PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Republican Admits Voter ID Laws Help Romney Win

ictsooner7
6/29/2012, 04:11 AM
Admites to voter suppression to help republicans!

There is no better proof that a politician admitting the truth and caught on camera. This politician admits voter suppression in Pennsylvania initiated by republicans will help Mitt Romney win the election in November.The republican House Majority leader Mike Turzai of Allegheny, validates that new voter ID laws will “allow Mitt Romney” to win the state of Pennsylvania” or so he thinks. His exact words were: “

“We are focused on making sure that we meet our obligations that we’ve talked about for years,” said Turzai in a speech to committee members Saturday. He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature.

Oops!!

“Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation – abortion facility regulations – in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.” end quote. (Media Matters)

David Pacman discusses the Republican ID Program to suppress the Vote

http://www.politicolnews.com/pennsylvania-republican-admits-voter-id-laws-help-romney-win/

olevetonahill
6/29/2012, 08:53 AM
Dude you make RLIMC, Cruiser , Tuba, all look like sane centrists

yermom
6/29/2012, 08:58 AM
i wouldn't go that far...

it's not that he's extreme, it's that he's prolific

it's not like he's advocating sending the old horses to the knacker or something

ictsooner7
6/29/2012, 09:01 AM
Dude you make RLIMC, Cruiser , Tuba, all look like sane centrists

How is that? Show me where this is some leftwing conspiracy theory driven by leftwing blogs, like fast and furious is driven by rightwingnut blogers. This is a quote from the Pennsylvania Speaker of the House. If this was a dem, you people who be ****ting your pants!

olevetonahill
6/29/2012, 09:03 AM
How is that? Show me where this is some leftwing conspiracy theory driven by leftwing blogs, like fast and furious is driven by rightwingnut blogers. This is a quote from the Pennsylvania Speaker of the House. If this was a dem, you people who be ****ting your pants!
Im not talking about Penn. Im talking about YOU.

yermom
6/29/2012, 09:03 AM
but back to the issue at hand...

why are pubs more likely to have ID than dems? where is the logic there?

who doesn't have ID that votes? i just can't get behind the way they do it now. why do i even have to register to vote? they find me to tax me, why don't they know who i am to let me vote?

KantoSooner
6/29/2012, 09:22 AM
Whatever the motivation, I see no issue with requiring ID to vote. If you're too incompetent to maintain ID, you're not a functioning adult.

Kind of like the butterfly ballot. Complicated? Not really. Anyone confused by them is too stupid to take part in important decisions.

We don't allow children, inmates of mental institutions or prison and any number of others to vote. I don't really see an important issue in denying the privilege to those who can't manage a picture ID.

badger
6/29/2012, 09:48 AM
I have no problem showing my ID to vote, but I probably will the first time that I forget my ID... which likely won't happen, because I've always driven to my polling place, in which case, I'll always have along my driver's license.

There's also a benefit to this. "badger" is an odd sounding first name, as is my real name, so I had to repeat it multiple times in the past before the poll volunteer would be able to find it. Now, I just whip out the license, they look at the name on the card and we're golden. I don't have to repeat my name dozens of times.

Bad-ger. BAD-GER! No, it's BAD-ger! BADGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

dwarthog
6/29/2012, 09:57 AM
]Admites to voter suppression to help republicans![/B]

There is no better proof that a politician admitting the truth and caught on camera. This politician admits voter suppression in Pennsylvania initiated by republicans will help Mitt Romney win the election in November.The republican House Majority leader Mike Turzai of Allegheny, validates that new voter ID laws will “allow Mitt Romney” to win the state of Pennsylvania” or so he thinks. His exact words were: “

“We are focused on making sure that we meet our obligations that we’ve talked about for years,” said Turzai in a speech to committee members Saturday. He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature.

Oops!!

“Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation – abortion facility regulations – in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.” end quote. (Media Matters)

David Pacman discusses the Republican ID Program to suppress the Vote

http://www.politicolnews.com/pennsylvania-republican-admits-voter-id-laws-help-romney-win/

He most definitely did not "admites" to voter suppression.

Position Limit
6/29/2012, 10:08 AM
i wish everybody would have to present id. that way 100% of the fraud could be in the hands of only a few very rich and powerful spoiled children. thats the ticket.

KantoSooner
6/29/2012, 10:22 AM
Let me get this straight. You are against voters being required to show ID. And you believe that this requirement benefits conservative/republican/rightwing/fascist/rich/domineering/upper class interests.

So, are we to conclude that people who are so incompetent that they are incapable of obtaining a simple ID are overwhelmingly likely to vote for Democratic candidates? That seems rather a step for the party that likes to portray itself as the party for smart people.

soonercoop1
6/29/2012, 11:13 AM
Why wouldn't it...keeps people from voting that legally can't vote...only way the Dems can win is with lies and deceit...

Position Limit
6/29/2012, 11:25 AM
Let me get this straight. You are against voters being required to show ID. And you believe that this requirement benefits conservative/republican/rightwing/fascist/rich/domineering/upper class interests.

So, are we to conclude that people who are so incompetent that they are incapable of obtaining a simple ID are overwhelmingly likely to vote for Democratic candidates? That seems rather a step for the party that likes to portray itself as the party for smart people.

your deductive reasoning is for sh*t. your duplicitousness by talking points is both astonishing and sad. until you realize that everything is about the bucks you'll stay lost. you need a flashlight?

Position Limit
6/29/2012, 11:27 AM
Why wouldn't it...keeps people from voting that legally can't vote...only way the Dems can win is with lies and deceit...

the only thing the dems need for a win is mitt romney on ticket. lies and deceit wont be needed. this one's a layup

achiro
6/29/2012, 11:27 AM
Yep, ic is admitting that the only way the Dims win is through voter fraud. Spek to you ic for acknowledging how deceitful that party really is. Can't win in a fair fight.

Position Limit
6/29/2012, 11:29 AM
Yep, ic is admitting that the only way the Dims win is through voter fraud. Spek to you ic for acknowledging how deceitful that party really is. Can't win in a fair fight.

it's all about fight!!!!! go. team. fight. win. urrrrhhhh. draw stick figure on cave wall!!! urrrrgggghhhh...... must go blow rush.....fight!!!!

ictsooner7
6/29/2012, 12:20 PM

Show me the voter fraud! In the Supreme Court case that allowed voter ID to stand the states were not able to produce one single instance of a someone trying to vote under someone else’s name.

Remind me how Clinton won? Was it only 46% and he really isn’t the president? Per Bob Dole on election night.

Or is it Acorn stealing the last election from you?

You and your party keeps spouting voter fraud but the facts don’t back it up. Your OWN party fired their own Attorneys General who said there is nothing to prosecute.

BigTip
6/29/2012, 12:28 PM
"voter suppression"

lol. I'm all McDonalds on that.....I'm lovin' it!

I am all FOR voter suppression. I want to suppress the voting down to those that are actually registered voters!

East Coast Bias
6/29/2012, 12:32 PM
You guys are dancing around the issue as usual. What ICK is saying (in his normal bombastic style) is that Rep's are to benefit from this Voter Id thing and that is why they are pushing it. The facts are clear that voter fraud is hardly even statistical and the facts are just as clear that the Dem base of Latino's, minorities and poor people would be hit in this. The old white guys with money all have their ID's. Its not that anyone is against proper voting registration, the timing and motivation is suspect. Let's do something after the election, unless you can make a strong case for voter fraud. Good luck with that......

rock on sooner
6/29/2012, 12:40 PM
You guys are dancing around the issue as usual. What ICK is saying (in his normal bombastic style) is that Rep's are to benefit from this Voter Id thing and that is why they are pushing it. The facts are clear that voter fraud is hardly even statistical and the facts are just as clear that the Dem base of Latino's, minorities and poor people would be hit in this. The old white guys with money all have their ID's. Its not that anyone is against proper voting registration, the timing and motivation is suspect. Let's do something after the election, unless you can make a strong case for voter fraud. Good luck with that......

^^^^This^^^^^

Those old white guys with money will spend it to make sure that all
the other older white folks have ID's and get to the polls, so that the
lines are so long the Dem base gets tired and goes home.:cheerful:

sappstuf
6/29/2012, 12:49 PM

Right now, millions of adult Americans cannot legally fly on an airplane or rent a car. They’re not allowed to drive one, either. And if they really need to get somewhere fast, they can’t use Amtrak. When they (somehow) get there, they can’t stay at a hotel. If they don’t have a social security card, they cannot get one without considerable time and effort. In most cases they cannot rent an apartment, take the SAT or enroll in college. They can’t buy cigarettes or alcohol, even though they are of legal age. They might be able to get credit cards, but in many instances they will not be able to use them. And they almost certainly won’t be able to get a bank account or a business license or even cash a check.

And yet the Democratic Party wants to do next to do nothing to fix that.

I would add, going to see the president at a fundraiser requires photo id...

Why doesn't the Democratic Party care that millions of people are locked out of modern society?

okie52
6/29/2012, 12:56 PM
^^^^This^^^^^

Those old white guys with money will spend it to make sure that all
the other older white folks have ID's and get to the polls, so that the
lines are so long the Dem base gets tired and goes home.:cheerful:

Its a good plan.

Don't forget about our secret code words.

ictsooner7
6/29/2012, 01:01 PM

Its not that anyone is against proper voting registration

Really? You need to pay closer attention to what is going on.

Why are Florida and Wisconsin not allowing the League of Women Voters not register voters this year? They’ve been registering voters for 70 years without a problem, but suddenly this year it’s a problem. The right has problem with anyone who is not a republican registering and voting.

rock on sooner
6/29/2012, 01:05 PM
Its a good plan.

Don't forget about our secret code words.

Have to make sure everyone's alarms are set early to get to
the polls BEFORE the Dems get off work.

okie52
6/29/2012, 01:10 PM
Have to make sure everyone's alarms are set early to get to
the polls BEFORE the Dems get off work.

That and have 2/3 of the election poll worker volunteers leave at 5.

Maybe some real patriots will offer dems overtime to stay late at work....well, for those that have a job.

East Coast Bias
6/29/2012, 01:16 PM
I would add, going to see the president at a fundraiser requires photo id...

Why doesn't the Democratic Party care that millions of people are locked out of modern society?

If you want a national ID, then why not just put it out there? Can we agree the right time to talk about it would be after the election? Also I think you would be hard-pressed to present an argument that the Republicans care more than the Democrats about the disenfranchised elements of society. I am not saying the Dems wouldn't try to create an advantage if given the chance, but the Reps are hitting us over the head with this one.

olevetonahill
6/29/2012, 01:18 PM
Really? You need to pay closer attention to what is going on.

Why are Florida and Wisconsin not allowing the League of Women Voters not register voters this year? They’ve been registering voters for 70 years without a problem, but suddenly this year it’s a problem. The right has problem with anyone who is not a republican registering and voting.
They dont need the wimmens to register folk any more. they lettin ACORN do it this time

sappstuf
6/29/2012, 01:21 PM
If you want a national ID, then why not just put it out there? Can we agree the right time to talk about it would be after the election? Also I think you would be hard-pressed to present an argument that the Republicans care more than the Democrats about the disenfranchised elements of society. I am not saying the Dems wouldn't try to create an advantage if given the chance, but the Reps are hitting us over the head with this one.

It doesn't need to be National ID. States can do it with a little funding. Repubs want IDs for election purposes.. Dems (should) want IDs so millions can actually be a part of our society. It should be a win/win for both and very easy to do. It is barely even a compromise and both get what they want.

Except Dems apparently don't want millions to be able to do simple things the rest of us can do.... Why is that?

okie52
6/29/2012, 01:31 PM
It doesn't need to be National ID. States can do it with a little funding. Repubs want IDs for election purposes.. Dems (should) want IDs so millions can actually be a part of our society. It should be a win/win for both and very easy to do. It is barely even a compromise and both gets what they want.

Except Dems apparently don't want millions to be able to do simple things the rest of us can do.... Why is that?

Couldn't we just have illegal tattooed on their forehead?

sappstuf
6/29/2012, 01:36 PM
Couldn't we just have illegal tattooed on their forehead?

Branded.

cleller
6/29/2012, 01:45 PM
Yes, its pretty surprising this Republican mentioned some accomplishment that might benefit his party.

I'm sure we had all expected he would mention something his party had done to help its opponents.

okie52
6/29/2012, 01:54 PM
Branded.

LOL-better yet.

Bourbon St Sooner
6/29/2012, 02:17 PM
So icky, is this an admission that Democrats are the only ones voting "early and often"?

KantoSooner
6/29/2012, 02:21 PM
your deductive reasoning is for sh*t. your duplicitousness by talking points is both astonishing and sad. until you realize that everything is about the bucks you'll stay lost. you need a flashlight?

I've always loved that the partisans of the left always proclaim to be above tawdry lucre...but always bring the argument back to money.

So, tell me, since you have to have ID to buy a beer, where is the great breach in a person's civil liberties if they have to show ID to vote? or is a beer somehow more important than exercising the franchise?

And, in the inverse, if you're too goddamned stupid to organize getting an ID are you not so mentally infirm that simple feeblemindedness voids your right to vote?

yermom
6/29/2012, 03:42 PM
if IDs were free, this wouldn't be an issue.

you can't make people pay to vote

cleller
6/29/2012, 03:47 PM

No, you can only make them pay if they don't want to buy govt insurance.

KantoSooner
6/29/2012, 03:50 PM
I don't know about Oklahoma, but I remember that Massachusetts solved this potential issue by issuing free photo ID.

LiveLaughLove
6/29/2012, 05:28 PM
I don't know about Oklahoma, but I remember that Massachusetts solved this potential issue by issuing free photo ID.

True. It's a complete non-issue. Only common sense dictates that you make sure people voting are the people they say they are. There is no other way to do that except for photo IDs. We are living in the 21st century not 1542 AD.

The only reason this is an issue at all is because Dems have stuffed ballet boxes for decades, maybe even longer and that might actually be coming to an end.

If someone is so backward that they can't figure out how to get a photo ID then they are too backward to know how to vote responsibly.

Does making people only cast one legal vote benefit the republicans? ABSOLUTELY! One party follows the law, one does not.

olevetonahill
6/29/2012, 05:32 PM
How in the **** can any one get by with an ID anyway?

landrun
6/29/2012, 05:49 PM

Sure you can. You call it a TAX. ... just like making people for NOT paying for insurance. :)

cleller
6/29/2012, 05:55 PM
Taxing people without an ID, or refusing to let them vote both sound acceptable.

landrun
6/29/2012, 05:59 PM

Conservative have been trying to make sure that dead people, people in prison for felonies, and foreigners are NOT selecting our president. We've been trying for years now. And the democrats have been fighting it for years. There is no 'suspect timing' with this at all.
1) If you think this is new, you're out of touch with reality.
2) The reason the democrats are against voter IDs (while requiring them to attend a presidential campaign event) is because they have been skillfully trying to steal elections for a generation now - Chicago style. The group in the white house now are pros at this. And the voter IDs are a great way to ensure that voter fraud doesn't happen.

All republicans want is to make sure that Americans select the president who will be signing bills that determine how much we pay in taxes, that Americans determine who sends our troops into war, that Americans determine our laws, our domestic policies and our foreign policies.

If you guys really believe that democrats are trying to prevent voter fraud because the poor don't have id's, you've drunk the cool-aid. They have a desire to rig elections. This stops them.

So yes. A fair election is beneficial for the republicans. That's not a revelation.

yermom
6/29/2012, 07:34 PM
Sure you can. You call it a TAX. ... just like making people for NOT paying for insurance. :)

um, no

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment24/

East Coast Bias
6/29/2012, 08:36 PM
Conservative have been trying to make sure that dead people, people in prison for felonies, and foreigners are NOT selecting our president. We've been trying for years now. And the democrats have been fighting it for years. There is no 'suspect timing' with this at all.
1) If you think this is new, you're out of touch with reality.
2) The reason the democrats are against voter IDs (while requiring them to attend a presidential campaign event) is because they have been skillfully trying to steal elections for a generation now - Chicago style. The group in the white house now are pros at this. And the voter IDs are a great way to ensure that voter fraud doesn't happen.

All republicans want is to make sure that Americans select the president who will be signing bills that determine how much we pay in taxes, that Americans determine who sends our troops into war, that Americans determine our laws, our domestic policies and our foreign policies.

If you guys really believe that democrats are trying to prevent voter fraud because the poor don't have id's, you've drunk the cool-aid. They have a desire to rig elections. This stops them.

So yes. A fair election is beneficial for the republicans. That's not a revelation.

Obviously you are ***-deep in the kool-aid. And you think I have lost touch with reality? If you want to make a case for voter fraud please do the research and show up next time with some facts. What you have done here is to give us your opinion. Now here's my opinion on your last sentence : In a fair election both parties benefit.