PDA

View Full Version : Durron Neal rumors....

Ruf/Nek7
6/27/2012, 02:22 PM
The world of twitter is hinting at a potential Durron Neal injury suffered today during work outs. Now I am farely computer illiterate and do not know how to post screen shots of peoples tweets but basically Josh McCuisition stated "Rumors floating around and they very, very, very much sound to be true...".

He later stated this, "Checking in w/ more people & it sounds like 'something' happened with Durron Neal but very much sounds to be overblown. Continuing to check."

Now some other people associated with OU have made comments along the lines of "hyper-extension" and other various knee related comments all ranging in severity. I feel it's worth keeping an eye on.

Also, if someone wants to educate me on how to upload tweets or screen shots, that you be awesome and very convenient.

Ruf/Nek7
6/27/2012, 02:26 PM
And now this from Jason Kersey (OU football writer for Oklahoman)...."“@jasonkersey: I just talked to #Sooners true freshman receiver Durron Neal. He said, "I'm fine. Nothing happened."” Quieting Rumors''

I hope this is nothing.

Boomer.....
6/27/2012, 02:28 PM
Hopefully it's not too serious.

Apparently he is on crutches though.

Ruf/Nek7
6/27/2012, 02:32 PM
On a positivie note, Sterling Shepard is supposedly dominating thus far.

Soonerwake
6/27/2012, 02:35 PM

Sterling Shepard will be dominant by the end of this season. Think Broyles..

Book it...

KantoSooner
6/27/2012, 02:38 PM
If Durron is following his head coach's lead, he could have had both legs amputated this morning and he'd be 'questionable' for tomorrow's workouts.

Widescreen
6/27/2012, 03:26 PM
Rumors floating around and they very, very, very much sound to be true...".

He later stated this, "Checking in w/ more people & it sounds like 'something' happened with Durron Neal but very much sounds to be overblown. Continuing to check."

This is exactly why I hate twitter. It takes the worst of the watercooler and spreads it across the world in a split second.

cccasooner2
6/27/2012, 03:30 PM
If I'm interpreting this thread correctly, Shepard is out for the season and Neal will start against UTEP.

cvsooner
6/27/2012, 04:14 PM
My guess? A bad bruise or perhaps a sprain, and the knee is wrapped up in ice to keep swelling down. Doing so makes it nearly impossible to bend the knee, and so...he has to use crutches. I've seen it lots of times. Football practice...there are always injuries, minor and worse. The big difference here is 30 years ago we hardly ever heard about them unless they were really serious. Now the kid on crutches is the one letting the world know he twisted his ankle and suddenly the apocalypse is upon us.

rock on sooner
6/27/2012, 04:49 PM
Wonder how many more "tweets" will get shorts all bunched up
before the fall?

KantoSooner
6/27/2012, 04:59 PM
many

SouthFortySooner
6/27/2012, 06:28 PM
Wonder how many more "tweets" will get shorts all bunched up
before the fall?

Shorts bunched up ones I can handle, its the BIGRED gnut shots which I can't.

rock on sooner
6/27/2012, 08:43 PM
Maybe Badger can do a poll on how many times a tweet
generates at least 10 posts full of angst over this player
or that player doing something stupid or getting hurt....

sooneron
6/27/2012, 08:58 PM
I don't believe any tweets unless OUDavid tweets it and then posts a screenshot of said tweet.

LVSOONER15
6/27/2012, 09:30 PM
Hope he has a quick recovery if true.

boomersooner28
6/27/2012, 10:40 PM
I think my twat is broken.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/27/2012, 11:19 PM
I just tweeted about my bunions.

WHERE'S MAH TEN PAGE THREAD

picasso
6/27/2012, 11:21 PM
Dominating what exactly? Are they playing tackle football?

Seamus
6/28/2012, 01:53 AM
Also, if someone wants to educate me on how to upload tweets or screen shots ...

I thought we cured that on this board ...

dwarthog
6/28/2012, 07:23 AM
I don't believe any tweets unless OUDavid tweets it and then posts a screenshot of said tweet.

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^

soonerboy_odanorth
6/28/2012, 10:20 AM
Sterling Shepard

Book it...

Thank you very much for guaranteeing Sterling gets hit by a bus following a workout sometime this summer.

F'in "book it"...

Can we "take it to the bank" too to really seal the deal?

How about we book you for reckless use of bad mojo while operating a keyboard! :)

85sooners
7/2/2012, 05:54 AM
Book it fellas!!

jk the sooner fan
7/2/2012, 07:25 AM
so was the amputation above or below the knee?

Soonerwake
7/2/2012, 07:55 AM
Thank you very much for guaranteeing Sterling gets hit by a bus following a workout sometime this summer.

F'in "book it"...

Can we "take it to the bank" too to really seal the deal?

How about we book you for reckless use of bad mojo while operating a keyboard! :)

Does it help that I was holding a rabbit's foot and knocking on wood while I typed it??

soonerboy_odanorth
7/2/2012, 12:26 PM
Does it help that I was holding a rabbit's foot and knocking on wood while I typed it??

Only if you also had a horseshoe up your... oh, nevermind. :D

8timechamps
7/2/2012, 04:02 PM
so was the amputation above or below the knee?

It ended up being worse than expected, so they had to take everything below the neck. Should be back in time for 2013 though.

soonerloyal
7/3/2012, 11:40 PM
Ahhh, that goldanged Schmitty, already breakin' people. ****. :culpability:

Curly Bill
7/3/2012, 11:47 PM
With BV gone Schmitty may end up being my new whipping boy! :)

yermom
7/4/2012, 03:56 AM
This is exactly why I hate twitter. It takes the worst of the watercooler and spreads it across the world in a split second.

it's only marginally faster than a message board

the demographic is a little different though, and players are more involved

Sooner in Tampa
7/9/2012, 11:36 AM
With BV gone Schmitty may end up being my new whipping boy! :)
HAHAHA...

I know that I have talked to couple of former Sooners who have absolutely NO love for Schmitty!

goingoneight
7/9/2012, 04:45 PM
HAHAHA...

I know that I have talked to couple of former Sooners who have absolutely NO love for Schmitty!

Yeah, and a lot of great soldiers didn't like their drill instructors, either. I'd be concerned if we had a HugsNhandshakes "Mad Dog" working here instead of a guy with two or three National Championship rings.

That said, back o the original subject: Neal is healthy and tweetering about Schmiddy working their azzes off today. Per LT and soonersillustrated.

Sooner in Tampa
7/10/2012, 05:58 AM
Yeah, and a lot of great soldiers didn't like their drill instructors, either. I'd be concerned if we had a HugsNhandshakes "Mad Dog" working here instead of a guy with two or three National Championship rings.

^^^^THIS^^^^

hornswaggled
7/10/2012, 06:41 PM
I think my twat is broken.

I know how to fix it.

ouflak
7/11/2012, 02:31 AM
For some reason I read this as Durron Neal 'numbers'. I actually wonder what his statistics are.

Curly Bill
7/11/2012, 07:42 AM
HAHAHA...

I don't know enough personally to really say, but I know some peeps pretty big in the strength & conditioning business who aren't big fans either. Anyway, take that FWIW.

Sooner in Tampa
7/11/2012, 08:04 AM
I don't know enough personally to really say, but I know some peeps pretty big in the strength & conditioning business who aren't big fans either. Anyway, take that FWIW.
I don't know enough personally either...I just know what I have been told.

My personal opinion is: There is a fine line between being a complete hard *** and just being stupid.

Curly Bill
7/11/2012, 08:09 AM

My personal opinion is: There is a fine line between being a complete hard *** and just being stupid.

Agreed

BoulderSooner79
7/11/2012, 10:37 AM

I don't know enough either, but I've gotten the impression that Schmitty is considered "old school". There has been more learned in performance physiology in the last 10 years than in the previous 100. If I were HC, the last thing I'd want in a S&C coach is old school.

Position Limit
7/11/2012, 11:18 AM
good lord twitter is gay

soonerboy_odanorth
7/11/2012, 11:32 AM
I don't know enough either, but I've gotten the impression that Schmitty is considered "old school". There has been more learned in performance physiology in the last 10 years than in the previous 100. If I were HC, the last thing I'd want in a S&C coach is old school.

Who gave you that impression? Did the impression come about because pretty much all the players who have commented on it have stated his workouts are tough? Are we to assume then that "new school" workouts are fluffy and cuddly?

Also, why are we assuming that he hasn't stayed current in the last 10 years? Most professionals work hard at staying current. If they don't, they risk their employment, and risk not being at the top of the game... which is kind of the goal at OU. At least that's my impression.

BoulderSooner79
7/11/2012, 12:46 PM
Who gave you that impression? Did the impression come about because pretty much all the players who have commented on it have stated his workouts are tough? Are we to assume then that "new school" workouts are fluffy and cuddly?

Also, why are we assuming that he hasn't stayed current in the last 10 years? Most professionals work hard at staying current. If they don't, they risk their employment, and risk not being at the top of the game... which is kind of the goal at OU. At least that's my impression.

Like I said, just an impression - could be totally wrong. And I certainly don't assume "new school" would be fluffy; the goal is to optimize performance. But examples would be improper rest between workouts or stretching cold muscles - things that used to be common practice. Schmitty may be leading edge on all this stuff, you just don't hear much about it other than how hard the workouts are. Good coaches also inspire athletes to do their best and I don't hear much that aspect either - could be the channel is just noisey.

goingoneight
7/11/2012, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty sure if folks watched the videos on YouTube with Merv Johnson giving a tour of OU's facilities, they wouldn't be too worried about how with the times we are.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that the injuries OU has suffered in recent years would happen to anyone with enough of our bad luck. Like Whaley and Broyles last year... everybody's bones will break if they are put under the stress that DW's leg was. And like it or not, nobody is immune to ACL tears.

cccasooner2
7/11/2012, 05:53 PM
...... And like it or not, nobody is immune to ACL tears.

I wish all Sooners could have Finch's knees, the guy should be tearing one every carry.