PDA

View Full Version : Bolt on Seat Back things

BermudaSooner
6/25/2012, 10:02 AM
We moved seats this season--used to have seat backs, but moved to better seats that actually don't have the seat backs. I got something in the mail about seat backs they bolt on to your seat for the season for $42 or something like that. Is this new? Any of you guys done that before?

Dio
6/25/2012, 04:07 PM
I got that email too- it's a new thing

MamaMia
6/25/2012, 04:13 PM
Which department was the email from?

MamaMia
6/25/2012, 04:18 PM
Nevermind. I called. Theres a website called www.soonerseats.com You can put your account number in there. Theres a photo. Its a one year fee. Apparently its a private company doing it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/25/2012, 10:04 PM
I'm getting one for one of my two seats. We'll see how it goes.

budbarrybob
6/26/2012, 02:27 AM
One of the good things i can see about this is that you would probably have your seat to your self. no more *perphaps* of the "person of size" incroaching on your seat. Could be a good thing.

badger
6/26/2012, 08:17 AM
One of the good things i can see about this is that you would probably have your seat to your self. no more *perphaps* of the "person of size" incroaching on your seat. Could be a good thing.

This is why whenever I go, I get a seatback. It seems that I'm always next Fat Man instead of Little Boy when it comes to atomic bombs :mad:

Mazeppa
6/26/2012, 08:20 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2d1acz4.jpg

badger
6/26/2012, 09:36 AM
Also, since I am SF.com's resident math genius...

Seatbacks: $5 per game rental.
Home games in 2012: 6
$5 X 6 = $30

So those bolts cost $12, eh? :mad:

budbarrybob
6/26/2012, 09:48 AM
Uh, Badj. We all know that you have a sky box. Don't pretend that you have to lug one of those seat back thingies all the way up the elevator. :P

badger
6/26/2012, 10:26 AM
Uh, Badj. We all know that you have a sky box. Don't pretend that you have to lug one of those seat back thingies all the way up the elevator. :P

Hell if I had a skybox, I'd go to more games and be able to bring baby badger. And alas, since we hear TV watching isn't good for young children, she's going to get a little bit later start on watching Sooner football :(

soonerloyal
6/26/2012, 10:48 AM
Badj - TV watching isn't good for young children. But watching Sooner football is always good for everyone, including developing little brains. Start her off right, for heaven's sake. :cheerful:

achiro
6/26/2012, 10:51 AM
How wet do those things get in the rain? I see no advantage over renting.

badger
6/26/2012, 10:57 AM
How wet do those things get in the rain? I see no advantage over renting.

Depends on what they're made of...

1- Cloth. Like sitting on a wet diaper... and not a super absorbent one designed to keep a baby's butt dry, but the bargain brand one that keeps nothing dry

2- Styrofoam. Piece it apart and build a model airplane out of it, then see how far it can fly when you let it go off the upper deck. Or chuck it at the officials.

3- Foam coated in plastic. This is the most likely substance, in which case, you can peel off the plastic coating and THEN chuck it at the refs.

4- Cloth-covered foam. This is the material they currently use so this is also likely. If you can sneak a knife into the stadium, you can tear it apart and THEN chuck it at the refs.

5- Hard plastic. Highly washable, but hard on the butt.

OULenexaman
6/26/2012, 11:51 AM
but can you stand on it?

badger
6/26/2012, 12:09 PM
but can you stand on it?

Student seat standing etiquette states that you do NOT stand on your own seat but rather, the seat in front of you.

Good thing students probably aren't included in this... and if they are, they might not be packed into the nearest-to-50 seats like sardines like usual :D

SoonerPride
6/26/2012, 08:29 PM
I will continue to bring mine into the stadium for $0.

I think it cost $20 a couple of years ago.

Mazeppa
6/26/2012, 08:30 PM
Student seat standing etiquette states that you do NOT stand on your own seat but rather, the seat in front of you.

or the PERSON in front of you.