PDA

View Full Version : If you catch em young enough, will they learn their lesson?

Jacie
6/25/2012, 07:28 AM
Maybe he didn't think the regular rules were being enforced in 7-on-7 scrimmage, but an unsportmanlike conduct penalty during a game will be a "big deal" and this young man didn't seem to get it even as he apologized.

Florida commit booted from Florida State camp after doing the Gator chomp

By Graham Watson | Dr. Saturday – Mon, Jun 18, 2012 12:14 PM EDT

This offseason, recruits have seemingly gotten bolder while repping their future schools, however linebacker James Hearns, a Florida commit, learned the hard way that there's a time and a place for everything — and that place is not Florida State.

While playing in a 7-on-7 camp held by Florida State on the Florida State campus, Hearns decided to do the infamous Gator chomp in the face of the opposing quarterback after sacking him. Hearns was promptly ejected from the game and asked to leave the camp. It was his second taunt of the game.

Hearns tried to play it off on Twitter after being questioned about it: "I did the gator chomp at the FSU camp and they ejected me from the camp and now people are making it a big deal," he wrote. "It wasn't that big of a deal to me... We won the whole camp and that's all that matters."

Unfortunately for Hearns, recruits have been under the microscope lately after a couple rounds of burning letters from rival schools and recruits threatening to fight fans. Taunting is never good and it's something that will get him ejected from a college game as well. Hearns getting booted was probably more about the taunting than it was the type of taunting. Still, this seems fairly harmless and Hearns was apologetic on Twitter once the story started to circulate.

"I didnt want none of this to happen... Relax people.. It's not that big of a deal," he wrote.

This isn't the first time a recruit has been asked to leave a camp after showing love to their future school on someone else's campus. In 2008, Miami commit Tavadis Glenn was asked to leave Florida's Friday Night Lights event after throwing up the "U" to the crowd. Glenn ended up in prep school and never made it to Miami.

Hopefully Hearns won't suffer the same fate.

Widescreen
6/25/2012, 07:40 AM
I'm not seeing an apology in there.

KantoSooner
6/25/2012, 08:29 AM
Florida is defintely winning the recruiting war. They're getting the guys who would have gone to Miami 20 years ago.

setem
6/25/2012, 11:34 AM
HAHAHA! What a momo! I wanna see someboday throw the hook'em sign up at OU camp and see what happens! They would be booted fo sho!

goingoneight
6/25/2012, 11:54 AM
What I noted was two taunting calls and no apology. Also, winning the camp is supposedly all that matters to the kid. Not development, taking in coaching and enjoying the experience.

badger
6/25/2012, 12:19 PM
What I noted was two taunting calls and no apology. Also, winning the camp is supposedly all that matters to the kid. Not development, taking in coaching and enjoying the experience.

Timmy Teebee gator chomped during the Orange Bowl and I don't think ever apologized. He got flagged though, if I recall correctly

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/25/2012, 12:46 PM
Timmy Teebee gator chomped during the Orange Bowl and I don't think ever apologized. He got flagged though, if I recall correctlyIMHO, if one actually PLAYS for the debbil-team, it's not as big a deal as being at a highschool camp for a college and pimping for their biggest rival.

kbsooner21
6/25/2012, 01:11 PM
College kids can be dumb. Proof of that here.

goingoneight
6/25/2012, 02:13 PM
Aggy here at work: "I would do my pistols firing thang straight at old Stoops if I was at an OU camp."

Me: "He might think you're retarded."

Aggy: *does his best pistols firing thing*

Everybody else here: "What the hell is he doing? Is he retarded or something?"

BigJerm7
6/25/2012, 02:20 PM
winning the camp is supposedly all that matters to the kid. Not development, taking in coaching and enjoying the experience.

I noticed that too.

kbsooner21
6/25/2012, 03:51 PM
Aggy here at work: "I would do my pistols firing thang straight at old Stoops if I was at an OU camp."

Me: "He might think you're retarded."

Aggy: *does his best pistols firing thing*

Everybody else here: "What the hell is he doing? Is he retarded or something?"

HEHE

MamaMia
6/25/2012, 04:04 PM
Whatever happened to humility and manners? I didn't read anything close to an apology. He was probably telling them to lighten up and that it was no big deal while they were booted him out. He got what he deserved.

LVSOONER15
6/25/2012, 06:29 PM
Seems like the punk is trying to make a name for himself.

MyT Oklahoma
6/25/2012, 07:01 PM
"You have the right to remain stupid, anything you say or do can and will be posted on the Internet. You have no right to an attorney. And if you cannot afford an attorney, too bad."

Curly Bill
6/25/2012, 08:51 PM
A high school boy is stupid? It's pretty much the norm these days ya know.

Salt City Sooner
6/25/2012, 09:50 PM
Florida is defintely winning the recruiting war. They're getting the guys who would have gone to Miami 20 years ago.
Not surprising. The U hasn't been the U since the early part of Coker's tenure.

6/25/2012, 11:39 PM
Not surprising. The U hasn't been the U since the early part of Coker's tenure.Suburban Myers built the FU up, and beat tOSU for the nat title in the Fiesta Bowl(taking over after FU fired the guy who landed at Illinois, but who had recruited well enough to supply Suburban with quality talent)

So, IMO, the U went down due to Coker and Randy whazzisface, and the arrival and coaching prowess of Suburban at FU.

The new coach at the U has some heavy lifting to do, and it won't be easy.

prrriiide
6/26/2012, 05:40 AM
Dumbarse needs to remember that FU plays FSU every year. Those FSU linemen will turn him into a greasy spot on the turf. Ya run your mouth, they paint a big ol' target on you. He's gonna get his scrote ripped off in a scrum.

6/26/2012, 12:49 PM
Dumbarse needs to remember that FU plays FSU every year. Those FSU linemen will turn him into a greasy spot on the turf. Ya run your mouth, they paint a big ol' target on you. He's gonna get his scrote ripped off in a scrum.both the FU and the FSU are LOADED, now, but I think FU is prolly a year away from being bigtime again. FSU might make this yr. Short answer, you could be right for this upcoming season.