PDA

View Full Version : Remember Pete Best?

cleller
6/24/2012, 03:49 PM
I've never been a big Beatles fan, but know all about the saga of former drummer Pete Best. Ousted in favor of Ringo just weeks before their recording career took off; hard times for years, then finally got something of a payday after The Beatles Anthology. At any rate I was unaware he had formed a new band a few years back, but ran across this catchy song on Youtube. The album this was taken from "Haymans Green", got very good reviews.

Pete, or course, is the grey haired drummer. Interestingly, the other drummer is Pete's half-brother Roag. Roag is the son of Pete's mom and Neil Aspinall, the Beatles old road manager.

I can't figure out the enbedding, but here's the clip of a lip synced version of the song at Youtube: If you like it, maybe someone else can get it attached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFWbM7C7cHM

pphilfran
6/24/2012, 04:15 PM
ZFWbM7C7cHM

Jacie
6/24/2012, 04:22 PM
Is it just me that thinks it kind of sad the band that bears his name has a second drummer?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/24/2012, 05:26 PM
You lost me at "I've never been a big Beatles fan"

cleller
6/24/2012, 08:05 PM
Is it just me that thinks it kind of sad the band that bears his name has a second drummer?

You lost me at "I've never been a big Beatles fan"

I wonder if the second brother/drummer is kind of a publicity novelty?

I guess when I was growing up the Beatles were so saturated in the media that I looked for other rock idols. John's political speech turned me off; Paul had some good stuff, but too many "granny songs".

stoopified
7/1/2012, 02:19 PM
You lost me at "I've never been a big Beatles fan":D

MamaMia
7/1/2012, 02:30 PM
I haven't been to an OU/TX win yet that the crowd didn't break out singing a version of the chorus of 'Hey Jude.'