PDA

View Full Version : Ran in to Ryan Reynolds

BetterSoonerThanLater
6/24/2012, 12:02 PM
So I was in Parker, AZ (colorado river) for a buddy of mine's Bachelor party last weekend. We were hangin out out this place called Pirates Cove havin a few drinks when this huge dude walked up and said he noticed my OU hat and shirt. When i looked up, i noticed that it was Ryan Reynolds. Apparently his dad bought the place and he was there working and helping out for the summer. He bought me a beer and since the place wasn't all that crowded at 4 in the afternoon, we talked about OU football and what not. Apparently he said that most of the players were happy for the move to Mike Stoops ( although he said some arent and were always loyal to BV) and that the schemes are much easier to understand and play in. He did say that in his opinion, the best player-- hands down-- on the team was Tony Jefferson. said they guy is just a beast. He thinks our Defense wil be much improved, and that our Recievers, even after losing a few, are big time players. I asked what he's planning on doing in the future, and he said that since his knees are done, he's been working as GA and plans to go back to Norman this fall to help out while going to law school.

Overall, a super nice guy, looks much bigger in person, and definately passoinate about OU and OU football. He really misses playing and said that he has a "second home" in Norman. He offered me some tickets, bought me another beer, and after an hour or so, i went on my way. Just a pretty cool experience to run in to an OU football player in the middle of nowhere.

come to think of it, over the three days, i ran in to alot of people that were from Oklahoma, knew someone from OK, or loved OU football. wearing my OU gear probably got me about 3 or 4 free drinks that weekend!

Boomer!

SoonerMarkVA
6/24/2012, 12:35 PM
thought you were going to say "and landed flat on my back" :)

Great story; thanks for posting!

JLEW1818
6/24/2012, 04:49 PM
Good story, thanks for sharing!

dwarthog
6/24/2012, 07:14 PM
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

LVSOONER15
6/24/2012, 10:29 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

MamaMia
6/24/2012, 10:34 PM
Thats pretty cool. :)

Curly Bill
6/25/2012, 01:32 AM
That's a cool deal. Sucks so much he had those knee injuries, I woulda liked to see what he'd have done had he stayed healthy.

prrriiide
6/25/2012, 05:23 AM
Colorado River beats Sooner Fashion Mall any day.

Cool story!

Soonermagik
6/25/2012, 09:44 AM
Ryan is an awesome guy. I worked with him at an OKC law firm a few summers ago. He's a down to earth guy. He tried making a last run at the NFL this year, but his knees couldn't take it. I wish him nothing but the best. Oh.. and that was really cool of him to buy you some brewskeys.

BermudaSooner
6/25/2012, 09:57 AM
That's very cool.

VA Sooner
6/25/2012, 10:57 AM
Great story, BSTL! Thanks for sharing and glad that Ryan thinks highly of the current group, especially Jefferson.

aj44mc
6/25/2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks for sharing your story, I may have to wonder over to Parker to see if I could "run" into him. He will always be one of my favorite sooners.

goingoneight
6/25/2012, 11:45 AM
That's about what I heard from a former OU player by way of Union HS about the defense (though his opinion was more hearsay). Hopefully a simplified defense doesn't mean these high-powered offenses will sniff it out easier, but we'll just have to see.

BigJerm7
6/25/2012, 02:22 PM
Ryan was a classy guy that kept his head down and worked hard. Don't remember him getting into much trouble off the field if at all.

badger
6/25/2012, 03:25 PM
Ask Ryan if he can be the in the Green Lantern sequel.

"The Green Lantern: We promise THIS Ryan Reynolds won't suck as much as the last one."

MyT Oklahoma
6/25/2012, 06:53 PM
Great story and thanks for sharing.

stoopified
7/1/2012, 01:59 PM
good stuff

OUmillenium
7/1/2012, 10:11 PM
Eggsellant

Gracias

the_ouskull
7/3/2012, 12:34 PM
Which Ryan Reynolds? Van Wilder or Knees Wildest?

BetterSoonerThanLater
7/3/2012, 03:39 PM
Which Ryan Reynolds? Van Wilder or Knees Wildest?

yes

SoonerNomad
7/5/2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, I may have to wonder over to Parker to see if I could "run" into him. He will always be one of my favorite sooners.

Are you close enough to Parker to visit? I live about a hour and half away and I am also a lawyer. I think I am going to head down there and have a beer and see if I could run into him. We would have tons to discuss.

I also know one of the clerks at the Lake Havasu City Courthouse who is close with his family. She used to visit them when they were in Las Vegas. She reports similar stories of a nice guy with a great future.

Damn knee injuries.

bixby28
7/7/2012, 05:30 PM
Reynolds was a good linebacker. IMO, if he had not had the knee issues, he would have been one of the best linebackers to ever player under Stoops.

ouflak
7/11/2012, 03:02 AM
Thanks for sharing!