PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford donates $500K to OU

sendbaht
6/24/2012, 04:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8089241/st-louis-rams-sam-bradford-gifts-500k-alma-mater-oklahoma-sooners

Former Sooners standout quarterback Sam Bradford donated $500,000 Saturday to the Oklahoma athletic department.

The gift will help fund construction of Headington Hall, a new dorm facility set to open in the fall of 2013.

Bradford

"My experience at Oklahoma made it possible for me to realize my dreams," Bradford said in a statement. "The coaches, the academic environment and every aspect of being a student-athlete at OU made me a better person. I am honored to give back to a program that did so much for me and hope that in some way this contribution can make it possible for those who follow me to enjoy the same kind of experience I did as a Sooner."

The interior of the new dining hall in Headington Hall will be named "The Sam Bradford Training Table" in honor of Bradford's donation.

"Sam Bradford's gift is deeply appreciated," OU president David L. Boren said in a release. "It will help many future participants in OU's athletics program. Gifts like Sam's also set an important example for others who have played on our teams in the past."

sendbaht
6/24/2012, 04:19 AM
I searched 500k nothing came up but I'm not Mr. Computer....but I do not see it was already posted...sorry...forgive.:))

ouflak
7/11/2012, 03:13 AM
Glad to see he is giving so much more to the school he's already given a lot to.