PDA

View Full Version : Obama Event Registry -- Is this for real?

cleller
6/23/2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.barackobama.com/news/entry/the-obama-event-registry

This seems like such a goofy idea it should be a spoof, but from what I can tell, its on the level. Tell you friends that instead of giving you wedding, anniversary, birthday gifts, etc, you'd rather give them to Obama.

Sounds like something Hitler or Stalin would have been involved in.

pphilfran
6/23/2012, 10:28 AM
It is legit....

I signed up for both Obama and Romney emails...

I have received 20 or so from Obama..in all but two the primary action was asking for money...three bucks...they kept asking for three bucks....

I was mesmerized....thinking I might actually get some meat from the campaign instead of them always begging for money I entered my credit card number and clicked on the three buck amount...

Now they are asking for $25...

So far I have received two from Romney...he was asking for money in one..

This is this mornings...

Friend,

Supporters like you have helped me get this far on the road to the election, and I can't thank you enough for helping me get my message to voters across the country. I just wrapped up an incredible bus tour of six states, and was impressed and inspired by the enthusiasm, optimism and wisdom of the folks I met along the way.

RomneyDecal

I wanted to send you this window decal as a small token of my gratitude for everything you do. You keep me inspired in this important fight for the country we love.

Just let us know where to send it, and we'll drop it in the mail. Sign up today!

Thanks again for your support,

Mitt Romney

pphilfran
6/23/2012, 10:32 AM
Speaking of bus tour....this is the latest Obama message...since I didn't give em 25 they are back to 3 in this email...

Phil --

Fun story:

President Obama gave a speech last week in Cleveland, where he drew contrasts between his plan to help the middle class and Mitt Romney's plan to help himself and people like him.

Romney's contribution to the debate? His staffers drove his campaign bus around the parking lot honking the horn repeatedly.

I'm not kidding. Romney campaign staff, in a giant bus wrapped with the Romney campaign logo, circled the event blowing the horn.

It sums up their entire campaign strategy nicely.

That's not how this organization is run. We are in the field building this grassroots movement so that we can have more conversations with voters -- because when people know the truth, we win.

Can you chip in $3 or more today to make that happen?

https://donate.barackobama.com/Honk-If-You-Like-Obama

Thanks,

Julianna

Julianna Smoot
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

P.S. -- When you donate today, you'll be automatically entered for a chance to have dinner with President Obama and the First Lady.

sappstuf
6/23/2012, 10:48 AM
Those are certainly different tones from the campaigns. One of them might be starting to reek of desperation. The Dems didn't care about money in politics 4 years ago when Obama was outspending McCain by 5-1. If Romney keeps out raising Obama like he did in May, I bet we will start hearing the squawking.

The Romney bus blowing its horn was pretty damn funny.

TitoMorelli
6/23/2012, 11:45 AM
http://sweasel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/eventregistry.jpg

sappstuf
6/23/2012, 11:51 AM
lol

pphilfran
6/23/2012, 12:02 PM
Those are certainly different tones from the campaigns. One of them might be starting to reek of desperation. The Dems didn't care about money in politics 4 years ago when Obama was outspending McCain by 5-1. If Romney keeps out raising Obama like he did in May, I bet we will start hearing the squawking.

The Romney bus blowing its horn was pretty damn funny.

Start the squawking...you ain't been getting the emails...

Phil --

For the first time in this campaign, we got beat in fundraising.

The Romney campaign and the Republican Party raised more than $76 million last month, compared to our $60 million.

We knew this moment would come when Romney secured the nomination.

What happens next is up to you.

Help close the gap right now -- make a donation of $3 or more.

I want to be clear: We'll always have more people pitching in.

We know that only 15 percent of Romney's May totals came from people giving less than $250, compared to 98 percent in that category for us.

We don't have the special-interest and high-dollar donor advantage that Romney has. Barack Obama has you, and we are bound and determined to fight back on behalf of a country where everyone gets a fair shot and a fair shake.

From the beginning we've built this campaign together, from the bottom up. More people giving a little bit is the only way to compete with a few people giving a lot.

So let's fight like hell and win this thing:

https://donate.barackobama.com/May-Numbers

More coming soon,

Messina

Jim Messina
Campaign Manager
Obama for America

P.S. -- Together, our team raised more than $60 million in May -- even more impressive when you hear that the average donation was about $55. Check out the rest of our numbers.

sappstuf
6/23/2012, 12:11 PM
Squawk!!

:)

pphilfran
6/23/2012, 12:13 PM
They are relentless with their emails...

sappstuf
6/23/2012, 12:15 PM
I read an article somewhere, but I can't find it that talked about how this is the time Obama should be building up reserves, but he is burning through his cash so fast that it isn't happening and how it is a very bad sign for him.

sappstuf
6/23/2012, 12:16 PM
They are relentless with their emails...

Better get that junk email filter set right! ;)

pphilfran
6/23/2012, 12:20 PM
Hell, no...I signed up at both campaigns so I could compare what they sent out...

soonercruiser
6/23/2012, 11:22 PM
Don't get no dang political candidate e-mail.
Don't answer no dang phone messages for donations....any!

But, I am considering forwarding the Obama Gift Registry link to the American Canine Owner's Association.
(Maybe Obama will accept food donations.)
:cheerful:

sappstuf
6/26/2012, 12:59 PM
Have you recieved any more emails phil?

soonercruiser
6/26/2012, 10:19 PM
This really goes to show the Obamanites concern for the common man (and woman).
THEY (the people) aren't really important!

To he11 with your life's dreams, and the most important events in YOUR life!
It's all about the Emperor.

I predict that they are sooooo desparate for cash that they will set up a Death Registry, so YOU can leave all your wealth to Obama. To heck with your children and rightful heirs.
It's all about Obama!

sappstuf
6/27/2012, 08:47 AM
http://global.nationalreview.com/images/photoshop_062712_A.jpg

badger
6/27/2012, 09:27 AM
Super PACs just aren't raising enough money! Do you want me to have to accept public financing like McCain suggested? Hell, no! Gimme money!!!!!!!

pphilfran
6/27/2012, 10:08 AM
Have you recieved any more emails phil?

A boatload....

One of many...

Phil --

I will be the first president in modern history to be outspent in his re-election campaign, if things continue as they have so far.

I'm not just talking about the super PACs and anonymous outside groups -- I'm talking about the Romney campaign itself. Those outside groups just add even more to the underlying problem.

The Romney campaign raises more than we do, and the math isn't hard to understand: Through the primaries, we raised almost three-quarters of our money from donors giving less than $1,000, while Mitt Romney's campaign raised more than three-quarters of its money from individuals giving $1,000 or more.

And, again, that's not including the massive outside spending by super PACs and front groups funneling up to an additional billion dollars into ads trashing me, you, and everything we believe in.

We can be outspent and still win -- but we can't be outspent 10 to 1 and still win.

More than 2.2 million Americans have already chipped in for us, and I'm so grateful for it. As we face this week's fundraising deadline, will you make a donation of $3 or more today?

Every donation you make today automatically enters you to join Michelle and me for one of the last grassroots dinners of this campaign. You've already entered -- thank you so much for your support. Today is your last chance to get your name in again.

These dinners represent how we do things differently. My opponent spent this past weekend at a secretive retreat for the biggest donors to both his campaign and the super PACs that support him.

I've got other responsibilities I'm attending to.

Donate today to stand for our kind of politics:

https://donate.barackobama.com/June-Deadline

Thank you,

Barack

C&CDean
6/27/2012, 10:11 AM
What do Muslims eat for grassroot dinner?

pphilfran
6/27/2012, 10:11 AM
I would like to know what are his kind of politics...

I get a chitpot full of emails begging for money...please, please, please, give us another three bucks...

But very little on what he stands for....each email should contain at least a snippet of his policy beliefs...

sappstuf
6/27/2012, 10:41 AM

I get a chitpot full of emails begging for money...please, please, please, give us another three bucks...

But very little on what he stands for....each email should contain at least a snippet of his policy beliefs...

Desperation..

oGylgjSiEOQ

Midtowner
6/27/2012, 10:50 AM

To be fair, neither candidate has yet completed the necessary focus groups and surveys and such to decide what they're going to believe in for the purpose of winning the general election.

soonercruiser
6/27/2012, 11:03 AM

Probably "swithchgrass"!
No, that would be transgender Muslims only....

pphilfran
6/27/2012, 01:35 PM
To be fair, neither candidate has yet completed the necessary focus groups and surveys and such to decide what they're going to believe in for the purpose of winning the general election.

To be fair they should have some inkling of what they believe in...especially Obama who is running unopposed...

To date...

Obama has sent me 40 emails in a little over a month...37 of those emails were begging for money...

Over the same time frame Romney has sent me 3 emails....all asking for money...

olevetonahill
6/27/2012, 01:49 PM
If its gonna be with Obammy , menu will be Armadillo,Ya know "Possum on the 1/2 shell"