PDA

View Full Version : Dig the shelter, the fallout is comin'

TumbleweedDoom
6/21/2012, 03:50 PM
Oh lord. Tim Tadlock just dropped a nuclear weapon to spark all the Sunny haters. He just hired Ray Hayward.

This accomplishes two things:

It will be sure to spark all the anti-Sunny, pro-Hayward folks back out of the woodwork.
It will ensure Tech's pitching staff continues to suck.

IndySooner
6/21/2012, 04:01 PM
Tadlock certainly has it out for Sunny. I think it's funny and I hope we run it up on Tech every single opportunity we get.

It's become extremely apparent that Tadlock was the problem in last year's locker room, and thus, was ultimately responsible for one of the most disappointing endings to a season we've had.

Go get 'em, Sunny!

TumbleweedDoom
6/21/2012, 04:22 PM
I can't agree with what you say there enough, Indy. Tadlock was obviously ticked off about something -- rightly or wrongly -- and his poor attitude ruined our locker room.

I think "running it up" is synonomous with hitting against Hayward-coached pitching staffs.

IndySooner
6/21/2012, 06:42 PM
There were MANY around the program that said when Tadlock left, everything would fall apart. The year he left, a team that was supposed to be rebuilding ended its season as one of the final 12 teams in the country. Also, that team returns 2 of its 3, and probably 3 of its 4 best starters, a bit of the offense and some really good relievers next year.

Too bad this program couldn't survive without Tim Tadlock!

Oh, and that team that Tadlock went to didn't make the Big 12 Tournament this year. Hmmmm.

He was a good recruiter, but it's apparent that you can find guys that can recruit. You can also find guys that won't think they're bigger than the program and that will bring in players that want to be at OU instead of wanting to be there because of an assistant coach.

texaspokieokie
6/22/2012, 09:00 AM
Saw where cowboys hired matt holiday's bro to be baseball coach.

CowboyMRW
6/26/2012, 08:21 PM
Saw where cowboys hired matt holiday's bro to be baseball coach.

Josh has put together a very good staff. We'll see if baseball can be brought to a resemblance of what it used to be. Hopefully we can get a new stadium built in the next 5 years and that will help wonders i believe.

hvhurricane
6/26/2012, 08:44 PM
I think it is safe to say that I am not on a member of the SG fan club. However, I was never a member of the RH fan club, as he was probably the worst pitching coach to ever set foot in a Div 1 program. I had a lot of respect for TT's recruting efforts, but was never sure of his on the field coaching abilities. For him to make this move tells me all I need to know about him as a person and baseball coach. He just hired THE WORST PITCHING COACH IN AMERICA. And there is obviously no doubt who the problem was in the dugout last year. What a complete waist of talent.

perryj
6/27/2012, 02:41 PM
I should clearly come here more often! I just got this news via twitter. Those ChasingOmaha folks are slipping a bit ;)

All I needed to know about Tadlock I learned when Tech didn't make the conference tournament in a down year in the Big12. Those people in Lubbock apparently don't really care if their sports teams are successful or not. I'm sure those meat judging championships are filling the coffers.

IndySooner
6/27/2012, 03:37 PM
I should clearly come here more often! I just got this news via twitter. Those ChasingOmaha folks are slipping a bit ;)

All I needed to know about Tadlock I learned when Tech didn't make the conference tournament in a down year in the Big12. Those people in Lubbock apparently don't really care if their sports teams are successful or not. I'm sure those meat judging championships are filling the coffers.

Perry, we didn't see Hayward as a pitching coach at Texas Tech as a newsworthy event nationally. :)

perryj
6/28/2012, 08:59 AM
Touche!