PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Tubby gives Tech grades

badger
6/20/2012, 03:22 PM
Link. (http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/03/tommy-tuberville-gives-grades-offense-ea.html)

No word yet on if his B-defense and C-offense will be able to conjure up another thunderstorm like last season to have any hope or prayer of defeating the mighty Sooners this year. :mad:

goingoneight
6/21/2012, 05:14 PM
I don't know WHY they did, but it's very clear to me that Tech gave up on that season after they beat us last year. Their final games were absolutely pathetic excuses for "effort."
They weren't too bad when they strolled into Norman. Not MNC-caliber... but they're aggies. They're not supposed to be. They could've had a decent season in 2011. I thought that might have been a momentum-changing win for Tubbs, but they flat out quit on him and his staff after that. It's sad, because 60-some odd others who have had the misfortune of Norman beatdowns would have loved to have had those spring board-type wins. Look what those wins did for Patterson and Miles.

EatLeadCommie
6/22/2012, 08:16 AM
I don't know WHY they did, but it's very clear to me that Tech gave up on that season after they beat us last year. Their final games were absolutely pathetic excuses for "effort."
They weren't too bad when they strolled into Norman. Not MNC-caliber... but they're aggies. They're not supposed to be. They could've had a decent season in 2011. I thought that might have been a momentum-changing win for Tubbs, but they flat out quit on him and his staff after that. It's sad, because 60-some odd others who have had the misfortune of Norman beatdowns would have loved to have had those spring board-type wins. Look what those wins did for Patterson and Miles.

They were not a good team when they strolled into Norman and they were worse after they left. Us losing to them at home is probably the most inexplicable loss of the Stoops era. Even in 2001, you could understand losing to the Pokes because our offense was terrible and it was a rivalry game. But losing to a lackluster Tech team was just mind boggling. The way our defense folded down the stretch, though, perhaps it wasn't all that mind boggling.

I'm so glad Venables has moved on.

thecrimsoncrusader
6/22/2012, 08:37 AM
It's amazing that all 3 home losses in the 2000s/2010s have come at the hands of bad football programs and 2 of the 3 of those bad football programs also had bad teams when they beat Oklahoma. Yes, TCU is a bad football program that has just so happened to field good teams during the Coach Patterson era. Oh well, it's better to lose to a bad team than a good team. If a bad team wins, it was a fluke. If a good team wins, it probably means they were better than you anyway. :sneakiness:

BBQ Man
6/22/2012, 09:52 AM
I really thought Tubs would do better much than this

badger
6/22/2012, 10:03 AM
I really thought Tubs would do better much than this

I was hesitant when I saw the results of his first campus photo shoot:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/394436/tubs2.jpg

I was much more so when I heard about the poker chips and such that Auburn had been involved in. Chizik and Tubby both just seem to have been lucky enough to have been there when the crooked boosters had brought the best players in.

SoonerSpock
6/24/2012, 12:30 AM
They were not a good team when they strolled into Norman and they were worse after they left. Us losing to them at home is probably the most inexplicable loss of the Stoops era. Even in 2001, you could understand losing to the Pokes because our offense was terrible and it was a rivalry game. But losing to a lackluster Tech team was just mind boggling. The way our defense folded down the stretch, though, perhaps it wasn't all that mind boggling.

I'm so glad Venables has moved on.

OU's loss to Colorado in Boulder in 2007 was comparable. The buffaloes lost 6 games that year.

RedstickSooner
6/25/2012, 08:07 PM
Link. (http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/03/tommy-tuberville-gives-grades-offense-ea.html)

No word yet on if his B-defense and C-offense will be able to conjure up another thunderstorm like last season to have any hope or prayer of defeating the mighty Sooners this year. :mad:

Maybe when we reference them, we should refer to their Befense and Coffense. Just putting that out there.