PDA

View Full Version : Anyone selling mineral interests?

setem
6/19/2012, 05:05 PM
Fa reals? PM me, I am in the market to buy!

cleller
6/19/2012, 05:52 PM
Get ready for some sad stories. In one of those old family inheritance tales, my mom and her brother got "cheated" out of some mineral rights in Garvin County 50 years ago. She bought just a few acres on her own, now they are generating just enough income to assist with her very high monthly medical costs. A lifesaver.

Chesapeake was actively buying up this stuff until recently. Good luck. Its a real screwed up mess in some counties. I know years ago there were problems with people selling the same minerals multiple times.

setem
6/19/2012, 06:48 PM
We have protocols that protect us against people who try to sell us interests that are not theirs. People are very protective of their minerals and should be. There are indeed jerks out there who are only in it to screw folks over.

Chuck Bao
6/19/2012, 07:22 PM
I get letters all the time and they are just trying to prey on people who don't know what their mineral rights are worth. I've leased out every acre of my mineral rights for $700/acre for 3 years, so why would it make sense to sell it for under $700/acre? That just makes me angry.

I could see selling some mineral rights that are a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction. My mom owns all of those small, tiny fractions in my family and she doesn't care about it to bother with. Besides, that would put a lot of landmen, who have to dig through county courthouse land deeds, out of a job.

My uncle does that as a hobby just to protect neighbors from those unscrupulous people. He has to take a stool into the courthouse to stand on just so he can take pictures of the deeds. He asked me to find a right angle lens for a camera, like he has noticed some landmen using. Anyone know where I can buy one for him?

Jacie
6/19/2012, 07:25 PM
I can never say thank you enough to my father's father for owning that ranch in Stephens county . . .

reflector
6/19/2012, 09:17 PM
I can honestly say that I am not selling mineral interests.

setem
6/19/2012, 09:18 PM
I have met some pretty turdy guys in the land game. Not all of us are out to snake people and I personally have seen people who had no idea they owned land or minerals basically win the lottery because I did the research and wanted to lease their land.

Chuck Bao
6/19/2012, 10:17 PM
I have met some pretty turdy guys in the land game. Not all of us are out to snake people and I personally have seen people who had no idea they owned land or minerals basically win the lottery because I did the research and wanted to lease their land.

Don't get me wrong, most of you guys are great. The one who normally leases my family's mineral rights is like a close family friend. I was just complaining about the telephone calls and letters from strangers who have become increasingly annoying over the last several years.

olevetonahill
6/19/2012, 10:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, most of you guys are great. The one who normally leases my family's mineral rights is like a close family friend. I was just complaining about the telephone calls and letters from strangers who have become increasingly annoying over the last several years.\

Agree Bro
Bet in the Last year ive gotten 6 or more letters from different folk wanting to buy my little bit. Hell of it is they wantin to Pay less to buy em out right than what I leased em for for 3 years.

olevetonahill
6/19/2012, 10:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, most of you guys are great. The one who normally leases my family's mineral rights is like a close family friend. I was just complaining about the telephone calls and letters from strangers who have become increasingly annoying over the last several years.\

Agree Bro
Bet in the Last year ive gotten 6 or more letters from different folk wanting to buy my little bit. Hell of it is they wantin to Pay less to buy em out right than what I leased em for for 3 years.

setem
6/20/2012, 12:49 AM
I hate to brake it to you and vet but unless we come knock on your door there really isn't any other way for us to communicate with you guys. Letters and phones seem to work the best. I try to make my calls as positive of an experience as I can. I told chuck in my PM when I get the go ahead to send a offer in by a land owner I try to represent them like they are my mom or dad. If I can make you the money you are happy with then I am gonna make some money too and that always makes me happy.

There are some people who just automatically think I am calling to take the family gold.

Chuck Bao
6/20/2012, 04:26 AM
I hate to brake it to you and vet but unless we come knock on your door there really isn't any other way for us to communicate with you guys. Letters and phones seem to work the best. I try to make my calls as positive of an experience as I can. I told chuck in my PM when I get the go ahead to send a offer in by a land owner I try to represent them like they are my mom or dad. If I can make you the money you are happy with then I am gonna make some money too and that always makes me happy.

There are some people who just automatically think I am calling to take the family gold.

I really think that it is something that you grow into and eventually build those relationships and trust. I very much like your approach about like representing your mom and dad. On the other hand, the oil companies can be mean, secretive and forceful. With my own ears I've heard something like: "We'll send you that damn check when we get good and ****ing ready to send you that damn check." Landmen are super extra nice compared to that.

olevetonahill
6/20/2012, 07:07 AM

Bro, these are folks contacting me out of the blue after 30 years. No one bothered till I leased em 2 years ago.
Not criticizing YOU at all.I wish you luck
I am just commenting on my experience

Petro-Sooner
6/20/2012, 10:06 AM
Sure wish I had minerals in northern Oklahoma and into Kansas. The play up their is on fire!

setem
6/20/2012, 10:44 AM
Sure wish I had minerals in northern Oklahoma and into Kansas. The play up their is on fire!

YES IT IS!

MamaMia
6/24/2012, 03:11 PM
We sell mineral rights on some property in Mountain View, Hobart and Saddle Mountain but they never drill.

edit...I take that back...We LEASE our mineral rights.