PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy's family

badger
6/19/2012, 11:21 AM
IN ADVANCE: This is offseason, so I don't feel bad about doing this. Go ahead and neg me or angry face me for this, but this is getting to be quite... interesting.

As you may recall, Colt's wife whined on the radio about whorns not being able to say no to boosters (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/29860703):

People in Texas are just being friendly and they don't mean anything by it at all. They don't realize most of the time it is a violation. Texas is very clear with their players ... You cannot expect 19- to 20-year-old men to not accept free stuff while they're in college ... There's no way that college kids can really, honestly say no to all this stuff ... It's hard for a lot of these guys to even know ... I saw so many of his teammates who maybe didn't have some of that self-control to be able to say no to somebody. It's hard because you've got adults who you respect who you think will know what's right and what's wrong ... You do what adults say; that's how you're taught. So you have adults offering things, promising the world, doing all this stuff: we're taught to go along with that. That's the respectful thing to do. It's interesting to see adults really putting kids in these positions where they're taught to agree and go along and respect.

And then Colt's father was all like "my boy's concussed and they sent him back out!" this past NFL season (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/colt-mccoys-father-rips-browns-for-handling-of-concussion/2011/12/09/gIQAAXLSiO_blog.html):

“He never should've gone back in the game...He was basically out after the hit. You could tell by the ridigity of his body as he was laying there.

"There were a lot of easy symptoms that should've told them he had a concussion. He was nauseated and he didn't know who he was. From what I could see, they didn't test him for a concussion on the sidelines. They looked at his [left] hand.”

And NOW... Colt's younger and far less talented whorn brother Case joins the foot-in-mouth club:
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/case-mccoy-300x201.jpg

Seriously... Colt seems like one of the coolest whorns, being friends with Sammie and all, but everyone in that McCoy clan is just doing everything to ruin Colt's reputation in the league, among the whorns, you name it. Poor Colt.

marfacowboy
6/19/2012, 11:26 AM
I like Colt. He seems like a decent guy. I always thought the Cowboy's should have taken him, and for his sake, I hope he does get to leave Cleveland.

texaspokieokie
6/19/2012, 11:27 AM
Colt's dad was right, but maybe should keep his mouth shut. That was a brutal & extremely dirty hit that he absorbed.

As for what case said, looks innocent enough.

JMHO

badger
6/19/2012, 11:30 AM
Oh... looks like Case was fooled by a fake ESPN account... or giving a REALLY lame excuse for that tweet (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/06/colt-mccoys-brother-rips-into-browns-then-takes-it-back/1#.T-CoDVLiFTY):

After seeing a tweet from a fake ESPN account that stated Colt had been traded to the Philadelphia Eagles, Case tweeted his feelings about the Browns and their future direction saying they were "only going downhill."
http://i46.tinypic.com/2m2jec1.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/1jqelv.png

KantoSooner
6/19/2012, 02:03 PM
Damage Control Rule No. 1: if you're going to apologize, get it out early, be effusive and humble and all encompassing; apologize for all evil since the garden if you must. Then shut the hell up.

Breadburner
6/19/2012, 03:08 PM
What an idiot....!!

Herr Scholz
6/19/2012, 03:32 PM
Case and Brad McCoy are definitely not helping him in Cleveland. They definitely need to stay out of his job situation. His wife, however, said that Colt turned down everything offered to him while in college, dinners, hunting trips, etc. She intimated that others may not have but that Colt did.

badger
6/19/2012, 03:36 PM
She intimated that others may not have but that Colt did.

Can you picture how that conversation went?

Rachel: Did you give into any of those slut's advances?
Colt: NO!
Rachel: For real!
Colt: Of course I wouldn't!
Rachel: ...
Colt: Wait... we're talking about whorn boosters, right?

:mack:

REDREX
6/19/2012, 03:43 PM
I hope Case is a two year starter----I would be all for him being a three year starter if the NCAA wants to call his freshman year a redshirt

Seamus
6/19/2012, 03:53 PM
Colt is a freaking warrior. Had we not had Sammy, would have loved having Colt. I hate his school, but anyone who can't see and admire this guy's tenacity as a player needs to grow up.

badger
6/19/2012, 04:02 PM
Colt is a freaking warrior. Had we not had Sammy, would have loved having Colt. I hate his school, but anyone who can't see and admire this guy's tenacity as a player needs to grow up.

I admire him more for seeing the crap he's had to deal with family-wise lately

agoo758
6/19/2012, 04:34 PM
If i'm Colt, i sit down with every authority figure in cleveland, and apologizing for the comments by his dad and his brother, saying that it in no way represents his opinions and that he will make every effort possible to prevent anything like this happening again.

I can't help but feel sorry for him as he seems like a great guy yet is surrounded by unintelligent people.

kbsooner21
6/19/2012, 04:57 PM
TTIWWP of Colt's wife

olevetonahill
6/19/2012, 05:05 PM
TTIWWP of Colt's wife
Here ya Go
http://www.clevelandfrowns.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rachel_mccoy.jpg

Seamus
6/19/2012, 10:42 PM
Very tappable.

olevetonahill
6/19/2012, 10:43 PM
Very tappable.
I'd have to take that jewelry off of her 1st tho.

Tear Down This Wall
6/20/2012, 08:40 AM
Who cares? Colt was always too little to play in the NFL anyway. Go watch the replay of the hit. If he'd stayed in the pocket and tried to find a receiver, like an NFL quarterback, he'd have never been in the position for Harrison to bang on him.

The kid's not an NFL quarterback; he still tries to play the college game in the NFL. Sorry, Colt and dad, that James Harrison isn't some garden variety, Iowa State-quality defender that can be outrun if the first two reads aren't open.

As to his ding dong brother...the dude can't win the starting job in the weakest lineup of Texas quarterbacks since the mid-to-late 80s. If he were honest with himself, he'd transfer down to Division II Abilene Christian where he'd have a better shot at a starting job.

In short, those people are inhaling too much dust out there in and around the greater Abilene area. Dopes.

BBQ Man
6/20/2012, 02:55 PM
I like Colt and I agree his family's hurting him in the NFL, but he'll be okay. Colt's getting big money to play football, has a hot wife and is set for life since he can always go back to Austin and get paid to be the front man for something at the school, a restaurant or something similar.

Curly Bill
6/20/2012, 04:49 PM
Anybody with much of a clue knew Colty-boy didn't have an NFL arm, and I think the whole arm strength dealio is overrated, but you do need to at least have some arm strength.

texaspokieokie
6/21/2012, 07:45 AM
Colt's problems @ cleveland are much greater than anything his family has said or done.

I just know the browns guys didn't think to check his "arm strength"

That vicious hit was in no way the fault of colt. It was a pure "cheap-shot".

Tear Down This Wall
6/21/2012, 11:21 AM
Colt's problems @ cleveland are much greater than anything his family has said or done.

I just know the browns guys didn't think to check his "arm strength"

That vicious hit was in no way the fault of colt. It was a pure "cheap-shot".

It's the result of him not being able to play quarterback. He steps up in the pocket only briefly before panicking and running out where Harrison had a shot at him, and lobbing the ball to a running back. If he'd stayed in the pocket, he'd have been able to make the same play.

He's not a good quarterback. Sorry. He put himself in the position to get smacked because his skill level isn't what it should be to play quarterback in the NFL.

He's not big enough. He's not quick enough with his reads. And, he's not confident enough to stay in the pocket and do the job he's being paid to do. When you start moving around too much, you open yourself up to DEs, LBs, and blitzing safeties. This is the NFL we're talking about, not a home opener at DKR Memorial against Florida Atlantic or Louisiana-Monroe.

Here's a compromise, though...let's look at the big picture about whose fault it was. In the big picture, it's the Cleveland Browns' fault for not being able to recognize NFL-level quarterback talent. For many years, they haven't shown the ability to either recognize it on draft days or to spend the money to buy a quarterback with it in free agency.

Therefore, they stuck themselves in a situation where a guy too small and unable to read defenses fast enough at the level was put on the field against a team like Pittsburgh, which is known for its tough defenses.

badger
6/21/2012, 11:52 AM
It's the result of him not being able to play quarterback. He steps up in the pocket only briefly before panicking and running out where Harrison had a shot at him, and lobbing the ball to a running back. If he'd stayed in the pocket, he'd have been able to make the same play.
It happens to a lot of quarterbacks. NFL defenders have a lot of pent up angst from a week of practice not being able to hit quarterbacks in their precious no-contact jerseys. I remember GK saying before the draft that the quarterback he most wanted to hit was "King Sam" because for several years in practice, he wasn't allowed to touch him, heh.

He's not a good quarterback. Sorry. He put himself in the position to get smacked because his skill level isn't what it should be to play quarterback in the NFL.
Agree, but I want it to be clear that this does not detract from his UT achievements or the fact that he seems like a really nice person. I think he can most be compared with that Boise State quarterback --- lots of college victories, which is all fine and good at the college level, but it doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL level.

He's not big enough. He's not quick enough with his reads. And, he's not confident enough to stay in the pocket and do the job he's being paid to do. When you start moving around too much, you open yourself up to DEs, LBs, and blitzing safeties. This is the NFL we're talking about, not a home opener at DKR Memorial against Florida Atlantic or Louisiana-Monroe.
UT really didn't prepare for a lot, did they?
- Didn't prepare a backup in case Colt went down with injury.
- Didn't prepare for facing a powerful defensive lineman like Stompy Stomp Suh

etc etc

Here's a compromise, though...let's look at the big picture about whose fault it was. In the big picture, it's the Cleveland Browns' fault for not being able to recognize NFL-level quarterback talent. For many years, they haven't shown the ability to either recognize it on draft days or to spend the money to buy a quarterback with it in free agency.
Poke fans may call me an eternal hater, but I think they just misjudged talent again on Old Man Weeden. Talented quarterback, no doubt, but the college game churns out dozens of talented quarterbacks every year, only a few of which have any business being NFL starters. Look at Tebow. Look at McCoy. Talented, but not NFL starter material.

Therefore, they stuck themselves in a situation where a guy too small and unable to read defenses fast enough at the level was put on the field against a team like Pittsburgh, which is known for its tough defenses.
If Cleveland wasn't a bunch of jerks, I'd feel bad for them since their fans are so loyal. I say about the same thing to a much larger degree with Philly: A bunch of jerks who still loyally come to games, even if it's just to boo a lot.

And... this situation is compounded by the fact that Colt's family cannot STFU. It's like our situation was with Bromar. Not only is he scrambling when he shouldn't, not throwing enough TDs to combat his INTs, and taking money while not working at a car dealership, but his dad just couldn't resist talking to the media every waking moment.

Tear Down This Wall
6/21/2012, 12:44 PM
Agree on everything except Bomar - Colt McCoy always had far better character than Bomar. Even before Bomar took a snap in a game, he was piling up minor in possession charges in and around Norman.

Colt earned every bit of success he had attained in Austin; Bomar thought it would be handed to him. Bomar's dad rubbed off on him. I think Colt's dad is just, maybe overprotective or not realistic about how things are done/handled in the NFL.

Tebow, if he would just learn to play quarterback, has the size and strength to do it. I just don't think he's 100% into it. It's not a ego trip thing for him, though. I think the guy really does enjoy the philanthropic opportunities his NFL gives him more than he likes playing. Otherwise, he'd take to the bit and learn to play QB properly.

HAMTTX
6/22/2012, 03:43 AM
Brad McCy is an idiot. And how shaky legs Case ever got on scholarship is telling on the current state of Texas football. How does the university of Texas not have a good QB?

badger
6/22/2012, 08:18 AM
Brad McCy is an idiot. And how shaky legs Case ever got on scholarship is telling on the current state of Texas football. How does the university of Texas not have a good QB?

If I recall correctly, they were in the market for one of the top QB recruits of the class, who went elsewhere, so then they were like "Hey, Chase Daniel! We actually loved you all along and we know you're committed to Mizzou, but you're a lifelong Bevo fan, right? Come to your dream school!" And McBooger was like "Well... nah, I'll keep my commitment to the Tigers." And so, they settled for Colt.

It wasn't a bad settlement. He passed tons of balls to his buddy Shipley. :eek: