PDA

View Full Version : Rodney King Ded at 47

olevetonahill
6/17/2012, 10:54 AM
Floatin in a pool

http://news.yahoo.com/1990s-la-police-beating-victim-rodney-king-found-153048343.html

nighttrain12
6/17/2012, 11:34 AM
You beat me to posting this.

olevetonahill
6/17/2012, 11:40 AM
Well aint I sompun.

Turd_Ferguson
6/17/2012, 01:01 PM
"America's been good to me after I paid the price and stayed alive through it all," he says. "This part of my life is the easy part now

Read more: http://newsok.com/rodney-king-key-figure-in-la-riots-dead-at-47/article/feed/394723#ixzz1y4h8nseI

Never count your chickens...

I'm sure Jesse and Al are boarding their private Lear's...

olevetonahill
6/17/2012, 01:06 PM
Heh. The cops tried CPR on him, It dint werk
Dont they know that CPR aint a Fart in the face and a Kick in the ribs?

cleller
6/17/2012, 04:25 PM
Maybe his estate can sue his marijuana supplier for this tragedy that has befallen us.

olevetonahill
6/17/2012, 05:36 PM
Maybe his estate can sue his marijuana supplier for this tragedy that has befallen us.
Twernt MaryJ that did him in

I Am Right
6/17/2012, 06:31 PM
And his death is important because?

cleller
6/17/2012, 07:02 PM
And his death is important because?

Well, here were Rodney's own thoughts on the matter: (via Yahoo News)

The Los Angeles Times published a quote that King gave the newspaper earlier this year: "I would change a few things, but not that much. Yes, I would go through that night, yes I would. I said once that I wouldn't, but that's not true. It changed things. It made the world a better place."

Memtig14
6/17/2012, 10:25 PM
You beat me to posting this.

No beating around here!

Jacie
6/18/2012, 09:14 AM
King, who has three children, was engaged to marry Cynthia Kelley, a juror in the civil suit he brought against the city of Los Angeles, according to the biography that accompanied his book.

No conflict of interest there, no sir.

jkjsooner
6/18/2012, 09:19 AM
King, who has three children, was engaged to marry Cynthia Kelley, a juror in the civil suit he brought against the city of Los Angeles, according to the biography that accompanied his book.

No conflict of interest there, no sir.

I'm assuming they didn't know each other until after the trial.

C&CDean
6/18/2012, 01:18 PM
I hope the cops drug his worthless corpse outta the water and smashed him in the face with a brick.

olevetonahill
6/18/2012, 01:22 PM
I hope the cops drug his worthless corpse outta the water and smashed him in the face with a brick.
Did ya not read where I described the CPR they did on him?

Jacie
6/18/2012, 01:23 PM
I'm assuming they didn't know each other until after the trial.

She sat on a jury that awarded him $3.8 million. Do you also assume there was absolutely no flirting between them during the trial?

badger
6/18/2012, 02:36 PM
She sat on a jury that awarded him $3.8 million. Do you also assume there was absolutely no flirting between them during the trial?

Jury: Not guilty.
Los Angeles: Here goes the riot!
Jury: WAIT! $3.8 million. Please, stop destroying the city!

So, it didn't really go like that, but looking back, it might as well have.

Irony: The two strongest LA gangs, the Bloods and the Crips, have a truce in order to fight everyone else for a change after the verdict, then go back to fighting each other after Rodney asks if we all can't get along.

jkjsooner
6/18/2012, 02:37 PM

I'm not saying it doesn't sound fishy but I'd guess the government would have had a good case for appeal if they determined that there was any contact between the two prior to or during trial.

jkjsooner
6/18/2012, 02:40 PM

C'mon, man. King was the one black guy who stood up and tried to talk others into getting along during the riots. In my book that was a courageous act.

C&CDean
6/18/2012, 04:53 PM
C'mon, man. King was the one black guy who stood up and tried to talk others into getting along during the riots. In my book that was a courageous act.

If your tongue isn't firmly planted in your cheek and you don't have your fingers crossed while typing that then you are a buffoon.

olevetonahill
6/18/2012, 05:20 PM
He were drankin an smokin Dope.

King's representative Suzanne Wickman confirmed to his death to KABC-TV. According to TMZ, King's fiancée, Cynthia Kelly, told friends King spent the bulk of Saturday drinking and "smoked marijuana at some point," before she went to went to bed at 2:00 a.m.