PDA

View Full Version : Blue Valentine

SanJoaquinSooner
6/15/2012, 12:07 AM
I watched Blue Valentine last night and give it two or three thumbs up.

Interesting, that initially I thought the script was a bit weak, especially with the high quality actors in the film. But as the film progressed, I came to appreciate the script, the direction, and the story. It finished very strong. So many films start out strong and peter out with a weak dumb *** finish. I always think of Amores Perros when I think of movies that finish strong - when you come to appreciate all in the film that came before.

I might describe Blue Valentine as a gritty, heavy version of 500 Days of Summer. The scenes alternate between early relationship and life-after-5-years-of-marriage. Interesting, complex characters who have some great qualities and some glaring flaws.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2010/12/blue-valentine.jpg

C&CDean
6/15/2012, 09:16 AM
Know how I know you're gay?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/15/2012, 11:06 AM
Know how I know you're gay?

Cause I didn't mention to two graphic sex scenes w/ Michelle Williams? They weren't all that erotic, but they fit perfectly.

nighttrain12
6/16/2012, 01:59 PM
Did she have 'perky' ones?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/16/2012, 02:50 PM
Did she have 'perky' ones?

Not implants for sure. But they looked like you might expect an ordinary set to look after having a kid and five years of marriage.

Both leads gained 15 pounds for the after-five-years-of-marriage to contrast with early relationship scenes. Like de niro's jake lamotta in raging bull.