PDA

View Full Version : Seems Barry's not the most popular person in College Station......

Salt City Sooner
6/14/2012, 05:59 PM
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2100196&forum_id=5

olevetonahill
6/14/2012, 06:10 PM
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2100196&forum_id=5
**** them and the poodles they rode in on.

sooneron
6/14/2012, 08:03 PM
Those worthless goose stepping gomers and their ****ty football history are gone, why would you care about what they have to say?

picasso
6/14/2012, 08:32 PM
Wannabes.

Mac94
6/14/2012, 08:35 PM
Those worthless goose stepping gomers and their ****ty football history are gone, why would you care about what they have to say?

Awwwww .... you care enough to still insult us!!!!!! I'm touched ;)

Seriously ... Obviously Barry's comments will not be popular amoung a fan base that is wildly excited about the move to the SEC. Barry has his opinion and we'll see if he's right or if we hold our own (in time ... there will be a transition period). A&M and the SEC though is NOT something that just emerged a few summers ago ... A&M and the SEC have been linked for decades ... we were oh so close to the SEc in the early 1990's. Historically ... A&M is a SWC team ... but after that we were and are more SEC than Big-8.

Mac94
6/14/2012, 08:39 PM
This is one reason why I am glad we are going ... I'm from Oklahoma and I was raised a Sooner fan ... still love OU ... but I ended up at A&M for financial reasons. Fell in love with A&M as well. Of course, at the time A&M was SWC, OU was Big-8 ... we both hated Texas .... so what was the problem? Who knew, lol.

It'll be nice not having them play each other year in and year out ... always hated seeing one lose to the other.

EatLeadCommie
6/14/2012, 08:43 PM
Barry's right. aTm right now has some enthusiasm surrounding the program because of Sumlin and the luster of moving to the SEC, but they are not going to do any better in the SEC than they did in the BXII. Oh they may win some recruiting battles, but if the SEC is all that great, they're going to need to win an occasional recruiting battle just to stay mid-tier in the SEC like they were in the BXII.

Sooner70
6/15/2012, 06:09 AM
I think aTm is in for a rough go of it. No doubt, SEC will be like running the gauntlet. aTm was just getting on their feet in the B12 and making recruiting progress + Sumlin could've put them in the upper tier of competition in B12. They'll be an also ran in SEC for years to come. On the recruiting end, it ain't gonna help them at all. In fact, it may hurt them. Right now, Texas is the most fertile HS recruiting ground in this part of the country, and there's a draw for the local boys to be able to play for a team that keeps it here--i.e Baylor, Tech, Texas, etc. All that's gone now for aTm. Also, unless a Texas kid has Aggie roots, they're gonna want to play for the likes of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, etc. Who's gonna want to play for a mid SEC, 4 or so loss team?

Good luck to the Aggies, 'cause they're sure gonna need it.

Mac94
6/15/2012, 08:18 AM
Right now, Texas is the most fertile HS recruiting ground in this part of the country, and there's a draw for the local boys to be able to play for a team that keeps it here--i.e Baylor, Tech, Texas, etc.

"keeps it here?" You realize that we're moving conferences .... but College Station is staying in Texas about 90 miles from Houston, right? We're not moving the school across the state line into Louisiana. Texas A&M will play alot of game IN Texas. This season we play 7 games in the state ... Texas, Baylor, and Tech play 8. Not a huge difference.

Plus ... in the recruiting area, this helps open back up Louisiana for us. We used to recruit there quite heavily.

We'll see how it goes in the short term (probably not that well) and long term (to be determined) but recruiting won't take a hit because we won't play in Texas anymore.

Mississippi Sooner
6/15/2012, 08:30 AM
he's not the brightest dude I've every listened to...he is about as idiot as they come.

I can't stop laughing at this gem.

C&CDean
6/15/2012, 09:24 AM
Holy ****. Those goobers are even dumber than y'all.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2012, 09:37 AM
Also, I just can't see how we will miss the Little 10, the Big 10's slower, duller cousin. I know tards and klannies crave those exciting match ups with Midwestern corn states, but I sure as hell don't!

right -great logic here - you couldnt beat the corn states - so now you're going to a tougher league with delusions of grandeur

that thread is about the dumbest thing i've read on that board.....but hey - more power to them - in 10-15 years of irrelevance in a league dominated by the bama's, florida's and lsu's - they might look back on winning 8 or 9 games against the corn states as the glory days

KantoSooner
6/15/2012, 09:43 AM
On a related topic, I need clarification.

Are the TAMU Cadets actually part of the US Military? Any national military?

Or are they basically a bunch of masculinity-challenged azzwipes who get off on dressing up in costume, playing army-soldier and attempting to enforce 'Don't Walk On The Grass' ordinances?

Seems kind of like a group of Barney Fife wannabes.

They are, compared to Switzer, like little lap dogs pissing on the wall of a cathedral.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2012, 10:06 AM
On a related topic, I need clarification.

Are the TAMU Cadets actually part of the US Military? Any national military?

Or are they basically a bunch of masculinity-challenged azzwipes who get off on dressing up in costume, playing army-soldier and attempting to enforce 'Don't Walk On The Grass' ordinances?

Seems kind of like a group of Barney Fife wannabes.

They are, compared to Switzer, like little lap dogs pissing on the wall of a cathedral.

you get the concept of tradition right?

during WW2, a&m put more military officers in to service, second only to the US Military Academy

not all of the corps of cadets are ROTC candidates but many are.....i dont know why everybody has such an issue with the tradition at the school

Mac94
6/15/2012, 10:14 AM
Until the 1960's Texas A&M was all male and membership in the Corps was required. We were basically a military school much like VPI (Virginia Tech), the Citadel, etc. Corps membership became optional and of course A&M began admitting women and the University has changed and evolved over the decades into the 8th largest University in the country. But, the Corps still remains and many (but not all) of it's members will enter the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines upon graduation.

BigTip
6/15/2012, 10:22 AM
From the mouth of babes sometimes come jewels that make you laugh;

"Barry's been bitter ever since Craig James broke his record for most killed hookers."

Back on topic though, I think aggie will be happier not getting pwned by *. They'll still get their asses beat up, but at least it won't be by * !

Mac94
6/15/2012, 10:29 AM
Back on topic though, I think aggie will be happier not getting pwned by *. They'll still get their asses beat up, but at least it won't be by * !

First ... I fully expect we will play ths sips again ... may be a decade or more ... once DeLoss is long gone, much like FLorida and FSU, Clemson and S Carolina, etc. play.

Second, regardless ... we will have deep rivalries ... already kinda do. We've played LSU and Arkansas more than we've played anyone in the Big-12 outside of Texas and Baylor. We have a long hated rivalry with LSU .

marfacowboy
6/15/2012, 10:38 AM
They're going to get the same sort of kicking Arkansas took for years. Arky hasn't won the SEC title one time. What would they give to have the old SWC back (and the opportunity to actually win the conference)!
And Arkansas can't even dominate track and field and cross country these days within their own conference, not to mention nationally. Texas A&M is going to have a really tough time over there. They're like an old whore, willing to take the punishment for the money.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/15/2012, 10:48 AM
Holy ****. Those goobers are even dumber than y'all.

HAHAHAAAAAaaaa. Ah, Dean. You are such a jackass. Love it.

sooneron
6/15/2012, 10:51 AM
Awwwww .... you care enough to still insult us!!!!!! I'm touched ;)

Sorry, just don't care about atm. Not. one. bit.

badger
6/15/2012, 10:52 AM
Since Bob Stoops' arrival:

1999: OU: 51, A&M: 6
2000: OU: 35, A&M: 31
2001: OU: 31, A&M: 10
2002: OU: 26, A&M: 30
2003: OU: 77, A&M: 0
2004: OU: 42, A&M: 35
2005: OU: 36, A&M: 30
2006: OU: 17, A&M: 16
2007: OU: 42, A&M: 14
2008: OU: 66, A&M: 28
2009: OU: 65, A&M: 10
2010: OU: 19, A&M: 33
2011: OU: 41, A&M: 25

Oh Aggies, you must realize that OU is of the same caliber as the top SEC programs, in terms of national championships, Heismans, prestige, tradition, you name it.

So if you could only beat us twice since 2002... well, at least you only had to face one of us in the Big 12. In the SEC, you're doomed.

Mac94
6/15/2012, 10:54 AM
They're going to get the same sort of kicking Arkansas took for years

Arkansas won the SEC West their third year after the switch. And ... few if any Arkansas fans regret joining the SEC.

Mac94
6/15/2012, 11:01 AM
So if you could only beat us twice since 2002... well, at least you only had to face one of us in the Big 12. In the SEC, you're doomed.

Right now we are facing a situation like we had in 2008 in then Big-12 South when OU, Texas, and Tech were all 12-1 ... replace the names with Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas and we've seen this act before.

That said ... we know the SEC is tough ... very tough. And in the short run it's gonna be rough ... most of us realize that. But this move isn't about 2012 or 2013 ... it's about the long term for Texas A&M. It is a move with risk and reward ... we'll see how it plays out.

marfacowboy
6/15/2012, 11:14 AM
Arkansas won the SEC West their third year after the switch. And ... few if any Arkansas fans regret joining the SEC.

Luck with Barry Lunney. I remember it well, and they got trounced in the title game. I guess they love not winning championships.

Tear Down This Wall
6/15/2012, 11:25 AM
A&M's problem won't be recruiting, it will be that they hired another offensive coach instead of a defensive coach. SEC is all about defense and establishing a good running game.

Unfortunately, Sumlin will have his lunch eaten down there because of it. He'd have been better off had the Aggies stayed in the Big 12. In the SEC, he'll taste failure early and often.

After Sumlin's failure, A&M may finally figure out that defense matters (maybe listening to the old defensive coach that once led them, R.C. Slocum) and hire accordingly.

Mac94
6/15/2012, 11:33 AM
A&M's problem won't be recruiting, it will be that they hired another offensive coach instead of a defensive coach.

This will be interesting to watch as both us and Mizzou are going in and going counter to conventional SEC style. But in a bigger picture ... I do thing coaching is the key in college football ... it all comes down to finding the right guy. Texas A&M has alot of positives in terms of location, money, fanbase, etc. It all comes down to finding our own "Saben" or "Stoops" or "Meyer," etc.

We'll see how Sumlin does. Speaking of Urban Meyer ... wasn;t he an offensive guy when he moved to Florida from Utah? I think it can work ... but we'll have to wait and see if Sumlin is the right guy or not.

badger
6/15/2012, 11:37 AM
A&M's problem won't be recruiting, it will be that they hired another offensive coach instead of a defensive coach. SEC is all about defense and establishing a good running game.

Unfortunately, Sumlin will have his lunch eaten down there because of it. He'd have been better off had the Aggies stayed in the Big 12. In the SEC, he'll taste failure early and often.

After Sumlin's failure, A&M may finally figure out that defense matters (maybe listening to the old defensive coach that once led them, R.C. Slocum) and hire accordingly.

I feel bad for Kevin Sumlin walking into that center of delusion and entitlement. I hope he takes them to the cleaners and gets to retire someplace sunny for all the crap he'll put up with down there.

Now, I'm not talking about all Aggies, there are rational aggies (like Mac here), I'll talking about the crazy Internet Aggies that'll boot up the plane tracker to find out where university officials are flying, whining about t-sip this and t-sip that, and being under the mistaken impression that every five-star recruit in the country wants to play for a fanbase of hospital orderly cheerleaders and collie dog worships. Bark bark. Oh wait, I mean "Whoop howdy AAAAAAAAAA" :rcmad:

This is why A&M is a revolving door for coaches since RC wasn't good enough for them. Durrrrr, we need to beat tu, nuthin else matters durrrrr. Like I've been saying since Tech ousted Leach, aggies deserve the football misery they're in now.

And oh man, is it fun to watch.
http://www.utexasclan.com/images/hotlink/12-men.jpg

Crash and burn, Aggie. Chant SEC along with Ole Miss and Kentucky when you're home this postseason.

Mac94
6/15/2012, 11:43 AM
badger -

You found a recent pic where we were ranked! Impressive!!! ;)

Our hopes this year in in staying relatively healthy aand sweeping our OOC and the state of Mississippi. Pull that off and mange one minor upset agaisnt Florida, Auburn, or Missouri and we just might make a bowl. Woohoo.

badger
6/15/2012, 11:46 AM
badger -

You found a recent pic where we were ranked! Impressive!!! ;)

See, we have the one cool Aggie on the Internet here at SF.com. All of the other Internet Aggies are so furious with me that they're tracking my IP address, facebook/twitter account and personal information so that they can post it online. For... some... aggie... reason...

But really, Internet Aggies, I am not a fan of an SEC team, so don't mind me. :rcmad:

Breadburner
6/15/2012, 11:47 AM
Everyone grab your scrotum...On 1....!!!

Tear Down This Wall
6/15/2012, 11:52 AM
Speaking of Urban Meyer ... wasn;t he an offensive guy when he moved to Florida from Utah? I think it can work ... but we'll have to wait and see if Sumlin is the right guy or not.

His three most successful seasons at UF, his defenses gave up fewer than 190 points. In 2007, his Florida squad scored 136 more points than his 2006 national titles squad. The difference: the 2006 defense only gave up 189 points, the 2007 edition surrendered 331.

We've had the same problem at OU. We've had record-setting offenses, but no national title to show for it. Our one national title year under Stoops came courtesy of a nasty, stingy defense that shut out Florida State's offense in the championship game, and gave up only 192 point in the regular season.

SEC is defense, defense, defense. Sumlin never was about defense at Houston. He doesn't have SEC speed on offense or defense yet either. It will be a painful thing to watch because we loved Sumlin here.

70sooner
6/15/2012, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty sure badger doesn't have a scrotum to grab, LOL!~

Mac94
6/15/2012, 11:57 AM
I know Florida was very good defensively ... Sumlin will have to be as well ... He will need a very good DC (hopefully Mark Snyder is one). Only thought is that an offensive minded coach can work in the SEC. Just gotta see is Sumlin is the right guy for it. He has acknowledged we must be good on defense ... I think he knows he can;t play shootout ball in the SEC. The question, though, is can he build a defense that will work. We'll see. It'll be hard to tell for a few years because he didn't walk into a situation with a goo amount of SEC type defensive linemen.

badger
6/15/2012, 11:57 AM
I'm pretty sure badger doesn't have a scrotum to grab, LOL!~

And I don't intend to ever grab any aggie scrotum.
http://www.lindyssports.com/tyfoon/site/pages/images/673fbb0baa96824.jpg

Eww, aggie scrotum :eek:

Mac94
6/15/2012, 12:06 PM
Hey now ... whats wrong with Lady Rev??? ;) She's a great mascot! Beats those "pig dog" suits OU now puts on the sidelines. Reminds me of when Jackie Sherrill suggested some kind of "Ol Sarge" foam suited mascot ... that didnt go over well at all! OU reallt didn't need to go with those things ... the schooner with Boomer and Sooner were just fine no matter what the #$&%&*@^&%^^!&$ refs in the Orange Bowl vs Washington said!

70sooner
6/15/2012, 12:10 PM
sure seems like a lot of bitter people on the tex ag site......

picasso
6/15/2012, 01:29 PM
... few if any Arkansas fans regret joining the SEC.
Well what the hell was the alternative?

Bye Aggies.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/15/2012, 01:38 PM
Sorry, just don't care about atm. Not. one. bit.They ARE aggy, and have even voluntarily become one. Not a lot there to warrant attraction and/or appreciation.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2012, 01:42 PM
mac94 went back for a second and third helping of that kool aid

Mac94
6/15/2012, 01:46 PM
mac94 went back for a second and third helping of that kool aid

LOL ... 7 years and 2 degrees later ..... [homer simpson]Mmmmmmmmm .... Maroon Kool aid .... awwgggggggggggggggg[/homer simpson] ;)

Of course, what did that give me ... a window with a view .... of the UT Tower .... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

badger
6/15/2012, 01:50 PM
Mac mumbles "dat for the win... dat for the win" in his sleep.
http://www.vhkhvn.org/vhkh/leader_dev/images/Dat_Nguyen_football.jpg

Mac94
6/15/2012, 01:51 PM
Nahhhhh .... more like "HE GOTTA TOUCHDOWN HE GOTTA TOUCHDOWN HE GOTTA TOUCHDOWN ... OH DOCTOR!" ;)

thecrimsoncrusader
6/15/2012, 02:01 PM
ATM's suckitude is immense.

Mac94
6/15/2012, 02:03 PM
ATM's suckitude is immense.

Our equestrian team can beat up your equestrian team so :P

;)

badger
6/15/2012, 02:08 PM
Nahhhhh .... more like "HE GOTTA TOUCHDOWN HE GOTTA TOUCHDOWN HE GOTTA TOUCHDOWN ... OH DOCTOR!" ;)

I suddenly pictured OU superfan Jim Ross doing a promo during WWE's Raw: "Fruity fruity fruity OH BY GAWD THEY'RE FRUITY... Skittles!" :D

Soooo... um... will your fight songs be a little less slow next season because of your newfound SEC speed, or can we still expect death march pace? :rcmad:

Mac94
6/15/2012, 02:17 PM
Soooo... um... will your fight songs be a little less slow next season because of your newfound SEC speed, or can we still expect death march pace?

Lol ... we'll probably play and sing like we always do ... and still "saw varisities horns off" and everything ... just when we sing "good bye to Texas University, so long to the orange and the white" it'll have a bit different meaning.

I do wonder if the off campus bonfire group will still build an unsanctioned bonfire before the Mizzou game. Bonfire may be a tradition casualty in the move ... but it's been on the ropes for awhile. Since the University wasn;t going to allow it to come back anyway ... maybe it's time to let it go. I do hate that though ... Bonfire was an amazing thing. Anyway ... don;t want to derail this into a Bonfire thing ... just something that popped into my head while typing.

KantoSooner
6/15/2012, 02:45 PM
you get the concept of tradition right?

during WW2, a&m put more military officers in to service, second only to the US Military Academy

not all of the corps of cadets are ROTC candidates but many are.....i dont know why everybody has such an issue with the tradition at the school

Yeah, I understand tradition. My issue with the fruitsters in the corps is that all they've done to date, in their lives, is dress up like army-soldiers, march drill, grab nuts and act arrogant about it. Seriously, it's as though these guys continued to dress in their cub scout uni's and expect everyone to oooooh and aaaaaaah over them.

I respect people who serve, not blow hards who dress the part and want to tell everybody how macho they are. Frankly, the corps is something of an embarrassment and a complete anachronism. A&M should have done away with it generations ago.

Mac94
6/15/2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I understand tradition. My issue with the fruitsters in the corps is that all they've done to date, in their lives, is dress up like army-soldiers, march drill, grab nuts and act arrogant about it. Seriously, it's as though these guys continued to dress in their cub scout uni's and expect everyone to oooooh and aaaaaaah over them.

I respect people who serve, not blow hards who dress the part and want to tell everybody how macho they are. Frankly, the corps is something of an embarrassment and a complete anachronism. A&M should have done away with it generations ago.

LOL .. change a few words and you've also just pegged most Frat guys ;) We are talking about 18-22 year old guys here. Texas A&M and Virginia Tech are somewhat unique in that we both at one time were "all military" and that we now still both have large Corps of Cadets organizations amoung a larger general University population. In both instances the Corps are a link to the histories of the schools and both still serve as organizations to train officers for the United States military.

stoopified
6/15/2012, 03:21 PM
**** them and the poodles they rode in on.Actually that would be collies,not poodles. :D
I have no idea why aTm fans care one way or other about Barry since OU never beat on the Sons of Lassie while THE KING was coach.

olevetonahill
6/15/2012, 03:57 PM
Actually that would be collies,not poodles. :D
I have no idea why aTm fans care one way or other about Barry since OU never beat on the Sons of Lassie while THE KING was coach.

I were being smartassed :watermelon:

C&CDean
6/15/2012, 04:04 PM
A&Mers are kinda like Mormons in my book. Kinda weird, culty, mysterious, freaky traditions, but overall pretty nice folk.

KantoSooner
6/15/2012, 04:26 PM
Y'know, you're right. And taking a 'gentleness and kindness' lead from you, Dean, does feel a bit odd, but, hey, go with it.

I guess it really shouldn't matter to me that 'the corps' has no ties to the military, but still needs to play uniform games. It doesn't seem odd to anyone else that quasi-adult men feel compelled to play dress up and demand that the rest of the campus honor them for this. So, I guess I'm only person out here in teevee land whose skin crawls just a little when I see those bozo's. (strong resemblance to the guys chasing Jake and Elwood). So be it.

we're less than an hour away from 'Tussle with The Turkey' time anyway.

Happy weekend to all.

6/15/2012, 04:29 PM
A&Mers are kinda like Mormons in my book. Kinda weird, culty, mysterious, freaky traditions, but overall pretty nice folk.and, not as troubled as orange aggy.

picasso
6/16/2012, 02:13 PM
Mac mumbles "dat for the win... dat for the win" in his sleep.
http://www.vhkhvn.org/vhkh/leader_dev/images/Dat_Nguyen_football.jpg
Steroid puppy.

jk the sooner fan
6/16/2012, 05:32 PM
the corps doesnt bother me...not one single bit

but i'm into tradition - even if its just pretend/dress up

if you ever go to Gettysburg in July - you'll see all sorts of weirdo geeks dressed in civil war attire from both side, recreating the battle...they arent soldiers in real life - just normal schmoes

i think its great

6/16/2012, 05:40 PM
I got a buddy in the DC area somewhere who does Civil War re-enactments for his main hobbly. He was always sorta a ham, anyway, I always thought. Of course I am too, but that kinda stuff never appealed.