PDA

View Full Version : David Stern pwns Jim Rome

badger
6/14/2012, 11:52 AM
Just read. You won't be disappointed.

Link (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8048426/nba-commissioner-david-stern-radio-host-jim-rome-get-lottery)

Highlights:

Stern responded: "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

Stern: "Now you're getting mad. You're taking on the world and now Jim Rome is pouting."

Stern: "Listen, I gotta go call somebody important like Stephen A. Smith back. He's next."

What started this all was Rome asking if the NBA Lottery was fixed.

jumperstop
6/14/2012, 11:56 AM
Poor journalism if you ask me. Of course there are a lot of people thinking it, doesn't make it a legit question. What did he expect him to say?

badger
6/14/2012, 01:23 PM
Poor journalism if you ask me. Of course there are a lot of people thinking it, doesn't make it a legit question. What did he expect him to say?

I admit that Stern didn't handle this professionally, but Jim Rome didn't have word it so dumbly if he wanted to ask it. Ask "What measures do you take to ensure that the integrity of the NBA Draft is upheld?" not "I think you fixed the draft, herp derp."

It's like that moron saying to a roided up professional wrestler "I think it's fake!" Well, that moron did get a financial settlement, so maybe he's not a moron. :eek:

Eielson
6/14/2012, 02:34 PM
I don't really feel that Stern pwned him. Stern fixed this draft, and everybody who follows the NBA knows it. He fixed the draft for the Bulls to get Rose, and that worked out great. Why wouldn't he do it again?

The "have you stopped beating your wife yet" question is just odd.

jk the sooner fan
6/14/2012, 02:38 PM
people still listen to Jim Rome?

Eielson
6/14/2012, 09:34 PM
people still listen to Jim Rome?

Used to, but now they all listen to Stephen A.

Curly Bill
6/14/2012, 11:23 PM
I don't care for Jim Rome, but I fully believe the NBA is crooked.

I'm not certain on the draft, though I don't doubt it, but with officiating I have no doubt at all.

ouleaf
6/15/2012, 01:41 AM
Think Stern was a bit out of line there in his retaliation to Rome's annoying question. Yes, Rome was being a jerk in the first place, but Stern should have just said the lottery is not fixed and move on.

That said, the line about having to call Stephen A. was pretty awesome.

Eielson
6/15/2012, 07:18 AM
jtHVnIJHjWg